Non-Key Tweets | Page 494 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
Ok so the latest I can share: B12 is not putting the brakes on anything but B10 is turning up the heat on ACC.

Swofford has been in touch with Bowlsby daily since B10 new contract has been announced.

Swofford is afraid of losing schools and he knows without a ACCN the GOR is WEAK

Swofford wants what a good chunk of ACC schools want:to remain intact.

VT has no desire to go to sec nor does NCST

Swofford is discussing with Bowlsby the possibility of a pooling of resources if the ACC loses schools.

Not a full on merger but a true alliance that would see the end of both brands and a new super brand formed.

Bowlsby is interested enough in the idea to keep taking the calls.

Such a thing could be done in a way to completely dissolve both conferences and form a new one from the ashes.

This would end any current contracts.

But UT and LHN issue would have to be solved.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 60m60 minutes ago
And B12 presidents would have to agree to such a thing.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 59m59 minutes ago
On the plus side it would be a conference that commands the largest TV share in the country and have several historical power schools

Not saying any of this will happen but things are getting crazy.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 58m58 minutes ago
Oh and Notre Dame would have to be all-in as well.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 57m57 minutes ago
Meanwhile B12 continues to get data pouring in on G5 schools and aside from Uconn and BYU the numbers aren't great. Not even for Cincy.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @mizakgroup what is the reasoning behind only taking two teams now? Wait on the GOR to run out on the big12 and poaching there?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 9h9 hours ago
@randywatts7 @mizakgroup $$$ sharing of the big deal.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @randywatts7 @mizakgroup $$$$! Need to be markets that can increase $$$$ not devalue payout. GA Tech, FSU, UNC, ND

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 8h8 hours ago
@Genetics56 @Bluevodreal @mizakgroup Agree, why then only take 2 of the 4 previously mentioned from the ACC? won't all add value?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago
@randywatts7 @Genetics56 @mizakgroup not sure that was thrown out my someone but my contacts have never said that.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 6h6 hours ago
So far my Fox and ESPN contact have been spot on. Let's now see the second half deal.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal when do you see the next half going?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@mcgoblue ESPN. Needs the lion's share bad and will not get outbid.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal You think ESPN pays about $150M/year and NBC pays about $150M/year?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@Genetics56 ESPN will get bulk but would not be shocked NBC get's CG. That would make a ND entry plausible.

Justin Lugo ‏@JDLugOU 58m58 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal how can you be so sure it won't be OU/KU? Worth mentioning all have flirted with the idea in the past. Just curious.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 48m48 minutes ago
@JDLugOU I would love it and it was mentioned a few months ago. I have not heard a peep sense so it is dead or great Headfake.

Justin Lugo ‏@JDLugOU 34m34 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal this stuff and recruiting keep me entertained until the action starts this fall

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 32m32 minutes ago
@JDLugOU it is really getting interesting. Lots of money everyone wants that $500 million from the Big 10.

Justin Lugo ‏@JDLugOU 36m36 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal I remember hearing great headfakes were going to happen, would be continuous and Big12 GOR expires around when new tv deal does

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 34m34 minutes ago
@JDLugOU someone just 5 minutes ago told me Okl and Ku I do not buy the Ku part must be a Headfake.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 36m36 minutes ago
@JDLugOU I miss read I thought you said Okl and Texas. That is what I heard awhile back. I know Okl wants big 10 bad and Big 10 wants Texas.

ME: If I had a dollar every time that imbecile says the word "headfake" on every tweet... :rolleyes:

Currently the ACC & B12 combined don't add up to what the SEC & B1G are going to make but this new hybrid conference will COMMAND the largest TV contract?? Sounds like the hillbillies in WV are starting to realize that they will likely be in the same boat as UConn & Cincy when this next round happens and they will spew whatever they can to make their B12 home seem like it is stable.

If, or more likely, when the SEC & B1G decide it's time to add more playmates to their inner circles you will see schools from the ACC & B12 lining up to jump ship. Then it's just a matter of Delany & Sankey deciding who they will select.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that a year ago we were told that UConn at $20m would be cutting into the pie of other teams. And now we're supposed to believe that Georgia Tech is worth $50m to the B1G. If they are worth $50m, then I guess Wake Forest is worth -$10m.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned, unless UConn is directly mentioned in the tweet, all of these other messages are not non-key tweets and should be posted in the Non-Key Tweet Discussion thread.

Paging @Fishy !!

Reaction Score
Best thing that can happen right now for UCONN is Texas leaving the B12 and go to the ACC. Texas and ACC are ESPN properties so it will be an easy transition provided rest of the B12 agree to let them go. If OU/KU leaving is inevitable, B12 is better off just let Texas go now so they can try to build up the conference. Texas is gone if KU and OU are gone. There is no way Texas will stay behind in that conference. Texas can get the ND deal and remain in the ACC until B1G picks it apart. By then, Texas can decide to join B1G, SEC, or the PAC. Either way, Texas will be fine.

All the B12 schools other than Texas, KU, and OU must make decisions for themselves now if they want to survive. Expanding now is the right answer since there is strength in numbers. Also, it is easy to expand right now while they still got KU and OU for a few years. If UCONN and Cincy are onboard, it will lessen the impact when OU/KU/Texas leave. Hopefully, B1G will pick off a few ACC schools and B12 can either merge with the remaining or pick off remaining ACC schools.

Whether B12 make the right decision or not, it remains to be seen. Based on the history, I think B12 acts more like the old BE and will make all the wrong decisions. I hope I am wrong for UCONN's sake, but I haven't seen any pro-expansion movement out of B12 schools like TCU, ISU, KSU etc. They can't be this clueless but who knows.

The ESPN thing is logical and Texas might even like aligning itself with the academic credentials of some of the ACC bluebloods but I can't see Texas wanting to send its nonrevenue sports teams for multiple.games in the Eastern timezone when they have 100 year rivals nearby. I think Texas would love to have a few farflung conference outliers with in-market TV viewers in highly populous areas but I seriously doubt Texas wants to be the outlier in any scenario.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The funny thing is that a year ago we were told that UConn at $20m would be cutting into the pie of other teams. And now we're supposed to believe that Georgia Tech is worth $50m to the B1G. If they are worth $50m, then I guess Wake Forest is worth -$10m.

This will be the toughest pill to swallow. I can stomach Texas, OU, ND, FSU, UNC to the B1G at a $50M/yr price tag. But if schools like UVA, GT, BC, KU, or any other ACC/B12 school are invited without UConn, I will get quite frustrated. Yes, any of these schools departing their current P5 conference would open a spot for UConn and $20/yr > $2M/yr. But I'm already going to have a hard time being so far behind B1G "behemoths" like Rutgers, Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern. It's going to take even more to stomach a new addition being valued at 25x the cost of UConn when, in reality, that kind of divide does not exist.

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned, unless UConn is directly mentioned in the tweet, all of these other messages are not non-key tweets and should be posted in the Non-Key Tweet Discussion thread.

Paging @Fishy !!
Seriously IDGAF about 95% of the mobo jumbo in this thread but live and die by the other 5%. Cable fees in blah blah blah WHHHHOOOO CCCCCCAAAARRRESSS

Reaction Score
On the plus side it would be a conference that commands the largest TV share in the country and have several historical power schools

What? Say the B1G jumps to 20 by adding 1) Oklahoma, 2) Kansas, 3) UVA, 4) UNC, 5) Duke, and 6) G Tech while the SEC steps in and takes V Tech and NC State to get to 16. In turn, the ACC and XII combines. That conference gets half the Texas market with U Texas (A&M and the SEC gets the other half) and the same with FL with U Florida in the SEC and FSU & Miami in the new conference. Everywhere else, it would have at best the second tier program in every other TV market along the East coast with the possible exception of NYC should this new conference be smart enough to grab UConn and thus using the combo of UConn, Syracuse and ND to wrestle the Big Apple from the B1G. That is not the largest TV share by any stretch. The B1G would be 1, the SEC would be two and this new conference would likely be third just ahead of the PAC.

Reaction Score
What? Say the B1G jumps to 20 by adding 1) Oklahoma, 2) Kansas, 3) UVA, 4) UNC, 5) Duke, and 6) G Tech while the SEC steps in and takes V Tech and NC State to get to 16. In turn, the ACC and XII combines. That conference gets half the Texas market with U Texas (A&M and the SEC gets the other half) and the same with FL with U Florida in the SEC and FSU & Miami in the new conference. Everywhere else, it would have at best the second tier program in every other TV market along the East coast with the possible exception of NYC should this new conference be smart enough to grab UConn and thus using the combo of UConn, Syracuse and ND to wrestle the Big Apple from the B1G. That is not the largest TV share by any stretch. The B1G would be 1, the SEC would be two and this new conference would likely be third just ahead of the PAC.

You're forgetting one key factor. This new conference would have West Virginia as a part of it. WVU >B1G/SEC Combined.

Reaction Score
Been saying it all along. If UConn can't add $50 mil in revenue, please explain to me how the hell Kansas does? I think both the B1g or Sec can live without the KC market.
Don't see them taking any private schools either.

Reaction Score
More talk of how bringing NBC on board facilitates bringing ND on board. At a minimum it would help with ND and Michigan scheduling future games.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Been saying it all along. If UConn can't add $50 mil in revenue, please explain to me how the hell Kansas does? I think both the B1g or Sec can live without the KC market.

Only if advertising becomes a larger factor. No matter how long it's been since they won a natty, they still have a name.

Note- I would much rather have UConn and Oklahoma vs Kansas and Oklahoma in any circumstance.

pj

Reaction Score
Why Kansas?

If Kansas, Duke, and Georgia Tech jump ahead of UConn, it is because academics/AAU status and geographic/cultural bridging (Kansas supports Oklahoma, GTech supports FSU, Duke helps recruit UNC) has trumped markets (UConn's strength) in the B1G's reckoning.

Kansas is a good comparable for UConn because its academics are no better than UConn's despite its legacy AAU status. But maybe the AAU label matters more than the substance.

Reaction Score
If Kansas, Duke, and Georgia Tech jump ahead of UConn, it is because academics/AAU status and geographic/cultural bridging (Kansas supports Oklahoma, GTech supports FSU, Duke helps recruit UNC) has trumped markets (UConn's strength) in the B1G's reckoning.

Kansas is a good comparable for UConn because its academics are no better than UConn's despite its legacy AAU status. But maybe the AAU label matters more than the substance.

In fairness, Kansas is not the academic institution that UConn is. We are rated 19th for public universities while Kansas is 55th. They have legacy status in the AAU, which has become much harder to crack now. But I don't see kids picking KU over UConn except for the customary reasons of proximity or cost. Straight up - which is the better school? Hands down UConn. It is similar to the situation where many schools have legacy status in P-5 conferences, where there no way they would be added now. Wake Forest? Vandy? (name your best choice) I share Dooley's despair. The frustration factor will be off the charts if we miss out again, because we know we belong!

Reaction Score

For the B1G, its more than just money. Kansas has a basketball brand which based on media perception is strong than UConn's, is AAU, which is a big one, and helps build a 'landbridge' between Nebraska and Oklahoma and possibly Texas to the south. The good news is that even if the XII folds, the B1G would likely be looking to fill 3 more slot in addition to Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas to get to 20.

pj

Reaction Score
In fairness, Kansas is not the academic institution that UConn is. We are rated 19th for public universities while Kansas is 55th. They have legacy status in the AAU, which has become much harder to crack now. But I don't see kids picking KU over UConn except for the customary reasons of proximity or cost. Straight up - which is the better school? Hands down UConn. It is similar to the situation where many schools have legacy status in P-5 conferences, where there no way they would be added now. Wake Forest? Vandy? (name your best choice) I share Dooley's despair. The frustration factor will be off the charts if we miss out again, because we know we belong!

As far as graduate programs and research go, Kansas and UConn are equivalent. At the undergraduate level, the only substantive difference is that Kansas requires the university to accept all students with a GPA of 2.0 or higher in a college prep curriculum, or with an SAT score above 980 if they've achieved a GPA of 3.25. (U.S. Freshmen Requirements | Undergraduate Admissions). These are really easy admissions standards and it hurts KU in the undergrad rankings. Nevertheless for a good student, the quality of undergraduate education at KU and UConn may be similar, you just have more dumb classmates at KU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom