Nebraska transfer Andrew White | The Boneyard

Nebraska transfer Andrew White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andrew White, 6-7 forward, 16pts, 6 rbs requests release from Nebraska as a grad transfer. Immediately eligible.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
THIS is the grad transfer we could use. I hope Ollie is on the phone.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Any indication on his opinions of First Night?

Reaction Score
16 and 6 in a major conference, at 6'7, is exactly the 4 we need. Basically a Shonn Miller replacement.

After a recruiting lull, this would be a major get.

Reaction Score
After a recruiting lull, this would be a major get.
Please tell me this is some stupid hypothetical and you don't mean UConn is coming out of a recruiting lull

But knowing you and your tragic IQ deficiency, I'm sadly expecting the latter

Reaction Score
Please tell me this is some stupid hypothetical and you don't mean UConn is coming out of a recruiting lull

But knowing you and your tragic IQ deficiency, I'm sadly expecting the latter

lol, OK tough guy.

It's been a quiet spring/summer. The last few years we've had future-year (i.e. '17) commits around this time. We didn't get any of the transfers we looked at so far. Though I did forget about Vital, so maybe it's about on par.

Either way, we do need this guy.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear I don't know if either he or we have interest. I was just posting the fact that he popped up on the Twitter radar.

Reaction Score
One of the best players in the big ten wow , He would be an unbelievable get for any team. Ollie could sell him as being the final piece and a starter.

Adams/gilbert
purvis/vital
Larrier/jackson
White/Durham/diarra
AB/facey/Enoch

12 playable guys

Reaction Score
Is white a power forward? I think I watched him one or two times, but I can't remember. We really aren't in need of a SF if that's where he wants to slot (and he very well may, considering his size would make him a SF in the nba). Anyone with more info on the kid? Seems like a player

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
lol, OK tough guy.

It's been a quiet spring/summer. The last few years we've had future-year (i.e. '17) commits around this time. We didn't get any of the transfers we looked at so far. Though I did forget about Vital, so maybe it's about on par.

Either way, we do need this guy.
We are in a mid-major conference, yet we have a top 10 recruiting class coming in next season.
We are in good shape for multiple 2017-18 recruits, and it's still June 2016. What recruiting lull?
Oh yeah, did I mention it's June 2016?

Reaction Score
Andrew White is a really good college player, really good kid too.

If Uconn could ever get we would be so lucky.

Prototypical 2 guard, extremely talented and solid.

#believeme

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We are in a mid-major conference, yet we have a top 10 recruiting class coming in next season.
We are in good shape for multiple 2017-18 recruits, and it's still June 2016. What recruiting lull?
Oh yeah, did I mention it's June 2016?
I think he just meant it's been quiet on the recruiting front in the past few weeks

C

Chief00

But what kind of explosive strength training has he undergone?

It's heartening to see that, I have at least gotten some of the young gun posters to start asking the right questions. That's the first step in any learning process - good focused questions.

Looking at the current rooster - I see our two biggest needs to be rebounding and 3 point shooting. A cursory overview of White is that he would address both of these two weak areas.

So let's begin with the obvious - how many returning guys averaged 6 rebounds a game? Essentially if we get White, KO is using the Shonn Miller model - outsourcing 3-4 years of S&C and bringing in a somewhat finished product. At this point, practical wins although long term by creatively by-passing systematic problems you are not getting to the long term solution - you need to fix the underlying problem - our S&C program is not achieving necessary results.

As for First Night - I recognize the comments may have been in jest - but actually it's an excellent point. Let me teach you why - given the calendar for grad transfer students - the glitter of First Night is never part of the equation. It's more of a basketball centric decision made by a more mature 21/22 year old rather than an 17/18 year old who is impressed more with the show. Needless to say we have had some success going this route in recent years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
He is from Richmond Va an Eastern kid.
So we have a slim chance
My guess is an ACC school or somebody like VCU ,WVA or Georgetown
Sounds like he has had enough of the Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors