Non-Key Tweets | Page 483 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I mean couldn't the Rent theoretically be expanded just about as big as anyone wanted? No shortage of space and parking there. Only hurdle would seem to be the town and building adequate access roads.

My view ... (excepting the long argument about it not being on campus) ... Rentschler is pretty ideal from an accessibility and locational and available acreage standpoint. It - like the NEW prospective LA Rams Stadium in Inglewood - has plenty of land to fully develop a mixed use ecosystem. Hotels and some restaurant/retail. The Stadium can get to 60,000 pretty easily; and I am not sure why you would want it bigger. The highway accessibility and overall ingress egress to East Hartford is pretty great. Plenty of room for added parking. Great.

Nippert?

It has some charm. Centerpoint of a campus. But ... it feels somewhat like the 1920s Stadium it is. Not modern concessions. Not comparable to the state-of-the-art we are used to elsewhere.

Reaction Score
It seems like the biggest challenge that UCONN faces regarding attendance is getting the students to buy into attending games off campus. Most P5/G5 Schools with off campus facilities face similar issues. I'm not sure there is a simple solution to this problem. Short of consistently winning a ton of games, it will never be easy to get college kids to commit to catching rides or taking a bus to arrive on time for pregame activities.

All the program can do is continue to build itself back up, and hope that fan interest follows. Obviously inclusion in P5 Conference would jump start everything. I've read the various threads about this topic on this site, and a lot of what you already have seems pretty good to me. Good sight lines, ample tailgating areas, reasonable traffic, good concessions and beer selections, and more than reasonably priced tickets, are all good selling points. From reading it sounds like they need work on game day presentation. Band programs are a bit understated, PA is annoying, DJ sucks etc. Those seem to be reasonably easy fixes. The bigger fix is obviously winning. Win more and people will want to be part of the event.

Reaction Score
Expanding Rentschler is easy without putting M a shocks in the ground as I have said MANY times before. Make the bench per seat area smaller...like every other big school stadium...then go with the expansion plan that is already approved to get to 55,000 and you can fit I say 10,000 to 15,000 more seats than that 55,000.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
You've got to be the laziest troll I've ever seen around here.

Bravo.

A troll who is a season ticket holder and a donor. I despise the Rent for a myriad of reasons. Nippert is dead in the middle of Cinci's campus and actually holds some history.

My statement has merit, and have no issue stating it will always be better than Rentschler, even if fanboys disagree without even a shout of a counter-argument. Expansion to 70k and B1G games would be fantastic, and I'd be at many of them, but East Hartford will always be a killer for me.

Last edited:

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score

Bravo.

That's why its not insane to think (even though I do not trust these twitter sources) that B12 schools could like Cinci's stadium proposal more. Would love for an actual constructive counter-argument that the immediate tears.

Reaction Score
A troll who is a season ticket holder and a donor. I despise the Rent for a myriad of reasons. Nippert is dead in the middle of Cinci's campus and actually holds some history.

My statement has merit, and have no issue stating it will always be better than Rentschler, even if fanboys disagree without even a shout of a counter-argument. Expansion to 70k and B1G games would be fantastic, and I'd be at many of them, but East Hartford will always be a killer for me.

Despise? Really? Harsh words from a so called fan.

I have so many great memories from the Rent I couldn't even fathom using despise as word to describe it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Bravo.
upload_2016-4-11_23-57-1.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's why its not insane to think (even though I do not trust these twitter sources) that B12 schools could like Cinci's stadium proposal more. Would love for an actual constructive counter-argument that the immediate tears.

Here is one: stadium proposals don't generate television money.

Why would a conference choose new partners based on stadium expansion proposals?

In about 10 years all these giant stadiums are going to seem silly when most schools can't fill them.

Reaction Score
Yeah, just awful. Great sight lines wherever you sit. Tons of great parking for tailgating. Reasonable pricing. Has the infrastructure to expand easily. Central location in our state with easy highway access. Let's hear your reasons why it's awful.

Reaction Score
Yeah, just awful. Great sight lines wherever you sit. Tons of great parking for tailgating. Reasonable pricing. Has the infrastructure to expand easily. Central location in our state with easy highway access. Let's hear your reasons why it's awful.
Uh. You get wet when it rains??? That's all I got.

Reaction Score
No complimentary lap dances from the cheerleaders

Damn, I was going to say "I can't see the stripper poles from my seats"...but you had to beat me to it.

The Rent isn't aesthetically beautiful, but it is pretty close to perfection when it comes to function.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This will all change if we go to the B12

As a former student at a Big XII (well, Big 8) school, the girls are pretty darned spectacular I must say.

My first semester in law school, my grad student apartment looked directly at the Pi Beta Phi house in Lawrence. There are hundreds of pictures on that facebook page. I moved to a better space, but I really missed the view.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There are only two things wrong with Rentschler Field. One can't be helped. It was built in East Hartford. I think students would be far more engaged and for longer if the stadium were on or adjacent to campus. The other is concession prices. Rentschler (and the XL Center for that matter) charges Major League prices for refreshments at "amateur" and minor league events.

Other than that, I think Rentschler's low profile is what gives it part of it's charm. It's wide open and there is not a bad seat in the house as far as sight lines. At a non-luxury seat capacity of about 36,000, Rentschler is basically the lower bowl of a pro stadium (Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, for example).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom