Non-Key Tweets | Page 491 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So the questions are: Who's moving, which conferences will survive the inevitable consolidation, and does UConn end up in a better position?

I think the B1g will look east first and if it gets the schools it wants from the ACC, then maybe the Big 12 survives intact and has a shot at the ACC leftovers. If that happens then UConn is likely in the ACC remnant conference. I suppose there is some chance that we could get the B1G nod so that their East coast schools are contiguous, but that's looking like an even longer shot now.

If we can hitch a ride aboard the ACC/B12 leftovers conference, then we will end up 1,000,000,000x better than where we are now. If not, we will be the same amount screwed.

Reaction Score
I think ultimately this will lead to massive consolidation where the most valuable properties will end up in the B10, SEC, and P12. The question is what will be left of the B12/ACC. I see this as the down of the P4. The most likely B12/ACC schools not to get an invite to the B10, SEC, or P12 are:

Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Wake Forest
Clemson
Miami
Baylor
Iowa State
TCU

I think UConn would fit in pretty well with that group. That leftover conference is a hell of an upgrade over the one we are currently in.

Reaction Score
I think ultimately this will lead to massive consolidation where the most valuable properties will end up in the B10, SEC, and P12. The question is what will be left of the B12/ACC. I see this as the down of the P4. The most likely B12/ACC schools not to get an invite to the B10, SEC, or P12 are:

Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Wake Forest
Clemson
Miami
Baylor
Iowa State
TCU

I think UConn would fit in pretty well with that group. That leftover conference is a hell of an upgrade over the one we are currently in.
You forgot Kansas State and North Carolina State

Reaction Score
So the questions are: Who's moving, which conferences will survive the inevitable consolidation, and does UConn end up in a better position?

I think the B1g will look east first and if it gets the schools it wants from the ACC, then maybe the Big 12 survives intact and has a shot at the ACC leftovers. If that happens then UConn is likely in the ACC remnant conference. I suppose there is some chance that we could get the B1G nod so that their East coast schools are contiguous, but that's looking like an even longer shot now.

Ideally, the XII folds and the ACC does not because the XII offers fewer programs that the B1G is interested - 3 (Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas), which leaves 3 additional slots for the B1G to fill. The ACC likely has 3 solid programs that the B1G is interested in UVA, UNC, and G Tech and 2 likely programs in Duke and FSU. That would get the B1G to 20 without the need to draw from elsewhere, such as UConn. ND of course if a B1G wildcard.

So in my dream, the XII folds. Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas join the B1G. The B1G then pulls in UConn and manages to steal ND and UVA or V Tech from the ACC to get to 20. West Virginia and Cincinnati then backfill into the ACC. The ACC's remaining concern is if the SEC is interested in one or more of their NC and VA schools.

Reaction Score
You forgot Kansas State and North Carolina State

I don't think they will be left out between the P12, B10, and SEC. I see NC St. in the SEC along with VTech. I see Kansas St. possibly in the P12, maybe SEC if the SEC decides to scoop up more of the plains states with maybe Ok St. and Texas Tech.

Reaction Score
I don't think they will be left out between the P12, B10, and SEC. I see NC St. in the SEC along with VTech. I see Kansas St. possibly in the P12, maybe SEC if the SEC decides to scoop up more of the plains states with maybe Ok St. and Texas Tech.

Almost an unlimited number of possibilities.

How many teams, if any, does the Pac-12 add? Only a few serious contenders, all of whom would probably prefer the SEC or B1G. I don't see any ACC teams ending up in the Pac-12.

How many does the B1G add? The B1G would likely be the top choice for all potential 'free agents', even Notre Dame would have to strongly consider the B1G if the ACC and Big 12 collapse.

Just throwing some possibilities out there:

B1G adds 6: North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Kansas could easily be replaced by Duke or UConn.
SEC adds 2 (maybe 4): Virginia Tech and NC State (also possible is Oklahoma St and Kansas St)
Pac-12 adds 2 (maybe 4): Texas and Texas Tech (also possible is Oklahoma St and Kansas St)

That leaves:
ACC: BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Wake Forest and Duke
Big 12: Iowa St, Baylor, TCU, West Virginia (and maybe Oklahoma St and Kansas St)

UConn would fit in nicely with that group, if it doesn't end up in the B1G.

Reaction Score
I think the bottom line is that its up to the B12 now, which kinda means its up to Texas. If Texas plays ball and helps create the B12N, the B12 is likely to survive as one of the remaining power conferences going forward, even if Texas bails eventually. The B10, SEC, P12, and B12 would all have networks which would almost by default make them the P4. I'll be stunned if the B12 can't get its crap together enough to create the network when they make their decisions this summer.

Reaction Score

Under no circumstance would Clemson be left out of such a consolidation. They would be in long before Kansas St.

Reaction Score
Under no circumstance would Clemson be left out of such a consolidation. They would be in long before Kansas St.

Possibly, I'm not sure where they fit though. SC is such a small state so the SEC is probably a no. I don't think the B10 is going to even bother with SC when NC borders GA anyway. The P12, well, it's not an option for them.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Not a Tweet, but thought it should go here.

Winchester Buck on Scouts free forum said:
Posted: Yesterday 10:19 PM

Re: NCAA / Realignment Discussion (Part V)
star_40.gif
(1 vote)

I was wrong. I admit it. My source said the B1G network tv deal would be $30 million / team, two years ago. We didn't realize how good JD is.

Deal will be in the neighborhood of $40 million / team. That number is before BTN, bowls, CFP, etc

Fox's bid is for the less expensive half of tier 1/2. I've been told NBC has also bid $250. ESPN will bid higher to win the rights.

B1G is now looking to move to 20 schools and eliminate the ACC as a P5 (this will mean more CFP money for remaining P5). FSU has the blessing this time around in large part because its a state flagship of a very populous state that is football & college sports crazy. Not too mention, they can and will defeat the ACC GoR and be the first domino. It's coming.

Look for UVA, UNC, and GT to follow. B1G wants ND as #19. Not sure about #20 (may be flexible incase they use it for BC, Duke, KU or UT).

Reaction Score
TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal i've been following for a few months and enjoys. What's ur read of the scene of best case scenario for big 12?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@TheFrogCastTCU I think they are licking their chops ready to pounce on the ACC teams that Big10 does not take.

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal that's what I figured. Hoping FSU Clemson Louisville Miami. UCONN for tv reasons

@TheFrogCastTCU FSU sounds like wants the big 10 bad but the others make sense.

ScoBro ‏@scobro1 2h2 hours ago
@TheFrogCastTCU @Bluevodreal switch Georgia Tech for Miami and I would be thrilled

@scobro1 @TheFrogCastTCU GT sounds like Big 10

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
NCAA catching heat on a rigged vote on the satellite camps. New vote coming and it is starting to get exposed the deception. NCAA corrupt.

C.L.H. ‏@calluke1 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 What happened to your predictions of UCONN to Big12?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 52m52 minutes ago
@calluke1 I still believe Uconn is vital to B12N plans.

Reaction Score
The money is too high for the ACC and B12 schools to do nothing at this point. When these schools are looking at an additional $20m a year, the money is just way too high. They have to move. AND, any move also means expanding the CFP because the B1G would be too big.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The money is too high for ACC and Big 12 teams not to do something....but is the money high enough in the Big Ten where they're not going to see a need to expand any further?

Unless it's Texas and North Carolina, why bother?

Reaction Score

Depends on what you mean by left out. If the ACC and Big 12 collapse the only landing spots for Clemson are the B1G, SEC, Pac-12 and the 'Misfit Toys' conference.
The SEC already has South Carolina, not sure they would add another SC team.
I don't think the Pac-12 is an option.
I don't see Clemson in the B1G.
That leaves the Misfit Toys. That may not be where Clemson wants to be, but it might be an upgrade from the current ACC, depending on who else ends up there.

Reaction Score
Depends on what you mean by left out. If the ACC and Big 12 collapse the only landing spots for Clemson are the B1G, SEC, Pac-12 and the 'Misfit Toys' conference.
The SEC already has South Carolina, not sure they would add another SC team.
I don't think the Pac-12 is an option.
I don't see Clemson in the B1G.
That leaves the Misfit Toys. That may not be where Clemson wants to be, but it might be an upgrade from the current ACC, depending on who else ends up there.
Don't look for USC east to welcome Clemson with open arms and support them for SEC membership. Best way I can describe that relationship is UConn/BC

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Almost an unlimited number of possibilities.

How many teams, if any, does the Pac-12 add? Only a few serious contenders, all of whom would probably prefer the SEC or B1G. I don't see any ACC teams ending up in the Pac-12.

How many does the B1G add? The B1G would likely be the top choice for all potential 'free agents', even Notre Dame would have to strongly consider the B1G if the ACC and Big 12 collapse.

Just throwing some possibilities out there:

B1G adds 6: North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Kansas could easily be replaced by Duke or UConn.
SEC adds 2 (maybe 4): Virginia Tech and NC State (also possible is Oklahoma St and Kansas St)
Pac-12 adds 2 (maybe 4): Texas and Texas Tech (also possible is Oklahoma St and Kansas St)

That leaves:
ACC: BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Wake Forest and Duke
Big 12: Iowa St, Baylor, TCU, West Virginia (and maybe Oklahoma St and Kansas St)

UConn would fit in nicely with that group, if it doesn't end up in the B1G.
Capturehgok.PNG

It makes for an intersting map. Maybe kick Wake for Cincy? Clemson would probably end up in the SEC right?

Reaction Score
View attachment 13333
It makes for an interesting map. Maybe kick Wake for Cincy? Clemson would probably end up in the SEC right?

Based on market size, I can see the SEC adding a second team in TX or FL if needed and options such as NC and VA have already been taken (SEC to 20 members) or are not available; but, I can't see the SEC taking a second team in SC. Just too small.

Reaction Score
The money is too high for ACC and Big 12 teams not to do something....but is the money high enough in the Big Ten where they're not going to see a need to expand any further?

Unless it's Texas and North Carolina, why bother?

Eliminating one conference means more CFP money for the remaining conferences. Also less inventory from competitors re: TV contacts, so those numbers go up even more when bid next time around.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest has to be very very nervous right now. And, also any non-football powers. BC, Syracuse, Pitt, very nervous. The nightmare for these schools is that the left-outs are all weak in basketball.

Clemson, Miami, VT, NC State might band together with the B12 left behinds. What incentive do they have to add northeast basketball? I don't see why.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Wake Forest has to be very very nervous right now. And, also any non-football powers. BC, Syracuse, Pitt, very nervous. The nightmare for these schools is that the left-outs are all weak in basketball.

Clemson, Miami, VT, NC State might band together with the B12 left behinds. What incentive do they have to add northeast basketball? I don't see why.

duck... I'd be nervous if I was Duke. There's no program in the country with a value more overstated than Duke. They're a Coach K retirement and a bad coaching hire away from being irrelevant. Their football program is basically Rutgers. There's a future in which Cameron Indoor isn't historic... and becomes just old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom