Non-Key Tweets | Page 553 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
[URL='https://twitter.com/JohnCassillo'][URL='https://twitter.com/JohnCassillo']John Cassillo‏@JohnCassillo
Conversation about West Virginia-to-ACC makes sense if you ignore academics, Notre Dame's preference, TV markets:
[/URL]
Mark Ennis
‏@MarkEnnis[/URL]
Mark Ennis Retweeted John Cassillo

I'm in the minority here, but, if Notre Dame joined and you needed a 16th, WVU would be awesome.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 5h5 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Mark Ennis

I'll reiterate that each league wants ND to join *their* league, NOT *a* league. B1G/SEC want nothing with ND in ACC

The biggest myth in realignment is that conferences want to "push" ND out of independence. Why would B1G/SEC want ACC competitor to get ND?

Big Ten and SEC would rather have Notre Dame be an independent forever over joining ACC for football. No reason to "push" ND anywhere.

Mark Ennis ‏@MarkEnnis 5h5 hours ago
@frankthetank111 but the ACC is in the at bird seat bc Notre Dame is contractually bound to them if they opt to join a league.

Agreed. That's why the narrative that other conferences are supposedly tired of ND's special treatment make no sense

Any argument based on "If ND joins the ACC for football" is the realignment equivalent of saying "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle".

Mark Ennis ‏@MarkEnnis 5h5 hours ago
@frankthetank111 Notre Dame isn't going to join any other league. But they're not joining the ACC either.

Agreed. I deal with Domers everyday. Independence as a core school identity principle is beyond what most understand

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I don't think the SEC cares about what conference ND joins. I think the B1G does.

Reaction Score
I don't think the SEC cares about what conference ND joins. I think the B1G does.

You don't think the SEC cares if a conference that geographically overlaps it becomes stronger? Why in the world wouldn't they care?

Reaction Score
You don't think the SEC cares if a conference that geographically overlaps it becomes stronger? Why in the world wouldn't they care?
If you own a Lamborghini do you really care if your neighbor gets a new Range Rover?

Reaction Score
The Big Ten won't geographically overlap the SEC.....especially by adding a program like Notre Dame that is 34 miles from Lake Michigan.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten won't geographically overlap the SEC.....especially by adding a program like Notre Dame that is 34 miles from Lake Michigan.

He's talking about the ACC.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

I think they know that they would still be the best football conference no matter which conference ND would join. I believe the SEC is that arrogant regarding it's football prowess.

Reaction Score
Michael ‏@micjame 16h16 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @UCONNfan14 I think B12 already decided to hold CC game with 10 members.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 4h4 hours ago
@micjame @Bluevodreal I wanted to see if he realized that but he hasn't...just like he hasn't figured the ACC GoR is real and lasts to 2027

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@UCONNfan14 @micjame several schools belief no teeth based on no ACCN. FSU lawyers have cleared the way to challenge.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Have you been accurate with your predictions about conference realignment over time or mostly inaccurate?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 11m11 minutes ago
@UCONNfan14 every time
1f603.png

ME: He must pulling our chains here!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Hey...if a guy thinks "ACC" and types "SEC"...what can I say...thank you?

You still aren't getting it. The SEC does care because ND is currently linked to ACC...and ACC overlaps geographically with SEC. That help?

Reaction Score
Not in this case. The SEC could care less what ND does.

It might,but only if or to the extent that ND joining the ACC might strengthen or stabilize it enough (not saying it would) to resist any SEC attempt to raid the ACC.

Reaction Score
It might,but only if or to the extent that ND joining the ACC might strengthen or stabilize it enough (not saying it would) to resist any SEC attempt to raid the ACC.
Spoken like a true Domer. The SEC can and will do whatever it wants. I don't think they will lose sleep if UNC stays in the ACC because of NDs inclusion.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the P5 doesn't care about ND. If they did they would force them to join a conference because all they are now is a potentially attractive opponent and a potential playoff bid stealer.

Then again, no one has ever accused college administrators of being with the times. If the P5 members were smart they would force ND'S hand, unless they all hope the P5 eventually becomes the P4.

Reaction Score
Spoken like a true Domer. The SEC can and will do whatever it wants. I don't think they will lose sleep if UNC stays in the ACC because of NDs inclusion.

Did you miss all of the qualifiers I put in my statement?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is there a need for this thread anymore? Expansion is over, and all this thread does is provide a forum for non-UConn trolls to dance on our grave.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While we remain in this non-key conf there will always be non-key tweets of interest. The passion may wain from time to time, but the fire will never go out. And that is because we will always be hunting for the tiniest non-key tweet to keep the fire going.

For instance, another car wash weekend is here! Oh Boy.

Reaction Score
While we remain in this non-key conf there will always be non-key tweets of interest. The passion may wain from time to time, but the fire will never go out. And that is because we will always be hunting for the tiniest non-key tweet to keep the fire going.

For instance, another car wash weekend is here! Oh Boy.
Athlete94 said next week to the car wash

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom