Non-Key Tweets | Page 559 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Nicky, you are one of the more tolerable Rutgers fans, but please don't suggest that you guys earned anything. You guys hit the lottery because of location - nothing more, nothing less...
Sea Goat? I was commenting on the constant harping of the SEC? Who even said or alluded to RU? On Landthieves they've been calling the SEC the Propaganda conference and i agree so rarely watch the spin anymore!!By paid i mean't conference payouts and who the people will pay to watch....don't think RU got more than 11M this year? Hardly a boon till full payouts kick in!!

Reaction Score
Nicky..

It's just that Rutgers got invited to the ball while the prettier girl sits wistfully at home...But we all have seen that Disney film and know the ultimate ending.

UConn will eventually get an invite...and end up dancing solo under the spotlight while Rutgers still will be standing in the dim shadows at the edge of the ballroom.

Reaction Score
Sea Goat? I was commenting on the constant harping of the SEC? Who even said or alluded to RU? On Landthieves they've been calling the SEC the Propaganda conference and i agree so rarely watch the spin anymore!!By paid i mean't conference payouts and who the people will pay to watch....don't think RU got more than 11M this year? Hardly a boon till full payouts kick in!!

Nicky, 11 mm a year and increasing rapidly? Guess you'll have to squeak by on that. That's about 5 years worth in the Gulag conference. When you guys start crying it will always be with a pork chop in your mouth. Much of what we have heard lately is about the ridiculous amounts of money that the B1G will payout after the next media deal. So a money conversation is kind of painful when you realize that certain recipients are so situated by virtue an accident of geography. BTW, don't mind me. I'm just a typical, righteously indignant poster on the boneyard. That's all...

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14h14 hours ago
Big 12 expansion trending down today. Bowlsby pushing for a decision the presidents may not want to make yet.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@coog57 Waiting on ESPN/fox to decide to pay them for not expanding to 14.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h7 hours ago
@TommyNole @troyboy8ball @Mountaineer_Ste I think the networks don't want any movement.

@TommyNole @troyboy8ball @Mountaineer_Ste I just think the networks have pulled the economic incentive for realignment. They don't want it.

I still think the Big 12 may act. Despite what's said. The vibe is different.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
So I have reason to believe that Bowlsby has told 2 schools that the B12 will vote on inviting them next week. 1/3

One of those schools appears to be BYU but so far I haven't been able to confirm. 2/3

The other may be UC but I can't confirm that either. The outcome of a potential vote could go either way. 3/3.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
In all seriousness... I communicated via email with BYU last night trying to confirm the vote and pending offer.

While the email conversation was OTR I can say I felt confident in going public with my belief that BYU has an offer pending a vote.

Officially my contact at BYU referred me to AD Holmoe. Unofficially my contact refused to deny the vote was to take place.

The contact at BYU was the 3rd source that indicated BYU was up for a vote.

It corroborate nearly identical reports from sources at WVU and the Big 12.

Three independent sources are enough for me.

Calvin Wells ‏@CalGTR · 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV BYU AD's office isn't saying word one these days. Nobody in any position of leadership is saying anything.

@CalGTR I had specifics.

Steve Nelson ‏@englishnelson · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Forgive me if I missed the mention earlier. But any inkling of who the second expansion school would be?

@englishnelson Assume UC, UCONN, UCF or CSU. Unless we are in for a surprise.

@That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 @espn960sports The network didn't happen but two other factors came into play.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
@That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 @espn960sports The Big 12 has a 15% greater chance of making the playoffs with 2 divisions and 12 teams.

@That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 @espn960sports ESPN/Fox are open to reworking the TV contract to add money to eliminate the pro rata increase.

@That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 @espn960sports That gets them off the hook for $1B if the B12 expanded to 14.

Jay ‏@uconn24_7 · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 so how do they get around the billion extra?

@uconn24_7 @That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 They give the B12 more money for expanding to 12 and eliminate the pro rata clause.

@That_Y_Lyfe @uconn24_7 @ParkerRob78 ESPN/Fox didn't want to pay the Big 12 $120M a year for adding 4 G5 schools.

@That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 @espn960sports Finally the Big 12 is worried about Baylor.

@That_Y_Lyfe @ParkerRob78 @espn960sports Those factors may have motivated the Big 12 to reconsider expansion.

@StudioBPR At this point I just want it over. UC is the safe bet but CSU may be the pick.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Sorry I have been so quiet. I have been mostly out of the loop for the better part of the past month between moving and the flood

H ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
However I do have an update and it's not great news.

OU and UT are now both standing pat on the no expansion with G5 platform.

There is more going on than meets the eye.

ESPN is going the cheap way out on ACCN and FSU and others are livid.

Also pac12 is grasping at straws to increase revenue and there are unhappy schools there as well

So sadly it seems expansion is going to be again put on hold possibly until GORs start coming close to an end.

But all hope is not lost for a few G5s.

Fox and ESPN are telling B12 they will rework contracts if B12 only takes 2 G5.

Will give them more money than pro rata but new contracts would have pro rata clause removed.

I think it's a bad move though because that pro rata clause is too good a bargaining chip.

So my source puts expansion this summer with G5 schools now at less than 25%.

I personally hope he's wrong and at rooting for UC, BYU, and Uconn.

Things can always turn on a dime and have in the past but don't hold your breath for an announcement this month.

Jacob Fechter ‏@JWFUtah 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 so next week's meeting is just a party?

@JWFUtah no it will be discussed but I'm being told the support is just not there.

Reaction Score
Well that definitely clears everything up. The thread is complete. Thanks MH ver3.

Reaction Score
Anyone else laughing at The Dude's assertion because a BYU 'source' would refuse an official or unofficial denial to a West Virginia twitterer/blogger, that it should be constitution as a verifiable independent source that BYU is voting on a change in conference affiliation.

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you.

pj

Reaction Score
When I called the Hilary Clinton campaign headquarters, their spokesperson refused to deny that she was about to give up her US citizenship and move to China. Quite rudely in fact.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@ezrambc If the B12 expands it does so for two reasons. Primarily to improve playoff chances is one reason.

@ezrambc The other reason is security especially in light of what's happening at Baylor.

@ezrambc The B12 TV contract is void if the conf has less than 10 members.

@ezrambc the 3rd reason is the TV contract with ESPN/Fox. The contract has a pro rata clause that concerns the networks.

@ezrambc It says that ESPN/Fox will add $ = to the average payout. That's $30M right now & it goes up.

@ezrambc If the Big 12 would expand to 14 ESPN/Fox would be forced to add $120m per year at the minimum.

@ezrambc So the B12 is currently renegotiating that contract to add money in exchange for eliminating the pro rata clause.

@ezrambc Which schools available doesn't dilute B12 quality and adds the most value. It's easy. It's BYU.

@ezrambc ESPN pays BYU between $600k and $1.2M for each home game. Way below B12 value but much higher than AAC schools.

@ezrambc But I'm not just using logic. A source told me BYU would likely come to a vote.

@ezrambc I contacted BYU directly with what I had & the dialog I had with BYU was enough for me to go public.

@ezrambc BYU never denied they were up for a vote.

@ezrambc I had a dialog with someone at BYU OTR.

@ezrambc I'll add this. We know BYU is acceptable to Texas. Why? Because Texas had a home-&-home with BYU.

Reaction Score
The combination of idiocy and delusion on display in both The Dood and Mh3's Tweets is astounding. These two are like the Woodward and Bernstein of hillbilly internet journalists. All we need now is for Tuxedo Yoda to corroborate this BYU "Source" that they both so freely converse with, and we'll know that expansion in on like Donkey Kong.

Does anyone else find it creepy how obsessed The Dood is with WVU's Conference payouts? Its like his entire self worth is wrapped up in what WVU's AD earns in any given season. Maybe Kyle can remind him that Northwestern and Purdue still make dump trucks full of cash more than The Neers, and none of his wildest realignment fantasies will ever change that.

Reaction Score
We know that BYU is acceptable to Texas because they played a home and home? LOL. WTF kind of metric is that? MSU played at WMU last year, does that make them a viable candidate for The B1G?

Reaction Score
Well...if it ain't the Algonquin Round Table of conference realignment.

A new era of digital enlightenment with BluVod, Dude, MH Ver, Yoda, Flug, etc as sitting members of the conclave.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We have a home and home with Mizzou, BC, UVA, Cuse, Indiana, Illinois. Forget the Big12 there's about to be a bidding war between the SEC, ACC, and B1G!

Reaction Score
If only that was the BB schedule. Except for BCU, of course.

Oh I don't know. I wouldn't mind another 30+ win streak against the Thunder Chickens as retribution for some of the crap that they've posted on line in the past.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
Okay BYU fans I'm giving what I have to Vanquish the Foe's Kevin Kennedy.

@Kevin4byu @MattSBN Please check your email regarding a message concerning BYU and the B12.
CnaLw3WWcAEHydQ.jpg

Reaction Score

@Kevin4byu @MattSBN Please check your email regarding a message concerning BYU and the B12.

0% chance he gets an actual response to that email. He's just fishing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

CnaLw3WWcAEHydQ.jpg
What a complete loser. Please like me and attribute news to me guys! I'm a super cereal writer/blogger/plasterer of fecal matter!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom