Non-Key Tweets | Page 595 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So a plane currently being used by the Houston football team was in Austin and Provo the past few days.

Interesting.

Reaction Score
TCU Source: Big 12 Expansion Is Complicated at Best

Cincinnati, UCONN, and Houston are the leaders in the clubhouse. In fact, my source intimated that Cincinnati was #1 on most lists, but that didn't make it a slam dunk. Who is the 12th? There is a strong push to avoid any more regional abnormalities, i.e. teams that are conference members but are on an island when compared to the rest of the conference's geographic footprint. So, the addition of BYU would have to be accompanied by Colorado State or Boise State, as an example.

The opportunity to add football-only members adds intrigue and complication to the debate as well. The Big 12 could opt to add two members and be a 12-member conference, with one or two football only members in addition. This option, which would likely see Cincinnati and Houston added as the 11th and 12th full-time members, would open a lane for BYU and Boise State to be added for Football only. This solves several problems: It increases the overall value and size of the conference, adding strong TV inventory across all sports, while adding a few compelling TV match-ups in football as well. Boise State at Texas, OU at BYU, as an example.

But, when it is all said and done, my source believes that simplicity is likely to win out. While some of the bigger solutions may look sexy, the likelihood that eight Big 12 Presidents agree on all the components of a big move is unlikely. As it stands today, Cincinnati is likely the easy 11th member while the debate over the 12th member will center around UCONN and Houston. My source believed, despite reservations, that Houston would win out. Also: "I wouldn't be surprised to see UCONN find a home in a power 5 conference before the Big 12's process is concluded."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So a plane currently being used by the Houston football team was in Austin and Provo the past few days.

Interesting.

UH has already tweeted out that it is a plane owned by a donor and they're being allowed to use it. Since it also went to Provo, clearly Houston and BYU have been conducting some business together.

Reaction Score

Interesting.

Further, the plane is owned by MSH Royal, LLC, aka Maintenance Supply Headquarters, which is based in Sugarland and is owned by a guy named Richard Penick - and they mentioned Rusty Penick on the Herman tweet. Richard Penick is a UofH grad, so looks like a booster is allowing use of their private corporate jet to bounce around to some very important spots regarding alignment, perhaps lobbying.

if you look at MSH they don't do business in Utah/Provo, so quite interesting

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
UH has already tweeted out that it is a plane owned by a donor and they're being allowed to use it. Since it also went to Provo, clearly Houston and BYU have been conducting some business together.
So why isn't this an impermissable benefit under the NCAA? Does the Houston booster allow all students to ride on the plane?

Someone drop a dime to NCAA while there is still time.

Reaction Score
Coach Tom Herman Retweeted

#HTownTakeover ‏@UHCougarFB 22h22 hours ago

#HTownTakeover trip begins: ✈️ ➡️ Bristol, CT / ESPN ➡️ ✈️ ➡️ Newport, RI / @American_FB Media Days ➡️ ✈️ ➡️ H-Town

Coach Tom Herman Retweeted
American Football ‏@American_FB 2h2 hours ago
.@CoachTomHerman on the set for College Football Live which will air at 1:30pm ET/ 12:30pm CT
CoyZTwNWIAAMwgZ.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that one plane has been to Austin, Houston, Provo, Hartford and headed towards Providence in a period of a few days all coinciding with what Fluguar said if nothing else is a fascinating coincidence.
BYU is joining the American?Head bang

Reaction Score
So why isn't this an impermissable benefit under the NCAA? Does the Houston booster allow all students to ride on the plane?

Someone drop a dime to NCAA while there is still time.

Sarcasm, right?

Reaction Score
Well that's interesting.

Would not put my faith in that only. We been screwed over so many times, I would rather for us to take the first lifeboat out. Hopefully, B12 is smart and add us instead of Houston. Then again, B12 is not known to make any right decisions. This waiting is just driving everyone nuts.

Reaction Score
Further, the plane is owned by MSH Royal, LLC, aka Maintenance Supply Headquarters, which is based in Sugarland and is owned by a guy named Richard Penick - and they mentioned Rusty Penick on the Herman tweet. Richard Penick is a UofH grad, so looks like a booster is allowing use of their private corporate jet to bounce around to some very important spots regarding alignment, perhaps lobbying.

if you look at MSH they don't do business in Utah/Provo, so quite interesting
And again, all of these flights originated with the plane leaving Houston, going to Teterboro, then going to Westchester, and then going back down to Houston with a diverted stop in Chattanooga (which is 300+ miles from Memphis).

Reaction Score
Would not put my faith in that only. We been screwed over so many times, I would rather for us to take the first lifeboat out. Hopefully, B12 is smart and add us instead of Houston. Then again, B12 is not known to make any right decisions. This waiting is just driving everyone nuts.

No kidding.

What's interesting is the implication that UConn would have another P5 invite before the Big 12 process concludes, which is in the coming days or weeks. That's a pretty specific timeline.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
And again, all of these flights originated with the plane leaving Houston, going to Teterboro, then going to Westchester, and then going back down to Houston with a diverted stop in Chattanooga (which is 300+ miles from Memphis).
We're screwed.

Reaction Score
Somewhat but the first question is legitimate. Why isn't this an impermissable benefit?
I'm as far from an expert on what is or isn't permissible as the NCAA is from making logical decisions on violations of their rules, but I would think it's permissible based on the fact it's an official/university related event.

The students aren't being flown home to visit family and friends, they are being flown to an official function as representatives of the University.

I think the NCAA wouldn't care how the school arranged for them to get there. Just like they wouldn't care if UConn chose to fly the entire team to a game at Buffalo rather than make the 7 hour drive.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Okay.

So that plane went from....

Houston to Austin.
Austin to Provo.
Provo to Houston.
Houston to New Jersey.
New Jersey to Westchester County.
Westchester County to Tennessee (diverted) and then back to Houston.
Houston back to Provo.
Provo to Austin.

And then it somehow ends up in Houston without showing the flight on Flightaware?

Houston to Hartford. (For the ESPN carwash, no doubt.)
Hartford to Rhode Island. (AAC media day.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom