Non-Key Tweets | Page 486 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
J ‏@UCONNfan14 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 So basically dude of wvu is coming to your side and fluge's side as he seems to be moving to byu, cincy, uconn top 3 and cincy/uconn

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
@UCONNfan14 he's the John Kerry of Twitter. Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
basically everything I've been saying for months and I don't even get a reach around??
B1G Expansion Primer of Rumors and Facts

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 12m12 minutes ago
@MH ver3 except they totally get UConn wrong in formatting and as an overall candidate for expansion. BHV & Navigate already figured this out

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
@gampel_2_msg I was talking about the B10 stuff. But yeah saying you guys are irrelevant in NY is kind of uninformed.

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 9m9 minutes ago
@MH ver3 agreed yea everything u have covered at length. The Memphis to B12 stuff is laughable. Bad athletic department, market, & following

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 9m9 minutes ago
@MH ver3 at least Cincy, BYU, and UConn have their sh it together and can hang their hat on location, football, or TV market

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7m7 minutes ago
@gampel_2_msg it could happen but only if ACC survives

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 4m4 minutes ago
@MH ver3 meaning u see BYU, Cincy, UConn (in no particular order) as first priority and if ACC stands pat Memphis is in 2 otherwise ACC unis

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3m3 minutes ago
@gampel_2_msg BYU is the wildcard but yes

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 2m2 minutes ago
@MH ver3 between B12 and B10 - this is going to be a wild couple of months

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 10m10 minutes ago
Things have been very quiet lately. I think it means something BIG is brewing. This is how it was before MD was invited.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9m9 minutes ago
Everyone is literally holding their breath waiting to see what B10 does.

Literally the only info I've gotten these past few days has been that Uconn's Board had a phone meeting to get their ducks in a row

For leaving AAC

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 7m7 minutes ago
@MH ver3 B10 got good news today. ESPN can't bid on the men's NCAA Tourney for at least 16 years.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14s14 seconds ago
@NebGradDubDub and the numbers are misleading because it's actually 8.8 billion for just 8 more years.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 now3 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub a pretty big increase from .7 b a year to 1.1 b

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@mcgoblue @abrick75 who is the dude?

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @abrick75 thedude Of wv.

@Bluevodreal @abrick75 christofer. Lambert

@mcgoblue @abrick75 never heard of him.

@Bluevodreal @abrick75 he started an expansion page on facebook and I am on it with others and your twitter comments have been discussed.

@Bluevodreal @abrick75 he says no way the ACC would break up because of the GOR.

@mcgoblue @abrick75 that's not what several lawyers think. I'm no lawyer but have done a ton of contracts and looks like to me it is clear.

@mcgoblue @abrick75 the other thing is if ACC thought the GOR was solid they would not have asked schools resign new one.6 schools did not.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @abrick75 I can't wait to throwit in his face. Stick with WVU and dont pretend to know anything about BIG10 and Michigan.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@mcgoblue @abrick75 does not mean it will happen for sure but talks are serious. I would say 50% shot. 2 months ago I would have said 10%.

ME: You mean to say there are those that don't think a wood clearing in WV is a good place to find expansion info? :D

pj

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only thing that's clear to me is that you can't trust an analysis of a contract that did not begin with a reading of the contract.
...but he's not a lawyer, so actually reading the documents he's pretending to analyze and understand is really optional.:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh...FSU beat Ohio State every time that they played them by double digits..twice in Columbus, once in Sugar...put 51 points up on Michigan to set a record at their Big House ( and in a year when they went undefeated in the Big Ten), beat Michigan State every time they played them (twice in Lansing) by an average of 26 points, beat Wisconsin the only time they played by 29 points...and then Wisconsin said that they would never schedule FSU because of their name.

These Big Ten guys want no part of FSU in Tallahassee.

And that's not mentioning playing four times at Nebraska with no return...

I guess I was not referring to FSU specifically. I think they had to shedule the big dogs on the road in order to establish their brand.

Reaction Score
Call a spade a spade - the southern conferences didn't give a rat's ass about the kids. They didn't want the northern schools recruiting in their backyard, so they banded together and killed the camps.

Harbaugh scares the nuts off them.

Call a spade a spade...Harbaugh doesn't give a rat's ass about the kids...he is trying to build a NC winning team.

We've had out of state recruiting for years...but there is worry about how far it will go. Already recruiters swarm Florida high schools every year....

These schools recruited Florida kids....

Alabama, Appalachian State, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, Colorado State, Connecticut, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kent State, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Michigan, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Southern Cal, Utah, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Washington State, Western Kentucky, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

In addition to FSU, Florida, Miami, FIU, FAU, USF, UCF, Bethune Cookman, and FAMU.

If you want to reach "overlooked kids", camp in Massachusetts, Vermont, South Dakota....But that is not what Harbaugh is about....

Reaction Score
@mcgoblue@abrick75 that's not what several lawyers think. I'm no lawyer but have done a ton of contracts and looks like to me it is clear.

And there you have it. That is a comprehensive legal opinion if I ever saw or gave one.......

He is no lawyer. He has not read the ACC GOR. He has no first hand knowledge of....anything. But, it "looks like to me it is clear." Ok, then.

Reaction Score
The kooks are all about fantasy...and telling a story. Fairy Tales depend on made up facts and the readers suspension of disbelief.

It is entertainment and interesting to read.....and there will always be those who can really suspend disbelief and believe that the described fights with dragons are reality.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I want to thank the twitter nuts for weening me off twitter CRA discussions. The endless volume of sheer idiocy and fantasy spewed over the past month has come to fully bore me. Wake me when something real happens.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Literally the only info I've gotten these past few days has been that Uconn's Board had a phone meeting to get their ducks in a row

This is a very specific and a very big claim. Is he saying that he is hearing UConn's BOTs are meeting to get their CR ducks in a row? Or is he saying that UConn is talking about their desire to play in a P5 conference? I highly doubt that anyone on Twitter knows whether or not the UConn BOT are having private phone meetings to discuss CR. I would highly doubt that anyone outside of the BOT knows this information.

Reaction Score
I am headed back to Florida at the end of the week for a check up on my cancer. I will talk to a BOT member that I occasionally talk with and see if the FSU rumors have any legs....I suspect that they do not.

FSU doesn't play straight re public records though...There is a Florida public information request that has been in since last July re a copy of the GOR. The administration has returned that they only have the signature page on record (really?).

A lawyer who is also a fan found that remarkable and six months ago filed a request for any correspondence or email related to the GOR or the media contract. He has been stiff armed so far and is about to file suit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a very specific and a very big claim. Is he saying that he is hearing UConn's BOTs are meeting to get their CR ducks in a row? Or is he saying that UConn is talking about their desire to play in a P5 conference? I highly doubt that anyone on Twitter knows whether or not the UConn BOT are having private phone meetings to discuss CR. I would highly doubt that anyone outside of the BOT knows this information.

It seems he is saying that they are getting lined up to exit the AAC. There is a buyout, etc., so they would indeed need to be prepared for that.

Reaction Score
That and saying that UConn's basketball dominance has ruffled too many feathers inside the P5 is complete rubbish. This guy clearly knows nothing about UConn and the value it brings.

Odd since the victory parade in Hartford for the UConn women's basketball team made the 6 PM news on ABC 7 in NYC the other day...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@mcgoblue@abrick75 that's not what several lawyers think. I'm no lawyer but have done a ton of contracts and looks like to me it is clear.

And there you have it. That is a comprehensive legal opinion if I ever saw or gave one..

He is no lawyer. He has not read the ACC GOR. He has no first hand knowledge of....anything. But, it "looks like to me it is clear." Ok, then.

Eh. He's just channeling his inner Muntz. It's not like lawyers feel the need to actually know what they're talking about anyway.

Reaction Score

And there you have it. That is a comprehensive legal opinion if I ever saw or gave one..

So Terry it looks like after 127+ yrs we are joining the Big 10, we had a good run

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's not that specific.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Unless the BOT discusses, by phone, moving out of the American every month, then this is specific. Who knows, maybe they do. We all discuss it on a minute-by-minute basis here...I'm sure our school's leaders are no different in their desire to get out of the G5 mud. The how and what they discussed seem specific to me. I don't believe that someone on Twitter has this info for one second.

Reaction Score
Call a spade a spade...Harbaugh doesn't give a rat's ass about the kids...he is trying to build a NC winning team.
If you want to reach "overlooked kids", camp in Massachusetts, Vermont, South Dakota....But that is not what Harbaugh is about....

The SEC and ACC would be OK with that? Interesting...

Reaction Score
Unless the BOT discusses, by phone, moving out of the American every month, then this is specific. Who knows, maybe they do. We all discuss it on a minute-by-minute basis here...I'm sure our school's leaders are no different in their desire to get out of the G5 mud. The how and what they discussed seem specific to me. I don't believe that someone on Twitter has this info for one second.
The only thing they would really have to approve and talk about is where the $$ would
Come for their AAC buyout if they were going to get out earlier than the conference bylaws state, and maybe approve $$ for legal fees. But you are right; that someone like Mh3 would have inside info on that is ludicrous.

Reaction Score
Eh. He's just channeling his inner Muntz. It's not like lawyers feel the need to actually know what they're talking about anyway.

Lol, true enough. But, I have a feeling that his having "done a lot of contracts"= using LegalZoom.com.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Odd since the victory parade in Hartford for the UConn women's basketball team made the 6 PM news on ABC 7 in NYC the other day...

Indeed. Honestly, even the Boston papers cover the UConn women quite heavily. They are a remarkable phenomena.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said: Odd since the victory parade in Hartford for the UConn women's basketball team made the 6 PM news on ABC 7 in NYC the other day...

Indeed. Honestly, even the Boston papers cover the UConn women quite heavily. They are a remarkable phenomena.

It almost like we those newspapers are trying to say something...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom