Non-Key Tweets | Page 477 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

pj

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
B12 just got more info back from the research group.

8 conference games with 12 teams gives them a better mathematical chance of getting 2 teams in playoffs.

And doubles the chance of getting one team in every year.

Putting aside the ludicrousness of placing Memphis ahead of Cincy, this is an obvious falsehood. For expansion to double the chance of the B12 getting one team in the playoff every year, their chance of getting a team in without expansion would have to be less than 50%. No way that's true.

Possibly expansion halves the possibility of not getting a team in, say from 30% to 15%. But that seems unlikely when you're adding two teams unlikely to make it in.

Reaction Score
Putting aside the ludicrousness of placing Memphis ahead of Cincy, this is an obvious falsehood. For expansion to double the chance of the B12 getting one team in the playoff every year, their chance of getting a team in without expansion would have to be less than 50%. No way that's true.

Possibly expansion halves the possibility of not getting a team in, say from 30% to 15%. But that seems unlikely when you're adding two teams unlikely to make it in.

The teams coming in aren't the point. The point is that -
1) having a CCG game increases the chance that your best team gets in, and
2) going to an 8-game conference schedule makes it easier for your best team to go undefeated

Reaction Score
Anyone floating the idea that the ACC will lose teams to the Big 12 at this point should be disregarded out of hand.

Not inconceivable that sometime in the next 5-10 years it could happen, but without a Big 12 Network in place forget about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These jackwipes are all piling on at this point, making multiple, and often conflicting, predictions in the hopes that one of them will be correct.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Has MH Ver3 ever been right about anything ever?

He got something right a long time ago, but I don't even remember what it was. He may have called WVU to the Big 12, which may have been a lucky guess or he may have had inside information. Since then, nothing. The Dude has never had a scoop, and now just predicts every combination of things that could happen so he can claim to be right. Both of them are just talking nonsense about pulling an ACC school into the Big 12

Reaction Score
You know, the ACC implosion I don't buy, but his reporting on the markets of these schools strikes me as likely spot on.

Perhaps it isn't far fetched that if the Big 12 is running these numbers, they are running them with select P5 schools that they might possibly be able to recruit in the event of a more major upheaval.

They could also be benchmarking the TV markets for other schools to test where the XII's likely stand in comparison. That typical in the business world. My company benchmarks data from places like Google with respect to recruiting for computer science majors knowing full well that we don't have the money to throw at the top 10% like Google does.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda Retweeted

Big 12 Update ‏@Big12Update · 6h6 hours ago
A Big 12 expansion could provide ODU an opening to a bigger, better conference

http://pilotonline.com/sports/colle...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

"Although one official told me UConn has been pushing for the league to add the University of Massachusetts, I think ODU also likely would be on the AAC’s short list."
Quiet frankly, I don't like the idea of UConn mulling the AAC landscape post BIG12 expansion.

Reaction Score
rick dunaway ‏@rickdun 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal any update on the big 10 and adding teams

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal
2h2 hours ago
@rickdun no it has been very quiet on purpose. I will ask my buddy when we talk about it he is preparing for the NFL draft.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
So Bowlsby is setting the stage for expansion with talks of possibly eliminating 2x round robin in basketball

And a bit ironic that he recognizes BYU as P5 equivalent just days after getting back research data on them

Ironic was a bad choice there. More like convenient. BYU may have a shot.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
Been sick. Sorry this is late. BHV data may mean Big 12 expands without a network. UC looking safe. The others still in play.

May means exactly that... still a ton of internal debate has to occur.

And while UC looks safe the idea of expansion without a network means that football only expansion is more likely than ever.

Football only expansion is good news for BYU and perhaps even say Boise State?????? Travel not an issue for football only.

And please... a network is still a possibility and still the best way to secure the long term future of the Big 12. Texas has yet to decide.

I imagine revenue projections from BHV and the Chicago firm will go a long way to convince UT to give up LHN or not.

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV aren't they leaving money on the table by not creating a network?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@gampel_2_msg I wasn't finished... bad part about Twitter... Join the facebook group.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV football only expansion will never happen

@Mike_ohio26 I tell you why it would happen and why its likely to happen... ready?

@Mike_ohio26 Because the Big 12 makes money by adding two for football only if they don't have a network. No loss of revenue.

@Mike_ohio26 More importantly that maybe all that Texas will agree too - football only expansion.

All those people who I bet a $1 against season tickets for their team if Big 12 expansion happened before 2017 should send the $1 to the MAC

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I still got a few more years for your to buy me season tickets.

@DezyHume Nope... I said no expansion before 2017. Nobody could join the Big 12 before 2017 now.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV
Ce67XyCWQAIZy2C.jpg

William Morris ‏@bigwilliemo 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 you are clueless. Football expansion would cost the most.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 Clueless... how? Explain to me exactly how clueless I am and how football only expansion reduces B12 revenues.

@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 well for one, you mention Boise State. They're not even on the radar. I'm done with your insight.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 Guess who the two best football programs (other than UH) currently available?

@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 you've flip flopped on expansion more than Trump on social issues.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 I'm waiting on how football only expansion reduces revenues for the current 10 members.... please educate me.

@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 if they expand football only and add small market school, Big12 is seriously doomed

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 Without a network the Big 12 likely looks to add the best football programs available to improve playoff resume.

@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 well, WVU better start looking to the P4. Going to need a landing place.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 Why is that always the retort to slam WVU? I'm not worried about WVU. So stop thinking that scores any points.

Jay ‏@uconn24_7 29m29 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 if they go football only it will eventually hurt them down the road...if b12n happens not profitable

Jay ‏@uconn24_7 26m26 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @bigwilliemo also it really wouldn't add much eyes to big 12 only Boise and Utah/lds with byu...only adds about 1-2 million....

@Mike_ohio26 More importantly that maybe all that Texas will agree too - football only expansion.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV if thats the case the Big 12's days are numbered

@Mike_ohio26 Mike, if the Big 12 doesn't add a network and expand it has about 3,379 days left before it expires.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 For the past several years I have said the Big 12 will not expand unless it is profitable to do so or...

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 Unless the Big 12 is forced to expand by outside forces like the CFB playoffs.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 At no time have I changed that stance. I have often stated my opinion that the Big 12 should expand.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 But that is only my opinion and I made it clear it was such.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 I'm waiting on how football only expansion reduces revenues for the current 10 members.... please educate me.

@theDudeofWV @Mike_ohio26 UC, UCONN, Memphis would not do football only.

@bigwilliemo @Mike_ohio26 That's by no means certain. I'm not saying that will happen. I'm saying the chatter says its possible.

pj

Reaction Score
My prediction of how things work out:

Does the B1G invite UConn? If so, UConn to the B1G, and B12 does football-only expansion with BYU and Cincy. No network. Oklahoma starts packing its bags.

If not, UConn and Cincy in all sports to the B12, and there's a network.

Reaction Score
You DO notice that he posted that last bit of flotsam on April Fools Day. (Although this diatribe could have be posted on ANY date & still be worth zip.)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
You DO notice that he posted that last bit of flotsam on April Fools Day. (Although this diatribe could have be posted on ANY date & still be worth zip.)

If you go by what Coastal Atlantic posted, it wasn't. CA posted this at 1:01 this morning. Every one of The Dude's tweets are at least 3 hours old at that time. It's just the usual garbage from him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm lost. Who is Christopher Lambert? Where does he rank in this? I have Flug first and everyone else tied for last.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it one last time:
image.jpeg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Have you ever seen the Dude of West Virginia and @CL82 in the same place at the same time? Yeah, neither have I.

Me thinks CL82 = Christopher Lambert. Well played dude. Well played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom