Non-Key Tweets | Page 554 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Michael ‏@micjame 16h16 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @UCONNfan14 I think B12 already decided to hold CC game with 10 members.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 4h4 hours ago
@micjame @Bluevodreal I wanted to see if he realized that but he hasn't...just like he hasn't figured the ACC GoR is real and lasts to 2027

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@UCONNfan14 @micjame several schools belief no teeth based on no ACCN. FSU lawyers have cleared the way to challenge.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Have you been accurate with your predictions about conference realignment over time or mostly inaccurate?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 11m11 minutes ago
@UCONNfan14 every time
1f603.png

ME: He must pulling our chains here!

Bluevod is correct, he was right again. The Big Ten agreed to a deal with NBC, not ESPN. He strikes again!

ND, Texas, Oklahoma, GT, FSU and Virginia to the Big Ten. He guaranteed it.

Reaction Score
alex bricker ‏@abrick75 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal ESPN decided to get back in play

@abrick75 last second bomb shell. They had no choice but to do it.

@Bluevodreal does this mean ESPN is totally done with ACC? surely they won't want to pay more to build the ACC network

@abrick75 I can see no way they support ACCN now. I think July 1st is the deadline.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 4h4 hours ago
Matthew D Carlson Retweeted SBJ/SBD

@Bluevodreal Is this a good deal for the BIG10?

@mcgoblue yes pull the rug under NBC at the last minute.

Wow ESPN pulled it out at the last minute on NBC. They had no choice really. Huge Deal...

T Milla ‏@TMGOBLUE 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal wonder if that has ANY bearing on ND coming over.....

@TMGOBLUE not sure but was told the digital media part was the clincher.

John Hanson ‏@johnhanson05 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal how does this effect expansion, ACC GOR etc?

@johnhanson05 means ESPN thought BIG10 was huge and there is only so much money to spend. no ACCN means no GOR forceable.

Told digital media part was the deal clincher. I guess some language on going direct through apps if needed to avoid loss of cable cutters.

Hanes ‏@ahanes1 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal SportsBusiness Daily article said NBC's bid was nowhere close? As for expansion, means ESPN has less to put toward a ACC netwrk

@ahanes1 NBC had the best package at the last hour until ESPN came in and so JD was serious and trumped it. Digital media the key to deal.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 ESPN is the big dog and critical to marketing/recruiting. No way was Delany going to go elsewhere w/o huge $ delta

@TommyNole @ahanes1 No weather you like him or hate him he played this perfect. He knew in the end he wanted/needed ESPN but for $$$.

@TommyNole @ahanes1 NBC info may have been a Headfake to get ESPN attention. I think he did. :)

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1m1 minute ago
@Bluevodreal @TommyNole @ahanes1 It is funny how ESPN suddenly found money.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 2m2 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @TommyNole @ahanes1 NBC info was real. Delany told ESPN to pay up by end of last week or he would sign with NBC.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 yeah but it's $50M/year less that what FS paid. Granted a slightly bigger piece of the pie but that's 20% less $$$

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@TommyNole @ahanes1 there is more to it.. We will have to see the whole deal.

@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 yeah perhaps. just doesnt add up to some epic payout for all 14 schools (once they're all vested) plus B1G admin

@TommyNole @ahanes1 we will need to see the digital portion of the deal. but roughly 500mil per year total which is 35.7 Mill per school.

@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 10-4 thanks.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 1h1 hour ago
@TommyNole @Bluevodreal @ahanes1 I have heard this morning when everything added together it could be 50 mil a year per team. Is this close?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@randywatts7 @TommyNole @ahanes1 I have heard 36.7 mill to 50. Need to see the actual deal and the digital media portion of it.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal seems you got this one right my friend now I believe in ya you seem to be right all along! Is b12 no network a head fake?

@UCONNfan14 I just don't see anyone investing in networks for conf when they have their own channels. To big of a gamble.

@Bluevodreal is acc going to still be a power conference with these supposed moves?

@Bluevodreal quick one now that this is out what is the next domino to fall? Will we have multiple AAC teams back filling the acc?

@UCONNfan14 Noe is when the moves begin if they do. Still hear FSU is the first to move.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal would this be a shock to conferences with these moves? Do you still think it could be a back fill of 5-6 acc teams? November?

@Bluevodreal Do you think the P5 status stays with ACC with these moves? I think it still does

@UCONNfan14 yes but will be the weak link. This deal with ESPN should put a fok in the ACCN.

Terry Dunlevy ‏@TerryDunlevy 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal You nailed that prediction. When does ND sign with the Big Ten since NBC got those rights?

@TerryDunlevy ND still in play. ESPN was brought back to the table at last minute and no choice but to do it. Now let the fun begin no ACCN.

Terry Dunlevy ‏@TerryDunlevy 12m12 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal ND is not in play for the Big Ten.

@TerryDunlevy NBC. Was leading but may have been a huge Headfake to get ESPN to drop. My source at ESPN a week ago thought it was gone.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 7m7 minutes ago
@TerryDunlevy @Bluevodreal ESPN was told to up their bid by the end last week or B1G signs with NBC. Funny how ESPN suddenly found $$$

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 1h1 hour ago
Omega Supreme Retweeted Bluevod

ESPN was never going to pass on the B1G, couldn't afford to.

@OmegaSupreme914 agree they had to have it. But my contact their thought they lost it a week ago. ? Now was NBC a Headfake.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
Once again sorry guys. Between moving into a new home and all the outages associated with last weeks storm I've been swamped.

I swear I will get you guys an update soon. Patience. #ExpansionsNotDead

ME: Once again the "insiders" were dead wrong and MH ver3 had a "little emergency". :D

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did Uconnfan14 really tell bluevod he was right when he was completely wrong?

Years and years of message board NBC 'rumors' and people still believe them. Ha

Reaction Score
@Bluevodreal ESPN decided to get back in play

@abrick75 last second bomb shell. They had no choice but to do it.

@Bluevodreal does this mean ESPN is totally done with ACC? surely they won't want to pay more to build the ACC network

@abrick75 I can see no way they support ACCN now. I think July 1st is the deadline.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 4h4 hours ago
Matthew D Carlson Retweeted SBJ/SBD

@Bluevodreal Is this a good deal for the BIG10?

@mcgoblue yes pull the rug under NBC at the last minute.

Wow ESPN pulled it out at the last minute on NBC. They had no choice really. Huge Deal...

T Milla ‏@TMGOBLUE 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal wonder if that has ANY bearing on ND coming over.....

@TMGOBLUE not sure but was told the digital media part was the clincher.

John Hanson ‏@johnhanson05 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal how does this effect expansion, ACC GOR etc?

@johnhanson05 means ESPN thought BIG10 was huge and there is only so much money to spend. no ACCN means no GOR forceable.

Told digital media part was the deal clincher. I guess some language on going direct through apps if needed to avoid loss of cable cutters.

Hanes ‏@ahanes1 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal SportsBusiness Daily article said NBC's bid was nowhere close? As for expansion, means ESPN has less to put toward a ACC netwrk

@ahanes1 NBC had the best package at the last hour until ESPN came in and so JD was serious and trumped it. Digital media the key to deal.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 ESPN is the big dog and critical to marketing/recruiting. No way was Delany going to go elsewhere w/o huge $ delta

@TommyNole @ahanes1 No weather you like him or hate him he played this perfect. He knew in the end he wanted/needed ESPN but for $$$.

@TommyNole @ahanes1 NBC info may have been a Headfake to get ESPN attention. I think he did. :)

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1m1 minute ago
@Bluevodreal @TommyNole @ahanes1 It is funny how ESPN suddenly found money.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 2m2 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @TommyNole @ahanes1 NBC info was real. Delany told ESPN to pay up by end of last week or he would sign with NBC.

@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 yeah but it's $50M/year less that what FS paid. Granted a slightly bigger piece of the pie but that's 20% less $$$

@TommyNole @ahanes1 there is more to it.. We will have to see the whole deal.

@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 yeah perhaps. just doesnt add up to some epic payout for all 14 schools (once they're all vested) plus B1G admin

@TommyNole @ahanes1 we will need to see the digital portion of the deal. but roughly 500mil per year total which is 35.7 Mill per school.

@Bluevodreal @ahanes1 10-4 thanks.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 1h1 hour ago
@TommyNole @Bluevodreal @ahanes1 I have heard this morning when everything added together it could be 50 mil a year per team. Is this close?

@randywatts7 @TommyNole @ahanes1 I have heard 36.7 mill to 50. Need to see the actual deal and the digital media portion of it.

@Bluevodreal seems you got this one right my friend now I believe in ya you seem to be right all along! Is b12 no network a head fake?

@UCONNfan14 I just don't see anyone investing in networks for conf when they have their own channels. To big of a gamble.

@Bluevodreal is acc going to still be a power conference with these supposed moves?

@Bluevodreal quick one now that this is out what is the next domino to fall? Will we have multiple AAC teams back filling the acc?

@UCONNfan14 Noe is when the moves begin if they do. Still hear FSU is the first to move.

@Bluevodreal would this be a shock to conferences with these moves? Do you still think it could be a back fill of 5-6 acc teams? November?

@Bluevodreal Do you think the P5 status stays with ACC with these moves? I think it still does

@UCONNfan14 yes but will be the weak link. This deal with ESPN should put a fok in the ACCN.

Terry Dunlevy ‏@TerryDunlevy 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal You nailed that prediction. When does ND sign with the Big Ten since NBC got those rights?

@TerryDunlevy ND still in play. ESPN was brought back to the table at last minute and no choice but to do it. Now let the fun begin no ACCN.

Terry Dunlevy ‏@TerryDunlevy 12m12 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal ND is not in play for the Big Ten.

@TerryDunlevy NBC. Was leading but may have been a huge Headfake to get ESPN to drop. My source at ESPN a week ago thought it was gone.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 7m7 minutes ago
@TerryDunlevy @Bluevodreal ESPN was told to up their bid by the end last week or B1G signs with NBC. Funny how ESPN suddenly found $$$

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 1h1 hour ago
Omega Supreme Retweeted Bluevod

ESPN was never going to pass on the B1G, couldn't afford to.

@OmegaSupreme914 agree they had to have it. But my contact their thought they lost it a week ago. ? Now was NBC a Headfake.

Once again sorry guys. Between moving into a new home and all the outages associated with last weeks storm I've been swamped.

I swear I will get you guys an update soon. Patience. #ExpansionsNotDead

ME: Once again the "insiders" were dead wrong and MH ver3 had a "little emergency". :D

Lots of "headfakes" in Bluevod's tweets. Damn, they get in the way of him being right, though.

Reaction Score
SBJ/SBD ‏@sbjsbd 7h7 hours ago
ESPN will buy the second half of the Big Ten’s media rights package, ending months of speculation. Read more: http://sbjsbd.biz/1Y3t2ip

Aaron ‏@posas13 6h6 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 $190m. How much does ESPN have tied up w/ sec?

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 6h6 hours ago
@posas13 @sbjsbd @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 I don't know. Figure 15M/yr/team for the SECN plus T1

@posas13 @sbjsbd @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 So, after all the ado, the Big Ten and SEC will be virtually making the same money

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 6h6 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @posas13 @sbjsbd @flugempire so now comes the fallout (ACC/Big 12)

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd @flugempire and pac.

@posas13 @Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd @flugempire you are right

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @posas13 @Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd Deal was hammered out June 7/8. What happened to Dude/Dodds story on B12 holding cards?

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/06/20/Media/ESPN-Big-Ten.aspx… Month ago BTM told us deal would come in at 440 mil...we tweeted itout. FOX 240 mil ESPN 190 mil CBS 10 mil 440

Big Ten TV revenue per school at beginning stages of new contract will hit low 30's. Not including BTN or other Conf payouts(bowl-BB Tourny)

evin Brower ‏@kevinbro1898 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire you can rt your own tweet to prove it

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

@kevinbro1898 https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/723530612263395328… BTM got the 440 mil nailed to the wall. But thought it would even split.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/723530612263395328… April 22nd BTM stated deal would be 440 mil in total. June 20th we learn officially total deal at 440 mil.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire what is a total estimated payout with BTN and everything? About $51 million per team in 2017?

@sooner2016 Yeah...maybe a touch more. BTN will give about 9 mil...add 12-14 for Bowls and Conf payouts.

Michael ‏@micjame 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire What's your per-school total payout projection? Ballpark estimate, of course.

@micjame Low 50's..and it of course does not include each schools $ it gets on own 3rd tier non tv contracts (non BTN $)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
ESPN to pay $50M less a year than Fox for 1/2 B1G rights.

@theDudeofWV they also get the second, fourth etc pick of games. And they don't get the conference championship game

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 5h5 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV Title game is worth 30 million a year alone.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush So is the Big 12's...except its not counted in the revenue yet & proceeds split only 10 ways.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush sorry, apparently it's 40 million. Curious to see if the deal escalates like SEC/B12

@NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush I'm told not.... no escalators for expansion either...which should kill a few rumors.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush no need to have them for expansion due to contract length. Just wondered of the overall payout increases

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush key point to all of this: B10 didn't have to sign longterm deals to get its money like everyone else did.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush also, no one knows what the BTN distribution is. The profit sharing is totally separate. Easy to assume......

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush that the 2017 B10 payout should be around 42-45 million

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 4h4 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush B1G will be richest next year, easily. B1G/SEC absolutely pulling away from the others.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Big Ten Conf payouts will be about 42-45 mil..correct. Add 9 mil on BTN = low 50's.

@flugempire @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush that's with BTN

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Yes..with BTN.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Compare it to WVU tier 3(tv only portion) 2 mil + 30 mil on all other Conf payouts = 33-34mil

Charles Broce ‏@RealMrBroce 4h4 hours agoHuntington, WV
@flugempire @NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush lol guy. Meanwhile our radio rights were on the top end of the market

@RealMrBroce @flugempire @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush radio rights

Hanes ‏@ahanes1 54m54 minutes ago
@flugempire nice call. lots of other "insider" info missed badly on this. Any thoughts as to its effect on expansion?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago
@ahanes1 No impact for now. But come in 2022/23 there will be blood. It's not just the money...it's the massive exposure

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 12m12 minutes ago
@ahanes1 Example: FOX will for the most part (not always) give B10 top games the best slots vs B12... It will become disturbing to OU..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago
The best part of deal Delany got B10 media deal is limited 6 years..got ESPN to go along. It indicates ESPN will play ball in B1G EXP 2024.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
Big 10 holds cat-bird-seat in next realignment/expansion after current GOR's run out. 6 year media deal was important to Delany..he got it

The total deal will pay $30.7M per B1G member.

I was right.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
LOL... over reaction. B1G far short of the 45M tv deal fanboys were touting.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 50m50 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @SeanboSengo Where are the people claiming B1G would get $45M from its primary TV deal?

Reaction Score
SBJ/SBD ‏@sbjsbd 7h7 hours ago
ESPN will buy the second half of the Big Ten’s media rights package, ending months of speculation. Read more: http://sbjsbd.biz/1Y3t2ip

@Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 $190m. How much does ESPN have tied up w/ sec?

@posas13 @sbjsbd @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 I don't know. Figure 15M/yr/team for the SECN plus T1

@posas13 @sbjsbd @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 So, after all the ado, the Big Ten and SEC will be virtually making the same money

@Expansion_Crush @posas13 @sbjsbd @flugempire so now comes the fallout (ACC/Big 12)

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd @flugempire and pac.

@posas13 @Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd @flugempire you are right

@OmegaSupreme914 @posas13 @Expansion_Crush @sbjsbd Deal was hammered out June 7/8. What happened to Dude/Dodds story on B12 holding cards?

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/06/20/Media/ESPN-Big-Ten.aspx… Month ago BTM told us deal would come in at 440 mil...we tweeted itout. FOX 240 mil ESPN 190 mil CBS 10 mil 440

Big Ten TV revenue per school at beginning stages of new contract will hit low 30's. Not including BTN or other Conf payouts(bowl-BB Tourny)

evin Brower ‏@kevinbro1898 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire you can rt your own tweet to prove it

@kevinbro1898 https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/723530612263395328… BTM got the 440 mil nailed to the wall. But thought it would even split.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/723530612263395328… April 22nd BTM stated deal would be 440 mil in total. June 20th we learn officially total deal at 440 mil.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire what is a total estimated payout with BTN and everything? About $51 million per team in 2017?

@sooner2016 Yeah...maybe a touch more. BTN will give about 9 mil...add 12-14 for Bowls and Conf payouts.

Michael ‏@micjame 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire What's your per-school total payout projection? Ballpark estimate, of course.

@micjame Low 50's..and it of course does not include each schools $ it gets on own 3rd tier non tv contracts (non BTN $)

ESPN to pay $50M less a year than Fox for 1/2 B1G rights.

@theDudeofWV they also get the second, fourth etc pick of games. And they don't get the conference championship game

@Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV Title game is worth 30 million a year alone.

@NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush So is the Big 12's...except its not counted in the revenue yet & proceeds split only 10 ways.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush sorry, apparently it's 40 million. Curious to see if the deal escalates like SEC/B12

@NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush I'm told not.... no escalators for expansion either...which should kill a few rumors.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush no need to have them for expansion due to contract length. Just wondered of the overall payout increases

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush key point to all of this: B10 didn't have to sign longterm deals to get its money like everyone else did.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush also, no one knows what the BTN distribution is. The profit sharing is totally separate. Easy to assume.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush that the 2017 B10 payout should be around 42-45 million

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 4h4 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush B1G will be richest next year, easily. B1G/SEC absolutely pulling away from the others.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Big Ten Conf payouts will be about 42-45 mil..correct. Add 9 mil on BTN = low 50's.

@flugempire @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush that's with BTN

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Yes..with BTN.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Compare it to WVU tier 3(tv only portion) 2 mil + 30 mil on all other Conf payouts = 33-34mil

Charles Broce ‏@RealMrBroce 4h4 hours agoHuntington, WV
@flugempire @NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush lol guy. Meanwhile our radio rights were on the top end of the market

@RealMrBroce @flugempire @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush radio rights

Hanes ‏@ahanes1 54m54 minutes ago
@flugempire nice call. lots of other "insider" info missed badly on this. Any thoughts as to its effect on expansion?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago
@ahanes1 No impact for now. But come in 2022/23 there will be blood. It's not just the money...it's the massive exposure

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 12m12 minutes ago
@ahanes1 Example: FOX will for the most part (not always) give B10 top games the best slots vs B12... It will become disturbing to OU..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago
The best part of deal Delany got B10 media deal is limited 6 years..got ESPN to go along. It indicates ESPN will play ball in B1G EXP 2024.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
Big 10 holds cat-bird-seat in next realignment/expansion after current GOR's run out. 6 year media deal was important to Delany..he got it

The total deal will pay $30.7M per B1G member.

I was right.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
LOL... over reaction. B1G far short of the 45M tv deal fanboys were touting.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 50m50 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @SeanboSengo Where are the people claiming B1G would get $45M from its primary TV deal?

Didn't Flugaur (all 4 of them) say last week his/their Twitter account was going to stop with expansion and TV stuff and just concentrate on University of Minnesota stuff?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Didn't Flugaur (all 4 of them) say last week his/their Twitter account was going to stop with expansion and TV stuff and just concentrate on University of Minnesota stuff?
Expansion is like the least satisfying crack ever. Its proponents and customers get literally nothing from it, but can't give it up.

Reaction Score
Bluevod is correct, he was right again. The Big Ten agreed to a deal with NBC, not ESPN. He strikes again!

ND, Texas, Oklahoma, GT, FSU and Virginia to the Big Ten. He guaranteed it.

No worries. ND still in play.
51583456.jpg

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Yeah but how could they let an opportunity to crow about something they actually got right pass? BTM my ...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Yeah but how could they let an opportunity to crow about something they actually got right pass? BTM my ...

Reaction Score
J
ohn OurandVerified account
‏@Ourand_SBJ

Huge Big Ten News in SBJ this morning: ESPN will share media rights with Fox through 2022-23. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/06/20/Media/ESPN-Big-Ten.aspx…

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 11h11 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted John Ourand

Total avg value per year for Big Ten rights with Fox, ESPN and CBS (hoops) is $440 million *without* BTN.

OKA The Chent‏@TheChent
Hey @frankthetank111, isn’t it time that the NCAA changed the (monumentally dumb) FBS and FCS names (since they’re both FCS now)?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 10h10 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted OKA The Chent

NCAA should have never changed them in the first place. Division I-A and I-AA were logical. Almost as bad as "tronc"

Kevin Noon‏@Kevin_Noon
@frankthetank111 How about Division 1-Leaders and Division 1-Legends?

Frank the Tank Retweeted Kevin Noon

NCAA would love it. This group tried to tell us that the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament was actually the 2nd round

ICYMI: New Big Ten deals for $440 million per year (avg) on Fox, ESPN and CBS (hoops). Doesn't include BTN revenue.

Benjamin King‏@BenjaminDKing
@frankthetank111 @Ourand_SBJ is this really that huge of a deal it pays each member about 31 million a year?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 9h9 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Benjamin King

No, far from it. It might have reached close to that for ALL conference revenue (TV, bowls, NCAA Tourney, etc.)

Big Ten deal is JUST for the top tier TV contracts. BTN, bowls, NCAA Tourney and everything else is on top of that.

YES. It's massive. Remember that BTN isn't even included. Laps all other power conferences (including the SEC).

Benjamin King ‏@BenjaminDKing 9h9 hours ago
@frankthetank111 @Ourand_SBJ maybe I am looking at the $ differently but didn't the Big 12 just pay out a similar amount?

Nate Olsen ‏@coach_olsen 9h9 hours ago
@BenjaminDKing @frankthetank111 @Ourand_SBJ you don't understand.. The BTN will pay $10+M on top of the $31M Fox and ESPN are paying.

Benjamin King‏@BenjaminDKing
@coach_olsen @frankthetank111 @Ourand_SBJ but that is still less then UT makes with 15 mil from LHN and 30 mil from Big12, right?

Will need to see final figures, but Northwestern and Rutgers will likely make more than Texas even with LHN money.

Andrew Wamugi‏@AndrewWamugi
@frankthetank111 so how many days until Big Ten expansion rumors?

Frank the Tank Retweeted Andrew Wamugi

We'll see, although flip side is monetizing expansion is harder. Beyond Texas and Notre Dame, who brings in enough?

Frank the Tank Retweeted Andrew Wamugi

Schools like Oklahoma and Kansas might be more motivated to seek out Big Ten, but now bar is set even higher for B1G

the commish‏@anygivencommish
@frankthetank111 @AndrewWamugi ; we to the point where best way to further monetize expansion is to kill off a P5 conference?

Frank the Tank Retweeted the commish

Well, if OU and KU were to leave the Big 12, then Texas would also likely leave and the Big 12 would effectively die

Matt Sarzyniak‏@mattsarz
@frankthetank111 Start w/page 16. I'm not sure if/when Texas gets to $15 million https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byz6Uzwv3AiuM2I3NjAzNGItOGFiMS00ZWZlLTkxYTAtZTMzMjhiMDJmYzY0/view…

Frank the Tank Retweeted Matt Sarzyniak

From my calculations using the 3% escalator clause, Texas would get to $15 million in 2022.

Corneilus Green‏@CGreen63
@frankthetank111 Will ESPN still show the Big Ten Tournament or does Fox get that?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 5h5 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Corneilus Green

Unclear about those details. CBS has semifinals and final, so my pure guess is that ESPN/Fox/BTN will split the rest

The Truth ‏@mb2133 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire As a fan, do you hope they stop at 14 to play more B1G traditional teams or do you not mind Minnesota playing KU/OU in the West

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 43m43 minutes ago
@mb2133 I would love if KU/OU were added in 2024.

Reaction Score
Rumors heating up on Texas and OU to BIG10

James Henderson ‏@jameslee2019 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal why would they expand after the TV deal is done.

@jameslee2019 tv deal comes first there is language that deal increase based on new members. Same thing happened with MD and Rutgers.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal How soon will Texas and Oklahoma join the B1G?

@sooner2016 not sure but a Texas site is now reporting it as well.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal link please

CE Murray Football ‏@HCBrianSmith 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal @sooner2016 what site is reporting

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 45m45 minutes ago
@HCBrianSmith @sooner2016 I think it was 247

Erich Keithly ‏@ekeithly_1 7m7 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @HCBrianSmith @sooner2016 They weren't reporting anything new. Only what we all already know. One of these days the B12 dies...

Dave R. ‏@CT_Goonie 41m41 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal What do you get from just making stuff up all the time? I don't get it.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 40m40 minutes ago
@CT_Goonie $1

Dave R. ‏@CT_Goonie 26m26 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal now I understand. I'd make stuff up too for that kind of dough.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 21h21 hours ago
Rumors heating up on Texas and OU to BIG10.〽️

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16h16 hours ago
@Bluevodreal
Well....I see your off your B10 invasion of ACC.
B12 GOR makes it impossible for OU/UT to go to Big Ten before 2024/25.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@flugempire not according to their lawyers〽️

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13h13 hours ago
@Bluevodreal
Lawyers don't take the risk...they take the $.
Universities would need to take risk....and they won't without B12 implosion

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Bluevodreal
UT/OU will not challenge B12 GOR alone or together
Need another 3 spots for 3 more B12 schools to start causing implosion

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 13h13 hours ago
@flugempire they have no fear of GOR. It is laughable all this nonsense of GOR.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13h13 hours ago
@Bluevodreal
No, GOR's are not laughable. Your tweets about FSU and other ACC schools being taken by Delany before 2025 are laughable.

@flugempire oh my See ya..〽️

Expansion I report what I hear from inside contacts that may or may not happen it is not opinion it is fluid movement.〽️

Aaron ‏@posas13 · 12h12 hours ago
@Bluevodreal That's a darn good prediction....may happen...may not.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@posas13 not making predictions just stating facts on ongoing talks. Even those involved don't know the outcome. It's deal making...

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 · 11h11 hours ago
@Bluevodreal How many teams could the Big Ten get?

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@NathanBrice3000 2 to 6

Reaction Score
Expansion I report what I hear from inside contacts that may or may not happen it is not opinion it is fluid movement.〽️

Finally this dope has given himself the proverbial out on all of the garbage he spews.

FSU, ND, Texas, and UNC to The B1G by July, I mean November, never mind the situation is fluid. :rolleyes:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Finally this dope has given himself the proverbial out on all of the garbage he spews.

FSU, ND, Texas, and UNC to The B1G by July, I mean November, never mind the situation is fluid. :rolleyes:
This just isn't happening. The B12 is going to ride its generous tv contract to the end and during those final years then UT will find its parachute to either the B1G, PAC or as an independent. Regardless, I think what we learned from the B12 meetings is that those in the B12 are best served to ride their current contract out including UT.

Reaction Score
This just isn't happening. The B12 is going to ride its generous tv contract to the end and during those final years then UT will find its parachute to either the B1G, PAC or as an independent. Regardless, I think what we learned from the B12 meetings is that those in the B12 are best served to ride their current contract out including UT.

I can't argue with any of this. The Big 12's contract is ridiculously overvalued as it's currently configured. All Big 12 schools, including OU to a certain extent, fall in line with whatever Texas wants. They know that Texas is the conference, and for 8 of them their P5 fortunes are tied to keeping Bevo fat and happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom