Non-Key Tweets | Page 484 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd rather the Rent be expanded and renovated to the 55-60K range and then cap it. Focus on gameday experience things like in-stadium bar lounge areas, food/dining services, covered seating, leg room, and maybe down the road, replacing bleacher seating with actual chairs. If they add a 3rd deck behind the UConn sideline and use a partial covering similar to many EPL stadiums overseas, that would go a long way towards improving fan gameday experiences. Seems like bad weather causes havoc around here. I am not a fan of domes but would be willing to meet the bad weather willies half-way with a partial covering. I like football in the elements and think that a cold gameday provides us with a definite advantage over some of our southern based competition so I would want to preserve that as much as possible. However, if a bad weather game means 10K less fans in the stadium, plans need to include how to protect against that too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why waste time on something that is unnecessary and will never happen?

Reaction Score
No complimentary lap dances from the cheerleaders
Except that 1 time when they accompanied Jonathan into the stands & got pushed by some lout running up the aisle to go to the john while Jonny was shaking my son's hand.:cool:

Reaction Score
I'd rather the Rent be expanded and renovated to the 55-60K range and then cap it. Focus on gameday experience things like in-stadium bar lounge areas, food/dining services, covered seating, leg room, and maybe down the road, replacing bleacher seating with actual chairs. If they add a 3rd deck behind the UConn sideline and use a partial covering similar to many EPL stadiums overseas, that would go a long way towards improving fan gameday experiences. Seems like bad weather causes havoc around here. I am not a fan of domes but would be willing to meet the bad weather willies half-way with a partial covering. I like football in the elements and think that a cold gameday provides us with a definite advantage over some of our southern based competition so I would want to preserve that as much as possible. However, if a bad weather game means 10K less fans in the stadium, plans need to include how to protect against that too.

I have UConn friends that now live in Seattle and went to football games hosted by those Huskies. Seattle deals with a lot of cold, rainy days and that's exactly what they did when Husky Stadium was renovated. It's bigger than what UConn needs right now (70K); but, putting a roof of the sidelines helped a lot.

UW Stadium.jpg

Its also a unique experience in that people tailgate via boats at that stadium.

Reaction Score
I have UConn friends that now live in Seattle and went to football games hosted by those Huskies. Seattle deals with a lot of cold, rainy days and that's exactly what they did when Husky Stadium was renovated. It's bigger than what UConn needs right now (70K); but, putting a roof of the sidelines helped a lot.

View attachment 13179

You obviously haven't heard of Tennessee's "Volunteer Navy".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I've done that at West Point a bunch of times. It is an absolute blast.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

View attachment 13179

This is exactly what I am picturing in my head. Partial covering over the seating for those ninnies that think they are going to melt in the rain. As an added bonus, a partial roof might help the noise levels inside the stadium too. Capping the stadium at 55-60K won't seem like a big deal from a decibel level standpoint similar to Quest Field in Seattle. Makes 55K sound louder than 100K at other stadiums.

Reaction Score

View attachment 13179

That should be on everyone's CFB bucket list. Been there in the rain and n the sun. They know how to tailgate and the location and atmosphere is unique.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I am picturing in my head. Partial covering over the seating for those ninnies that think they are going to melt in the rain. As an added bonus, a partial roof might help the noise levels inside the stadium too. Capping the stadium at 55-60K won't seem like a big deal from a decibel level standpoint similar to Quest Field in Seattle. Makes 55K sound louder than 100K at other stadiums.
Let me know who has the political capital to get expansion done in the state anytime soon. Not happening with the massive budget deficits, layoffs and cutting of state agencies coming over the next two years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let me know who has the political capital to get expansion done in the state anytime soon. Not happening with the massive budget deficits, layoffs and cutting of state agencies coming over the next two years.
Expanding the Rent will be approved the same day we get into a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
As much as I enjoy ripping Harbaugh from time to time..this time on satellites he is 100% correct. Maximizing opportunities for kids

Aaron ‏@posas13 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire Problem is that his tone made the issue about him rather than the kids.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@posas13 Fine..he had the wrong tone...but at end of day why the ban on satellites? Why? There is logical reason

@posas13 Should Minnesota ban all outside non MN hockey camps from the massive amount of HCKY players who live in MN? Only hurts MN kids.

@posas13 The more I think about this issue...the more piss I get at the other conferences. Many kids can't make trips outside living area.

@posas13 That's not logical...that is emotion. The ban hurts the kids..not Harbaugh. How stupid. As childish Harbaugh acts ban is worse.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@posas13 I see no logical reason to ban if you are thinking about the kids. But SEC and others were not thinking about the kids...again

@posas13 Some poor kid from Baton Rouge who is not getting an offer from LSU who can't get to camps might be seen by PSU camp or UCLA camp

@posas13 JH didn't jail kids...yes he was an ass. But it was those who voted for ban did kids wrong. You are blaming wrong person

I watched @finebaum today take shots at JH..but again no logical reason why Ban was voted on...none. Finebaum avoided the duscussion

My impression of the SEC/ACC just got worse...didn't think they could. Amazing. Building walls around states to silence opportunities

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire or shorten vacations. Taking the lazy way out. Feel threatened. NCAA drops the ball...AGAIN. No surprise

@JonBCoker Pathetic. It really is... This ban was not for students. Disgraceful

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
Did Dabo Sweeny's contract reveal a future college football playoff expansion to more games?

Gotten a few pm's about this. Short answer is no.

But Clemson has structured the contract in the event that expansion of CFP happens.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
War has been declared. We have a two front battle that will be taking it to the NCAA and SEC

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
Game is getting hotter. Those who don't believe so be it don't follow, those who are trying to make money or name off info no more

cameron schade ‏@schadec15 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal let's not forget their little brother ACC

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@schadec15 Put a fork in the ACC.

Andy Hayes ‏@ahayes7 13m13 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal will this be hitting mainstream news soon?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 9m9 minutes ago
@ahayes7 some of it did today.

ME: the summer camp decision hitting them much harder than thought

Reaction Score
These camps have been held for years with minimal complaint. There were rules on the books to govern them. Harbaugh * on the rules and decided he would hold as many camps as he wanted wherever he wanted. When The SEC called him out on it, he basically told them to get bent. What did anyone think would happen? Unfortunately everything is slanted to benefit the schools and The NCAA not the prospective student athletes.

Flug is right on this. The NCAA is limiting potential opportunities for kids without the economic means to travel outside of the traditional official visit construct. Disadvantaged kids in The South who might have chose a Rutgers, UCONN, or Minnesota had they attended a regional camp, might end up choosing a lesser school like FIU, Southern Miss, or Memphis simply because they can visit it. Worse they might accept an "offer" to be the 32nd kid in a 25 person UT or Ole Miss Class. If they are good enough they can earn their scholarship. If not they are quietly processed then shipped off to some God forsaken southern junior college for "academic" reasons. Does The NCAA care about this practice? LOL...No.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do believe that they will fix an unintended consequence....they were attempting to stop Harbaugh and his ilk from setting up storefront recruiting shops (like the Army) in Tampa, Atlanta, Miami, etc.. Holding camps in Florida.

The practice of Ohio State inviting a MAC coach to their camp to look at recruits that Ohio state does not offer or of FSU inviting a FAMU or Bethune Cookman coach is a completely different matter...and I think that will be addressed.

Reaction Score
There were rules on the books to govern them. NCAA MEMBERS WITH AN AGENDA * on the rules and decided they would hold as many VOTES as they wanted wherever they wanted.

FIFY :)

Reaction Score
I'd have more patience with Michigan et al if not for the past. If they want southern exposure, play more southern teams in home and homes.

Michigan doesn't play in the south...FSU played 'em twice in the Big House and they would not return...same with Michigan State (2 games in Lansing), same with Ohio State (2 games in Columbus).

Michigan has not played away at an ACC nor SEC stadium.

And...the chance to do so may have passed, at least against some teams...Alabama, FSU, and others are planning to use neutral site games instead of home and homes...FSU gets $8,5 million for playing Ole Miss and Bama in the next two season opening classics and it is a business decision...Alabama has opened with a neutral site game every season since 2011.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd have more patience with Michigan et al if not for the past. If they want southern exposure, play more southern teams in home and homes.

Michigan doesn't play in the south...FSU played 'em twice in the Big House and they would not return...same with Michigan State (2 games in Lansing), same with Ohio State (2 games in Columbus).

Michigan has not played away at an ACC nor SEC stadium.

And...the chance to do so may have passed, at least against some teams...Alabama, FSU, and others are planning to use neutral site games instead of home and homes...FSU gets $8,5 million for playing Ole Miss and Bama in the next two season opening classics and it is a business decision...Alabama has opened with a neutral site game every season since 2011.

I don't think playing games down there is all that relevant. The camps allow players to essentially try out for scholarships, especially in areas far from campus. SEC and ACC teams want to prevent that so they get all the local guys.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's worse for the kids. I learned today that the MAC and other G5 schools would piggy back on these camps providing opportunities for kids that would never otherwise be seen by those schools short of on tape.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Maryland fan post reacting to Bluevod's tweets in which UConn and Cincy are G5 for eternity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom