Non-Key Tweets | Page 596 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Yup. I questioned him on that and UConn specifically and he just repeated it. I'll take that as OU still perceives UConn to be in.

Wait. He said "nothing has changed" as plainly as can be, and you then decided to ask him if anything had changed?

Reaction Score
Yup. I questioned him on that and UConn specifically and he just repeated it. I'll take that as OU still perceives UConn to be in.

well, at least Flug is doubling down and not hedging his bets.

that's something, I guess

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Official Site of The American Athletic Conference - 2016 Football Media Days

fyi for tomorrow
  • Tuedsay August 2
  • 9 a.m. ET - Mike Aresco - WATCH LIVE
  • 9:45-10:30 a.m. ET - WATCH LIVE
    West Division Coaches - (Tom Herman-Houston, Mike Norvell-Memphis, Ken Niumatalolo-Navy, Chad Morris-SMU, Willie Fritz-Tulane, and Philip Montgomery-Tulsa)
  • 11-11:45 a.m. ET - WATCH LIVE
    East Division Coaches - (Scott Frost-UCF, Bob Diaco-UConn, Tommy Tuberville-Cincinnati, Scottie Montgomery-East Carolina, Willie Taggart-USF, Matt Rhule-Temple)
  • Noon - 2 p.m. ET - WATCH LIVE
    ESPN3 Coverage of #AmericanKickoff

Reaction Score
You guys do know that all bets are off as far as our tweeting horde goes. They will all claim they had it right until the networks changed everything. They just got a free pass on all previous "sourced" info.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There's no percentage in waffling days before an announcement. He'll stick with his guns and be shocked by last minute changes that were not anticipated by the OU connection of his Big Ten connection.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What're the odds Aresco is asked more questions about another conference, the BXII, than about his own conference tomorrow at 9am?

Reaction Score
Aresco was just on TIC with Joe D and Gresh. He sure is a good cheerleader...we all have lots of friends in other conferences...no hard feelings,,,,went over what our conference has accomplished....how we were thrown together unlike other conferences with long history...will talk about the elephant in the room to kick things off tomorrow....no need to ignore it....we have all worked together in the past including talks about who we might add in the future....change is commonplace....this is what we do....

Reaction Score
I understand your point Kyle but we've experienced the stank of being in a G5 conference for just a few years and already the talking heads treat us like we're a mid-major. If you've got a signed contract that has us going to the B1G, or even the ACC, within a few years, then by all means I'm fine with waiting. If not, well...

People who wait for a nicer lifeboat don't have a long life expectancy.

I completely understand your frustration and I'm not saying your concerns are unfounded. However, is the Big 12 really a lifeboat if they want UConn or others to take barely more than they're making no in order to be members? That doesn't really help, does it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I completely understand your frustration and I'm not saying your concerns are unfounded. However, is the Big 12 really a lifeboat if they want UConn or others to take barely more than they're making no in order to be members? That doesn't really help, does it?

It does and it doesn't.

We simply cannot exist being a member of the AAC and trying to sell tickets to events that involve things like Tulsa and East Carolina.

The longer you stay in a situation like the one we're in, the more it drags and the worse it gets.

Right now, you have a front row seat to the destruction of one of the most successful athletic departments over the past twenty years.

Reaction Score
It does and it doesn't.

We simply cannot exist being a member of the AAC and trying to sell tickets to events that involve things like Tulsa and East Carolina.

The longer you stay in a situation like the one we're in, the more it drags and the worse it gets.

Right now, you have a front row seat to the destruction of one of the most successful athletic departments over the past twenty years.
Exactly

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We are on a tiny raft that does not float very well. We'll gladly hop about that Carnival Cruise line of a conf even if it has the norovirus on board rather than wait for the QEII. Our raft maybe sunk by then.

Reaction Score
This tells me that BTM is a hoax. If he was plugged in, he would have known about Fox/ESPN balking because Fox/ESPN would not have gone public with out even broaching it privately with the Big 12.

I could have sworn that he mentioned ESPN/Fox being unhappy the other day. Re-check his old tweets. I'm almost certain he said it.

Reaction Score

How many people do you think turn down a lifeboat when their ship is sinking because they're aware of the lifeboat's flaws?

Reaction Score
BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 4h4 hours ago
#byu is in. It was done a week ago. TV wants a bigger say in which other teams big12 adds . #byu awaiting #big12 permission to announce.

Reaction Score
How many people do you think turn down a lifeboat when their ship is sinking because they're aware of the lifeboat's flaws?

To me, it just seems like jumping off a ship half submerged to one that's sprung a leak and also starting to take significant water.

I'm not saying you don't stay afloat as long as you can, but I'm saying if I know the other boat is going down too, I just rather hope a full on rescue is on the way and it gets there in time. I don't think this leaky raft is the rescue UConn is looking for....especially if it's true about the Big 12 looking for these schools to accept at or barely above what they're earning now.

It seems OU/UT, etc. are just using these schools for a short term payday until they go on to greener pastures.

Reaction Score
It's not just the money, its the image. Somehow the "top" conferences got the media to buy in on this gigantic imaginary line in the sand between P5 and the G5 et al. If you're on the wrong side of the line by circumstances mostly out of your control there's little to none you can do to convince people you belong based on objective data. All the while teams that were on the right side of the line because of things that happened in the 30s can be rewarded greatly despite languishing in the real world according to that same data.

And if the Big12 sinks while we're in it, at least we are on the right side of the line now

Reaction Score
BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 4h4 hours ago
#byu is in. It was done a week ago. TV wants a bigger say in which other teams big12 adds . #byu awaiting #big12 permission to announce.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

Can you guys imagine if we could just get back to worrying about what's going on on the court/field? God, that would be incredible.

Reaction Score
It's not just the money, its the image. Somehow the "top" conferences got the media to buy in on this gigantic imaginary line in the sand between P5 and G5 and the rest. If you're on the wrong side of the line by circumstances mostly out of your control there's little to none you can do to convince people you belong based on objective data. All the while teams that were on the right side of the line because of things that happened in the 30s can be rewarded greatly despite languishing in the real world according to that same data.

I would completely agree with you if not for the idea that the Big 12 might be asking you to take paycuts in order to join. If the Big 12 allows these new members to become whole in a few years and make the same amount as everyone else, I agree with that entirely. However, if they are planning to use these teams so that a select few can bolt for the Big Ten/Pac-12/SEC/ACC in a few years, it will just make these American schools look like G5 who were 'fortunate' enough to sit at the kids' table for a short time.

I think UConn belongs in the ACC, personally. I think they'd be a great fit for the Big Ten. I see this expansion by the Big 12 as a short term money grab by a select few schools who are going to bolt when the Grant of Rights expires, and these contrived relationships from all over the country won't ever make it seem or feel like a real power conference to the general public. It won't feel like it to me. All the other conferences expanded organically. This won't feel natural IMHO.

Reaction Score
To me, it just seems like jumping off a ship half submerged to one that's sprung a leak and also starting to take significant water.

I'm not saying you don't stay afloat as long as you can, but I'm saying if I know the other boat is going down too, I just rather hope a full on rescue is on the way and it gets there in time. I don't think this leaky raft is the rescue UConn is looking for....especially if it's true about the Big 12 looking for these schools to accept at or barely above what they're earning now.

It seems OU/UT, etc. are just using these schools for a short term payday until they go on to greener pastures.

I really hope you are not responsible for anyone else's life but your own.

Reaction Score
I would completely agree with you if not for the idea that the Big 12 might be asking you to take paycuts in order to join. If the Big 12 allows these new members to become whole in a few years and make the same amount as everyone else, I agree with that entirely. However, if they are planning to use these teams so that a select few can bolt for the Big Ten/Pac-12/SEC/ACC in a few years, it will just make these American schools look like G5 who were 'fortunate' enough to sit at the kids' table for a short time.

I think UConn belongs in the ACC, personally. I think they'd be a great fit for the Big Ten. I see this expansion by the Big 12 as a short term money grab by a select few schools who are going to bolt when the Grant of Rights expires, and these contrived relationships from all over the country won't ever make it seem or feel like a real power conference to the general public. It won't feel like it to me. All the other conferences expanded organically. This won't feel natural IMHO.

I can't decide which part of this is the wrongest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom