Nebraska transfer Andrew White | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nebraska transfer Andrew White

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
.412 from 3 pt range (87 of 211 = 2.6 per game) (and 77.5 FT %) (FG % .481) . The guy can shoot and rebound.
Looks very good from here.

Andrew White

Reaction Score
Would be a great get, definitely think UConn will at least reach out. Since our 3s and 4s essentially have four total years of college experience between them it'd be nice to have a guy who has three years under his belt in the Big XII and Big Ten. 48/41/78 is a pretty solid shooting line, to say the least. White's stats resemble Hamilton's if you trade the play making ability for statistical efficiency, which would surely make for an interesting addition considering the fact we are in position to have two high-quality point guards for the first time since 2013-14. White increases our chances of being a dangerous team in March.

Reaction Score
It's heartening to see that, I have at least gotten some of the young gun posters to start asking the right questions. That's the first step in any learning process - good focused questions.

You have to know that's not actually the case right?

Looking at the current rooster

LL
?

outsourcing 3-4 years of S&C and bringing in a somewhat finished product.

So then you agree, its not unusual that it might take already lanky, skinny big men a few years to develop. Not every player comes into school looking like Shaq.

As for First Night - I recognize the comments may have been in jest - but actually it's an excellent point. Let me teach you why

This line is successful... in pissing me off.

Oh, wise basketball sage, what other great lessons can you impart upon us?

Stop hitting the peace pipe so hard, m'kay, Chief?

C

Chief00

You have to know that's not actually the case right?

LL
?

So then you agree, its not unusual that it might take already lanky, skinny big men a few years to develop. Not every player comes into school looking like Shaq.

This line is successful... in pissing me off.

Oh, wise basketball sage, what other great lessons can you impart upon us?

Stop hitting the peace pipe so hard, m'kay, Chief?

Where do I start?

Yes, I expect to see further incremental progress in years 3 and 4 - but in a good S&C program one should see substantial progress after both the first and second year. I liked the video - nothing fancy here in strength training - free weights bench presses and curls but yes I prefer that over some obscure academic theory that gets applied in very subtle theoretical ways.

The workout routine I also like - lots of repetition, very little downtime and training is applied to game situations - screens, three pointers, cross over dribbles - I think he has an efficient game - very purposeful and not a lot of First Night type glitz.

I also like guys who practice vertical, repetitive dunks with no more than one step - that along with the free weights helps you finish strong.

The rope jumping was impressive too since it included a change of pace and gear - although I recognize Travis does advocate rope jumping too.

Reaction Score
I see references to White as a wing despite the rebounding. Where would we play him? They wouldn't have him start over Larrier I wouldn't think who sat a year to play. If we were going to pick up a guy like this I would think we would be looking for an experienced 4 who can bang and rebound. Not that I'm sure he has any interest in us or us him.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
As great as this guy plays, I'm willing to let him go I think it throws a wrench into chemistry when these dudes show up as much as people like to think it doesn't.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I get that a guy who is bringing up drama like this may be bad for chemistry, and the grad transfer route didn't exactly work out well last year. That being said I think this kid is more talented than any grad transfer we've gotten under Ollie (Miller is really the only guy I think could be as purely talented as White). I think we could definitely use another talented wing player, especially one who made over 41% of his 3's on 2.6 attempts per game.

Ollie's offensive system becomes anemic without reliable 3pt shooters, and while we have Purvis who has become reliable in that regard, as well as a freshman Jackson who is pegged as a long range shooter, I don't think it's enough. Freshman typically always struggle shooting at an efficient clip and I'm not sure Larrier will be spotting up from the 3pt line very much for us.

Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think that we trust KO to check it out and give him a look. He sounds like he could play some 3/4 with Larrier playing some 3/4, and Rodney playing some 2/3.

I can see Nebraska fans feeling a little betrayed sort of, maybe, I guess, as I know nothing about the situation but it sounds like they were barely going to be decent with him and will plummet to crappiness level without him.

This as an opportunity to be explored if KO can get a foot in the door. Any good video?

Reaction Score

Probably disappointed, but coach is giving him a full release so it doesn't appear to be THAT bad

Reaction Score
Where do I start?

Yes, I expect to see further incremental progress in years 3 and 4 - but in a good S&C program one should see substantial progress after both the first and second year. I liked the video - nothing fancy here in strength training - free weights bench presses and curls but yes I prefer that over some obscure academic theory that gets applied in very subtle theoretical ways.

The workout routine I also like - lots of repetition, very little downtime and training is applied to game situations - screens, three pointers, cross over dribbles - I think he has an efficient game - very purposeful and not a lot of First Night type glitz.

I also like guys who practice vertical, repetitive dunks with no more than one step - that along with the free weights helps you finish strong.

The rope jumping was impressive too since it included a change of pace and gear - although I recognize Travis does advocate rope jumping too.
Do you even lift, bro?

Reaction Score
We are in a mid-major conference, yet we have a top 10 recruiting class coming in next season.
We are in good shape for multiple 2017-18 recruits, and it's still June 2016. What recruiting lull?
Oh yeah, did I mention it's June 2016?
Not critical of recruiting but we need help down low for this season. We need strength and skill down there and I'm a little surprised that more don't think that we do from what I read. Am I the only one who thinks we haven't addressed this? Maybe it's too late to do anything about it for this season but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

Reaction Score
I saw that article earlier. I'll pass on him. Seems to be all about himself.

Reaction Score
Andrew came in as a transfer from Kansas and everyone understood why he left there, because he wanted to play. He worked hard for us in the year he had to sit out and was a great player for us last year. But this offseason as he was touring the NBA and going through workouts you could tell that his huskers team at home was the last thing on his mind. When he tweeted his return about withdrawing from the draft all he said was "I am returning to college basketball". It really caught me off-guard that he was leaving, next year was suppose to be one of our best years in the last decade and now our best player just abandons us because he thinks going to a blue-blood school will better help his non-existent draft possibilities?

Reaction Score
Welcome to the world of players with NBA aspirations. The pros- better players. The cons- bigger egos and the ability for them to leave and provide for their families. Lots of times when it seems its all about them- there is a needy family somewhere in the background and it starts to make more sense from the players perspective.
It still sucks for the fans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01