Non-Key Tweets | Page 555 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
what else do you do? it's the same when people that suggest uconn should join the ACC or BIG. Really?
as if the offer is there and Uconn is thinking about it...

schools like baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech aren't going anywhere and have zero leverage. If Texas/OU leave, they ride out the last of the P5 contract and hope they can replace those schools with something that will retain their P5 status (they would likely backfill with AAC teams or maybe Boise/BYU) with the lure of a P5 tag. It's a process we've seen somewhere before.. Eventually, that reconstituted Big12 becomes the top dog with a G6 label and the P5 playoff structure is re-written for the P4 conferences.

it's amazing how fluid this process is and how obvious the end game is.

Reaction Score
Many think that the end game is the evolving to a P4 league whose champs play it off.

One conference has to die....and it won't be the SEC, Big Ten, nor PAC 12.....as it was with with the ACC and the Big East, only one of the ACC and the Big 12 will survive in that scenario.

If that does happen, as GOR's expire....some programs would be dropped out...the question is...would others be added?

Reaction Score
Woody Stover ‏@FYOST 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal What is the current news on Big Ten expansion ... you have suggested the term news is better than rumor.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@FYOST active talks ongoing. FSU. Lawyers have given green light to ahead saying no teeth to GOR. Tv deals have expansion in them.

Woody Stover ‏@FYOST 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Thank you. Surprising. Among all schools you would think FSU would not be anywhere near the top of my list.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@FYOST well it is all about money and TV rev. FSU brings state of Florida. Tradition and old logic out the window now $$$$.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal @FYOST FSU has more modern era tradition than any school mentioned.

Woody Stover ‏@FYOST 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal ND - considering the BIG? Contacts at Carolina & Duke ... anything there - UVA? What about any Big 12 schools?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@FYOST Okl wants in Texas has been JD dream school and their is some new rumors about them. GT,UV,NC still talk. ND has gone quiet.

Woody Stover ‏@FYOST 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Again thanks. The switch from academic fit to $$ is interesting ... and I guess predictable. Again, thanks.

Woody Stover ‏@FYOST 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Is there a way to communicate in a less public setting?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@FYOST now you can pm

ME: I think Woody will come to regret making contact with Bluevod. ;)

Reaction Score
"TEXIT"

Is probably the most clever thing I've read from these guys in years.
That's actually not very original
I've been in political debates in my other persona on non sports boards over the possibility of TEXIT (as in succeeding from the US.)
That puts a whole new spin on CR if you need a visa to play Texas.

Reaction Score
I've been in political debates in my other persona on non sports boards over the possibility of TEXIT (as in succeeding from the US.)

Lol. Ok.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like it, especially when it is coupled with "OUt."

Reaction Score

Not sure how well the U.S. will succeed if we don't know the difference between succeed and secede.

Reaction Score
Sometimes fate has a different dictionary.....it thinks that to provide "succor" is something other than what it is supposed to be...

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
Fox & ESPN set up B1G's new contracts to dissuade expansion.

the commish ‏@anygivencommish 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV ; how exactly

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 2h2 hours ago
@anygivencommish @theDudeofWV he wishes.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@sooner2016 @anygivencommish no means of adding money.

the commish ‏@anygivencommish 53m53 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @sooner2016 ; but the B1G deals are short term and end prior to the end other GoRs; that's when expansion is anticipated

Reaction Score
Any Tweets about the alleged ACC Network? Doesn't ESPN have to announce its creation by the end of the month? We're getting pretty close.

Reaction Score
Spoiler Alert.

There isn't going to be an ACC network.

Sure there will be. Of course by network I mean a link on ESPN's Home page that takes you to a gif of Jordan's 83 Game winner playing on a continuous loop. Any time a new user visits the site every ACC School is awarded a virtual pat on the back from John Swofford and up to as many as 3 Skittles.

Reaction Score
Sure there will be. Of course by network I mean a link on ESPN's Home page that takes you to a gif of Jordan's 83 Game winner playing on a continuous loop. Any time a new user visits the site every ACC School is awarded a virtual pat on the back from John Swofford and up to as many as 3 Skittles.
Wait! Are implying there will be an unequal distribution of Skittles?!?!?

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM ‏@GSwa im 11h11 hours ago
Ironically the reason Boren backed off of strong expansion stance is that #Sooners will go to #SEC, and #UT to #B1G, when GOR and #LHN end.

Aaron ‏@posas13 8h8 hours ago
@GSw aim @OmegaSupreme914 makes 100 pct sense. Boren's crusade died quietly and quickly. @Expansion_Crush

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 8h8 hours ago
@posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush TX and OK aren't going to split up. Especially not with TX going to the B1G.

Aaron ‏@posas13 8h8 hours ago
@sooner2016 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush sure they will for the right payday.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 8h8 hours ago
@posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush no they won't. The Red River Rivalry meas everything for those two schools.

Michigan Recruiting ‏@MichOpinion 7h7 hours ago
@sooner2016 @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush they could still play the red river in diff conferences. look fl and fsu clem and sc

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 7h7 hours ago
@MichOpinion @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush they want that game protected. It is protected by being in a conference together

@sooner2016 @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush it can be protected out of the conference though as well..

@MichOpinion @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush OOC games are not protected.

@sooner2016 @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush then how do sc and clemson, and fsu and fl play every year? Because they value them.

@MichOpinion @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush I can give plenty of games killed because they are not in same conference

@MichOpinion @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush TX and Ok do not want a divorce. They want to stay together. RRR means everything

@sooner2016 @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush I'd imagine an extra 10 mil a year might change that. I could be wrong.

Allan Hunter ‏@HunterBooth33 4h4 hours ago
@sooner2016 @MichOpinion Oklahoma and Texas played each other for decades every year before they were n conference together

TCBnole ‏@TCBnole 11h11 hours ago
@GSw aim Is that a serious prediction?

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 10h10 hours ago
@TCBnole @GSw aim he is just throwing sh it against the wall and hoping it sticks. TX with OK to the B1G per source on landthieves

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 6h6 hours ago
@GSw aim AAU is NOT a requirement. OK and TX want to remain together. Info was leaked on Landthieves. OK, Tech, TX, KS to B1G TOGETHER

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 4h4 hours ago
@GSw aim Greg, OU doesn't have the support to go to the SEC from AD or admin at this point. They prefer the B10. Fans, SEC. Coaches B12

BIG XII CHAMPION ‏@GreggHamlin 4h4 hours ago
@GSw aim Big XII conf. openly said having championship game in 2017.Logic says two additions are coming. Decision's made. BYU CINCY R coming

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 4h4 hours ago
@GreggHamlin @GSw aim my god the B12 is about to look like the Big East in 1999

BIG XII CHAMPION ‏@GreggHamlin 4h4 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @GSw aim Nebraska Big XII glory days are long gone for you Doug. Most likely to stay that way.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 3h3 hours ago
@GreggHamlin @NebGradDubDub @GSw aim Tech, Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma to B1G before next B1G TV contract. Within 5 years.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 3h3 hours ago
@sooner2016 @GreggHamlin @GSwaim they have a "tech" problem.....,
1f609.png

ME: Nothing to break the mid-summer monotony like a Greg Sw aim tweet that attracted the lunatic moths to the fire. :D

Reaction Score
This just in (per Twitter)...

FSU, KU and OK to B1G

Tom Stephens ‏@MVGus Jul 2@Bluevodreal
Any reliable chatter about Kansas or Mizzou this time around? Are ACC school still in play? I love realignment buzz in July!

@MVGus @Bluevodreal
80% chance of KU and OK to B1G w/in 5 yrs per PSU insider Buafflo Lion (user handle). Gotta get Texas though.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal Jul 3@sooner2016 @MVGus
I have never heard KU before. Why 5 years? GOR? I do not see GOR stopping anyone. waiting is foolish...

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 Jul 3@Bluevodreal @MVGus
For the next TV contract.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal Jul 3
Need Texas though to make the bigger dollars for the next TV contract.

@sooner2016 @MVGus
language is already built in current if they join it goes up. no need to wait. waiting could miss the boat.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 Jul 3@Bluevodreal
Is Florida State still possible?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal Jul 3@NathanBrice3000
very most likely of all to go.

James Frederick ‏@dos_eggies 20h20 hours ago@Bluevodreal @NathanBrice3000
already have the ok from the B1G. FSU lawyers gave the ok to leave.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 16h16 hours ago@dos_eggies @Bluevodreal @NathanBrice3000
Nebraska's new chancellor worked at TX Tech in the 80's and 90's. Keep that in mind. TX,TTH,KS,OK

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal@sooner2016 @dos_eggies @NathanBrice3000
I could buy tech if Texas demands it but still have not heard anything about KU.

Last edited:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Oh the craziness has begun again. I will say this, though. There are a couple of posters over at Landtheives that say they have connections (and there are those that back those statements) that say OU, KU, UT, and TTU are in the beginning stages of working out a deal. Not that I believe them, and quite a few over there are more than skeptical as well.

Do I believe OU and KU to the Big10? No, but it is one of the more realistic scenarios out there. Boren wants OU to move up in the academic world and what better way than to be part of the organization formally known as the CiC. Allowing OU students to take grad classes at Big10'Universities is a huge bonus. So is access to their libraries. Kansas is already AAU (a low member, but still AAU) and Oklahoma is a tier 1 Carnegie Research school.

Throw in the rumor that one of the reasons that Chicago left the CiC is they didn't want any students from a non AAU school taking grad classes there, it is one of the more plausible rumors we have had in quite awhile.

Reaction Score
Oh the craziness has begun again. I will say this, though. There are a couple of posters over at Landtheives that say they have connections (and there are those that back those statements) that say OU, KU, UT, and TTU are in the beginning stages of working out a deal. Not that I believe them, and quite a few over there are more than skeptical as well.

Do I believe OU and KU to the Big10? No, but it is one of the more realistic scenarios out there. Boren wants OU to move up in the academic world and what better way than to be part of the organization formally known as the CiC. Allowing OU students to take grad classes at Big10'Universities is a huge bonus. So is access to their libraries. Kansas is already AAU (a low member, but still AAU) and Oklahoma is a tier 1 Carnegie Research school.

Throw in the rumor that one of the reasons that Chicago left the CiC is they didn't want any students from a non AAU school taking grad classes there, it is one of the more plausible rumors we have had in quite awhile.

Its easy to make anything sound plausible if you spin it the right way. I'm just not sure I'm ready to get on board with the UT/TT/OU/ KU Scenario currently being put forth on Land Thieves.

Texas, despite the potential monetary gain, brings A LOT of baggage with them. Texas Tech and OU will most definitely get the side eye from the likes of Michigan and Wisconsin. KU? AAU Membership is a plus, but they have a small market with some overlap, and poor football. I honestly don't see how or why they carry more value than a school like UCONN that is there for the taking with minimal red tape.

If they want to make a real splash, why not wait until the end of The ACC's GOR and offer the majority of The ACC's AAU Members in one shot? Now or never UVA, UNC, Duke & GT. 5th spot is open for Notre Dame. They can even pick the 6th school from a list of previously vetted candidates. If they refuse, you can look west at a Mizzouri/Kansas combo, Kansas/UCONN, UCONN/Cuse, UCONN/BC or whatever. There is a lot to like about owning the entire Midwest from Nebraska to Ohio and the entire East Coast from New England to Atlanta.

Reaction Score
If Texas Tech gets into the B1G, I will:

1. eat all of my shoes
2. stop following collegiate sports altogether

Dooley, you know it's going to happen now! I like reading your posts. Oh well. Hate to see you go.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do I believe UConn and KU to the Big10? No, but it is one of the more realistic scenarios out there. Hebst wants UConn to move up in the academic world and what better way than to be part of the organization formally known as the CiC. Allowing UConn students to take grad classes at Big10'Universities is a huge bonus. So is access to their libraries. Kansas is already AAU (a low member, but still AAU) and Connecticut is a tier 1 Carnegie Research school.

FIFY

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There's is no flipping way Texas Tech is ever in the Big 10.

All of this is such crap. As Whaler, Fishy and others have pointed out, only UT in the B12 can carry its water (ie generate enough revenue) under any future B10 expansion based on the latest media deals with ESPN and FOX. The rest of them including Kansas and OU won't be able to cut it unless the B1G adopts a long term two tier revenue model for their conference which seems unlikely. For this reason alone, there are only a handful of realistic B1G adds: UT, UNC, UVA, FSU and maybe GT.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How great would it be if Buffalo Lion was Upstater.

Nebraska's chancellor worked at Texas Tech decades ago? Stop the presses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom