Nebraska transfer Andrew White | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nebraska transfer Andrew White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andrew White lll, has a problem which is Andrew White Jr, a helicopter father. I would tell folks to read the friar forum for the skinny on this young man.

Reaction Score
Just surfing some of the other boards tonight. Looks like 5 coaches reached out to Goodman for the phone # of AW within 10 minutes or so after it was made public of the transfer (something like that). A poster with over 7k posts on the Purdue board claims the "rumor" is coaches from Michigan, Creighton, VT and Maryland have reached out to AW. Not much circulating at all on AW.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So, we do not appear to have reached out?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He's gonna go to Maryland under the Sulaimon sales pitch.

Reaction Score
So, we do not appear to have reached out?

I would be surprised if Shaka doesn't reach out to him at some point. Texas for example is really young with talent so adding a guy like this as a grad transfer could be an easy transition in July. Other than Jarrett Allen most are highly ranked 4 year type of guys. VT is a local school that originally offered. I guess they could run with Blackshear, Leday, White, Hill and Allen as starters but the return of Ty Outlaw is pretty big news for Tech. So who knows how the chemistry aspect would work over in Blackburg. If KO stated "We have our nets down" for 5th year guys then it could be implied we have reached out to some degree considering the limited pool of candidates available at the moment.

Reaction Score
He's gonna go to Maryland under the Sulaimon sales pitch.

Assuming White does opt for the grad transfer instead of other alternatives...maybe he would feel more comfortable playing in a league other than the Big Ten? Not sure how the scheduling breaks down in that conference in 16-17. It wouldn't surprise me though that MD reached out. Creighton is another Nebraska school and with Watson Jr., Marcus Foster and Cole Huff as a VERY solid trio...I wonder how White would fit in. It could work but guys like Thomas and Harreel Jr. would be bumped down. IF Creighton could run out Watson, Foster, White, Huff and Patton/Hanson they could be title contenders with Nova/X in the BE. They will be good either way though.

Reaction Score
Sorry too talented to say no or at the very least dig in and see if there's a fit. Again, we are lucky to sniff the NIT last year without Gibbs/Miller.

Michael Bruntz‏@michaelbruntz
Michael Bruntz Retweeted Mike Hughes

Could White III be the player to be named later in the Anton Gill trade?

Michael Bruntz added,

Mike Hughes@ITVHughes
#Louisville basketball interested in Nebraska graduate transfer Andrew White; Latest >> http://louisville. .com/Bolt/Louisville-interested-in-Nebraska-graduate-transfer-46038356… via @247Sports (VIP)

Andrew White Could Soon Be A Louisville Cardinal

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think taking a grad transfer is often times short-sighted. If you're already a final four caliber team and you add that missing piece through a grad transfer, that makes sense. When you have a team of talented freshman/sophomore's (like we do) that have the potential to be very good in a couple years, you can stunt their development. I'd rather we not take a grad transfer this year and let the younger players see the court more and build chemistry.
One is fine, two seemed to create some problems

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Just surfing some of the other boards tonight. Looks like 5 coaches reached out to Goodman for the phone # of AW within 10 minutes or so after it was made public of the transfer (something like that). A poster with over 7k posts on the Purdue board claims the "rumor" is coaches from Michigan, Creighton, VT and Maryland have reached out to AW. Not much circulating at all on AW.
VT? Is he into skiing?

Reaction Score
Apparently he's going on a visit to Syracuse.....

This league really kills our recruiting hopes sometimes.....

Reaction Score
LOL at the people who said Syracuse's sanctions were harsh and would hurt their recruiting.

Reaction Score
They aren't exactly hitting the cover off the ball.

Depends on how you define that? They are hitting as well as we are.

In 2016 they got the #19 class including the
#35 and #40 players and that ranking did not include #84 Taureen Thompson which should move them up.

In 2015 they got the #35, #64, #77 and #86.

In 2016 we got #34, #47, #80, #133 and #145 for the #9 class.

In 2015 we got #23 and #58

In total:

Syracuse - 35, 35, 40, 64, 77, 84 and 86
UConn - 23, 34, 47, 58, 80, 133 and 145

Pretty damn even and people are raving about our recruiting. And keep in mind that Rivals ranked Adams the highest. And, on Scout, our 2016 class has dropped to #14.

The Rivals comment on Syracuse's 2016 class, prior to even getting Taureen was the following, "NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions don't seem to have hurt the Orange's recruiting efforts at all. Battle is a big wing with shooting touch while Moyer is a bouncy and versatile swingman who has some C.J. Fair in his game."

Cue the conference excuses. Just don't look at how well Nova and Marquette have been doing the last couple of years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At what cost down the line, though? Enoch and Adams both would have had more playing time last year if we didn't have Gibbs and Miller.
I'm not saying I wish we didn't take them, but there's really no experience like live game experience.

What do you think was more important to the program last year? PT for rooks or making the Dance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom