Non-Key Tweets | Page 481 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Umm, Mr. Ver... The NCAA already allows football only leagues. Look up Pioneer Football League.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 8h8 hours ago
Ok I got clarity this is not about BTN ( deal is place until 2026) and growing rev huge every year with more eyeballs, B10 TV deal up.

So by adding 6 teams it wins both ways adding more rev to BTN deal and stronger rightS for $ ESPN/ABC Fox and more

Jim Morchak ‏@jmorch9 7h7 hours ago
@Bluevodreal is ND now going to factor into expansion or are they still holding out?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago
@jmorch9 sounds like their in only question FB.

@Bluevodreal is a non-football member an option??

@jmorch9 I would think not but as of now do not know for sure.

andrewhfine ‏@andrewhfine 8h8 hours ago
@Bluevodreal But again,what 6 schools can you add that will each increase BTN revs by $30M/school?

@andrewhfine it is not just BTN but the rights of other networks like ESPN to carry your games. Expectation is to triple Rev.

Ethan VL ‏@Orey222 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Six teams from one or multiple conferences?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@Orey222 all ACC

Second source confirmed almost word for word of Expansion.

Brian ‏@brianknoper 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Time table? Or TBA?

@brianknoper TBA. But I would say by summer at this point. May see some lawsuits first.

JJudman ‏@jj1180 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal what about the $50 million buyouts for the ACC teams you listed will make the move?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@jj1180 Told no teeth to the GOR.

Mike Lew ‏@SweetnessMLew 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal how many teams is your source saying?

@SweetnessMLew 6

Adam Brick ‏@abrick23 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal what happened with Tex and OU?

@abrick23 Texas either said no or it was a headfake.

Scott Holzworth ‏@FMWolverine 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Shalom. Are we talking (4) 5-team divisions?

@FMWolverine Told 2 10 team divisions.

andrewhfine ‏@andrewhfine 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Not sure I'm buying that with ESPN already on the hook for too many rights fees and cable subs dipping 7% a year

@andrewhfine They can not afford not to. Watch them make cuts elsewhere at Disney. You bring the 6 teams in the money makes sense for ESPN.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal As a total hypothetical, Clemson, Miami, and Louisville make the move to the Big 12 if these moves come to fruition

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@CGreen63 don't know who but was told Big12 would cherry pick leftovers from ACC.

@Bluevodreal If these moves from to fruition, it will help UCONN and hurt BYU and Cincy. Houston would be stuck in the American

@CGreen63 it would great a domino effect and musical chairs and you better grab a seat before music stops.

@Bluevodreal Correct. Clemson, Miami, and Louisville will be alright

@Bluevodreal Pitt and Syracuse better do some serious politicking

@Bluevodreal Could also see Pitt and Syracuse jumping to the Big 12 with NC State and VA Tech going to the SEC

@CGreen63 it has been said 4 super leagues with 20 teams and a new governing body that NCAA can't touch.

@Bluevodreal Hmm. Well BYU and Cincy could be help by this but I still think Houston will be left in the cold

Greg Welch ‏@ArtDirectorBYU 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Pioneerloft Always love rumors. Divisions seems like a problem. You can't split Ohio and Michigan. Maybe Purdue goes with ND.

@ArtDirectorBYU @Pioneerloft They will never split Michigan and Ohio State but heard maybe MSU.

Tyler ‏@Pioneerloft 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @ArtDirectorBYU Who are the 6 teams?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@Pioneerloft @ArtDirectorBYU VA,NC,Duke,GT, FSU and ND.

rick dunaway ‏@rickdun 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal so when will there be a pressconfrence

@rickdun not a done deal but heard shooting for summer.

Maized&Confused ‏@MaizedConfused 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Do you go to a 10 or 11 game conference schedule? 9 division 1 or 2 crossovers. 1 or 2 out of conference? Crazy possibilities

@MaizedConfused I was told 9 conference games no cross over games and assuring Championship game is not a repeat.

@Bluevodreal I doubt that Simply b/c if the new footprint is going to open the southern recruiting grounds they will need to play down there

@MaizedConfused gets them Flordia

@Bluevodreal @Pioneerloft Also, kind of hard to believe that there are six other ACC schools more valuable than Clemson, but who knows?

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 3h3 hours ago
@ArtDirectorBYU @Bluevodreal @Pioneerloft South Carolina won't allow Clemson in the SEC. Never. Clemson's best bet would be Big 12

@CGreen63 @ArtDirectorBYU @Pioneerloft it is going to Bat crazy once the first domino falls.

Heath Murray ‏@heathmurray18 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal who we lookin at...uva,gt,fsu,unc,nd,tex, duke?

Heath Murray ‏@heathmurray18 8h8 hours ago
@Bluevodreal will be surprised if unc and duke would come w/out nc st

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@heathmurray18 if never heard them mentioned and it sounds like the 6 mentioned are narrowing in on a deal. I think FSU might be the first.

Mark Moore ‏@automaize 44m44 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @jj1180 sorry brain not working, what's GOR?

Mark Moore ‏@automaize 37m37 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @jj1180 grant of rights. Figured it out. Thanks!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1m1 minute ago
@automaize @jj1180 yes the first one deemed void if they did not create ACCN. They are not then the ACC wanted those 6 schools to resign

Damian A. Garbero ‏@damianagarbero 7h7 hours ago
@MH ver3 What does your insider think of BYU's tv network and BYU's followers throughout the country especially in the west?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@damianagarbero he has said before that BYU should be a no brainier. Legitimate west coast presence for B12

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 @damianagarbero false. It's 700 miles from Provo to L.A. Comparison, Bama to IU= 500 miles. Would IU draw interest in Tuscaloosa??

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 4h4 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa @MH ver3 @damianagarbero do you guys know how many Mormons live in CA, AZ & NV. Not all them BYU fans but it will surprise.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 4h4 hours ago
@Martyaborg @MH ver3 @damianagarbero Mormons are everywhere. Globally. BYU still doesn't give the B12 a west coast prescence.

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 3h3 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa @MH ver3 @damianagarbero I would respectfully disagree.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
@damianagarbero their network could be a snag with B12N being worked on. Wouldn't be an issue with current tier 3 setup.

Reaction Score
Ok I got clarity this is not about BTN ( deal is place until 2026) and growing rev huge every year with more eyeballs, B10 TV deal up.

*snip*
Lots of crazy here. That said, it's all anchored by the "4 20-team superconferences that can't be touched by the NCAA" idea, which has always had a big of legitimacy in my eyes.

The problem? Paying fealty to the NCAA is a useful "get out of paying athletes" trump card to play these days.

Reaction Score
I love that this clown shoe Bluevod matter of fact states we are headed to (4) 20 Team Conferences but never proposes how The Pac 12 is going to add 8 schools from either The MWC or CUSA that somehow magically will not dilute their revenue stream.

I can see it now, Larry Scott walks to the microphone at The PAC's Big press conference.

Scott- "Join me in welcoming the next 8 Members of The PAC Conference: Houston, SMU, New Mexico, Boise State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV and Colorado State."

An audible murmur is heard coming from the crowd.

Scott- "No I will not check the flipping list again. I G-Damn wrote it, that's the list."

An audible gasp is heard coming from the crowd followed by a massive thud from The Stanford People passing out and hitting the floor.

Reaction Score
These people either have quite the imagination or have "sources" laughing as they yank their chains.

Reaction Score

So by adding 6 teams it wins both ways adding more rev to BTN deal and stronger rightS for $ ESPN/ABC Fox and more

@Bluevodreal is ND now going to factor into expansion or are they still holding out?

@jmorch9 sounds like their in only question FB.

@Bluevodreal is a non-football member an option??

@jmorch9 I would think not but as of now do not know for sure.

andrewhfine ‏@andrewhfine 8h8 hours ago
@Bluevodreal But again,what 6 schools can you add that will each increase BTN revs by $30M/school?

@andrewhfine it is not just BTN but the rights of other networks like ESPN to carry your games. Expectation is to triple Rev.

Ethan VL ‏@Orey222 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Six teams from one or multiple conferences?

@Orey222 all ACC

Second source confirmed almost word for word of Expansion.

Brian ‏@brianknoper 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Time table? Or TBA?

@brianknoper TBA. But I would say by summer at this point. May see some lawsuits first.

JJudman ‏@jj1180 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal what about the $50 million buyouts for the ACC teams you listed will make the move?

@jj1180 Told no teeth to the GOR.

Mike Lew ‏@SweetnessMLew 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal how many teams is your source saying?

@SweetnessMLew 6

Adam Brick ‏@abrick23 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal what happened with Tex and OU?

@abrick23 Texas either said no or it was a headfake.

Scott Holzworth ‏@FMWolverine 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Shalom. Are we talking (4) 5-team divisions?

@FMWolverine Told 2 10 team divisions.

andrewhfine ‏@andrewhfine 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Not sure I'm buying that with ESPN already on the hook for too many rights fees and cable subs dipping 7% a year

@andrewhfine They can not afford not to. Watch them make cuts elsewhere at Disney. You bring the 6 teams in the money makes sense for ESPN.

@Bluevodreal As a total hypothetical, Clemson, Miami, and Louisville make the move to the Big 12 if these moves come to fruition

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@CGreen63 don't know who but was told Big12 would cherry pick leftovers from ACC.

@Bluevodreal If these moves from to fruition, it will help UCONN and hurt BYU and Cincy. Houston would be stuck in the American

@CGreen63 it would great a domino effect and musical chairs and you better grab a seat before music stops.

@Bluevodreal Correct. Clemson, Miami, and Louisville will be alright

@Bluevodreal Pitt and Syracuse better do some serious politicking

@Bluevodreal Could also see Pitt and Syracuse jumping to the Big 12 with NC State and VA Tech going to the SEC

@CGreen63 it has been said 4 super leagues with 20 teams and a new governing body that NCAA can't touch.

@Bluevodreal Hmm. Well BYU and Cincy could be help by this but I still think Houston will be left in the cold

@Bluevodreal @Pioneerloft Always love rumors. Divisions seems like a problem. You can't split Ohio and Michigan. Maybe Purdue goes with ND.

@ArtDirectorBYU @Pioneerloft They will never split Michigan and Ohio State but heard maybe MSU.

Tyler ‏@Pioneerloft 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @ArtDirectorBYU Who are the 6 teams?

@Pioneerloft @ArtDirectorBYU VA,NC,Duke,GT, FSU and ND.

rick dunaway ‏@rickdun 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal so when will there be a pressconfrence

@rickdun not a done deal but heard shooting for summer.

@Bluevodreal Do you go to a 10 or 11 game conference schedule? 9 division 1 or 2 crossovers. 1 or 2 out of conference? Crazy possibilities

@MaizedConfused I was told 9 conference games no cross over games and assuring Championship game is not a repeat.

@Bluevodreal I doubt that Simply b/c if the new footprint is going to open the southern recruiting grounds they will need to play down there

@MaizedConfused gets them Flordia

@Bluevodreal @Pioneerloft Also, kind of hard to believe that there are six other ACC schools more valuable than Clemson, but who knows?

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 3h3 hours ago
@ArtDirectorBYU @Bluevodreal @Pioneerloft South Carolina won't allow Clemson in the SEC. Never. Clemson's best bet would be Big 12

@CGreen63 @ArtDirectorBYU @Pioneerloft it is going to Bat crazy once the first domino falls.

Heath Murray ‏@heathmurray18 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal who we lookin at...uva,gt,fsu,unc,nd,tex, duke?

Heath Murray ‏@heathmurray18 8h8 hours ago
@Bluevodreal will be surprised if unc and duke would come w/out nc st

@heathmurray18 if never heard them mentioned and it sounds like the 6 mentioned are narrowing in on a deal. I think FSU might be the first.

Mark Moore ‏@automaize 44m44 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @jj1180 sorry brain not working, what's GOR?

Mark Moore ‏@automaize 37m37 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @jj1180 grant of rights. Figured it out. Thanks!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1m1 minute ago
@automaize @jj1180 yes the first one deemed void if they did not create ACCN. They are not then the ACC wanted those 6 schools to resign

Damian A. Garbero ‏@damianagarbero 7h7 hours ago
@MH ver3 What does your insider think of BYU's tv network and BYU's followers throughout the country especially in the west?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@damianagarbero he has said before that BYU should be a no brainier. Legitimate west coast presence for B12

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 @damianagarbero false. It's 700 miles from Provo to L.A. Comparison, Bama to IU= 500 miles. Would IU draw interest in Tuscaloosa??

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 4h4 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa @MH ver3 @damianagarbero do you guys know how many Mormons live in CA, AZ & NV. Not all them BYU fans but it will surprise.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 4h4 hours ago
@Martyaborg @MH ver3 @damianagarbero Mormons are everywhere. Globally. BYU still doesn't give the B12 a west coast prescence.

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 3h3 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa @MH ver3 @damianagarbero I would respectfully disagree.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
@damianagarbero their network could be a snag with B12N being worked on. Wouldn't be an issue with current tier 3 setup.
I'm to the point where I hope it's true. Let's get the party started
9325497.jpg

Reaction Score
Bryan Stow ‏@misterstow 6h6 hours ago
@MH ver3 uconn, cincy, temple, usf to B12 = sh it ton of eyeballs & talented recruiting ground & good ball

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 48m48 minutes ago
@misterstow temple would make sense if adding Uconn to bridge the gap. But if ACC collapses you get Pitt and the BackYardBrawl

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal how credible are your two sources on this B1G expansion info? I really want this too happen for many reasons

@JonBCoker very very. One works for Fox and the other ESPN at high level. Plus my buddy is connected big time and confirmed.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal sure would be nice. Being a PSU guy in GA. Get to see B1G teams more often down here

@JonBCoker it will give them a huge presence national. There is still talk of a Pac 12 and Big 10 hook up for these tv deals.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal I can see B1G ads during Nascar on FOX.Or during NFL telecasts, even MLB games.Like you said, more prominent national presence

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 43m43 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @automaize @jj1180 could the BIG10 try and get more for their network with the extra quality schools that they would get.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 35m35 minutes ago
@mcgoblue @automaize @jj1180 they will by advertising spend in new markets plus brands that want to touch a big footprint. Allows to raise

Reaction Score
My cats name is Dublin...

Dublin...Irish
Ohio...Ohio State
Ohio state...Big 10

UConn and Notre Dame to the Big 10
A new variation of 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Conspiracy Kitty says:
What a week! I think I'm going to get myself a Frosty.... and maybe some chili, it's a long ride home.

Boatshow says:

Dublin...Irish
Ohio...Ohio State
Ohio state...Big 10

Kevin Bacon Says:
Dublin is the world headquarters of Wendy's and Urban Meyers lives across the street from UC1995 (gated part obviously)! The web is connecting everywhere!
imgres.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm going to straight punch you in the throat if you keep posting Bluevod nonsense.

For a guy who supposedly once did have Michigan football connections, his stuff is the most nutty of all.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 15m15 minutes ago
TV-related revenue for 2017-18,on a per-school basis: SEC: $35.6 million Big Ten: $33 million (8 mil BTN/25 mil Tier1) Pac12: $22.95 million

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/718508682938576896… I'm seeing lots of crazy numbers being thrown (low & high) on what to expect from new Big10 TV media deal.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago
TV related Revenue for Big10 after new Tier 1 deal starting in 2017 will have schools reach a level of 33 mil..45 mil after all Conf payouts

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
B1G schools only receive about 14 mil each right now on their old 2006 Contract...it's the BTN $ (pure TV only) that has kept B1G up in cash

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10m10 minutes ago
Now the 33 mil (25 mil on new tier 1 contract) will rise..those numbers only are for 2017 ( projected) If B1G doubles 2006 contract?...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
...if B1G doubles old contract then numbers go to approx 36 mil in TV related revenue (only)...48-49 mil per school on full Conf payout

Of course new B1G TV contract is going to be much more than 10-15% of current Contract. And it's not going to get tripled either....

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
Many people on Twitter get all these numbers screwed up because they get their apples and oranges all screwed up...so be careful.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago
What the B1G will succeed in doing (besides double or near double $) is more exposure..better platforms. Example: no more ESPNU.

Kevin Hagemeier ‏@KevinHagemeier 19m19 minutes ago
@flugempire 2017-2018 will be under the new TV deal. Is this right? I think legacy B1G members have payouts around $35 million in 16-17

@KevinHagemeier Actually you may be correct..because B1G have been receiving more payout vs past projections Example: 1mil BTN profit share

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago
My point is...well....most people actually have no clue what B1G schools are receiving from ESON/ABC deal right now (2006) Clue: not much

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
I would highly suggest people be prepared that the Big Ten gets doubled on 2006 deal..or shade under. Not triple...not 10-15%..how stupid

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18s19 seconds ago
If the Big Ten only received a 10-15% increase from last contract they would receive less than B12 schools in tier 1 money in 2017.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire now2 minutes ago
It's very difficult to explain all this on Twitter... But let's keep in simple. B1G TV only $ starting in 2017 - 33-36 mil per school.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire now1 minute ago
And that number will only rise through the length of the contract which is the gap Boren and others are concerned about...

Mr. Belvedere ‏@brocktoon73 14m14 minutes ago
@flugempire what about this talk of adding six acc teams? Legit or nonsense?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
@brocktoon73 ACC GOR is real....however GOR's have teeth vs 1 or 2 schools trying to bolt. But implosion is another deal. We've heard nada

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Ok so I'm good to actually mention the Big10 by name again.

And I can finally share some things I've been quietly sitting on.

Pac12 network has been a disaster. No secret there. But would distribution improve if the BTN and Fox jointly purchased 50% of it?

I'm not saying it's happening but I'm also not saying it isn't being discussed.

I do know there is much unrest in P12 regarding their failed network and if something doesn't happen soon look for some to leave after GOR

eric maier ‏@maiereric 8m8 minutes ago
@MH ver3 where are they going? Come on man

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2m2 minutes ago
@maiereric couldn't tell you. I just know there are rumblings.

And I have heard that B10 wants to keep Pac12 strong due to Rose Bowl and history

As it stands now only ucla,usc,cal, and Oregon truly pull their weight in ratings. And cal is slipping.

What if the Big10 were to expand to 20 and then not stop?

What if their end game was a coast to coast entity that included 2 conferences ?

An eastern B10 and a central/pacific PAC12(trimmed of some fat)?

In that scenario what do schools like Utah, Washington state, Arizona St, Oregon state, and maybe even Cal bring to the table(cont)

(Cont) when that table relies on a model that only needs the flagship state schools to produce revenue and maximize profits?

mdmost ‏@mdmost 3h3 hours ago
@mh ver3 Ha ha. This should scare you WVU people the most because the Big 10 might want Texas, OU, and others in the Pac 12.

@mdmost WVU would be fine if the B12 fails. I have that on the best authority

Marion ‏@Rossjc4 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 you forgot colorado

@Rossjc4 they are an iffy one. Population is relatively small but they do help bridge the gap geographically

Marion ‏@Rossjc4 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 are you saying Utah isn't the flagship school of Utah... Ouch

@Rossjc4 they aren't but the issue with them is population.

The BTN revenue model does have a ceiling for profitability and having too many mouths to feed would become a drain.

They would take Duke to get UNC because the bball ratings would be a windfall

In a Pac12 merger scenario they would take 2 schools in Cali because of the state size and ucla and usc have huge followings.

It just doesn't remain as profitable if you add Stanford and Cal.

Again I'm not saying that this going to happen. Just that it's been discussed.

Dan ‏@MartinisNCognac 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 The Pac12 Networks problem has never been distribution, it's the Time zone they play in.

@MartinisNCognac no it's a lot of both.

But back to earth and less hypothetical discussions, the B10 is spitefully trying to gut the ACC.

The ACC reached out to a few B10 schools about leaving B10 and joining them just this past fall.

This is how swofford works.

And it's why B10 totally blocked ACC plans for restructuring who could play in a CCG.

ACC went hunting with a bb-gun, got embarrassed, and pisses off Delaney.

I thought the rumors of them going after B10 schools was a joke but have had it corroborated by many different sources since.

This summer should be very interesting. It could be a bloodbath.

But swofford is crafty and has dodged these bullets before. Perhaps he can again.

He has a silver tongue that makes board members at large institutions appear to have the naive intellect of a 5 year old.

But I still believe the B12 makes the first move this summer. Most likely by inviting Uconn and Cincy adding a network and a CCG.

ScoBro ‏@scobro1 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 why would B12 add Cincy and UConn when ACC schools may be in play in a year if GOR challenged?

@scobro1 to get a profit all network to make them attractive to those ACC schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom