Non-Key Tweets | Page 479 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Indulging the lunacy for a minute, but if the American lost 4 schools how would the conference be in a stronger position to raid the MWC than vice-versa?

Hypothetically, say the 4 schools are UConn, Cincy, Memphis and UCF. You're telling me that the remaining conference is in a position to steal four programs from the MWC?

I think the more likely scenario in that case is that Houston, SMU and Tulsa go to the MWC. Temple, USF Tulane and ECU go to the MAC or Conference USA.

Reaction Score
Welp, here's a test for Flug's accuracy. If ASU announces the B1G hockey move next week we've got ourselves someone with legitimate connections. There has been no other direct chatter as to a date and definitively that they will make the move to the B1G, just lots of speculation.

Reaction Score
To be fair to the author, I thought basements are mainly a Northeastern thing? I've heard that the South and Midwest usually build on slabs or crawlspaces. I'm overthinking this.

You're definitely overthinking this. Midwest homes almost always have basements (tornado alley.)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
To be fair to the author, I thought basements are mainly a Northeastern thing? I've heard that the South and Midwest usually build on slabs or crawlspaces. I'm overthinking this.

Most houses in Michigan have basements.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You're definitely overthinking this. Midwest homes almost always have basements (tornado alley.)

Basements do seem to vanish as you move further south...especially newer construction. Anyplace cold enough to need a proper boiler for heat usually has a basement. Almost no basements in CA.

Reaction Score

Many homes in Indiana do not have a basement. I believe that is because much of Indiana was once marshland, and the water table is still quite high in many places.

Reaction Score
MH at work....
a-man-passing-electricity-through-his-body.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Most houses in Michigan have basements.

The Great Boneyard Basement Debate of 2016

Can't wait to tell future boneyarders about today.

I'm about to flip y'all completely on your heads: I live in Connecticut and my house is on a slab. BOOM.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm about to flip y'all completely on your heads: I live in Connecticut and my house is on a slab. BOOM.

I know of tons of CT houses on slabs. Most of them built right after the war.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 26m26 minutes ago
Finally got the go to share this

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 25m25 minutes ago
So Boren has drummed up enough support to get a vote of no confidence in Bowlsby

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 25m25 minutes ago
Bowlsby is UT's guy. Boren is using this as leverage

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 24m24 minutes ago
It evens the playing field a bit because up to this point UT has held the upper hand in these talks.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
Boren's trump card of leaving the conference is more of a bluff than actually ousting UT's hand-picked commissioner.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
This could be the move that gets UT to agree to LHN=B12N with equal sharing for all(after UT is made whole).

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 28m28 minutes agoIrmo, SC
@MH ver3 This can't be your big news from this morning, is it? If so why is this so good for WU?

@Mountaineer_Ste I thought it was pretty significant

@Mountaineer_Ste it's good for WVU because it gives the rest of us leverage for B12N.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 20m20 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @Mountaineer_Ste would still have to convince UT to convert LHN. I don't think this move convinces UT.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @Mountaineer_Ste the problem is UT's demands to do it.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @Mountaineer_Ste convincing doesn't seem to be the problem.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 23m23 minutes ago
@Mountaineer_Ste Bowlsby has sat on his hands the entire time he has been in charge.

@Mountaineer_Ste he was a puppet for Deloss and he is still a UT puppet.

@Mountaineer_Ste and UT doesn't want to leave B12

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 24m24 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @Mountaineer_Ste they'll just hire another commissioner if the OU bolting card is just a bluff.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @Mountaineer_Ste the selection process would be less one-sides this time.

@Mountaineer_Ste losing their guy as commish won't change their minds on that.

@Mountaineer_Ste but Boren and Gee are convinced UT will be way more receptive about concessions for B12N knowing Bowlsby could be chopped

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
I think it's very significant. Bowlsby is the B12 equivalent to Marinatto in the Big East.

Adam ‏@HoneyRoyPalmer 17m17 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I always laugh when people claim Marinatto is to blame for the Big East's downfall. Not him at all. It's easily Mike Tranghese.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
@HoneyRoyPalmer I totally agree. And Dan Beebe is the B12 equivalent of Trangheese

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 15m15 minutes ago
@MH ver3 why do you think it is a bluff? BIG10 and SEC would love the Sooners.

@mcgoblue b10 doesn't. Sec would.

@mcgoblue would be a mess of litigation from OkSU for either though.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
E Gordon Gee wants to bring former ESPN guy Steve Bornstein in as a consultant to help the conference navigate expansion and Network.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
But some of the other members are balking at the rumored $3 million price tag that would come with that.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal How soon do you think we'll hear about big 10 tv rights and big 10 expansion?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 21m21 minutes ago
@CGreen63 hard to say they are on lockdown. But it at some point leak as we into summer or sooner.

Reaction Score
Welp, here's a test for Flug's accuracy. If ASU announces the B1G hockey move next week we've got ourselves someone with legitimate connections. There has been no other direct chatter as to a date and definitively that they will make the move to the B1G, just lots of speculation.

If you google ASU hockey and Big 10 you will find a bunch of articles, several which have appeared in the AZ Republic over the last 6 months or so. This talk has heated up recently with the announcement of ND heading to the B1G.

This is far from Flug going out on a limb

Reaction Score
If you google ASU hockey and Big 10 you will find a bunch of articles, several which have appeared in the AZ Republic over the last 6 months or so. This talk has heated up recently with the announcement of ND heading to the B1G.

This is far from Flug going out on a limb
Like I said, lots of speculation. No one has reported that it would be announced on a specific date. If it's announced next Tuesday as he said, he'd be the first to have it. I follow the hockey would very closely so it would've popped up somewhere if it were already somewhere that an announcement was coming.

Reaction Score
Data shows a high correlation between the number of basements per capita and the relative prowess of college baseball teams. The fewer basements, the better the baseball.

While no one has actually pin pointed the causal underpinnings of this phenomena, there is some thought that digging out that much soil for basements causes wave length changes that make the brain more effective at judging a larger round ball.

Data that backs up this theory is that no one from a school north of North Carolina and east of the Mississippi has won the NCAA men's golf championship in more than 50 years.

Reaction Score
Too much time in the "dug-out" and "in-the-hole" (and not on the field) I suppose....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Data shows a high correlation between the number of basements per capita and the relative prowess of college baseball teams. The fewer basements, the better the baseball.

While no one has actually pin pointed the causal underpinnings of this phenomena, there is some thought that digging out that much soil for basements causes wave length changes that make the brain more effective at judging a larger round ball.

Data that backs up this theory is that no one from a school north of North Carolina and east of the Mississippi has won the NCAA men's golf championship in more than 50 years.

The only thing harder than popping a fried egg on to the green from the bunker is doing it through 14 inches of snow in said bunker.

That's okay, you can have your golf championships. Us (non-baseball-related) Yankees will focus on revenue generating sports with athletes who don't need help staying out of Citrus State Prison.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 23m23 minutes ago
Hearing expansion moved along very fast while it was quiet. Sounds like 6 teams could be coming taking BIG10 to 20. Need to verify.
Any change to the B1G is a good thing. We either join them or take the prior conference spot of someone else who does. If this true, however, I really hope that we are one of the 6.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom