Non-Key Tweets | Page 482 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
So... About that new B1G TV deal... How big was it going to be again?

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV it's going to be ground breaking in how it's construed. That will decrease the upfront monetary value initially. Still 35 mill+

@NebGradDubDub Technically the B1G will get more than the SEC but only because the SEC was one of the first to redo theirs.

@NebGradDubDub The deep analytics hurt the B1G.

@NebGradDubDub Just like the ACC there's a cluster of schools with great ratings but then the bottom drops out. Maybe hockey can save it?

no1hellokittyfan ‏@Expansion_Crush 5h5 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV The Big Ten is making more from the BTN right now than theyate onthe T1 rights

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@Expansion_Crush What? That's not accurate. Do you know what T1 rights are and what BTN makes?

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush new B1G tv deal will be richest in college football. All other conferences will be light years behind B1G/SEC

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush Everybody leapfrogs everyone when they redo their contract. But you are off base.

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush each B1G school will receive $50M or more than every non-sec school over the life of the deal.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush Do you realize what B1G revenues from their deal would have to be for that to be true?

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush means an extra $700m over 10 years divided by 14 schools. That's nothing. B1G will double their current deal

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush That's crazy. Just crazy. Justify it. You can't. 10-15% increase just like everyone else.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush watch. Big 12, PAC 12 and acc will be left in the dust. Simple as that.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 26m26 minutes agoIrmo, SC
@hawkeyeND @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush I agree with Chris, they will get 15-20% increase which is still huge in the scheme of things.

@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush Not happening. You guys are going to be very, very disappointed.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush wanna bet? The deal will dwarf the tiny big 12, PAC-12, and acc deals, and will be richer than sec.

@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush Yes. I bet you it's 10-15% more than what it is now.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush trust me, it will be significantly more.

istopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush You don't understand the forces that govern these contracts or how past history affects them.

@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush Trust me... it will not be. The SEC is the most valuable property in college sports... end of story.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush B1G and SEC lapping the other conferences. Not even close.

@hawkeyeND @Expansion_Crush Watch...You Big Ten guys amaze me with your conceit. Unbelievable.

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 57m57 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush gap will only grow. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25417211/inside-college-sports-sec-big-ten-dominate-100m-revenue-club…

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 54m54 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush and another one http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/29/sec-network-big-ten-revenue-gap…

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
I'm not saying it's happening but I'm also not saying it isn't being discussed.

That about covers it, I think.

Think about how this could be applied to say, real world reporting.

Paul Ryan to be nominated at the GOP convention if Trump doesn't get 1237 delegates? I'm not saying it's happening but I'm also not saying it isn't being discussed.

Peace treaty and normalized relations between Israel and Iran? I'm not saying it's happening but I'm also not saying it isn't being discussed.

Elon Musk to build a hyperdrive spaceship that can travel to Alpha Centauri in under a week? I'm not saying it's happening but I'm also not saying it isn't being discussed.

Reaction Score
@Expansion_Crush Any B1G rumor that involves a school that's not AAU status is automatically FALSE.

@theDudeofWV unless it's ND.........yeah you're right. ND will never be B1G

@Expansion_Crush ND is not AAU by choice. The B1G passed on FSU once before because of AAU status. I didn't think Delaney was that stupid.

Shawn ‏@McCoyShawn13 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush False. ND is not AAU because they are not a research institution. Will never be AAU. Great undergrad, no grad

@theDudeofWV the Big Ten interested in Florida unless it's spring break or recruiting season

@Expansion_Crush The Gators are AAU right? UF is NEVER leaving the SEC nor would they consider it.

@theDudeofWV I've read that rumor too

@Expansion_Crush Seriously? Wow!

@theDudeofWV I could look it up but it's an old rumor.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Florida Gators AAU (1985)

no1hellokittyfan ‏@Expansion_Crush 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV there isn't a school in North America that hasn'tbeen rumored to be headed tothe bigten

@Expansion_Crush The profit potential for conferences already at 14 doesn't seem to support further expansion that doesn't include ND or UT.

no1hellokittyfan ‏@Expansion_Crush 4h4 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV that's another reason why we're stuck at 14 and hopefully fora long long time

@theDudeofWV and as long as they're not interested conferences will hold a spot hoping that they might change their mind.

@theDudeofWV I think it only made the rumor circuit because they're AAU. In 2010 B1G expansionists had every AAU school in the B1G

@Expansion_Crush Buffalo? You know where I could go with that...

@theDudeofWV Yup, we both heard that. MIT and Cornell has a better chance

@Expansion_Crush In my opinion the most profitable moves for a few conferences would be contraction back to 12.

@theDudeofWV how many fans already rue lost rivalries. and it's only 4 years in. Going to 16 would be a mistake

@Expansion_Crush Many, many in the SEC have told me they regret going to 14.

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 5h5 hours ago
@UConnTrademark I already know the answer but for the benefit of others it is UConn over UCONN yes? @theDudeofWV

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@gampel_2_msg @UConnTrademark So why do I see it as UCONN all the time?

@theDudeofWV @UConnTrademark because people choose to ignore it I guess?

@gampel_2_msg @UConnTrademark When used in written format, as opposed to as a wordmark, UConn should appear as UConn, not UCONN.

@gampel_2_msg @UConnTrademark I disagree...UCONN is stronger therefore I will continue to use it.

@gampel_2_msg @UConnTrademark UCONN is only capitalized in the wordmark system

@theDudeofWV if it was an acronym than the O N N would stand for something

@theDudeofWV sorry it's just a pet peeve of mine

@gampel_2_msg UCONN is by far the stronger mark than UConn.

@theDudeofWV maybe it is. I dunno at the end of the day it doesn't matter but thought I could shed some light on the subject

@gampel_2_msg Indeed. Thanks.

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I'll even give you this; hung up at my work desk

Cfh41ulWsAY2K6p.jpg

@gampel_2_msg UCONN is just more natural and stronger than UConn.

@Bluevodreal You are invited to join the CFB expansion group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574964402819108/… if you abide by the rules.

ME: Ohhh, he's calling out Bluevod by name now. He wants to teach him how to 'shine correctly! :D

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 17h17 hours ago
Hmm Big10 and ESPN may be playing this perfectly.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 17h17 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Is Fox still involved?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago
@CGreen63 yes so is CBS, NBC

Tobi_Sports ‏@Tobi_Sports 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Could you expand on the pac-10 potential involvement, please? Scheduling agreements or potential hitching their tv to the btn?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@Tobi_Sports talk of both but not sure how far it has gone. Leverage more TV $$

Reaction Score
Oh baby. We are in a the B1G now. Lambert says Rumor about non AAU school joining is false.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thank god the Dude took all his drivel to Facebook... That lasted like a day?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
UConn or UCONN.

I think Mr. Big Red has settled that one from the start.

Reaction Score
Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 13h13 hours ago
@theDudeofWV it's going to be ground breaking in how it's construed. That will decrease the upfront monetary value initially. Still 35 mill+

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13h13 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub The deep analytics hurt the B1G.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV actually, deep analytics are helping it. Very educated wealthy alumni in comparison to the south which is the opposite

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV advertising on a x-y axis 101. It makes SEC and B10 virtually even to advertisers and networks.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8h8 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub Wrong. You are confusing network dollars with broadcast fees on OTA networks.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV advertising to people with money vs more people with less money = no net gain.

@theDudeofWV B10 is the only conference that can reach population + alumni/education level/wealth. SEC can't do that. ESPN needs the B10

@theDudeofWV the B10 is the only conference that doesn't "need" ESPN. It's the ND of conferences.

Michael Spath‏@Spath_Wolverine
Don't worry HS recruits, the SEC will over-sign by 20 instead of 15 going forward to make sure you have a chance to play college ball.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago
Bluevod Retweeted Michael Spath

It is not over :) Soon checkmate.

Reaction Score
Homer‏@homerdance
@frankthetank111 so is the continued narrative from ESPN that the B1G is weak a sign of new network partners?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 Apr 7
Frank the Tank Retweeted Homer

Disagree w/ ESPN narrative, and even then, on-air commentary is irrelevant re: TV rights. (See Clay Travis on Fox.)

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 Apr 7
Frank the Tank Retweeted Homer

Would still guess ESPN and Fox will end up splitting most of Big Ten rights. ESPN exposure still matters to B1G.

Ralph D. Russo ‏@ralphDrussoAP Apr 7
@frankthetank111 NFL model for Big Ten if it can pull it off. Multiple partners. Multiple packages. Hello Thursday night B1G football.

Brett McMurphyVerified account‏@McMurphyESPN
Source told @ESPN conferences that voted against satellite camps: ACC, Big 12, SEC, Pac-12, MWC, Sun Belt. In favor: B1G, AAC, C-USA, MAC

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 Apr 8
Frank the Tank Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Not a shocker. The conferences with more northern schools were hammered.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
The quiet Big 12... Is it the quiet of the lull just before a big storm hits? Or the quiet of backroom deals being made?

One thing is certain... The Big 12 is very interested in the rights model the Big Ten is trying to implement.

But is the rights model the B1G is trying to sell one of opportunity or necessity? More opportunity for Big Ten but also more risk.

Would the B1G & B12 be better off with the networks as distributors or as partners?

The structure of the B1G's new deal could be the blueprint for the Big 12. But the Big 12 has always resisted change & been risk adverse?

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 3h3 hours ago Old Romney, England
@theDudeofWV What is ETA of decision or no decision?

@HabibHaddad Well, they could decide to wait & see how the B1G makes out. They can have a CCG with 10 & delay a network & expansion.

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 3h3 hours agoOld Romney, England
@theDudeofWV I'm with you. Sit back, watch, listen and wait for the right time. No rush.

@HabibHaddad My opinion is the B12 lacks a strong central leader with the conferences best interests so a partnership with the networks best

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 2h2 hours agoOld Romney, England
@theDudeofWV OL would have been much better than BB in that and other regards.

@HabibHaddad Yes. The discussions among B12 presidents has already begun.

@theDudeofWV Messrs. Boren, Gee and Starr are powerful figures whose opinions should be heard in that room. As you say, it's all about data.

@HabibHaddad I would rather wait a year & get it right. Even if that means a CCG with 10 once.

The Bad Guy ‏@snoopdoug44 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad a championship game after a ten team round-robin is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of

@snoopdoug44 @HabibHaddad For one year? They know they have to expand. They can wait until they know the best model for a network.

@theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad only if there is a road to expansion. But last year OU and OSU would have played back to back games #Insane

@snoopdoug44 @theDudeofWV Think we all agree on that one, snoop.

@HabibHaddad @snoopdoug44 Because if the tentative B1G models looks like it works it may change expansion criteria for the B12.

@theDudeofWV @snoopdoug44 And time is on our side that way and possibly in the availability of future members.

@theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad wait and start the title game later then

@snoopdoug44 @theDudeofWV More than likely what will happen.

@snoopdoug44 @HabibHaddad Gotta give Boren something. Amazing he's been so quiet. But he & Gee have won either way.

@theDudeofWV @snoopdoug44 Those folks are operating at altitudes we mortals can only dream about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes a mere mortal couldn't possibly add TCU or Louisville to a league. Nevermind 0-300 Boston College or Rutgers. It takes quite a mind to pull those things off.

Reaction Score
Rumors about an impending B1G raid are false. All of them.

Dan ‏@MartinisNCognac 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV A certain someone has them raiding the Pac12 this week

UHCougar07 ‏@UHCougar07 4h4 hours agoHeath, TX
@MartinisNCognac @theDudeofWV who is that?

Dan ‏@MartinisNCognac 3h3 hours ago
@UHCougar07 @theDudeofWV Starts with an M and ends with a 3

@MartinisNCognac @UHCougar07 Then you guys should know better.

Dan ‏@MartinisNCognac 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @UHCougar07 I'm in it for the entertainment value

ME: Last tweet says it all! :D :p

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Shawn ‏@McCoyShawn13 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV@Expansion_Crush False. ND is not AAU because they are not a research institution. Will never be AAU. Great undergrad, no grad
Damn, my friend with a law degree from Notre Dame is gonna be BS when I tell him about this.

He means that they don't have significant graduate research programs that could lead to AAU status. He's correct. Law Schools don't do anything for AAU status. Twitter is character limited, so will never be precise.

Reaction Score
Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 20h20 hours ago
@Bluevodreal I remember ESPN tried to discourage Delany from starting BTN. Delany didn't stop and Fox came as a partner

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 10h10 hours ago
@CGreen63 a lot has changed since then. ESPN does not want to partner on a conference network they WANT and NEED it on their channels.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 10h10 hours ago
@Bluevodreal How has it changed?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 9h9 hours ago
@CGreen63 ESPN does not want any part of a conference nework to risky and does not show their brand. They have to have content on their Net.

@CGreen63 ESPN is also struggling with cable and cord cutters. They have to have College football content or they have nothing.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 ESPN without those 11am games would see a drop in millions for viewership. Would be a devastating blow to lose B1G

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 If NBC gets B1G, major shift in football viewership away from ESPN by millions of TV sets.

@Genetics56 @CGreen63 They will not loose the bid they can not afford it. See why adding teams in Expansion makes sense? 1 contract not two.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @CGreen63 so does these teams get added to B1G before new media deal?

@JonBCoker @Genetics56 @CGreen63 Sorry read it wrong. Do not know but they would be part of the new deal.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 8h8 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @JonBCoker @CGreen63 new deal would be in place before the expansion but terms would be put in to account for the expansion

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 8h8 hours ago
@Genetics56 @JonBCoker @CGreen63 Correct.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
So part of the research available to B12 includes plans for expanded stadiums for the G5 schools we are looking at.

The most impressive of them I'm told is Cincy's. I haven't seen it but was told it has great aesthetics.

Uconns was also quite impressive. They have room to expand all the way to 70k+ if the demand was ever there.

Was told research on the B12N regarding adding P5 schools should be in sometime this week. If I hear anything I will post it here.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 does UConn offer wrestling ?

@pfac51 I'm pretty sure Uconn does. Not sure on Cincy.

skymiddle ‏@skymiddle1985 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 BYU has a big enough stadium now. Big12 is stupid if they don't take the University that offers everything.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@skymiddle1985 you are preaching to the choir.

Reaction Score
So part of the research available to B12 includes plans for expanded stadiums for the G5 schools we are looking at.

The most impressive of them I'm told is Cincy's. I haven't seen it but was told it has great aesthetics.

Uconns was also quite impressive. They have room to expand all the way to 70k+ if the demand was ever there.

Was told research on the B12N regarding adding P5 schools should be in sometime this week. If I hear anything I will post it here.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 does UConn offer wrestling ?

@pfac51 I'm pretty sure Uconn does. Not sure on Cincy.

skymiddle ‏@skymiddle1985 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 BYU has a big enough stadium now. Big12 is stupid if they don't take the University that offers everything.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@skymiddle1985 you are preaching to the choir.

UConn does not offer varsity wrestling. A quick trip to UConnHuskies.com would have confirmed that.

It's this kind of basic stuff that makes you know these guys are full of it.

Reaction Score
Nippert is almost 100 years old and I'm pretty sure they were putting in an addition last year and it was pretty difficult to circumvent the old infrastructure. Wondering how it would be the most impressive stadium in terms of expansion.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Nippert is almost 100 years old and I'm pretty sure they were putting in an addition last year and it was pretty difficult to circumvent the old infrastructure. Wondering how it would be the most impressive stadium in terms of expansion.

No matter what it's better than Rentschler

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom