Non-Key Tweets | Page 485 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I don't think playing games down there is all that relevant. The camps allow players to essentially try out for scholarships, especially in areas far from campus. SEC and ACC teams want to prevent that so they get all the local guys.

When schools like I listed above have so many southern kids... if Akron, Iowa State, NIU, Illinois, Toledo, Louisville, etc can access southern kids anyone can.

Sure...nobody in Florida wants Harbaugh setting up recruiting shops so far removed from his campus....I can imagine the traveling circuses as multiple large programs follow. Harbaugh, in 2016, had twice as many commits from Florida than from Michigan. It isn't about athletes and exposure to scholarships, it is about Harbough trying to sell Michigan for his speed positions..he signed DB's, WR, LB, DE, from Florida. Sales..not exposure for the athlete.

But to understand the situation in Florida from an athlete's perspective, almost every kid is looked at by somebody...2016 wasn't a great vintage for Florida...FSU went to 10 other states this year.

Yet the following programs did take 2016 Class Florida kids...How did they all just find these guys? Recruiting info is now national.

Alabama, Appalachian State, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, Colorado State, Connecticut, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kent State, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Michigan, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Southern Cal, Utah, Virginia, Virginia Tech,
Wake Forest, Washington State, Western Kentucky, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

And that's not the Division II scholarships...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
When schools like I listed above have so many southern kids... if Akron, Iowa State, NIU, Illinois, Toledo, Louisville, etc can access southern kids anyone can.

Sure...nobody in Florida wants Harbaugh setting up recruiting shops so far removed from his campus....I can imagine the traveling circuses as multiple large programs follow. Harbaugh, in 2016, had twice as many commits from Florida than from Michigan. It isn't about athletes and exposure to scholarships, it is about Harbough trying to sell Michigan for his speed positions..he signed DB's, WR, LB, DE, from Florida. Sales..not exposure for the athlete.

But to understand the situation in Florida from an athlete's perspective, almost every kid is looked at by somebody...2016 wasn't a great vintage for Florida...FSU went to 10 other states this year.

Yet the following programs did take 2016 Class Florida kids...How did they all just find these guys? Recruiting info is now national.

Alabama, Appalachian State, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, Colorado State, Connecticut, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kent State, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Michigan, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Southern Cal, Utah, Virginia, Virginia Tech,
Wake Forest, Washington State, Western Kentucky, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

And that's not the Division II scholarships...

Billy, the SEC and their ilk will profess their love of free trade and competition right up until the point that they lose their natural advantage, then the can't build protectionist walls fast enough.

The sad thing that Billy wants to ignore is that for many of these kids, unfortunately, obtaining a football scholarship may be their best chance to obtain an education and a future. That they want to limit those opportunties is disgusting. If Michigan rolling in twice per year can steal recruits from FSU well then maybe that tells you that FSU isn't at the same level. Perhaps the B1G states should prohibit the southeast from visiting it's high schools to recruit students - I'm sure they would have no problem with that.

Reaction Score

Sure...nobody in Florida wants Harbaugh setting up recruiting shops so far removed from his campus....

Your transmission broke up a little after that part. ;)

Reaction Score
eg Flugaur ‏@flugempire Apr 5
We have been given info for us to believe ASU HCKY will be announcing their Conference on April 12th or 13th WCHA or B1G? B1G it will be...

Dave R. ‏@CT_Goonie 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire tick tock Flug

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@CT_Goonie Yep. ASU just announced they will disclose Arena plans in 1-2 weeks... Maybe info timing off... Will see soon enough

I listen to Freeze on Mike & Mike and his argument to ban camps was "Coaches respected each other too much" ...nothing about the kids.

Anytime you put artificial walls around state boundaries (healthcare Ins competition for example) you diminish opportunities and excellence.

SEC/ACC/B12 argument on camps outside of own state is BS. So they need to talk about JH to hide their BS argument @finebaum for example

no1hellokittyfan ‏@Expansion_Crush 4h4 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire @finebaum <-----never replies to criticism. He's a talking head pansy with an B1G .

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum Because in MN we feed Coll HCKY the players..and we want all our kids to have best opportunity to land spot in D1

no1hellokittyfan ‏@Expansion_Crush 4h4 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire @finebaum No oversigning? That's not the SEC way. Limit the potential if you can, right? Hope they come around Sr year?

reg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @finebaum #BigTen More proud than ever to be Big Ten.

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum The South still trying to keep people "down on the farm"... That's the polite way of saying it...

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum SEC on this position holds no moral high ground...only they bitch at JH. Not much of a position.

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum Once Bama & Razorbacks go D1 in HCKY we in MN invite them to hold HCKY camps in our state. Why? ...........1/2

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum Because in MN we feed Coll HCKY the players..and we want all our kids to have best opportunity to land spot in D1

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum Finebaum spends his time comparing JH to Trump. I dislike both men...but SEC position is ghastly. Horrific.

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum The South still trying to keep people "down on the farm"... That's the polite way of saying it...

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum SEC voted against being able to get rid of a scholarship players due to FB performance. Thank God they lost

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum This FB thing Finebaum is about the kids...they are it employees..and they shouldn't be taken away access.

@Expansion_Crush @finebaum Next time I hear SEC-SEC-SEC...I will think they are yelling..Plantation..Plantation...Plantation.

ME: Ouch! :D

lee ‏@Columbushokie 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @finebaum I respect your stance but this is over the line. Don't resort to hyperbole

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Finebaum mocked the idea "thousands of kids would be effected by the ban" Finebaum is wrong.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum But Finebaum does not spend his time arguing his position...he just mocks JH instead

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum It's what you call being "lazy". Since no one in ACC/SEC land is interested in facts...

@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @finebaum I respect your stance but this is over the line. Don't resort to hyperbole

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum ...I will use hyperbole. It gives you guys another reason to avoid facts on the issue.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Pathetic. Freeze was embarrassing today on Mike & Mike. Nothing about the kids...zilch

@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Fine, but that doesn't mean SEC fans are promoting slavery.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum No of course they are not...but what is SEC promoting? It's promoting State Walls over Access.

@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @finebaum They want to maintain a competitive advantage and the B1G would do exactly the same.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum No...Big Ten wouldn't do exactly the same. BS.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Gophers have 2 great RB's from Georgia...us Notherners get Souther kids...but it's about access

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum If Minnesota had Souther camps are Average wins in decade would go from 6 to 6.00000001 a season

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum There are thousands of kids who would benefit....who can't travel.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum There are swimming camps all over the country by PAC 12 schools...and thank God.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Every HCKY school in nation goes to Minnesota for kids...

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Let me be clear Hokie. This should be about the kids... SEC needs to grow up. Period.

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Keeping Competitive advantage? Like over-signing? Like bags of money? It's all good right?

@Columbushokie @Expansion_Crush @finebaum Except this time SEC stupidity is decreasing access for poor kids. It's BS.

I'm actually starting to feel embarrassed for the SEC. It's tough when the mask slips off the face again.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
Does the Big 12 have a handshake agreement with the SEC not to expand into SEC territory? If so does that impact USF, UCF and Memphis?

Steve Lance ‏@Slance66 1h1 hour ago
Steve Lance Retweeted Christopher Lambert

Well that would be an antitrust violation, so I doubt it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 57m57 minutes ago
@Slance66 It's been reported in the media...

Reaction Score
Typical Minnesotan thumping his chest about Minnesota hockey players. His ASU call last week appears to be wrong, at least on the timing.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When schools like I listed above have so many southern kids... if Akron, Iowa State, NIU, Illinois, Toledo, Louisville, etc can access

All these schools schools you mention piggy back off these camps. The MAC teams are invited to the OSU camps. That's how they get exposure to a lot of these kids. Not everyone at Urbans camp is going to Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
Latest Expansion. Same schools as before looking like IF a deal is done FSU may be first. Duke not sure on, only heard them recently.ND?HF?

Even though I have been told Duke my 2 sources I just do not buy it. It does not make sense $$$. ND makes sense but are they all in? :)

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 3m3 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal In the event OU or Texas don't come to the Big 10, Duke would be an nice fallback option despite having North Carolina

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@CGreen63 I just do not see $$$ value. You already have NC. Market with UNC.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal Correct but Duke's brand is strong

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal UNC-UVA oldest rivalry in ACC also. They come as well. Win-win for all 3 schools. Including long term money. GT needs $$$ help

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@JonBCoker All 3 make sense $$$ wise NC,DC, Atalanta Mkt. Duke you do not need if you have NC. This is not about rivalry is about $$$.

Lawyers are saying put a fork in the ACC GOR.

Troy ‏@TroyJr_67 3h3 hours ago
Troy Retweeted Bluevod

Bye bye ACC

@TroyJr_67 Lawsuits may be next. But if you have to go to court to keep a school you already have lost.

Joe Byrd ‏@JAByrd2000 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal how are you feeling from a timing standpoint? Announce over the summer w competition beginning in 2018?

@JAByrd2000 TV deal should be announced summerish and IF a deal is made it would be with it. Actually playing not sure have not heard yet.

@JAByrd2000 How long did it take Nebraska from time deal was done? Also Rutgers/ MD. can not recall probably same rough time frame.

@Bluevodreal Neb was announced in June '10 and began play in '11. I guess it would be possible for an announcement this sum and start in '17

@JAByrd2000 yes I agree especially if ACC is toast.

The Ticket Corner ‏@theticketcorner 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal whats the reasoning

@theticketcorner only could be enforced with ACCN and ESPN said sorry.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal anything more with PAC12 network?

@mcgoblue talk of a alliance in scheduling to increase TV deal that is all I have heard. I doubt you see anymore Networks.$$ does not add up

@Bluevodreal if those 2 schools are out, would that open things back up for OK and Texas (possibly )?

@mcgoblue I would not be shocked if JD is playing ND against Texas. I know they want Texas Bad....and Ou would come. Ou wants Big10.

Jesse Dieterman‏@JesseDieterman
@Bluevodreal Laymans terms?

@JesseDieterman GOR unenforceable due to no ACCN.

Jesse Dieterman ‏@JesseDieterman 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Got it

dave campbell ‏@yerfaceismycase 3h3 hours ago
. @JesseDieterman @Bluevodreal Layman's Terms: They're FORKED! going on record.. lol.. (me - To Hell with Notre Dame..)

@yerfaceismycase @JesseDieterman My own preference is no ND and get Texas.

. @Bluevodreal @JesseDieterman Texas is a Blue Blood Monster Insane Footprint, Academics, influence & Power UT TV deal could foul that one

@yerfaceismycase @JesseDieterman I'm told it is losing $$$

@Bluevodreal @JesseDieterman Ok. I don't doubt that stock rises and falls as Longhorn Football goes.. ie - currently down obviously

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 22h22 hours ago
Jim Delany confirmed negotiations have started in regard to the Big Ten's new media rights deal. He said nothing more on the topic.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 22h22 hours ago
@JonNyatawa I see ESPN losing exclusivity of coverage of Ohio State-Michigan and CBS keeping the rights to the Big 10 tournament

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 2h2 hours ago
@CGreen63 You might see more football & hoops games on FS1. Maybe even baseball, too. But I agree CBS remains the same

@JonNyatawa Expect big Fox to air Big 10 games

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 34m34 minutes ago
@CGreen63 Football or basketball? Or both?

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 20m20 minutes ago
@JonNyatawa Both

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 11m11 minutes ago
@CGreen63 Wouldn't be surprised, honestly

Reaction Score
Latest Expansion. Same schools as before looking like IF a deal is done FSU may be first. Duke not sure on, only heard them recently.ND?HF?

Even though I have been told Duke my 2 sources I just do not buy it. It does not make sense $$$. ND makes sense but are they all in? :)

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 3m3 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal In the event OU or Texas don't come to the Big 10, Duke would be an nice fallback option despite having North Carolina

@CGreen63 I just do not see $$$ value. You already have NC. Market with UNC.

@Bluevodreal Correct but Duke's brand is strong

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal UNC-UVA oldest rivalry in ACC also. They come as well. Win-win for all 3 schools. Including long term money. GT needs $$$ help

@JonBCoker All 3 make sense $$$ wise NC,DC, Atalanta Mkt. Duke you do not need if you have NC. This is not about rivalry is about $$$.

Lawyers are saying put a fork in the ACC GOR.

Troy ‏@TroyJr_67 3h3 hours ago
Troy Retweeted Bluevod

Bye bye ACC

@TroyJr_67 Lawsuits may be next. But if you have to go to court to keep a school you already have lost.

@Bluevodreal how are you feeling from a timing standpoint? Announce over the summer w competition beginning in 2018?

@JAByrd2000 TV deal should be announced summerish and IF a deal is made it would be with it. Actually playing not sure have not heard yet.

@JAByrd2000 How long did it take Nebraska from time deal was done? Also Rutgers/ MD. can not recall probably same rough time frame.

@Bluevodreal Neb was announced in June '10 and began play in '11. I guess it would be possible for an announcement this sum and start in '17

@JAByrd2000 yes I agree especially if ACC is toast.

The Ticket Corner ‏@theticketcorner 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal whats the reasoning

@theticketcorner only could be enforced with ACCN and ESPN said sorry.

@Bluevodreal anything more with PAC12 network?

@mcgoblue talk of a alliance in scheduling to increase TV deal that is all I have heard. I doubt you see anymore Networks.$$ does not add up

@Bluevodreal if those 2 schools are out, would that open things back up for OK and Texas (possibly )?

@mcgoblue I would not be shocked if JD is playing ND against Texas. I know they want Texas Bad....and Ou would come. Ou wants Big10.

Jesse Dieterman‏@JesseDieterman
@Bluevodreal Laymans terms?

@JesseDieterman GOR unenforceable due to no ACCN.

Jesse Dieterman ‏@JesseDieterman 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Got it

. @JesseDieterman @Bluevodreal Layman's Terms: They're FORKED! going on record.. lol.. (me - To Hell with Notre Dame..)

@yerfaceismycase @JesseDieterman My own preference is no ND and get Texas.

. @Bluevodreal @JesseDieterman Texas is a Blue Blood Monster Insane Footprint, Academics, influence & Power UT TV deal could foul that one

@Bluevodreal @JesseDieterman Ok. I don't doubt that stock rises and falls as Longhorn Football goes.. ie - currently down obviously

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 22h22 hours ago
Jim Delany confirmed negotiations have started in regard to the Big Ten's new media rights deal. He said nothing more on the topic.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 22h22 hours ago
@JonNyatawa I see ESPN losing exclusivity of coverage of Ohio State-Michigan and CBS keeping the rights to the Big 10 tournament

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 2h2 hours ago
@CGreen63 You might see more football & hoops games on FS1. Maybe even baseball, too. But I agree CBS remains the same

@JonNyatawa Expect big Fox to air Big 10 games

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 34m34 minutes ago
@CGreen63 Football or basketball? Or both?

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 20m20 minutes ago
@JonNyatawa Both

Jon Nyatawa ‏@JonNyatawa 11m11 minutes ago
@CGreen63 Wouldn't be surprised, honestly

lol

Reaction Score
otter1.jpg

Reaction Score
Speaking of... "That's the dumbest thing you've ever said" (NCAA satellite camps)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Crazy how that works when you have the biggest stadium in the country.

And yet... Michigan did play at UConn. Hmm..

They could play LSU...closest size wise I think.

Reaction Score
I'd have more patience with Michigan et al if not for the past. If they want southern exposure, play more southern teams in home and homes.

Michigan doesn't play in the south...FSU played 'em twice in the Big House and they would not return...same with Michigan State (2 games in Lansing), same with Ohio State (2 games in Columbus).

Michigan has not played away at an ACC nor SEC stadium.

So I felt up to a little research. Michigan did play at BC 9/7/1991 (if you count that).

If you want to raise some eyebrows, take a look at the 2014 out of conference schedules for the Big Ten and SEC. The SEC barely plays away OOC. Missouri somehow found its way all the way to Toledo and Auburn to K-State. Most of the other games are almost walk-able. I think that should give you an idea of who really doesn't like to travel.

2014 SEC Out of Conference: 10 games away. 7 P-5

Tennessee at Oklahoma
South Carolina at Clemson
Missouri at Toledo
Arkansas at Texas Tech
Kentucky at Loisiville
Auburn at Kansas State
Ole Miss Rebels - None
Florida at Florida State
Alabama - West Virginia (Atlanta Georgia)
aTm at SMU
Mississippi State at South Alabama
Vanderbuilt - None
Georgia - None
LSU - None

Big Ten 2014 OOC: 17 games away, 11 P-5 + 2 Navy

Penn State - UCF (Doublin Ireland)
Purdue - Notre Dame (Indianapolis)
Iowa at Pittsburg
Minnesota at TCU
Illinois at Washington
Michigan at Notre Dame
Nebraska at Fresno State
Northwestern at Notre Dame
Wisconsin - LSU (Houston)
Indiana at Bowling Green, Missouri
Maryland at South Florida, Syracuse
Michigan State at oregon
Ohio State at Navy
Rutgers at Washington State, navy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd have more patience with Michigan et al if not for the past. If they want southern exposure, play more southern teams in home and homes.

Michigan doesn't play in the south...FSU played 'em twice in the Big House and they would not return...same with Michigan State (2 games in Lansing), same with Ohio State (2 games in Columbus).

Michigan has not played away at an ACC nor SEC stadium.

And...the chance to do so may have passed, at least against some teams...Alabama, FSU, and others are planning to use neutral site games instead of home and homes...FSU gets $8,5 million for playing Ole Miss and Bama in the next two season opening classics and it is a business decision...Alabama has opened with a neutral site game every season since 2011.

Billy, big northern schools play in the south all the time - it is called bowl season. Yet another of the built in advantages that southern teams have in CFB.

I always assumed that southern schools were the ones avoiding the scheduling of home and homes with OSU, UM, PSU, etc. Southern schools don't build there teams to compete when it is below 50 or raining. They would damn near shatter if they saw a little frost.

Reaction Score
alex bricker ‏@abrick75 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal quick question... Is there currently an ACC network? Reading your prior tweets it sounds like no

@abrick75 nope and there will not be one. ESPN declined and I see know one else to step up without their own brand.

alex bricker ‏@abrick75 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal OK I was just reading that there was an ACC network owned by raycom but this was a couple years old

@abrick75 yes it is a minor deal that ACC was trying to keep GOR on but sounds like Lawyers said nope.

@Bluevodreal damnit now I need to read up on GOR and the lawyers you're referring to lol

@abrick75 it is not public yet. FSU has been leading the legal work and once one breaks it is Domino's.

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Are you still hearing FSU, GT, UVA, UNC, and ND to the Big 10? Is ND and Duke a head fake for Texas and OU? What about KU?

@CGreen63 yes Those 4 sound solid. I'm not buying the Duke stuff. Question is ND and another or Texas and Ou. One could be a headfake.

dave campbell ‏@yerfaceismycase 7h7 hours ago

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 7h7 hours ago

no1hellokittyfan ‏@Expansion_Crush 3h3 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@Bluevodreal @yerfaceismycase @JesseDieterman doesn't lose money for UTA, projected to be on the black in 2 years.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@Expansion_Crush @yerfaceismycase @JesseDieterman I heard it was and football being down does not help.FIFA may be required. :)

@Expansion_Crush @yerfaceismycase @JesseDieterman oops meant FOIA. :)

@Bluevodreal discussing expansion talks and this is how I get treated lol
Cf83y29WsAAvRRZ.jpg

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 54m54 minutes ago
@abrick75 ha someone has been drinking early. Lol ACC. Strong as ever said No one.

Mark SnyderVerified account‏@Mark__Snyder
Michigan AD Warde Manuel is considering U-M's formal response to camp ban

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2m2 minutes ago
Bluevod Retweeted Mark Snyder

Warde Knows...

BunkerF16 ‏@BunkerF16 4m4 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Lawsuit possible?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4m4 minutes ago
@BunkerF16 I would think so but that would be the end. You can not sue your schools and hope to keep them.

BunkerF16 ‏@BunkerF16 3m3 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Can MI sue the NCAA?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3m3 minutes ago
@BunkerF16 oh thought you were referring to ACC. I do not think they can or will but will pursue another angle or two.

BunkerF16 ‏@BunkerF16 5m5 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal No way ban sticks..there will be modifications so NCAA can save face, but MI/Harbaugh have made NCAA/SEC/ACC look really bad

Scott Wright ‏@cscottwright 3m3 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 What about Clemson? They're skipping over a seaboard state in SC. I realize Georgia is contiguous to NC but still ...

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3m3 minutes ago
@cscottwright @CGreen63 Have never heard them brought up. I would think SEC would snatch them when the domino's start to fall.

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blogs-local/arizona-coyotes-captain-shane-doan-shared-arena-with-arizona-state-hockey-would-be-pretty-amazing… Looks like we are waiting for ASU Arena announcement... Could be great news for ASU HCKY..share arena with Coyotes

Reaction Score
The rumors out here is the Coyotes will move to the East Valley.
I heard a Pima Reservation has donated land near their casino.
The Salt River Res is closer to Mesa/Scottsdale and Casino AZ
The Hila River Res is nearer Tempe/ Chandler and wild horse pass casino
Both have hotels and golf courses but neither are actually part of any city.

Glendale was a stupid place to put a hockey team.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The fact is that UConn doesn't register in NYC? What a made up crock of poo

That and saying that UConn's basketball dominance has ruffled too many feathers inside the P5 is complete rubbish. This guy clearly knows nothing about UConn and the value it brings.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That and saying that UConn's basketball dominance has ruffled too many feathers inside the P5 is complete rubbish. This guy clearly knows nothing about UConn and the value it brings.
UConn's dominance earns the entire conference increased tournament payouts. Money talks.

Reaction Score
Billy, the SEC and their ilk will profess their love of free trade and competition right up until the point that they lose their natural advantage, then the can't build protectionist walls fast enough.

The sad thing that Billy wants to ignore is that for many of these kids, unfortunately, obtaining a football scholarship may be their best chance to obtain an education and a future. That they want to limit those opportunties is disgusting. If Michigan rolling in twice per year can steal recruits from FSU well then maybe that tells you that FSU isn't at the same level. Perhaps the B1G states should prohibit the southeast from visiting it's high schools to recruit students - I'm sure they would have no problem with that.

How about the list of schools that recruited Florida kids this year that I posted? It is far easier to post the handful who did not recruit a Florida kid...and that is not talking the rest of the southeast.

If an athlete can play and he plays in Florida, he will get looked at....it isn't about the student..it is about Harbaugh going to disgusting lengths to compete in a college game....sleepovers, camps in Florida, hypnotism, holding a sibling hostage...where does it end?

I can't remember the last time that an FSU coach visited a Michigan high school...or recruited a Michigan kid....it wouldn't hurt a bit to be banned from Michigan and Ohio.

Oh my gawd...banned from recruiting Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Nebraska....ouch! That would sting the Noles so badly!

Reaction Score
Billy, big northern schools play in the south all the time - it is called bowl season. Yet another of the built in advantages that southern teams have in CFB.

I always assumed that southern schools were the ones avoiding the scheduling of home and homes with OSU, UM, PSU, etc. Southern schools don't build there teams to compete when it is below 50 or raining. They would damn near shatter if they saw a little frost.

Huh...FSU beat Ohio State every time that they played them by double digits..twice in Columbus, once in Sugar...put 51 points up on Michigan to set a record at their Big House ( and in a year when they went undefeated in the Big Ten), beat Michigan State every time they played them (twice in Lansing) by an average of 26 points, beat Wisconsin the only time they played by 29 points...and then Wisconsin said that they would never schedule FSU because of their name.

These Big Ten guys want no part of FSU in Tallahassee.

And that's not mentioning playing four times at Nebraska with no return...

Last edited:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
How about the list of schools that recruited Florida kids this year that I posted? It is far easier to post the handful who did not recruit a Florida kid...and that is not talking the rest of the southeast.

If an athlete can play and he plays in Florida, he will get looked at....it isn't about the student..it is about Harbaugh going to disgusting lengths to compete in a college game....sleepovers, camps in Florida, hypnotism, holding a sibling hostage...where does it end?

I can't remember the last time that an FSU coach visited a Michigan high school...or recruited a Michigan kid....it wouldn't hurt a bit to be banned from Michigan and Ohio.

Oh my gawd...banned from recruiting Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Nebraska....ouch! That would sting the Noles so badly!

I hear ya. Summer satillite camps are decaying the fabric of college football. Sexual assaults, robberies, fake classes and colleges paying off families to get kids to go to their school pale in comparison to what Harbaugh is doing. Offering a kid an opportunity to see something they couldn't normally is something that just shouldn't happen . . . ever.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Call a spade a spade - the southern conferences didn't give a rat's ass about the kids. They didn't want the northern schools recruiting in their backyard, so they banded together and killed the camps.

Harbaugh scares the nuts off them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom