ncaa prediction? seeds | Page 6 | The Boneyard

ncaa prediction? seeds

Reaction Score
Everything went UConn’s way today in terms of tourney rankings. Indians lost, Marquette won. Not sure if the Duke/UVA game matters, but it seems like UVA would be morel likely to sneak into a 3 with a win. Duke will be a tough 4. Still thinks it comes to UConn and Tennessee. Marquette blowing out X may make a difference

Reaction Score
Please tell me that Duke doesn't matter how we will be seeded tomorrow. I can't pull for them with a clear conscience.

Reaction Score
This might be a very hot take, but I sort of think if we get sent out West we’ll perform better.

MSG comes with big expectations, and even bigger pressure.
I agree, this team doesn't do well under pressure - being at MSG adds a ton.

Reaction Score
By all predictors Kansas after 7 losses and getting blown out in the big 12 final is a #1 seed lock? And we are worried about holding onto a 3 after our great last 3 weeks, and taking Marquette to the wire after stomping them? please.

Reaction Score
Lunardi has us in the East as the 3 with Purdue as the 1 and Baylor as the 2. I would love everything about that tbh, I think both teams are a bit overrated and obviously we would have the significant advantage of playing in Albany and MSG.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lunardi has us in the East as the 3 with Purdue as the 1 and Baylor as the 2. I would love everything about that tbh, I think both teams are a bit overrated and obviously we would have the significant advantage of playing in Albany and MSG.
I think Baylor falls off the 2 line

Reaction Score
I agree, this team doesn't do well under pressure - being at MSG adds a ton.
Im not trying to be a jerk here. We lose by 2 to a comparable Marquette team and now MSG is a liability? Give me MSG games all day!

Reaction Score
I'd say Duke winning would favor UConn because it would prevent UVA from surpassing them.
Dukes gone from being just meh, a month ago, to scary good. Hope they up in the south going thru Greensboro and seeing Alabama the second weekend. Meanwhile, place UCONN in Albany, having to get past Purdue the 2nd weekend.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lunardi's 2:45am update has UConn a 3 in Greensboro.

Amazingly, the team playing in Albany that's geographically closest is 13 seed Iona.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Lunardi's 2:45am update has UConn a 3 in Greensboro.

Amazingly, the team playing in Albany that's geographically closest is 13 seed Iona.

The later edits from a bunch of places keep us out the of the east, but still as a 3. Sigh.

Reaction Score
Im not trying to be a jerk here. We lose by 2 to a comparable Marquette team and now MSG is a liability? Give me MSG games all day!
Fans, myself included, have called it our Home away from home for years but the numbers don't really back that up. Overall including this week we are 68 W 60 L. Under Hurley we are 6 W 6 L.
If that was our 'home' win/loss record everywhere no one would be happy.
It's great for us fans, but I'm not convinced it's great for our team.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I predict:

1678622469213.png

I don't recall if Alabama is actually allowed to play in Birmingham, but if not, just switch it to Orlando and the UVA pod goes to Birmingham.

Reaction Score
I’m not great at understanding how they pick seeds, but it seemed like we were a 4 seed, beat Providence (Q2 W), lost to Marquette (Q1 L), and now we’re a consensus 3?

Doesn’t make sense in my head, can someone explain to me? Is seeding that sensitive, or are other things happening around the country to help us out?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I predict:

I don't recall if Alabama is actually allowed to play in Birmingham, but if not, just switch it to Orlando and the UVA pod goes to Birmingham.
Dammit, thought I switched Creighton and Mich St to avoid the BE and B1G clashes. Anyway, switch Creighton and MSU. And switch Illinois/Memphis and USC/Boise St. for same reason.

Reaction Score
I’m not great at understanding how they pick seeds, but it seemed like we were a 4 seed, beat Providence (Q2 W), lost to Marquette (Q1 L), and now we’re a consensus 3?

Doesn’t make sense in my head, can someone explain to me? Is seeding that sensitive, or are other things happening around the country to help us
At this point we are a 3 or a 4 and you can make an argument for either one against other teams on those same seed lines and not be totally wrong either way. Our entire resume is very good and compares to any team on the 3 line. That said, weirder things have happened if we got seeded as a 4

Reaction Score
Fans, myself included, have called it our Home away from home for years but the numbers don't really back that up. Overall including this week we are 68 W 60 L. Under Hurley we are 6 W 6 L.
If that was our 'home' win/loss record everywhere no one would be happy.
It's great for us fans, but I'm not convinced it's great for our team.
Those are pretty lackluster numbers, I'll agree. But when I thought about them playing out west, I felt a little safer only because I think a loss at MSG would hurt too much. I think that's in the back of our minds. I'd still rather play there

Reaction Score
The later edits from a bunch of places keep us out the of the east, but still as a 3. Sigh.
If Marquette is the East 2 seed then UConn as a 3 seed won't be in the East.

Reaction Score
Does Marquette move to the 2 line? If not and we are both 3s I still think we get the east.

Reaction Score
One thing I don't get is why is Providence a lock? Only team they've beaten in the last 3 weeks is Georgetown (who they are about to lose their coach to). 3-8 Q1, 0-7 vs teams neutral or away that will make the NCAAs. Total record of 10-11 in non-Q4 games. 55 NET, 44 Kenpom. That's a NIT team.

Reaction Score
One thing I don't get is why is Providence a lock? Only team they've beaten in the last 3 weeks is Georgetown (who they are about to lose their coach to). 3-8 Q1, 0-7 vs teams neutral or away that will make the NCAAs. Total record of 10-11 in non-Q4 games. 55 NET, 44 Kenpom. That's a NIT team.
They'll probably make it but I don't think they're a lock

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the moment I am not concerned with where we are seeded, the locations of our games or who will be in our bracket.

What happens this tournament will be entirely in us. We are capable of running through everyone out the and we are capable of laying an egg. Seeding, location, matchups won't matter one bit if we play our game and they won't help at all if we don't.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So after fixing the thing to eliminate intraconference meetups in first round, this is what I'm bringing to go head to head with Lunardi and Palm.
1678633619154.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom