Non-Key Tweets | Page 558 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That's silly. More like the B1G and Pac 12 in basketball. But nothing is static. Go back a little further and the SEC was certainly not dominant. The B1G has as many historic powers as any league. Penn State and Nebraska are just a good coach away from returning to glory. Michigan already hired theirs and is back.

The AAC has 1/3 NC since it started in BB. 3/3 in WBB. SO that's 4/6 NCs in Basketball

The BIG has 2/16 NC's in Football.

You are right. It's silly.

Yes, we can go back to when the BIG was dominant. We can go back to when the Ivys was dominant.

Not in the last generation.

The BIG is great at making money and being competative in Football. But the SEC is at a completely different level on the field.. Completely different.

Reaction Score
I will agree that the SEC is complete different.

It definitely has been far superior. I wouldn't post a score of a recent Florida win post Urban Meyer. Florida clearly has not been the same since he left, and the error with the Muschamp hire. However, The b10's bowl performance and more specific lack of out of conference significant wins in the past 10 or so years was a topic of much press and fan scrutiny.

APA

Reaction Score
Pretty convenient to leave out Ohio State in 2014.

But as all UConn fans do, you overvalue championships. Look at major bowl wins instead and see what you get. BCS or New Years day bowls from before the BCS. I have no doubt that the SEC is #1, but I think the B1G will show pretty well. Wisconsin and Michigan State have had some superb teams.
Also convenient to leave out Michigan in 1997.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The AAC has 1/3 NC since it started in BB. 3/3 in WBB. SO that's 4/6 NCs in Basketball

The BIG has 2/16 NC's in Football.

You are right. It's silly.

Yes, we can go back to when the BIG was dominant. We can go back to when the Ivys was dominant.

Not in the last generation.

The BIG is great at making money and being competative in Football. But the SEC is at a completely different level on the field.. Completely different.

You are overvaluing NCs. This is a sport that didn't have real NCs until very recently. Major bowl wins should be the measure. Beyond that, look at attendance. NC's are not the measure of strength. B1G has #1-2 in attendance, along with 7, 11 and a few more in the top 20.

SEC is on top, clearly. But not by nearly the margin people think.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You are overvaluing NCs. This is a sport that didn't have real NCs until very recently.

Ok. You convinced me. They have been licking the SEC boots for only the age of HS juniors.

Nick Sabin has taken dumps with as many BCS Championships of every BIG not ccalled Ohio State.

Reaction Score
That's silly. More like the B1G and Pac 12 in basketball. But nothing is static. Go back a little further and the SEC was certainly not dominant. The B1G has as many historic powers as any league. Penn State and Nebraska are just a good coach away from returning to glory. Michigan already hired theirs and is back.

I am a huge anti-Big Ten guy but this is correct. In the early Nineties, the SEC was far from dominant and Alabama was not very good.

I live in Baton Rouge and well recall that LSU had 8 losing seasons in 11 years until Nick Saban fell into their lap. Ohio State was bad under John Cooper, Oklahoma was bad under John Blake, etc...

Everything in sports is cyclical and (unfortunately, lol) Big Ten schools like Michigan, Nebraska and yes...even Penn State will be back in the top tier with the right coaching hires.

APA

Reaction Score
I am a huge anti-Big Ten guy but this is correct. In the early Nineties, the SEC was far from dominant and Alabama was not very good.

I live in Baton Rouge and well recall that LSU had 8 losing seasons in 11 years until Nick Saban fell into their lap. Ohio State was bad under John Cooper, Oklahoma was bad under John Blake, etc...

Everything in sports is cyclical and (unfortunately, lol) Big Ten schools like Michigan, Nebraska and yes...even Penn State will be back in the top tier with the right coaching hires.
Ohio State was not bad under Cooper. His record there was 111-43 in 13 years. He had just one losing season, and 2 seasons of 11-1. His problem was that he couldn't beat Michigan.

Reaction Score
Early 90's, that's 25 years ago, different world in all respects now in college football. Now it's the cheese $. Back then, not so much.

Reaction Score
You are overvaluing NCs. This is a sport that didn't have real NCs until very recently. Major bowl wins should be the measure. Beyond that, look at attendance. NC's are not the measure of strength. B1G has #1-2 in attendance, along with 7, 11 and a few more in the top 20.

SEC is on top, clearly. But not by nearly the margin people think.
Theres a reason its called the "Propaganda'' conference and too many buy Espin's spin...its good but way overhyped!!!You're only as good as your paid IMHO...

Reaction Score
I look at the CR board once a week now - used to be every day. Once the Big 12 makes it's announcement it will be more like once a year - at least until the early 2020's.

Reaction Score
Theres a reason its called the "Propaganda'' conference and too many buy Espin's spin...its good but way overhyped!!!You're only as good as your paid IMHO...

Is it a coincidence that your humble opinion is exceedingly generous to Rutgers?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Goodbye Car Wash! Hello Westfarms Mall Men's Room!

There are two qualitative differences. 1. Killings is a coach on the BB team, not some random guy from WF who may or may not exist. 2. There are pictures, the real (vs. imagined) person really was at the mall.

Did he say what was reported? No idea. But this is a little meatier than the car wash.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it Killings was probably talking about a recruits comments about what he was told by a competing school. Are we recruiting anyone that also has a B1G offer?

Reactions: pj

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The more I think about it Killings was probably talking about a recruits comments about what he was told by a competing school. Are we recruiting anyone that also has a B1G offer?
The attributed quote says "...on Saturdays"... which is weird because he's not a football coach. (The basketball team does play on saturdays sometimes, but still... weird)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Maybe. But if the quote is correct it sounds like he's talking about his own recruitment away from Temple. It is, in the minds of some, a lateral move. He left a school in the AAC with a pretty good basketball history for another with a better history in the same league, to do the same job.

Is that common? It doesn't seem like it.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But if the quote is correct it sounds like he's talking about his own recruitment away from Temple. It is, in the minds of some, a lateral move. He left a school in the AAC with a pretty good basketball history for another with a better history in the same league, to do the same job.

Is that common? It doesn't seem like it.
Pay raise?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Temple is a decent school but UConn is a basketball Blue Blood with better national visability = a better job. Going from a middle of the road program with no real national success in recent years to the most successful men's program in the last 20 years is not a lateral.

Reaction Score
There are two qualitative differences. 1. Killings is a coach on the BB team, not some random guy from WF who may or may not exist. 2. There are pictures, the real (vs. imagined) person really was at the mall.

Did he say what was reported? No idea. But this is a little meatier than the car wash.

Taking the Escalators needs to be addressed here though. However, at West Farms Malls, the stairs and escalators are no where near each other which it makes it surprisingly difficult. I will give him a pass but we probably need an OT Topic on Best Mall Layouts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Saw this when I looked at that tweet....

Husky Army‏@thehuskyarmy
When you realize UConn has your NCAA Basketball Championship total quadrupled... #Cuse #UConn

CfYOhd4WAAEdr6R.jpg

Reaction Score

Nicky, you are one of the more tolerable Rutgers fans, but please don't suggest that you guys earned anything. You guys hit the lottery because of location - nothing more, nothing less...

Reaction Score
I look at the CR board once a week now - used to be every day. Once the Big 12 makes it's announcement it will be more like once a year - at least until the early 2020's.
same sentiment... things have really dried up.
sucks when you see a whole new page, thinking there might be some news or activity, only to see it's one comment about SEC vs BIG or Best Fried Clams in the State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom