ncaa prediction? seeds | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ncaa prediction? seeds

Reaction Score
Right on the 3/4 line, wouldn't be surprised by either.

I expect we'll be in Albany either way. Really hope we don't get a 4/13 with Iona.

I think if a #3 we're more likely to be in MSG, less so if a #4 (they don't want to potentially disadvantage the #1 seed in the Sweet 16 that badly). Honestly, I wouldn't mind going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I’ve said this in another thread but I have my doubts the committee will put us in the East as a 3 or a 4 seed after the home crowd we had in ‘14 vs Iowa St and Mich St. Don’t get me wrong, it was awesome, but they might see it as a competitive disadvantage to the other top seeds. It would be fantastic, but I just don’t think it will happen. I think it’s more likely we’ll be a 3 seed in Albany for Rds 1&2, and then be sent out of the region.

Reaction Score
I hope that I am wrong, but after our performances in the 2nd half of the tourney win over PC, and last night's horrible overall showing, we drop to a 5 seed.
How does the 2nd half of the PC game influence seeding? The committee looks at wins and losses. They don't break up games into sections to see what a team did. UConn was favored by 7 and they won by 7. None of us were happy with the 10 minute melt down but it has absolutely no influence on seeding.

Reaction Score
How does the 2nd half of the PC game influence seeding? The committee looks at wins and losses. They don't break up games into sections to see what a team did. UConn was favored by 7 and they won by 7. None of us were happy with the 10 minute melt down but it has absolutely no influence on seeding.
The committee absolutely does not have time to evaluate 8-minute stretches of individual games. They look at results.

Reaction Score
25 hours until we find out

Reaction Score
I suspect we'll be a 4 seed.

As far as results, I'll be upset if we lose in the 1st round, content if we lose in the 2nd round and ecstatic if we make it to the 2nd weekend.

I'm going to predict we make it to the sweet 16

Reaction Score
25 hours until we find out
E37288DB-2F65-4DC5-B87C-CDAA6CFEE5BF.gif

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Should be a 3 seed, hopefully in the East.

There's a tremendous amount of pressure on Hurley now to perform in this tournament. He's got the program in a great place where we're better each season, recruiting is humming, and a top 10-15 team nationally...

The elephant in the room is no Big East regular season titles, no Big East tournament titles, and no NCAA tournament wins. He's getting a rep/already has a rep as not being a big game coach. He can change all that the next week+. Things are going to get kind of ugly if we don't make it out of the first weekend, so let's make sure we do.
My serious curiosity as to your opinions is based on you using the pronoun "we," just as I usually do in referring to UConn. I trust you as a knowledgeable fan and supporter, and I have acknowledged the quality of your comments as the season has matured.

"There's a tremendous amount of pressure on Hurley..." is voiced by use of the passive verb "to be."

Who do you believe is putting the pressure on Hurley?

It could be several sources: himself, his family, the UConn Athletic Department, major boosters, University administration, CT-based media, national media, the casual fan base, fans who are active within social media, the latter of which includes The Boneyard.

I'm interested in your take, and that of anyone else who wants to weigh in.

Related to The Boneyard, what would you assess as the split between those who could be identified predominantly as pressure sources versus those who could be identified predominantly as support sources.

I consider myself strongly as a support source, and I've argued that emphasis placed on pressure over support works to the team's detriment. Even with Hurley's detractors casually criticizing his mental & emotional stability & maturity, there seems to be little that will dissuade those who are skeptical or unhappy with his performance from adding to the pressure by concentrating on negative outlook, pessimistic predictions, and sarcastic doubt. Do you or anyone else have anything to offer that would support making the 'inner game' easier for the team?

Thanks in advance to anyone courageous enough to address such hard-to-measure considerations.

Reaction Score
Penn State just did us a big solid by beating Indiana. One less team that could have leapfrogged us by winning their conference tourney. Now we need Marquette and Duke to win tonight and we’re guaranteed a 3 seed

Reaction Score
I've got them as the last 3 seed, with Xavier as the first 4 seed. If Xavier wins, they flip.

Reaction Score
Penn State just did us a big solid by beating Indiana. One less team that could have leapfrogged us by winning their conference tourney. Now we need Marquette and Duke to win tonight and we’re guaranteed a 3 seed
Marquette looks great. X will need to play a phenomenal second half after spotting Marquette a 15 point lead at halftime.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Id say best case is a 4 but likely a 5 but people nationally seem to really like this team so we may luck out and get a 4.
We aren’t a 5 seed. We should be a 3 but probably will end with a 4 . I’d much prefer the 3 in this case , I’d give up msg to sign up for a 3 , I think playing a 14 and 6/11 winner is a huge advantage over a 13 and 5/12 this year. Marquette just played their way into a solid 2 with win tonight, honestly if UCLA loses tonight and/or Purdue goes down tomorrow they may have a very outside chance at a 1, totally doubtful, but a very small percentage chance. It at minimum deserves a glance by the committee.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We aren’t a 5 seed. We should be a 3 but probably will end with a 4 . I’d much prefer the 3 in this case , I’d give up msg to sign up for a 3 , I think playing a 14 and 6/11 winner is a huge advantage over a 13 and 5/12 this year. Marquette just played their way into a solid 2 with win tonight, honestly if UCLA loses tonight and/or Purdue goes down tomorrow they may have a very outside chance at a 1, totally doubtful, but a very small percentage chance. It at minimum deserves a glance by the committee.
20 minutes left. Hope you're not counting your money yet.

Reaction Score
Kansas is getting killed. They should drop to a 2, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom