Non-Key Tweets | Page 492 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Let's say some of this realignment magic happens. If BC & Syracuse get relagated to a leftover conference, could the B1G miss the opportunity to plant their flag and be the premier conference visiting New England. Considering the whole region, their are plenty of prospective student & athletes. Maybe too many to be ignored. Does nobody see us as a gateway to NE? I've found all this latest realignment talk frustrating. If it plays out like the mooshiners suggest, we're even further isolated and even more desparate for a lifeline.

Reaction Score
Let's say some of this realignment magic happens. If BC & Syracuse get relagated to a leftover conference, could the B1G miss the opportunity to plant their flag and be the premier conference visiting New England. Considering the whole region, their are plenty of prospective student & athletes. Maybe too many to be ignored. Does nobody see us as a gateway to NE? I've found all this latest realignment talk frustrating. If it plays out like the mooshiners suggest, we're even further isolated and even more desparate for a lifeline.

IMHO UConn is truly at the bottom rung of the conference ladder now so any change can only be a positive.

Think of it this way....would UConn rather be in the American Conference, as the most valuable program in a low value conference without any regional rivalries, making 2 million a year or be in a northeast-centric conference with schools like BC, Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Cincinnati, Louisville etc while making around $20 million a year? The BIG/SEC/PAC can't take everyone and the leftovers would be much valuable and in line with UConn than most of the current AAC members.

The dream is the BIG but status quo is the nightmare. Right now UConn is living the nightmare. Maybe the BIG moves to lock up the NE or maybe the BIG decides to by pass it entirely. Either way, conference movement is our friend. And yes, if we miss on the next re-alignment, we will be emotionally double crushed. But, no matter how any future realignment shakes out, UConn cannot end up worse than it currently is in the AAC.

Now we just need realignment to begin again. The conference money disparity increases that happening.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest has to be very very nervous right now. And, also any non-football powers. BC, Syracuse, Pitt, very nervous. The nightmare for these schools is that the left-outs are all weak in basketball.

Clemson, Miami, VT, NC State might band together with the B12 left behinds. What incentive do they have to add northeast basketball? I don't see why.

The Frankenstein Conference will need a TV deal to make money. Many of the teams will be in areas that are overlaid by the SEC and B1G, as a result they will be second fiddle in much of their own footprint. Adding UConn, BC and Syracuse gives them a unique footprint in New England and also gets them exposure in NY.

Reaction Score
Depends on what you mean by left out. If the ACC and Big 12 collapse the only landing spots for Clemson are the B1G, SEC, Pac-12 and the 'Misfit Toys' conference.
The SEC already has South Carolina, not sure they would add another SC team.
I don't think the Pac-12 is an option.
I don't see Clemson in the B1G.
That leaves the Misfit Toys. That may not be where Clemson wants to be, but it might be an upgrade from the current ACC, depending on who else ends up there.

You have a point, if you can explain to me why both the ACC and the Big 12 collapse. I see no reason for the ACC to go away. If it does, the teams left would join the Big 12 or AAC and create another rather formidable conference. And, the networks still need content. Those Misfit Toys would form a nice conference with a large footprint and solid fan bases.

Reaction Score
Greg S w aim ‏@G S wa im · 37m37 minutes ago
Can't blame #UT for taking #LHN offer from ESPN...anyone would. But unless converting it to #Big12 Network soon, the conference is dead!!

Greg S wa im ‏@G S wa im · 34m34 minutes ago
#Big12 baseball example of how Olympic sports getting killed by lack of TV coverage, compared to other conferences Weak as it's ever been.

Greg S wa im ‏@G S wa im · 33m33 minutes ago
#UT should still get lions share of revenue until #LHN ends. but that is the main sticking point, and not sure it can be overcome.

Greg S wa im ‏@G S wa im · 22m22 minutes ago
I suppose the rest of the #Big12 teans can thank their lucky stars that #UT is so bad in most sports now...much less leverage for them.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
Big12 your on the clock. Tic Tock

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal realignment clock? 1 or 2 teams leaving?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@mcgoblue Blood in the water they need to pounce.

Joe Byrd ‏@JAByrd2000 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal OU on its way out unless they act?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@JAByrd2000 it looked like it awhile ago but looks like Big 12 is going to hang on and become the Hunter with Big10. Things can always chang

Joe Byrd ‏@JAByrd2000 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal smart move by both conferences. Can essentially kill the ACC and avoid any litigation.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @JAByrd2000 if the ACC schools go to the B1G, then the Big 12 will take the rest of the ACC schools.

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 1h1 hour ago
@Genetics56 @Bluevodreal @JAByrd2000 Hearing B12 takes Clemson & Miami. ACC backfills with AAC teams

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@BrewDog44 @Genetics56 @JAByrd2000 sounds about right. Still hear UVA NC GT FSU. to bigten with ND in play.

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 55m55 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @JAByrd2000 ACC might backfill with UCONN, UC, UCF, USF, ECU and Memphis or Houston

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal so you think B12 goes first to add or be added? I'm late to your feed so I'm sorry I don't k ow you're assumptions.

@Bluevodreal but no ACCN and GOR breach go together I assume.

@TheFrogCastTCU yes ESPN said No and no other is willing to hard to make money. So GOR is toast.ACC tried to get them to sign new GOR no go.

@TheFrogCastTCU I think Big 12 is on the hunt.

@Bluevodreal on the hunt for ACC. Good to hear

Jared Rummel ‏@JaredRummel 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal why is nobody else talking about this?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@JaredRummel They are starting to now.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
Getting some more rumors that could be a completely different shift for both B12 and ACC-could even affect SEC. Stay tuned.

ME: the cray-cray being turned up a notch...as if that was possible. :D

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No one in a P5 conference needs to be worried.

We're like people in a burning building worrying about the neighbors because their house might be made of wood.

They're fine in every reality that hasn't been spun in West Virginia.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No one in a P5 conference needs to be worried.

We're like people in a burning building worrying about the neighbors because their house might be made of wood.

They're fine in every reality that hasn't been spun in West Virginia.
Mmm, disagree. Everyone not in the B1G or the SEC just became a second class citizen. They may be fine relative to us, just as the guy with the worst house in town "is fine" relative to a homeless guy.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Shoot me if we get in the ACC and bring ECU with us. Sweet Jesus.
I has the same thought. If UNC, GTECH, Miami, FSU, Clemson, UVA all leave the ACC and they just backfill with basically everyone from the AAC it will be the same dumpster fire just new initials. Lol!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 42m42 minutes ago

Reported Big Ten-Fox media rights deal could hurt Big 12

You wil now find RC COLA (Big 12) in aisle FS2...which you will find Big 12 Product next to bug spray & Mouse traps

The Pac 12 spurned Texas. Not the other way around. That is important, because Texas is down to one chair in this game, the ACC, which is also on a sinking ship.

Reaction Score
If this was the World Series of poker, Texas started the night with the most chips and just finished ninth

I'm not sure how you see that. Eventually SEC and B1G teams may make more off of their television rights, but for the time being Texas isn't hurting at all. They're still raking in a lot of money to play longtime rivals in a geographically convenient league.

For 2015, SEC schools received about $31m each and the Big 10 schools received about $32m each, but Texas received about $41m for the same apple-to-apple set of tier rights and bowl revenue. That's the $26m the Big 12 paid each school plus the $15m ESPN pays Texas for the LHN. Remember that the SEC and B1G numbers include Tier 3 money while Big 12 schools market their Tier 3 rights individually, like the LHN.

And the Big 12/LHN payout really only comprises about 22% of the Texas athletic department's revenue each year.

Also keep in mind that Texas could probably join the B1G tomorrow - if it wanted to.

Who knows what the future will hold? Anything can happen, but at the moment Texas is hardly in ninth place.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Though Texas is the southern Notre Dame in terms of the amount of headaches they cause others to have... they are definitely going to be fine by the time the GOR and Longhorn Network are phased out. Right now they don't have to worry about a thing with that money coming from the mothership based on one National Championship in football. Their market, research funding, and large alumni are too big to pass up.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you see that. Eventually SEC and B1G teams may make more off of their television rights, but for the time being Texas isn't hurting at all. They're still raking in a lot of money to play longtime rivals in a geographically convenient league.

For 2015, SEC schools received about $31m each and the Big 10 schools received about $32m each, but Texas received about $41m for the same apple-to-apple set of tier rights and bowl revenue. That's the $26m the Big 12 paid each school plus the $15m ESPN pays Texas for the LHN. Remember that the SEC and B1G numbers include Tier 3 money while Big 12 schools market their Tier 3 rights individually, like the LHN.

And the Big 12/LHN payout really only comprises about 22% of the Texas athletic department's revenue each year.

Also keep in mind that Texas could probably join the B1G tomorrow - if it wanted to.

Who knows what the future will hold? Anything can happen, but at the moment Texas is hardly in ninth place.
The fine folks at A&M are laughing at you right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom