Non-Key Tweets | Page 488 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So much gold in these tweets. When nothing happens over the summer, I wonder if Bluevoodo will disappear or if he'll continue spinning CR Yarns like the rest of these lunatics? I guess a little attention, even from other weirdos, is intoxicating to these guys.

Reaction Score
Okay, my head is swimming. These lunatics keep shuffling back & forth so much between B1G & B-12 expansion, non-expansion that I can't keep track without a scorecard. OR, is that the point?:confused:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gee's comments seem pretty negative on expansion. Those were direct quotes, for attribution. While the championship game was not going to be a driver for UConn to be added, it seems like Gee is saying that the Big 12 has decided it is all set now that it can hold a championship game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the B12 decides not to expand it means the LHN is dead and a B12 network has been greenlit. The CCG was always going to happen, although two 5 team divisions requires the elite teams to be consistently elite or risk it hurting their playoff chances.

Reaction Score
If the B12 decides not to expand it means the LHN is dead and a B12 network has been greenlit. The CCG was always going to happen, although two 5 team divisions requires the elite teams to be consistently elite or risk it hurting their playoff chances.

I disagree. I can't imagine a B12 network comes to fruition without new markets. Unless UT reluctantly accepts in order to keep OU from leaving, that's the only way I see that working.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I disagree. I can't imagine a B12 network comes to fruition without new markets. Unless UT reluctantly accepts in order to keep OU from leaving, that's the only way I see that working.

If you seek to maximize the benefits of a network then yes. The B12 isn't trying to do that. All they want is to create one, any one, that will add revenue and reduce the influence of Texas over the conference there by keeping OU in the fold. Leaving a few million on the table is not part of their thinking right now.

Reaction Score
There's no way to get a Big 12 network without expansion. If expansion isn't happening, that's Texas saying they're getting out of the Big 12 as soon as they can and they'll take their LHN paycheck in the meantime

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'd say it's more like Texas has said yes to a rebranding the LHN and a CCG which swings enough votes against OU which means it's OU that is on its way out and TX and its acolytes are delusional about the long term prospects of the B12.

Reaction Score
[URL='https://twitter.com/Bluevodreal' said:
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal [/URL] 3h3 hours ago
@Eddo523 summer is goal. Yes they are keeping very quiet. It is in nobody's best interest to leak as this is taking many angles and sides.

Nobody's best interest... except Bluevod's apparently!?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
To me it sounds like the Big 12 will use LHN to start the network, get it running and then look to poach the ACC.

Reaction Score
Troy @TroyJr_67
B1G Expansion Primer of Rumors and Facts B1G Expansion Primer of Rumors and Facts via @testudotimes @Bluevodreal

I stopped reading the 'Primer' after the following statement - "The fact is that UConn isn't in a large media market and despite its proximity to New York, it just doesn't register there"

As it has been drawn and quartered here, UConn makes the NYC local news more often than Rutgers and Syracuse does before and after Rutgers went to the B1G and Syracuse went to the ACC. UConn women's basketball make the regular and the sports news after winning 4 titles in a row.

Beyond UConn, this author states that the B1G will only consider new members that are AAU and contiguous while simultaneously arguing for Oklahoma and FSU to the B1G (neither are AAU). Next, next he argues that the B1G would consider adding FSU as a stand-alone add without filling in the 900 mile gap between MD and FSU. If the B1G does fill in that gap, he argues that adding both UNC and Duke would not add any value while ignoring Duke's AAU status and the massive amount of research dollars that Duke brings to the table, which is very attractive to the CIC and college presidents. Next, he states that any conference would take G Tech over Clemson just because G Tech is in Atlanta proper while ignoring the fact that Atlanta when it comes to college football is U Georgia territory (the NYT fan map shows most Atlanta zip codes as 33% U Georgia while G Tech, Alabama & Auburn all get 10%) while Clemson is only 125 miles to Atlanta and 125 miles to Charlotte. This author clearly 1) does not like basketball schools (UConn and Duke) nor Clemson. Best guess he is a SEC football guy or maybe fan of NC State or V Tech.

Reaction Score

Have to agree. The LHN from what has been see to date has no footprint outside of Texas TV markets- #5 Dallas/Fort Worth, #10 Houston, #37 San Antonio, #49 Austin, #98 El Paso

Converting the LHN to a XII network without conference expansion would likely add #31 Kansas City, #45 Oklahoma City, #61 Tulsa, #65 Charleston WV, #69 Wichita. That's not much to get excited about from a TV advertising viewpoint.

Now, let's say the ACCN somehow gets off the ground at the same time. Of the Top 100 US markets, the ACC would likely have access to the following - #1 New York, #7 Boston, #8 Atlanta, #9 DC, #13 Tampa/Ste. Pete, #16 Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, #19 Orlanda/Daytona, #23 Pittsburgh, #24 Charlotte, #27 Raleigh/Durham, #36 Geeenville SC, #38 West Palm, #43 Norfolk/Virginia Beach, #46 Greensboro/High Point, #47 Jacksonville, #50 Louisville, etc.

Assuming that each conference's network gets off the ground (unlikely in both cases) and each has the same GOR protections, I don't get the argument that the XII is so much better than the ACC. Yes, the XII may have slightly better top football programs in Texas & Oklahoma v FSU & Clemson; but the ACC is larger, offers more sports/content, has a larger TV footprint, and has better academics.

Reaction Score

The new ruling allows them to keep the same, non-division format they have while adding a CCG. No 5 team divisions required

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only sense I can make of all the info out there, pretending for a moment that all of it is real, is that the B1G is going to poach the ACC and thus the it makes sense for the Big 12 to lay low for the time being and scavenge from the remains, since either 1) the G5 schools they are looking at probably are going to available to them whenever they choose to expand or 2) if they lose a school or two, they will have access to alternatives that are a better fit for them.

pj

Reaction Score
The only sense I can make of all the info out there, pretending for a moment that all of it is real, is that the B1G is going to poach the ACC and thus the it makes sense for the Big 12 to lay low for the time being and scavenge from the remains, since either 1) the G5 schools they are looking at probably are going to available to them whenever they choose to expand or 2) if they lose a school or two, they will have access to alternatives that are a better fit for them.

If you believe the Twitterati like Bluevodreal, that would be the conclusion. More likely the ACC is stable for another 8 years and the B12 is already searching for landing places for its members when it dissolves.

Reaction Score

lol. The Big XII won't know that the Big Ten is expanding more than ten minutes before we do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If you believe the Twitterati like Bluevodreal, that would be the conclusion. More likely the ACC is stable for another 8 years and the B12 is already searching for landing places for its members when it dissolves.

I think this is the much more likely outcome.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The new ruling allows them to keep the same, non-division format they have while adding a CCG. No 5 team divisions required

If I recall, you still need divisions for a CCG. The ACC wanted to scrap divisions and got voted down because the other P5's thought that would be an unfair advantage for them to set up the best CCG match up of their top two teams.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
It does look like a better than zero chance that either the ACC or B12 will be raided by another P5 or multiple P5's in the resulting feeding frenzy. This is CR Rule #1 at its finest.

ACC needs more revenue or there will be defections, there is too much money and the NC block can't hold it together if that becomes reality.

The B12 needs both revenue and a more equal distribution of money and power or they will have defections.

The B1G will call the song in this dance. They have 2 easy spots to fill and the infrastructure for 2 more in place.

The SEC will get its first choices after the B1G does its thing and I don't think there will be much overlap in targets. I don't think either wants GT.

PAC12 may or may not expand, if they get enough OOC games with the B1G, they may stick at 12. The geography doesn't favor picking up Midwest also rans, unless any Texas school is of interest.

If nothing happens this summer, I suspect it's dead until the GOR's are up. Then the weakest conference implodes. UCONN ends up in the reconstituted conference. Assuming CR #1 doesn't kill the program.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
R CAT READER ‏@CATREADER66 15h15 hours ago
@MH ver3 do you have comment on G.Gee saying NO B12 expansion https://westvirginia.n.rivals.com/news/realignment-and-expansion-on-hold-for-now…

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
@CATREADER66 I responded to that already.not an issue.he simply means no exp until after early June meeting.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 19h19 hours ago
@HarryHareBear @Expansion_Crush Duke is being mentioned but I do not buy it not noun TV $$.ND real but will believe it when I see it.

Matt Alexander ‏@Hawks5151 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Nebraska didn't bring much, they were a luxury pick with FB, With other large markets, Duke could also be luxury pick for BB.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@Hawks5151 maybe but $$$ is driving this completely and last time the ACC was not on life support.

R CAT READER ‏@CATREADER66 15h15 hours ago
@flugempire Do you have comment on G. Gee saying no B12 expansion https://westvirginia.n.rivals.com/news/realignment-and-expansion-on-hold-for-now…

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
@CATREADER66 Except...I don't find in the article where Gee says B12 have decided "no" to B12 expansion. I don't find it in Gee's quotes

@CATREADER66 I fact...line up Gee quotes and it sounds like he is following B12's Commish Policy on not talking on specific of B12 EXP

@CATREADER66 It's the reason I have not made a comment until asked.... ....this article is a whole lot of nothing..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@flug -
who_da_man.png

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
Heard from my guy at WVU.Gee's comments were taken a little out of context in that article.he was being very coy with his answers.

Gee is not one to play his hand early. The writer of that piece wrote a very misleading title.

Plans are still set to review data in early June and make decisions from there.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 and story. Total bs.

@DezyHume yeah he filled in a lot of blanks on his own.

The real story is UT being passed by A&M as biggest athletic dept.

UT apologists will tell you that A&M's stadium expenditures made the difference but the fact is A&M is making bank.

The only way for UT to make more in the future is through a B12N, CCG, and expansion

Scott Bagenstose ‏@scottebags 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 I suspect we will get a quote from Boren soon stating that nothing is yet decided or will be decided until June #Big12expansion

@scottebags you're probably right.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 so the only way to save the B12 is to convince UT they r behind Aggy?

@MurrDCU not the only way. Just more pie in UT's face.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
WVU's Gee says research data on potential members does not support Big 12 expansion.

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 24h24 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Well, we all know UConn has the data. Must not have found a 12th. Bad news for the long-term survival of the Big 12.

Manny Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity 10h10 hours ago
@DooleyMcStitch @theDudeofWV They know who they want. Data isn't the major problem that UConn has regarding the Big 12.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 3h3 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity @DooleyMcStitch @theDudeofWV what are you inferring from this

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@UConn6thBorough @Manny_Insanity @DooleyMcStitch Me? Far too much conflicting information. Best to wait for Spring meetings.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Manny_Insanity @DooleyMcStitch was referring to Manny but I agree with your sentiment

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 14h14 hours agoIrmo, SC
@theDudeofWV In10 years the ACC will retain 3rd tier rights and build their own network and destroy the BIG12.

@theDudeofWV BIG12 can't form network with 10 programs and needs to make a move before ACC TV contracts renew.

@theDudeofWV Short sighted. The last to form network, the ACC or BIG12 will cease to exist as we know it. Big12 has 10 years to beat ACC

R CAT READER ‏@CATREADER66 22h22 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa Do you have comment on G.Gee saying NO B12 expansion https://westvirginia.n.rivals.com/news/realignment-and-expansion-on-hold-for-now…

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 13h13 hours ago
@CATREADER66 exactly where does he infer that it's a no go? He made some statements of fact. They're spot on. He didn't say no.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal Apr 17
I know first hand FSU is leading talks and lawyers have cleared that GOR for ACC is unforceable. Could be first Domino.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal it's hard to fathom how everyone involved has maintained complete silence on this. When will the story break wide open?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@TommyNole not much longer. There has been info just people have missed it.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal It seems that FSU, GT, UVA, and UNC leave the ACC for the Big 10 right? Duke and ND are just smokescreens?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@CGreen63 those 4 sound solid. I do not buy Duke but sounds like ND is real. They would need a 6th team after that.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal You think UCONN could be line for the 6th spot? I know it sounds strange but I'd be all for it

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 27m27 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 any chance at all Texas and/or Oklahoma gets an invite?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 21m21 minutes ago
@randywatts7 @CGreen63 yes I know they want Texas BAD and told Okl would come as well. Not sure Texas will say yes. ND head fake ? 4 UT?

ME: Covering all angles in the loony bin. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom