Non-Key Tweets | Page 557 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wish this thread encompassed non-key emails that are sent by non-key tweeters. I need to vent and oh my goodness would I unload right now.

I'm surprised to learn that non-key tweeters have enough facility with the English language to write entire emails. So you have proof of this?

Reaction Score
I'm surprised to learn that non-key tweeters have enough facility with the English language to write entire emails. So you have proof of this?

I'll tell you the emails are from The Dude. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'll tell you the emails are from The Dude. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
DO IT DO IT DO IT! I know he's complete batsht crazy. You aren't alone. He sent me tweets from his alter egos on Twitter... Completely unstable. Did he vaguely threaten you? I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

Reaction Score
I wish this thread encompassed non-key emails that are sent by non-key tweeters. I need to vent and oh my goodness would I unload right now.

Speak your thoughts and let it lose. You will feel better afterwards. I spoke my thoughts about the fraud known as Flugempire when he was pimping G5 fans for attention and he eventually gave on his fake BTM garbage.

Reaction Score
OK, well I'll try to make this as pertinent to the topic as I can.

A few weeks ago, Greg tweeted at me in response to a comment I made regarding the new Big Ten rights agreement. I pointed out that despite the naysayers suggesting the Big Ten's $40-50 million revenue estimates were a pipe dream, it turns out they are getting just that. The Dude said there was no way they would get close to that, and the estimates as of 2017 are about $40 million with BTN revenue continuing to climb the next five years. Greg then tweeted that even Northwestern would be getting more TV/rights money than West Virginia.

Suddenly, Chris emailed me yesterday saying he got wind from someone that Greg had made these comments and he pointed out it was untrue because it doesn't take into account WVU's IMG money. He had my email because we had communicated a few times, but who knows why now he suddenly got wind of these tweets. I said I wasn't really a part of the WVU revenue conversation so I didn't have much of an opinion, but I pointed out that a cursory glance at the USA Today finances database showed WVU as having less rights/licensing revenue than every Big Ten public institution except for Rutgers, who is still getting only a partial share in conference payouts.

This was not popular and did not sit well with him. He mentioned the USA Today data was not accurate because IMG revenue was listed for WVU in "other" revenue. Funny enough, the "other" revenue consisted only of $5 million and even adding the "other" revenue to rights/licensing, the point was still accurate that they made less in rights/licensing than every other Big Ten public school except Rutgers. Still, for some reason, he kept arguing it and told me I should look at the EADA database (which is completely separate).

I informed him that the annual disclosures made to USA Today were line item and I even provided the USA Today definition of their rights/licensing revenue, which included TV, Radio, Internet, e-commerce, marketing, sponsorship, royalties, trademarks, etc. Basically every licensing fee you can imagine was listed under their definition. He still refused to believe me. I pointed out that five years ago, I literally did a three month study on finances and performed open records requests on every single FBS institution to get bowl finances, and had hours and hours of email and phone conversations about this. I knew for a fact that USA Today's data was based on line item information (as submitted in their annual NCAA report) that was grouped into categories. He responded with a picture of sport-by-sport revenue data by West Virginia that was submitted to the NCAA as proof I was wrong (even though he conflated the EADA data with the NCAA annual revenue report). He told me I was "dense."

I figured out the problem eventually. He's confusing the NCAA reporting of "other" revenue, which includes line items of broadcasting revenue and royalties, sponsorship and licensing as sub-items, and because it's categorized as "other" revenue in the NCAA report, he assumes therefore the USA Today database also i including that revenue as "other." What he refuses to understand is that when the USA Today gathers this data, they specifically take those licensing/rights line items and group them with conference media payouts to put together a big category that can be compared across institutions on an apples-to-apples basis.

Honestly it's a silly debate. I don't even care if West Virginia makes more or less than those schools. It wasn't my debate to begin with. I was just pointing out a simple fact because I believe he was mistaken about it. Knowing USA Today's methodology and the way reports are submitted to the NCAA (because I did a three month project on the whole thing), I tried explaining that Greg's basis was correct. In any event, I'm still being told how 'wrong' I am. I should give back the money I earned on the freelance story. I must have done it incorrectly.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
OK, well I'll try to make this as pertinent to the topic as I can.

A few weeks ago, Greg tweeted at me in response to a comment I made regarding the new Big Ten rights agreement. I pointed out that despite the naysayers suggesting the Big Ten's $40-50 million revenue estimates were a pipe dream, it turns out they are getting just that. The Dude said there was no way they would get close to that, and the estimates as of 2017 are about $40 million with BTN revenue continuing to climb the next five years. Greg then tweeted that even Northwestern would be getting more TV/rights money than West Virginia.

Suddenly, Chris emailed me yesterday saying he got wind from someone that Greg had made these comments and he pointed out it was untrue because it doesn't take into account WVU's IMG money. He had my email because we had communicated a few times, but who knows why now he suddenly got wind of these tweets. I said I wasn't really a part of the WVU revenue conversation so I didn't have much of an opinion, but I pointed out that a cursory glance at the USA Today finances database showed WVU as having less rights/licensing revenue than every Big Ten public institution except for Rutgers, who is still getting only a partial share in conference payouts.

This was not popular and did not sit well with him. He mentioned the USA Today data was not accurate because IMG revenue was listed for WVU in "other" revenue. Funny enough, the "other" revenue consisted only of $5 million and even adding the "other" revenue to rights/licensing, the point was still accurate that they made less in rights/licensing than every other Big Ten public school except Rutgers. Still, for some reason, he kept arguing it and told me I should look at the EADA database (which is completely separate).

I informed him that the annual disclosures made to USA Today were line item and I even provided the USA Today definition of their rights/licensing revenue, which included TV, Radio, Internet, e-commerce, marketing, sponsorship, royalties, trademarks, etc. Basically every licensing fee you can imagine was listed under their definition. He still refused to believe me. I pointed out that five years ago, I literally did a three month study on finances and performed open records requests on every single FBS institution to get bowl finances, and had hours and hours of email and phone conversations about this. I knew for a fact that USA Today's data was based on line item information (as submitted in their annual NCAA report) that was grouped into categories. He responded with a picture of sport-by-sport revenue data by West Virginia that was submitted to the NCAA as proof I was wrong (even though he conflated the EADA data with the NCAA annual revenue report). He told me I was "dense."

I figured out the problem eventually. He's confusing the NCAA reporting of "other" revenue, which includes line items of broadcasting revenue and royalties, sponsorship and licensing as sub-items, and because it's categorized as "other" revenue in the NCAA report, he assumes therefore the USA Today database also i including that revenue as "other." What he refuses to understand is that when the USA Today gathers this data, they specifically take those licensing/rights line items and group them with conference media payouts to put together a big category that can be compared across institutions on an apples-to-apples basis.

Honestly it's a silly debate. I don't even care if West Virginia makes more or less than those schools. It wasn't my debate to begin with. I was just pointing out a simple fact because I believe he was mistaken about it. Knowing USA Today's methodology and the way reports are submitted to the NCAA (because I did a three month project on the whole thing), I tried explaining that Greg's basis was correct. In any event, I'm still being told how 'wrong' I am. I should give back the money I earned on the freelance story. I must have done it incorrectly.
He 100% believes that he is the only truth in CR, and he does NOT take well to people telling him he's wrong (which I had no problem doing). He's a complete hack that twists everything to be pro WVU and anti-whateverhisagendais. He also strikes me as the kind of person that would take internet discussions in to real life to prove how right he is and how wrong you are. Total nut job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If UConn was making WVU money I wouldn't really sweat what Northwestern was making.

Reaction Score
CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 13h13 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @pfac51 @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush KU not in mix, it is UT & OU from what I heard. Then FSU & GT out of the ACC

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 13h13 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush ku Married to k-state

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 13h13 hours ago
@pfac51 @Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush cut the umbilical already

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 12h12 hours ago
@pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush KU is not happening, the add zero value as does most of the B12.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 11h11 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush BBALL THO

A Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 10h10 hours ago
@pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush KU & KSU hold zero value compared to UT, OU, FSU, GT, UNC, UVA.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 10h10 hours ago
@pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush BBALL value and FB Grand Slam. Controls sets nationally.

Spanshun_Curse ‏@Expansion_Crush 12h12 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi I think KU adds tons of value and they're AAU

@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi OU & UT in the western 9 & the east 9 is huge national demand w/FSU, UM, OSU, &

@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi Others.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 8h8 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi Are they looking at doing divisions only or future pods?

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 11h11 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi A league like this will impact national programming in an incredible way. WOW.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi If JD lands these 4 schools, what is TV deal worth? $4B?

Tom ‏@TommyNole 31m31 minutes ago
@sooner2016 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi there is absolutely zero evidence of this.

@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi Sorry but B1G will not take KU they are joined at the hip with KSU.

Spanshun_Curse ‏@Expansion_Crush 11h11 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi I think Kansas legislature has 2 want 1 of their 2 main schools in the P5 though

@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi My opinion based upon da word leaking who's being courted by JD & who's talking

@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi B12 & ACC remnents will merge for the new P-4 old P-5.

@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi possible but JD wants UVA & UNC. They have no choice but to follow FSU.

Spanshun_Curse ‏@Expansion_Crush 11h11 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi so FSU is a sure thing?

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 10h10 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi FSU & UT brings respective states. 50 million plus population.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 9h9 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @pfac51 @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush Bottom line the press conference is the tell tale fact in the end.

Spanshun_Curse ‏@Expansion_Crush 9h9 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @pfac51 @ScottPoi when is the presser? This year or closer to 2024?

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 9h9 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @pfac51 @ScottPoi When JD announces the presser. JD is the one in complete control.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 13h13 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @pfac51 @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush Curt, how long ago did you hear this?

@MurrDCU @OmegaSupreme914 @pfac51 @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush All I know is JD is working on a shock the CFB WORLD move. GOR's are beatable.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @pfac51 @ScottPoi @Expansion_Crush Confirmed. It is those 4 schools.

ssicalarson ‏@sooner2016 Jul 8
@Bluevodreal If Delany landed Oklahoma and Texas as #15 and #16, would Delany try to go to 18? I could see both sides of doing it and not.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 12h12 hours ago
@sooner2016 I think JD just might pull it off.

CE Murray Football ‏@HCBrianSmith 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @sooner2016 when 2020

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 7h7 hours ago
@HCBrianSmith @Bluevodreal whenever Jim Delany wants to announce it. He is the man in charge. Doubt it would be this year though.

CE Murray Football ‏@HCBrianSmith 7h7 hours ago
@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal no earlier than 2020 probably closer to 2024

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 10h10 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @sooner2016 awesome!!!

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 9h9 hours ago
@mcgoblue @Bluevodreal would be a blockbuster move that would separate the B1G from everyone else by hundreds of miles.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 9h9 hours ago
@sooner2016 @mcgoblue yes indeed.

@Bluevodreal @mcgoblue This would bring an additional 50 million people to the B1G brand. WOW!!!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal Jul 8
@sooner2016 yes if it makes sense. In goal is 20

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
I still believe the B12 will reach a final decision on expansion & announce their intention to add two.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ESPN lost almost 500k subs in just June.

That means FS1 and the BTN lost plenty as well.

The Big Ten is not expanding until someone figures out how to replace that revenue.

Reaction Score
OneBuc82 ‏@OneBuc82 6h6 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi no KU is not tied to KSU. They have made that very clear

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 5h5 hours ago
@OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi Regardless of any argument. KU has never come up >>>>

@OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi FSU, GT, 7VA, UNC, UT & OU has always been the goal. KU not mentioned

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 4h4 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi OU and FSU aren't in the AAU.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 2h2 hours ago
@pfac51 @OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU Dosen't matter, eyeballs 2 drive future decisions w/ basis to improve academics

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5m5 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU 14 presidents on board?

OneBuc82 ‏@OneBuc82 3h3 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi KU had a home the first time, they will be fine next round

rip Manfro ‏@pfac51 3h3 hours agoNorth Kansas City, MO
@OneBuc82 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi too bad not in the B1G

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 3h3 hours agoNorth Kansas City, MO
@OneBuc82 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi a lot of KU fans at work r concerned.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 3h3 hours ago
@pfac51 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 when PAC16 was looked at, Mizzou and KU had a landing spot in the Big East.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 3h3 hours ago
@MurrDCU @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 that's a lot of travel.

@pfac51 @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 2 divisions with 9 division games and 1 cross division game for 10 conf. games.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 6m6 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 ten is even.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 4h4 hours agoNorth Kansas City, MO
@OneBuc82 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi I'd love to see KU every year.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @sooner2016 whats your best guess on timetable for expansion announcement? This month/year? 2020? and how soon will teams join?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@randywatts7 @sooner2016 hard to tell but it would not make sense to get in 4 years down the road. They want the money train $$$$

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 3 to 5 years to become members is realistic IMO. Another year to close the deal, 2 to 4 years before they come.

@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal FSU GT OU and Texas still? Stop at 18?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@randywatts7 @sooner2016 that is the latest. 20 is end goal not sure they get there in next move.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 34m34 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @sooner2016 seems odd to have FSU/GT sitting that far away from the rest. Is this being reported anywhere?

@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 What matters the most is to have them become conference members before the next TV contract.

@sooner2016 @randywatts7 Language is already in it the contract that if they come aboard the deal goes up.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 Yep. Would be good to get this done in 3 years. Finish negotiations, offer goes out, 2 year notice. Would be ideal

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 2h2 hours ago
@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal what do you make of Bowlsby talking pushing expansion and OU saying no?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@randywatts7 @sooner2016 not sure what is truth or Headfake.

ME: There's that word again. :rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OneBuc82 ‏@OneBuc82 6h6 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi no KU is not tied to KSU. They have made that very clear

@OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi Regardless of any argument. KU has never come up >>>>

@OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi FSU, GT, 7VA, UNC, UT & OU has always been the goal. KU not mentioned

@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi OU and FSU aren't in the AAU.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU Dosen't matter, eyeballs 2 drive future decisions w/ basis to improve academics

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5m5 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU 14 presidents on board?

OneBuc82 ‏@OneBuc82 3h3 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi KU had a home the first time, they will be fine next round

rip Manfro ‏@pfac51 3h3 hours agoNorth Kansas City, MO
@OneBuc82 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi too bad not in the B1G

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 3h3 hours agoNorth Kansas City, MO
@OneBuc82 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi a lot of KU fans at work r concerned.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 3h3 hours ago
@pfac51 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 when PAC16 was looked at, Mizzou and KU had a landing spot in the Big East.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 3h3 hours ago
@MurrDCU @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 that's a lot of travel.

@pfac51 @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 2 divisions with 9 division games and 1 cross division game for 10 conf. games.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 6m6 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 ten is even.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 4h4 hours agoNorth Kansas City, MO
@OneBuc82 @Iamgrizzly1974 @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 @MurrDCU @ScottPoi I'd love to see KU every year.

@Bluevodreal @sooner2016 whats your best guess on timetable for expansion announcement? This month/year? 2020? and how soon will teams join?

@randywatts7 @sooner2016 hard to tell but it would not make sense to get in 4 years down the road. They want the money train $$$$

@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 3 to 5 years to become members is realistic IMO. Another year to close the deal, 2 to 4 years before they come.

@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal FSU GT OU and Texas still? Stop at 18?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@randywatts7 @sooner2016 that is the latest. 20 is end goal not sure they get there in next move.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 34m34 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @sooner2016 seems odd to have FSU/GT sitting that far away from the rest. Is this being reported anywhere?

@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 What matters the most is to have them become conference members before the next TV contract.

@sooner2016 @randywatts7 Language is already in it the contract that if they come aboard the deal goes up.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 Yep. Would be good to get this done in 3 years. Finish negotiations, offer goes out, 2 year notice. Would be ideal

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 2h2 hours ago
@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal what do you make of Bowlsby talking pushing expansion and OU saying no?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@randywatts7 @sooner2016 not sure what is truth or Headfake.

ME: There's that word again. :rolleyes:

This is like reposting conversations from the threads on this board.

Cable is losing 1.5 million subs a quarter. The cable providers have walked away from the Dodgers and Yankees.

Nobody is expanding. There are professional sports teams all over the country sitting on deals their partner networks have no chance to cover.

Watch the Clippers deal: Fox keeps lowering their offer. TWC is dying with the Dodgers. The Clippers threaten all kinds of nonsensical solutions that won't get them anywhere near the new offer $50 million a year offered by Fox.

When your games average 57k homes and someone offers you 60 million a year.... asking for 100 million might be the stupidest thing you could do.

57k homes in Los Angeles is 1%. On average 1 frigging percent of the LA TV homes watch the Clippers. And they thought it would make sense to turn down 60 million and ask for 100 million.

Hey Clippers if they pay you 0 and lose 0.25% of their subs they are still ahead of the deal they gave you.

Reaction Score
At some point the professional teams have to figure out that they can't squeeze blood out of a turnip and will have to go for exposure over money. A combination of broadcast and streaming may be the best they can hope for in the future. The Big Ten was smart to insist on Fox OTA and very little on FS1, if at all. The SEC on CBS will continue to be a steal for CBS. Same with NBC and Notre Dame.

Meanwhile...

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 6h6 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 14 presidents on board?

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 @MurrDCU JD wouldn't be talking if they were not.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5h5 hours agoKauffman Stadium
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 OU academics suspect.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 Recognize an athletic gain may miss on AAU. BUT academics can be improved.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5h5 hours agoKansas City, MO
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 I wanna see FSU at Iowa. Late November. In the snow.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 Only issue at most one x-over with 9 in division games.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 At this time does not matter. FSU missed it B4 due to president's snobery.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5h5 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 LOL.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 Realized what they lost. Every school may never receive a AAU invite.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5h5 hours agoKansas City, MO
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 academics number 1. Cultural fit. #2

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 Under those 2 only UT, UVA, GT fit. B1G to max. media must accept OU, UNC, FSU

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 4h4 hours agoKauffman Stadium
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 I don't want less games vs the East. Tho.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 If the B1G does go to16/18/20 IMHO the league will implement 4 pods of 5 ea.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 2h2 hours agoIndependence, MO
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 I'm ok with pods.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 Unfortunately something will give. Everyone will want UM, OSU, PSU, UT, NU, OU

@Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 I don't care if Iowa plays Texas.

@pfac51 @OneBuc82 More flexibility than divisions. But crossover games will be more limited.

Spanshun_Curse ‏@Expansion_Crush 2h2 hours ago
@sooner2016 @pfac51 @Iamgrizzly1974 @OneBuc82 They made it clear that divisions were the only acceptable option

@Expansion_Crush @sooner2016 @pfac51 @OneBuc82 Is so cross over games may be limited to 1 for a 10 game conf schd

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 6h6 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 ten is even.

@pfac51 18 will not work. Must be 16 or 20.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5h5 hours agoKauffman Stadium
@Iamgrizzly1974 what's wrong with 16?

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 4h4 hours ago
@pfac51 20 is where it is going. The BIG lost before to the SEC & ACC for name brand.

@Iamgrizzly1974 ?

@pfac51 Year end rivaries will be epic! UT vs OU, NU vs IOWA, UM vs OSU, PSU vs MSU, WISC vs ??

@Expansion_Crush @sooner2016 @pfac51 @OneBuc82 Actually 4 - 5 team divisions would work. The NFL model.

@Expansion_Crush @sooner2016 @pfac51 @OneBuc82 B1G never would not adopt a 12 game league schedule.

@Expansion_Crush @sooner2016 @pfac51 @OneBuc82 With 9 divisional conference games keeping 3 OOC games is the plan.

@Expansion_Crush @sooner2016 @pfac51 @OneBuc82 Why? A true conference champion. Cross overs could be OOC games.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @sooner2016 @OneBuc82 I'm for ten conf games.

@pfac51 @sooner2016 @OneBuc82 Apparently NCAA has capped it to 9 games.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 39m39 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @sooner2016 @OneBuc82 didn't know that.

@pfac51 @sooner2016 @OneBuc82 Can schedule as OCC games.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 2h2 hours ago
While #Sooners aren't AAU accredited, which would severely limit #B1G chances, Boren hopes to remedy that by #Big12 GOR ending in six years.

GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 2h2 hours ago
#Sooners in the #B1G would virtually kill their Texas recruiting though...just ask the #Huskers.

@posas13 @GSw aim B1G will settle for 70% AAU. UVA, UNC, UT, GT vs FSU, OU.30% non-AAU.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV Jul 6
Bowlsby's comments about a non-traditional conf clearly indicates BYU as an associate member in Football/Basketball.

Stuart Waugh ‏@sg2waugh 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV NCAA ByLaws do not support that. While standalone Football can be permanent or associate, Basketball must be a full member

@sg2waugh P5 can make their own rules.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21h21 hours ago
I still believe the B12 will reach a final decision on expansion & announce their intention to add two.

Dave Ruther ‏@daveruther 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV if this happens, given what CBS is reporting, you're a very smart dude!

@daveruther Standing by it.

Dave Ruther ‏@daveruther 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV hope you're right, but why would OKL AD come out with such strong denial if things still brewing?

@daveruther It all depends on what ESPN/Fox are willing to do with the contract.

@daveruther Bowlsby is pushing for a decision.

@daveruther who knows. Maybe he is out of the loop.

GREG SW AIM‏@GSw aim
While #Sooners aren't AAU accredited, which would severely limit #B1G chances, Boren hopes to remedy that by #Big12 GOR ending in six years.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 3h3 hours ago
Storrs South Retweeted GREG SWAIM

I don't think it's that simple; can't just take a magic wand and make it so

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@UConn6thBorough @GSwaim B12 about to extend TV contract & GoR. Nobody is leaving.

CHOP ‏@Ruknighttime 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @UConn6thBorough @GSwaim its going to be a long time in group of five for UConn.

Reaction Score
These big 10 fans live in a world where they think that getting the most money for tv contracts is actually winning football games. They have forgotten that the SEC has owned college football and for the most part kicked them around. Save for OSU and MSU, b10 fball has been pretty underwhelming the past 15 years. More scandals than big fball moments.

Reaction Score
CE Murray Football ‏@HCBrianSmith 19h19 hours ago
@Bluevodreal my sources say there will be no more expansion until 2024 at earliest & even then it's a reach

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@HCBrianSmith it may not happen this year but I bet the house it happens before 2024 to much $$$ to be ignored.

CE Murray Football ‏@HCBrianSmith 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal I don't think so I use to think that too but sources say they are done! Big 12 set the tone

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@HCBrianSmith we shall see somebody has not told FSU that because they are in active talks.

CE Murray Football ‏@HCBrianSmith 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal talks mean nothing

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@HCBrianSmith agree but will lawyers going over GOR and other contracts does.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 2h2 hours ago
@HCBrianSmith are you just trying to get bluevod to bite? ha. I'm increasingly skeptical of all this chatter by the day.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 2h2 hours ago
@HCBrianSmith @Bluevodreal if FSU was in active, senior-level talks with B1G it absolutely would mean a lot. It's been crickets from FSU.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-espn-close-tv-post.html… ACC July Meetings will be > >> positive and forward looking than B12 July meetings. @theDudeofWV will have a stroke

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV B12 has a PR firm that will be putting on the lovefest front starting today. It's all BS.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub TV contract & GoR will be extended.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I would be absolutely shocked if OU signed a GOR extension. Would be a horrible decision that would lead to a resignation

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV my bad. You must have been speaking about ACC GOR. I would still be shocked

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub No. Big 12.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 40m40 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV if that happens OU fans will demand David Boren and Joe C resign. Count on it. Would be an embarrassing misuse of leverage.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 35m35 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Texas would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 38m38 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub It's happening. Trading ESPN/Fox the pro rata increase for expansion to 14+

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Plus maybe ESPN/Fox want realignment over

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 34m34 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Plus they want ND. They have to gut the ACC to get ND.

@NebGradDubDub B1G will not take OU because of AAU & they believe it would shut the door on UT.

@NebGradDubDub B1G has always coveted ACC schools or Texas.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Not done yet but it it's close.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Cheaper for ESPN/Fox to add money in return for extension & exclusion of pro rata.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 36m36 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub For OU it's simple. B1G doesn't want them & they don't want SEC.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1m1 minute ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub lol....B1G vetted Oklahoma just three years ago for a soon to be move.

TCBnole ‏@TCBnole 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV ACC PR is trying to detract ACC fan bases about "the future" and web streaming vs revenue (there wont' be much).

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@TCBnole Not enough to justify the terms.

Reaction Score
These big 10 fans live in a world where they think that getting the most money for tv contracts is actually winning football games. They have forgotten that the SEC has owned college football and for the most part kicked them around. Save for OSU and MSU, b10 fball has been pretty underwhelming the past 15 years. More scandals than big fball moments.

Well... Technically it's only been 10 years since #1 tOSU played #2 Michigan. And it's only been a little over 6 months since:

Capture.JPG

And other conferences are doing their darnedest to keep up with the scandals.

Last edited:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Well... Technically it's only been 10 years since #1 tOSU played #2 Michigan. And it's only been a little over 6 months since:

View attachment 14399

And other conferences are doing their darnedest to keep up with the scandals.

BCS National Championships by school (1998–2013)
School Championships Seasons
Alabama 3 2009, 2011, 2012
Florida 2 2006, 2008
Florida State 2 1999, 2013
LSU 2 2003, 2007
Auburn 1 2010
Miami (FL) 1 2001
Ohio State 1 2002
Oklahoma 1 2000
Tennessee 1 1998
Texas 1 2005
USC 0* 2004*

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
BCS National Championships by school (1998–2013)
School Championships Seasons
Alabama 3 2009, 2011, 2012
Florida 2 2006, 2008
Florida State 2 1999, 2013
LSU 2 2003, 2007
Auburn 1 2010
Miami (FL) 1 2001
Ohio State 1 2002
Oklahoma 1 2000
Tennessee 1 1998
Texas 1 2005
USC 0* 2004*

Pretty convenient to leave out Ohio State in 2014.

But as all UConn fans do, you overvalue championships. Look at major bowl wins instead and see what you get. BCS or New Years day bowls from before the BCS. I have no doubt that the SEC is #1, but I think the B1G will show pretty well. Wisconsin and Michigan State have had some superb teams.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Pretty convenient to leave out Ohio State in 2014.

But as all UConn fans do, you overvalue championships. Look at major bowl wins instead and see what you get. BCS or New Years day bowls from before the BCS. I have no doubt that the SEC is #1, but I think the B1G will show pretty well. Wisconsin and Michigan State have had some superb teams.

The BIG is a great conference. No doubt.

But the SEC is at a different level. About the same difference between the BIG and AAC in basketball.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The BIG is a great conference. No doubt.

But the SEC is at a different level. About the same difference between the BIG and AAC in basketball.

That's silly. More like the B1G and Pac 12 in basketball. But nothing is static. Go back a little further and the SEC was certainly not dominant. The B1G has as many historic powers as any league. Penn State and Nebraska are just a good coach away from returning to glory. Michigan already hired theirs and is back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom