Not that angry about today's loss | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Not that angry about today's loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually it was after the Louisville loss. I underestimated just how bad the Big East was that year.

Good to see people are still bragging about that season as evidence of St. Randy's brilliance.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322590120
I like what you did there. Instead of issuing a mea culpa you deflected blame to the remainder of the conference.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No wins against any schools that finished in the Top 25.

One win against a team that was ranked at the time.

When was the past time we had a good QB on the roster?

But I still say Coach P is the only thing that could make me nostalgic for Edsall.

It's funny how pretty much everyone is in agreement that Pasqualoni isn't getting it done, but the Apologists just can't let go of their coach-crush on Edsall, so they are using this situation to reaffirm their love of Mr. Mediocre.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's funny how pretty much everyone is in agreement that Pasqualoni isn't getting it done, but the Apologists just can't let go of their coach-crush on Edsall, so they are using this situation to reaffirm their love of Mr. Mediocre.

It's so cute that you have names for everyone! Sorry that you care more about defending your predictions on a message board than dealing with reality. I thought Spackler had overtaken you as the biggest fool around here but at least he just admits when he was wrong.

Reaction Score
Nelson-

I feel you are delusional and need therapy. while it's always nice to see the potential for lemonade in lemons, this is as bad as it can get without being BCU. if you feel the need to pull positives out of this the only positive is that we're 1 step closer to a new head coach.
Johnny
What is wrong with seeing the positives that the team is doing man? What is wallowing in the mud going to do?
Temple made adjustments and forced whitmer to throw to the sidelines where it is not his strength. Once they took the middle away he struggled. Passes were called to the sideline and plays were not made that I saw.
Running. Although max had a decent day we had a hard time gettin over a few yards per carry. We need to be able to pound the rock and block.

Onto the coaches. The only blame I see on the coaches. And it's a biggie. Is when temple was running the hurry up we had all three timeouts and our defense wasn't set led to those two completions at the end. I think we should have called a timeout and stole their momentum and set te defense based on what they were showing.
I am concerned pp doesn't acknowledge this at all.
Well onto Syracuse where hopefully we can win by double digits. I really believe the team is close to having an offense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Johnny
What is wrong with seeing the positives that the team is doing man? What is wallowing in the mud going to do?
Temple made adjustments and forced whitmer to throw to the sidelines where it is not his strength. Once they took the middle away he struggled. Passes were called to the sideline and plays were not made that I saw.
Running. Although max had a decent day we had a hard time gettin over a few yards per carry. We need to be able to pound the rock and block.

Onto the coaches. The only blame I see on the coaches. And it's a biggie. Is when temple was running the hurry up we had all three timeouts and our defense wasn't set led to those two completions at the end. I think we should have called a timeout and stole their momentum and set te defense based on what they were showing.
I am concerned pp doesn't acknowledge this at all.
Well onto Syracuse where hopefully we can win by double digits. I really believe the team is close to having an offense.

It feels like every game there are a few small adjustments that could make a huge difference, and they don't get made. UConn isn't getting its doors blown off, it is losing close game after close game. With most programs, a coach has to cross all the t's and dot all the i's and then, with a few breaks, the team can have a good year and win more than it loses. UConn is just not doing that. Too many little things keep getting missed.

Reaction Score
Please provide a link where, after getting shut out by Louisville, you predicted UConn would go to the Fiesta Bowl.

I never predicted a Fiesta Bowl, but I laughed at your idiotic prediction. Of course you don't count that Fiesta Bowl anyway b/c the BE sucked that year. I know you like to deflect attention away from your lunacy by saying everybody else is in love with Edsall, but that has nothing to do with your complete suspension of reality for what happened that season. Over this thread you've said the fans are idiots for thinking GDL and P suck, Edsall sucks b/c the only year he made the Fiesta Bowl the BE sucked and Bill Stewert blew his game against us,even though elsewhere you say ultimately wins are the only things that matter, meanwhile Temple's not really that bad because they're losses are decent, even though one is against UMD which is coached by Edsall, who sucks. You really need to diagram out your arguments somewhere so you can keep them straight because right now following your train of thought is like following John Nash's work room in A Beautiful Mind.

You're right, we're not getting pantsed in our games, but when you lose all the close ones, there's a problem. And somehow winning all the close ones was never enough to win your approval of Edsall's job. How did we suck before b/c we couldn't beat top 25 programs, but now we're decent for losing close games to teams in the mid50s and mid 60s?

Reaction Score
Actually it was after the Louisville loss. I underestimated just how bad the Big East was that year.

Good to see people are still bragging about that season as evidence of St. Randy's brilliance.

I can't stand the guy and think he's the biggest phoney in the world. But is it really that difficult to admit that Edsall did a good job here? I don't think anyone thinks he is a great coach, but he did a good job here.

I'm not saying you should change your #BegHarder signature to say "I predicted 2-10 in 2010" but a simple "I was wrong" goes a long way. Instead you continually trash and mock the accomplishments of our 2010 Fiesta Bowl team. What's really sad is that I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I never predicted a Fiesta Bowl, but I laughed at your idiotic prediction. Of course you don't count that Fiesta Bowl anyway b/c the BE sucked that year. I know you like to deflect attention away from your lunacy by saying everybody else is in love with Edsall, but that has nothing to do with your complete suspension of reality for what happened that season. Over this thread you've said the fans are idiots for thinking GDL and P suck, Edsall sucks b/c the only year he made the Fiesta Bowl the BE sucked and Bill Stewert blew his game against us,even though elsewhere you say ultimately wins are the only things that matter, meanwhile Temple's not really that bad because they're losses are decent, even though one is against UMD which is coached by Edsall, who sucks. You really need to diagram out your arguments somewhere so you can keep them straight because right now following your train of thought is like following John Nash's work room in A Beautiful Mind.

You're right, we're not getting pantsed in our games, but when you lose all the close ones, there's a problem. And somehow winning all the close ones was never enough to win your approval of Edsall's job. How did we suck before b/c we couldn't beat top 25 programs, but now we're decent for losing close games to teams in the mid50s and mid 60s?

Entire post is a strawman argument. Moving along.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't stand the guy and think he's the biggest phoney in the world. But is it really that difficult to admit that Edsall did a good job here? I don't think anyone thinks he is a great coach, but he did a good job here.

I'm not saying you should change your #BegHarder signature to say "I predicted 2-10 in 2010" but a simple "I was wrong" goes a long way. Instead you continually trash and mock the accomplishments of our 2010 Fiesta Bowl team. What's really sad is that I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

Didn't say he sucked and I didn't trash or mock the 2010 team. I just pointed out several atypical factors that created a favorable bowl appearance that was not realistically going to be replicated under Edsall. Giving Edsall credit for getting us to the Fiesta Bowl is like giving a lottery winner credit for picking the right numbers. The lottery winner may be good at math, but he or she is unlikely to pick the winning numbers again.

Reaction Score
Didn't say he sucked and I didn't trash or mock the 2010 team. I just pointed out several atypical factors that created a favorable bowl appearance that was not realistically going to be replicated under Edsall. Giving Edsall credit for getting us to the Fiesta Bowl is like giving a lottery winner credit for picking the right numbers. The lottery winner may be good at math, but he or she is unlikely to pick the winning numbers again.

There are so many direct contradictions in this post I don't know where to begin. Moving along.

Reaction Score
Nelson, doesn't the lack of in game adjustment bother you? It kills me.

Once the Temple defense started covering the center of the field (and blitzing a bit more) the UConn coaches were out of ammo. They had three quarters to adjust. To find something that worked. They never did, they ran the same plays that worked in the first quarter and ignored the results. It was a TERRIBLE offense for 3 quarters - 0 Points, you can't do worse.

Delorenzo wasn't better than McCombs but he wasn't any worse. He moved the pile, didn't really break any tackles and showed the same lack of vision (never seeing the cutback) that McCombs shows. I say, next man up, Joe Williams.

I am very angry that Chris Peterson is not our coach. We should shut the program down as a result.

Seriously, I think the screeching of the past 24 hours shows a total ignorance of football, because in reality this was not a terrible game from a coaching standpoint.

The most annoying thing about people who are pathological is that they don't realize they are pathological. You do nothing but make strawman arguments, then throw that charge out at others in mocking tone.

Palatine made a very thoughtful post, to which you responded with mockery, condescension and a straw man, while refusing to address his point, and concluding with the statement inferring palatine was wrong.

You bring up Edsall time after time in this thread while blaming others for not letting go. Edsall has nothing to do with Pasqualoni's pathetic game day coaching. The fact is, you're actually mocking Edsall as mediocre, while defending a man who has a losing record at UConn and has failed to win back to back games after 19 games. A coach who has lost to a MAC team in back to back years. We're 4-7 in games decided by 1 score. That's not mediocre, it's awful. You can mock mediocre all you want, but you're doing it while defending ineptitude. And it makes you look like a moron. You defend "not getting blown out", then discount wins. You're embarrasing yourself.

Reaction Score

How is it a straw man? That seems to be your answer every time someone calls out the ridiculous things you say. Maybe if you put a few moments of cogent thought into your arguments you wouldn't get trapped in a web of your own flawed logic quite so often.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is it a straw man? That seems to be your answer every time someone calls out the ridiculous things you say. Maybe if you put a few moments of cogent thought into your arguments you wouldn't get trapped in a web of your own flawed logic quite so often.

It is a straw man argument because the premise of his post is that I am a Pasqualoni defender. I am not.

What did I post that was ridiculous? Was UConn missing its starting TB? Did UConn move the ball pretty well, putting up a pretty good yardage game? Did the kicker miss 4 field goals?

The argument of almost every poster in this thread, including you, is that:

a) Pasqualoni is the worst coach in the history of football, and
b) UConn had achieved some great heights before Pasqualoni destroyed the program.

The reality is that UConn was a mediocre program when Pasqualoni got here, and while I don't think he has been a good coach by any means, folks like you accuse me of heresy for pointing out that he did not coach a terrible game against Temple.

That is the entire argument in this thread. I said Pasqualoni wasn't terrible against Temple, and we have 3 pages of personal flames as a result. I didn't even say he was good, just not terrible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The most annoying thing about people who are pathological is that they don't realize they are pathological. You do nothing but make strawman arguments, then throw that charge out at others in mocking tone.

Palatine made a very thoughtful post, to which you responded with mockery, condescension and a straw man, while refusing to address his point, and concluding with the statement inferring palatine was wrong.

You bring up Edsall time after time in this thread while blaming others for not letting go. Edsall has nothing to do with Pasqualoni's pathetic game day coaching. The fact is, you're actually mocking Edsall as mediocre, while defending a man who has a losing record at UConn and has failed to win back to back games after 19 games. A coach who has lost to a MAC team in back to back years. We're 4-7 in games decided by 1 score. That's not mediocre, it's awful. You can mock mediocre all you want, but you're doing it while defending ineptitude. And it makes you look like a moron. You defend "not getting blown out", then discount wins. You're embarrasing yourself.

I disagree with parts of Palatine's post, but I will agree that he put some thought into it, and it is fair for him to disagree on substance.

You just make personal attacks and are a waste of my and everyone else's time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The apologists are the ones claiming that Temple is a good win for Maryland but a bad loss for UConn. It is also worth noting that Wake suspended 6 players for its game against Maryland.

The fact that Temple, Maryland and UConn are 1-1 against each other proves my point. All 3 teams are in the fat part of the distribution curve in terms of quality, and wins and losses among schools like this are based on a pretty small margin of error. Unfortunately, UConn keeps losing close games, which means that Pasqualoni is making mistakes that are taking him past his margin of error.

If Pasqualoni was as bad as posters claim, using the world "terrible" over and over again, UConn would be Colorado. It isn't.

Reaction Score
I agree we're all basically about as good as each other, and I think talent-wise we're basically on par with about 60% of FBS. We could have beat Rutgers, NCState or anyone else on our schedule, but when you start losing a lot of those, and having close calls against teams like Buffalo that we should have beat by 20, you have to look at the coaches. Watching Rutgers I think they're only a small margin better than us, but we played lousy against them, and we play lousy against a lot of teams. That's on the coaches. I disagree with those that think the program has been set back 5 years, I think a good coach could win a lot of games with this team next year, but I don't see our current group getting it done. We haven't won back to back games since 2010, and we haven't exactly had a world beater schedule. P's clock management issues are quite simply maddening, and they're not going anywhere.

Reaction Score
I disagree with parts of Palatine's post, but I will agree that he put some thought into it, and it is fair for him to disagree on substance.

You just make personal attacks and are a waste of my and everyone else's time.

You don't bother responding to what people actually post, you ignore their substance, and make a strawman argument, or make up their entire argument for them, and then accuse others of strawmen in condescending tones.

You earn the personal attacks, you are not a victim, you're a .

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You don't bother responding to what people actually post, you ignore their substance, and make a strawman argument, or make up their entire argument for them, and then accuse others of strawmen in condescending tones.

You earn the personal attacks, you are not a victim, you're a .

He is always Waylon Smithers to me.

Reaction Score
well, this thread has really deteriorated...even more than most! But for what it is worth, I sort of agree with nelson's opening post...not the part about not being angry. I was and still am ticked about losing to another team we should have beaten, but the part about us playing pretty well. I made these points earlier on another thread, but to reiterate, but for a horrible job by Christen, we played well enough to have won that game handily. In fact with any kind of D1 kicker we do. But when you mess up things that should be automatic and you let a lesser team hang around, bad things can happen, and they did. Look, we had 3 1st period drives. A missed fg and 2 tds. Since no team scores a touchdown every time having a dependable kicker is important. then we drove into field goal range in the 3rd quarter and missed and again late for the block that was described as a low kick by Pasqualoni. Hit the first one and everyone could go home at halftime. Hit the 2nd or 3rd and the final drive matters not at all. Hit all 3 and its a comfortable win whether they score late or not. It isn't uncommon for a team to win scoring a couple of touchdowns and a couple of field goals. happens all the time. Not is it unusual for a team to jump out to a lead and not be able to keep up the same level of play for all 4 quarters. Not every game is Oklahoma over Texas 105 to 2 or whatever it was at the half. the problem here wasn't the play of the offense, and the defense played well except on a couple of plays. The kicker was awful, which allowed Temple to hang around. When you let a lesser team hang around, a lucky play can make the difference. But the reason the Owls hung around was because Christen kept missing.

Reaction Score

Are you o.k.? Who do you think who posts here was upset with that result? I know from the cesspool you're not a Republican, so I would think that you would get that you can't just make up facts and treat them as opinions.

Reaction Score

You think you're being logical (or even rational) when you compare winning a football game to picking lottery numbers. Do you ever read your posts the next day and ask yourself if you shouldn't reduce your medication?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You think you're being logical (or even rational) when you compare winning a football game to picking lottery numbers. Do you ever read your posts the next day and ask yourself if you shouldn't reduce your medication?

just making an assessment of the probability of UConn going to a BCS bowl again under Edsall. Use some other analogy if you prefer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
well, this thread has really deteriorated...even more than most! But for what it is worth, I sort of agree with nelson's opening post...not the part about not being angry. I was and still am ticked about losing to another team we should have beaten, but the part about us playing pretty well. I made these points earlier on another thread, but to reiterate, but for a horrible job by Christen, we played well enough to have won that game handily. In fact with any kind of D1 kicker we do. But when you mess up things that should be automatic and you let a lesser team hang around, bad things can happen, and they did. Look, we had 3 1st period drives. A missed fg and 2 tds. Since no team scores a touchdown every time having a dependable kicker is important. then we drove into field goal range in the 3rd quarter and missed and again late for the block that was described as a low kick by Pasqualoni. Hit the first one and everyone could go home at halftime. Hit the 2nd or 3rd and the final drive matters not at all. Hit all 3 and its a comfortable win whether they score late or not. It isn't uncommon for a team to win scoring a couple of touchdowns and a couple of field goals. happens all the time. Not is it unusual for a team to jump out to a lead and not be able to keep up the same level of play for all 4 quarters. Not every game is Oklahoma over Texas 105 to 2 or whatever it was at the half. the problem here wasn't the play of the offense, and the defense played well except on a couple of plays. The kicker was awful, which allowed Temple to hang around. When you let a lesser team hang around, a lucky play can make the difference. But the reason the Owls hung around was because Christen kept missing.

Anything other than a vicious attack of Pasqualoni will not be tolerated on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom