Non-Key Tweets | Page 476 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So let me see if I got this right:

The ACC is going to fold, leaving the Power 4 of Big 12, SEC, B1G and Pac 12.

Of the teams bolting the ACC the ones making the first moves are Florida State, Notre Dame, UNC, UVA and Georgia Tech.

Of all the teams and the leagues involved in this doomsday massive realignment scenario, schools that have dozens of local and national reporters following their every movement, not a single journalist has reported anything remotely related to this.

Yet, remarkably, two anonymous Twitter handles - one associated with West Virginia and one with Michigan - have all the information first.

Ok, got it.

Reaction Score
So let me see if I got this right:

The ACC is going to fold, leaving the Power 4 of Big 12, SEC, B1G and Pac 12.

Of the teams bolting the ACC the ones making the first moves are Florida State, Notre Dame, UNC, UVA and Georgia Tech.

Of all the teams and the leagues involved in this doomsday massive realignment scenario, schools that have dozens of local and national reporters following their every movement, not a single journalist has reported anything remotely related to this.

Yet, remarkably, two anonymous Twitter handles - one associated with West Virginia and one with Michigan - have all the information first.

Ok, got it.

Not to mention that somehow the ACC GOR, which has problems with the ACCN and Raycom, is somehow weaker that the XII's GOR, which also has no network and has issues with the LHN. These two folks are way too XII pro to my liking.

Reaction Score
Obviously no smoke here…just a noxious cloud of gas emanating from the backsides of a couple crazy dudes…or from their mouths…so hard to tell when both ends produce the same substance.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've heard that the ESPN's $45 million offer comes with a requirement that the ACC extend the GOR and waive the conference network contingency. This has caused ACC schools to scramble to look for cover. The house of cards that was built with the ESPNs bogus network promise is starting to collapse.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Well it was a good run as an independent. If Blue vod says it's likely done then I will go out and buy my Big 10 flag.

I actually hope you don't. I like having ND as an Indy, just want to play you in the non conference.

Reaction Score
Man this thread makes me dumber each time I attempt to read it.

Seriously, when a (think corporate takeover bid) appears it takes people by surprise. The Big 12 is sending mixed signals so as to keep the other conferences at bay.

As Riddick said, "When it happens, it will happen quick, be prepared"; or something like that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I actually hope you don't. I like having ND as an Indy, just want to play you in the non conference.

At the risk of giving any credibility to these hairbrained ideas, if the B1G did move to an 18 or 20 team league stretching from New England to Nebraska to Texas to Florida and kept it's OOC relationship with the Pac12, isn't that the national schedule that is the foundation of ND's desire for independence? The TV would be better.

The only downsides I see would be needing to win a CCG to make the playoff and not being able to call yourself an independent. The first will likely be a reality going forward regardless and the second is just about ego.

Reaction Score
At the risk of giving any credibility to these hairbrained ideas, if the B1G did move to an 18 or 20 team league stretching from New England to Nebraska to Texas to Florida and kept it's OOC relationship with the Pac12, isn't that the national schedule that is the foundation of ND's desire for independence? The TV would be better.

The only downsides I see would be needing to win a CCG to make the playoff and not being able to call yourself an independent. The first will likely be a reality going forward regardless and the second is just about ego.

The Irish would probably have to sacrifice their series' with Navy and BC to make that happen, but yeah give them Stanford as a permanent crossover and you basically have their core rivalries preserved.

Reaction Score
Delany: Calling ND's bluff one sanctimonious edict at a time. :rolleyes:

• Money
  • East Coast Exposure
  • TV Exposure
  • West Coast exposure
  • South Coast exposure
  • Hockey TV Network
  • Never Join a Conference
  • What's best for ND student/athletes
  • Bowl Access
  • Football Independence (but not willing to sacrifice other sports for it)
  • Title Game Access

Reaction Score
The Irish would probably have to sacrifice their series' with Navy and BC to make that happen, but yeah give them Stanford as a permanent crossover and you basically have their core rivalries preserved.

I think you have a valid point. If the P4 emerges and it becomes clear that the only way to get into the football playoffs is through them, ND will have to join. Culturally, ND does not fit well with the SEC and while they have football rivals with Stanford and USC and want West Coast exposure, logistically makes them joining the PAC very difficult. I also can't see them in the XII due to the same cultural reasons as the SEC, though they do like having exposure in Texas. If the ACC folds, ND's only reasonable choice is the B1G. Now if the XII folds and the B1G gets U Texas and Oklahoma, a conference that extends from New England (hopefully with UConn) to Texas is about as 'national' as one can get and I can see that being very attractive to ND versus the ACC's market from New England (BC, cough, cough) to Florida.

Reaction Score
Delany: Calling ND's bluff one sanctimonious edict at a time. :rolleyes:

• Money
  • East Coast Exposure
  • TV Exposure
  • West Coast exposure
  • South Coast exposure
  • Hockey TV Network
  • Never Join a Conference
  • What's best for ND student/athletes
  • Bowl Access
  • Football Independence (but not willing to sacrifice other sports for it)
  • Title Game Access

Strange, I thought the consensus is that the Big Ten had "moved on" from ND and that the Irish were not that attractive to the Big Ten nowadays.....

Reaction Score
Strange, I thought the consensus is that the Big Ten had "moved on" from ND and that the Irish were not that attractive to the Big Ten nowadays.....
No worry Terry......its nothing personal....just good business..

Reaction Score

Well, first there was Rutgers and Maryland, now Oklahoma and Kansas and half the ACC are being talked about. Somehow ND slipped back into the conversation with the ACC...

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
B12 just got more info back from the research group.

8 conference games with 12 teams gives them a better mathematical chance of getting 2 teams in playoffs.

And doubles the chance of getting one team in every year.

Increases the chance of having two highly ranked unbeaten or one loss teams in CCG as well

Also new numbers showing Uconns penetration in NY and Boston TV markets are very favorable in both fb and (especially) bball

H ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
BYU also showing as the best option for overall TV ratings in football with heavy market penetration on west coast

Cincy will bring their city market but a very small share of the rest of state-getting full sub fee for network could be uphill battle

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
UCF has very favorable numbers in football but again wouldn't guarantee the whole state with higher sub fees

Memphis actually scored very high in market penetration for fb(recently)and with statewide bball following could get higher sub fee all over

Tulane gets poor marks in TV penetration/ fan interest

Ecu too regional as well

Colorado St also marginal in those areas

Boise Also doesn't deliver the punch necessary for network penetration.

So Uconn and BYU are the best 2 choices. Followed by Memphis and slightly behind them Cincy and USF.

According to the firms findings.

UC has the most support from member schools though.

The next round of numbers to come in will be schools currently in P5 conferences.

I'm told they are researching half the ACC, Arizona, Arizona St, and Colorado(???)

#HTownTakeOver™ ‏@MattRam26 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 so nothing about the highly ranked Houston that had 1 loss

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@MattRam26 Houston was not mentioned to me. Not looking at schools in markets we will already have

@MH ver3 starting to think you just throw up and see what catches...lol

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@MattRam26 well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Fwiw I'm sorry the info I was given wasn't to your liking.

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 P12 folks out here are frustrated with network issues. That has to at least open some ears of a few schools.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@nathanmills I just don't think there is a way around their GOR. Maybe good to have the info for the future?

Baylor Bear ‏@AstroSaint 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 what is the maximum # of schools B12 conference is willing to have?

@AstroSaint support is there for 16 but they have to be the right schools. Won't take 6 G5

Andrew Taylor ‏@4ndrewT4ylor 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 UC as in Cincy? Why though? Competent bball/fball more than others?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@4ndrewT4ylor Boren really likes them. As does Gee and several others.

@MH ver3 fair enough, college presidents are a unique bunch. i'm a UConn guy but I get the TV ratings we provide in NYC/Boston, but UC? Eeek

Jake ‏@jakesportstake 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @geoffmitchell let's say your scenario plays out and the ACC dissolves. Who do you predict winds up in B1G SEC and Big 12

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@jakesportstake @geoffmitchell sec-NCST, VT: B12-Clemson, Miami,Ville,Pitt/Cuse: Other-UVA UNC GT FSU Duke ND. My guess

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @jakesportstake @geoffmitchell hmm. Maybe replace FSU with Mizzou. Otherwise, yes.

Also should have more in depth numbers on financials of a B12N. Firm has been working closely with ESPN on this one.

Also the data suggests that OU getting in to the CFP this year would be the exception not the norm for the B12 in its current format.

The Truth ‏@mb2133 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 If you had to guess how soon we'll see a 16 team Big 12 with a network, what would you say? 2018? 2020? 2025?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@mb2133 I'd say it only happens if ACC crumbles and by 2018. 14 is tops with G5 additions. Imo

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 did they have any pro active steps with ACC other than wait on that northern conference?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@TheFrogCastTCU there are open lines of communication. Being as proactive as we can currently.

@MH ver3 that's all I wanted to know. The conf seems to sit around and wait IMO, but if it all works out then it's Saul Goodman.

Luke Kingsley ‏@lukekingsley 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 Colorado? There's no way the Buffs would go back to the Big 12. So does this imply Colorado State?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@lukekingsley no these are specifically P5 schools in this round of data.

Ian Salmela ‏@Ian_Salmela 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 After the B12s research study, how would you rank the G5 schools and BYU for expansion candidates? Give me top 8 schools please.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@Ian_Salmela I tweeted the order just a couple of hours ago

Ian Salmela ‏@Ian_Salmela 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Got ya. Thanks

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
B12 just got more info back from the research group.

8 conference games with 12 teams gives them a better mathematical chance of getting 2 teams in playoffs.

And doubles the chance of getting one team in every year.

Increases the chance of having two highly ranked unbeaten or one loss teams in CCG as well

Also new numbers showing Uconns penetration in NY and Boston TV markets are very favorable in both fb and (especially) bball

H ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
BYU also showing as the best option for overall TV ratings in football with heavy market penetration on west coast

Cincy will bring their city market but a very small share of the rest of state-getting full sub fee for network could be uphill battle

UCF has very favorable numbers in football but again wouldn't guarantee the whole state with higher sub fees

Memphis actually scored very high in market penetration for fb(recently)and with statewide bball following could get higher sub fee all over

Tulane gets poor marks in TV penetration/ fan interest

Ecu too regional as well

Colorado St also marginal in those areas

Boise Also doesn't deliver the punch necessary for network penetration.

So Uconn and BYU are the best 2 choices. Followed by Memphis and slightly behind them Cincy and USF.

According to the firms findings.

UC has the most support from member schools though.

The next round of numbers to come in will be schools currently in P5 conferences.

I'm told they are researching half the ACC, Arizona, Arizona St, and Colorado(???)

@MH ver3 so nothing about the highly ranked Houston that had 1 loss

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@MattRam26 Houston was not mentioned to me. Not looking at schools in markets we will already have

@MH ver3 starting to think you just throw up and see what catches...lol

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@MattRam26 well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Fwiw I'm sorry the info I was given wasn't to your liking.

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 P12 folks out here are frustrated with network issues. That has to at least open some ears of a few schools.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@nathanmills I just don't think there is a way around their GOR. Maybe good to have the info for the future?

Baylor Bear ‏@AstroSaint 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 what is the maximum # of schools B12 conference is willing to have?

@AstroSaint support is there for 16 but they have to be the right schools. Won't take 6 G5

@MH ver3 UC as in Cincy? Why though? Competent bball/fball more than others?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@4ndrewT4ylor Boren really likes them. As does Gee and several others.

@MH ver3 fair enough, college presidents are a unique bunch. i'm a UConn guy but I get the TV ratings we provide in NYC/Boston, but UC? Eeek

Jake ‏@jakesportstake 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @geoffmitchell let's say your scenario plays out and the ACC dissolves. Who do you predict winds up in B1G SEC and Big 12

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@jakesportstake @geoffmitchell sec-NCST, VT: B12-Clemson, Miami,Ville,Pitt/Cuse: Other-UVA UNC GT FSU Duke ND. My guess

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @jakesportstake @geoffmitchell hmm. Maybe replace FSU with Mizzou. Otherwise, yes.

Also should have more in depth numbers on financials of a B12N. Firm has been working closely with ESPN on this one.

Also the data suggests that OU getting in to the CFP this year would be the exception not the norm for the B12 in its current format.

The Truth ‏@mb2133 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 If you had to guess how soon we'll see a 16 team Big 12 with a network, what would you say? 2018? 2020? 2025?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@mb2133 I'd say it only happens if ACC crumbles and by 2018. 14 is tops with G5 additions. Imo

@MH ver3 did they have any pro active steps with ACC other than wait on that northern conference?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@TheFrogCastTCU there are open lines of communication. Being as proactive as we can currently.

@MH ver3 that's all I wanted to know. The conf seems to sit around and wait IMO, but if it all works out then it's Saul Goodman.

Luke Kingsley ‏@lukekingsley 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 Colorado? There's no way the Buffs would go back to the Big 12. So does this imply Colorado State?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@lukekingsley no these are specifically P5 schools in this round of data.

Ian Salmela ‏@Ian_Salmela 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 After the B12s research study, how would you rank the G5 schools and BYU for expansion candidates? Give me top 8 schools please.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@Ian_Salmela I tweeted the order just a couple of hours ago

Ian Salmela ‏@Ian_Salmela 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Got ya. Thanks

You know, the ACC implosion I don't buy, but his reporting on the markets of these schools strikes me as likely spot on.

Perhaps it isn't far fetched that if the Big 12 is running these numbers, they are running them with select P5 schools that they might possibly be able to recruit in the event of a more major upheaval.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
boom-there-it-is.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom