Non-Key Tweets | Page 490 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

pj

Reaction Score
At these numbers, why wouldn't everyone want to join the B1G?

At $500 mn per year for 25 fb and 50 bb games, it's basically $7 mn per football game and $1.5 mn per basketball game. For a school with 6 home FB games and 13 home basketball games, that's $60 mn.

The $20 mn the ACC and B12 get per school is suddenly looking closer to the AAC than the B1G.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
At these numbers, why wouldn't everyone want to join the B1G?

At $500 mn per year for 25 fb and 50 bb games, it's basically $7 mn per football game and $1.5 mn per basketball game. For a school with 6 home FB games and 13 home basketball games, that's $60 mn.

The $20 mn the ACC and B12 get per school is suddenly looking closer to the AAC than the B1G.

We do. That's why it's the white whale. Even President Herbst has a harpoon in her office at the ready just in case.

GG

Reaction Score
So, was Bluevod correct all along?
Bluevod is still saying that Big 10 would like to go to 20, but would go to 16 if they cannot get the right teams. The teams allegedly being wooed are from the ACC and include UVA,NC GT FSU with ND in play. He claims that his Fox contact told him bids went out with and without the additional teams. He gives the addition of those teams a 50% of occurring.

Reaction Score
Soooooooooooo, if we stick it out for 2023-ish then SOMEONE will want us, right?

Looking at the remnants of the ACC of course.

Reaction Score
Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @pfac51 @frankthetank111 it will be close to the $47- $50 mill per school when all media is said and done. TV (1st/2nd) + BTN

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@JonBCoker @pfac51 @frankthetank111 Really? You think that. Just inflation.

@JonBCoker What was the BTN payout (rights fees + profit sharing) last year? To get near $50M per it has to => $14M.

Flintdawg8208 ‏@Odharris1 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @pfac51 @frankthetank111 you repeatedly said that the Big Ten will be disappointed in their new contract.

@Odharris1 @pfac51 @frankthetank111 No. I said B1G fan boys would be. I said 15-20% increase.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Odharris1 @pfac51 @frankthetank111 like that's more than 15-20% increase

@JonBCoker @Odharris1 @pfac51 @frankthetank111 You guys are funny.

@theDudeofWV you're already looking at around $45- $47 million per year per team.

@JonBCoker How? $36M for Fox & Whoever.... Another 5 for BTN?

@JonBCoker To put it in perspective the SEC has the oldest (& smallest) primary TV deal & disbursed $32M in 2014.

@JonBCoker B1G deal is big. But nowhere near the 45-55m projections some were throwing out.

@theDudeofWV like I said, it will be close to the $50 million mark per team.Mark my words. Write it down. On 4/18/16. Laugh if you want. :)

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@JonBCoker How?

@theDudeofWV just sit back and watch Delaney do what he does best. Negotiate.

@JonBCoker Because I bet Fox gets what amounts to T1 games.

@theDudeofWV ESPN will not lose out on B1G content. They now know what it will take and shareholders will see. They will pay.

@JonBCoker They already have. They are not going to pay top dollar for second choice content.

@JonBCoker The second network isn't going to pay more than Fox. Maybe less if Fox gets 1st choice.

Shawn ‏@McCoyShawn13 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @JonBCoker Fox has the least expensive half

@theDudeofWV ESPN will get the 2nd part and will pay more to get first dibs on the T1 games. I wouldn't be surprised to see $1.6b-$2b

@JonBCoker Smart move by B1G but it's not the deal you guys think.

Flintdawg8208 ‏@Odharris1 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @JonBCoker tell us the deal JD is working then? It is OK to be wrong. Maybe in five to six years wvu will be in B1G.

@JonBCoker The B1G fan boys who set the bar ridiculously high ($45-55 for primary TV) are going to be upset.

@theDudeofWV they may be. They might not. Every conference has their fanatics. It's what makes this sport great

@JonBCoker What if that second deal is 1/2 or 2/3 the Fox deal & it costs BTN content?

@theDudeofWV won't happen. This is all about helping their own network (BTN) as well. Delaney knows what he's doing. Now at this point...

@JonBCoker Because Fox is buying Ohio State, UM, MSU, PSU & Neb. What's the rest worth?

Shawn ‏@McCoyShawn13 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @JonBCoker and Wisconsin

Omega Supreme‏@OmegaSupreme914
Omega Supreme Retweeted Dennis Dodd

@Odharris1 @posas13 @Expansion_Crush @flugempire @theGoldHelmets @MHver3 @Doctor_alesmith @NebGradDubDub

Omega Supreme added,

Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
Why the Big Ten's reported short new TV deal with Fox makes sense Why the Big Ten's reported short new TV deal with Fox makes sense via @CBSSports

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @Odharris1 @posas13 @Expansion_Crush @theGoldHelmets @MHver3 @Doctor_alesmith @NebGradDubDub Dodd is a mess.

H ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 dodds confirming B10 was after a longer term deal.

Reaction Score
I think this means that other conferences will have to respond somehow. It's the only way they can get more money anytime soon. B12 has more options than the ACC.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 11h11 hours ago
@OleRog The goal has always been 6 to make 20 team league. Would they settle with 4 and 16 yes if it is not a good deal.

OleRog ‏@OleRog 2h2 hours agoMidland, TX
@Bluevodreal which 6?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@OleRog sounds like 4 right now FSU. As son as summer and UN GT UVA to follow. Do they stay at 18 or grab 20 with ND in play

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
50/50 prediction for expansion now 60/40 and picking up steam.

Erich Keithly ‏@ekeithly_1 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal You were only 50/50?

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 1h1 hour ago
@ekeithly_1 @Bluevodreal when it all started I think he said it was 10/90. Got to 50/50 last wee

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 1h1 hour ago
@abrick75 @ekeithly_1 @Bluevodreal FSU, Georgia Tech, UNC, UVA and ND? Bring in Oklahoma for the other team.

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 52m52 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @ekeithly_1 @Bluevodreal would be a nice get football wise but it seems like this will be a market value deal

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 47m47 minutes ago
@ekeithly_1 things are looking more positive with FSU and the 3 others it is really picking up steam.

Hanes ‏@ahanes1 54m54 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal why agree to terms on 1/2 of tv rights and then announce a huge expansion a few months later? Seems illogical.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 45m45 minutes ago
@ahanes1 need to see the final language of this first deal. I bet they keep some of it out until it happens. Told summer first could jump.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
10413245_757168324331563_356968668_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 54m54 minutes ago
JUST IN:
From BTM:
Oklahoma will not support any extension of Big 12 Grant of Rights as a precursor to the creation of Big 12 Network.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 51m51 minutes ago
So what does that mean?
I'm not sure...past the obvious. I have dinner with BTM in 3 weeks.
That's too long of a time to wait.

Husky Army ‏@thehuskyarmy · 45m45 minutes ago
@flugempire can someone explain?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@thehuskyarmy I will try to later today...I'm not what this message means in its totality

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@UConn6thBorough @thehuskyarmy @DooleyMcStitch
but logically you would need to extend GOR for B12N creation...and OU is in favor of B12N..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough @thehuskyarmy @DooleyMcStitch
So yes...Im more than a little confused by BTM subject line only emsil to me..
IDK

Reaction Score
Assuming that the ACC's GoR had some contingencies on the creation of a network, Oklahoma probably doesn't want to find itself in the same situation.

That is, locking itself into a conference network that may or may not happen. And if it does happen, they probably want to avoid locking themselves into a contract that takes them past the point where they know other conference deals will be expiring.

Dooley

Reaction Score
OU wouldn't or shouldn't want any part of a new GOR that would close any loopholes that their lawyers feel can be exploited OR lock them into a conference that is clearly beneath them over the long-term (i.e. they won't make the same mistake FSU made). There is no reason why Texas or Oklahoma should get 1/4 of the revenue that Rutgers or Purdue.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Sounds like a negotiating ploy versus Texas. Draw line in the sand, and use it as a concession down the road in order to get Texas et al to tow their line.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Makes sense, shorter length, more cash. Hedging against cord cutters and other changes in the industry?
Yeah, but deals increase with each renegotiation, so the B1G will have two bump ups before anyone else has their next one. That makes this even more beneficial to them. IMHO.

CL82

Reaction Score
OU wouldn't or shouldn't want any part of a new GOR that would close any loopholes that their lawyers feel can be exploited OR lock them into a conference that is clearly beneath them over the long-term (i.e. they won't make the same mistake FSU made). There is no reason why Texas or Oklahoma should get 1/4 of the revenue that Rutgers or Purdue.
That's the mind set, isn't it. Arrogant power programs are going to look to move.

FWIW, if I'm Oklahoma, why would I lock into the Big 12 until I'm 100% sure that I don't have a better conference affiliation waiting for them.

Dooley

Reaction Score
That's the mind set, isn't it. Arrogant power programs are going to look to move.

FWIW, if I'm Oklahoma, why would I lock into the Big 12 until I'm 100% sure that I don't have a better conference affiliation waiting for them.

We all know now what the real reason is that the B12 coaches/leaders have done a 180 on conference expansion in the past few days. They know OU and Texas are gone. Probably Kansas too. The conference is as good as dead. They are only interested in narrative that affects 2016. And in 2016, the same tired beat applies: "we don't need no stinkin' championship game to get into a Playoff!"

CL82

Reaction Score
We all know now what the real reason is that the B12 coaches/leaders have done a 180 on conference expansion in the past few days. They know OU and Texas are gone. Probably Kansas too. The conference is as good as dead. They are only interested in narrative that affects 2016. And in 2016, the same tired beat applies: "we don't need no stinkin' championship game to get into a Playoff!"
So the questions are: Who's moving, which conferences will survive the inevitable consolidation, and does UConn end up in a better position?

I think the B1g will look east first and if it gets the schools it wants from the ACC, then maybe the Big 12 survives intact and has a shot at the ACC leftovers. If that happens then UConn is likely in the ACC remnant conference. I suppose there is some chance that we could get the B1G nod so that their East coast schools are contiguous, but that's looking like an even longer shot now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom