Non-Key Tweets | Page 594 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
52-88-08‏@SnookRockChalk
52-88-08 Retweeted John Ourand

Can't argue w/ the networks. Legit concern w/ former CUSA teams being rumored. Big12 stronger adding UCONN & BYU.

----------------

People keep missing something when they state BYU for football only. F/O doesn't get the B12 the TV contract bump. They need all in.

So BYU has to be all in if admitted.

This is why a 2 team expansion could settle on UConn and Cincy--if indeed the Texas schools can figure out how to sidestep Houston.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its going to be a crazy August. More twists and turns on the roller coaster ahead for sure.

If this is a real story (why doesn't a national writer have this scoop?), then it seems pretty clear (between the lines), big TV wants the B12 to die in 2026 so we have just four power conferences. They want UT/OU and perhaps Kansas to get the golden parachute to get away from the B12 dwarfs

ESPN and Fox Angry With Big 12 Expansion

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
  1. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 29m29 minutes ago
    When @GoBEARCATS plays its first B12 game at Nippert, @PrezOno needs to deliver the game ball. His vision and hard work got us there.

2 retweets9 likes

2. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 35m35 minutes ago
    B12 stopping at 12 also gives Texas an out with the politicians pushing for UH.They can say they gave it their all, but league stopped at 12

2 retweets1 like

3. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 1h1 hour ago
    I know UC got invite. I'm betting BYU did as well. this news from Fox/ESPN is trying to keep b12 from adding 2 more. That's my guess,tactics

1 retweet1 like

4. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 2h2 hours ago
    I find it comical that ESPN is in "lawsuit" mindset. If anyone should sue, it's UC. Sue ESPN and Pitt for colluding to beak up BE. Non issue

1 retweet5 likes

5. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 3h3 hours ago
    Update: outside and independently of who I spoke to yesterday; was told this am that UC has in fact been invited to B12 officially.

14 retweets17 likes

6. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 16h16 hours ago
    I very rarely post info. it is my understanding that UC officials agrd to a deal w b12 over weekend. Take/leave it. It's what I was told.

23 retweets28 likes

7. E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 17h17 hours ago
    Very interesting wording here. (by Aresco) Stay at 10, or could go back to 12. Does he know the number of teams the AAC is losing
CL82: If the last post is correct and ACC is losing only two members, then the 3rd post can't be. It would mean two from the AAC (no BYU.) Under a two from the ACC scenario, I think UConn/UC is the logical pair.

Why can't it be? The other two could be Houston/Memphis and Colorado St. Then only two are AAC schools.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This tells me that BTM is a hoax. If he was plugged in, he would have known about Fox/ESPN balking because Fox/ESPN would not have gone public with out even broaching it privately with the Big 12.

I do not doubt that he has someone in the business that knows something. That is one guy that knows what he knows. He doesn't know what everyone else knows. This isn't Flug's fault.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why can't it be? The other two could be Houston/Memphis and Colorado St. Then only two are AAC schools.

The circumstances under which Aresco got the message that his conference would be raided may no longer exist.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that one plane has been to Austin, Houston, Provo, Hartford and headed towards Providence in a period of a few days all coinciding with what Fluguar said if nothing else is a fascinating coincidence.

Reaction Score
I don't think ESPN is going to get out of expansion that easily.

Outside of UT and OU, the other Big 12 members must realize that expansion is the way to provide some stability to the conference past 2024. It's not just a money grab for them.

But even if this is totally a money grab, unless ESPN is going to pay just as much money to the Big 12 to get them to not expand as they would've if they had expanded, why not expand? Take the money they're contractually obligated to give you. Why should they get a discount?
ESPN could offer a network in lieu of expansion that might have some say.
But ESPN timing of the ACCN announcement right on the heals of rejecting the B12
is suspicious at best or very ,very stupid .
I'm going with suspicious , if the Media gets a AACN type deal with a two team expansion ,with a long term GOR. Guess who won .

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that one plane has been to Austin, Houston, Provo, Hartford and headed towards Providence in a period of a few days all coinciding with what Fluguar said if nothing else is a fascinating coincidence.

Strangely, it hasn't been to Cincy and the AAC was doing the car wash at ESPN today. Doesn't mean UConn is involved at all.

Reaction Score
Directly. Houston to Provo to Austin to Hartford to Providence. No in-between stops. All over this past weekend.

That CAN'T be a coincidence. Those cities are so random.

Reaction Score
This tells me that BTM is a hoax. If he was plugged in, he would have known about Fox/ESPN balking because Fox/ESPN would not have gone public with out even broaching it privately with the Big 12.

Yes Flugempire's BTM is fake...not real.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom