ncaa prediction? seeds | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ncaa prediction? seeds

Reaction Score
Top 4 seed, elite eight, or sweet sixteen depending on matchups.
3 or 4. As an outlier, rather a 6 than the 4-5 line; but this team earned better than a six and I'm afraid, not enough for a 3

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
1. Don't much care if 3 or 4 as long as it's Albany/MSG.
2. Don't wish to be the 4 in same bracket with Duke as the 5. They're playing extremely hot past few weeks, maybe better than anyone.

Reaction Score
2. Don't wish to be the 4 in same bracket with Duke as the 5. They're playing extremely hot past few weeks, maybe better than anyone.
On the plus side, if we play Duke many people on the board will get their wish of an Adama-Clingan lineup

Reaction Score
Lets talk about Albany

Teams certainly ahead of us and their closest site.

Alabama and Houston - Birmingham
Kansas and Texas - Des Moines
Purdue and Marquette - Columbus
UCLA and Gonzaga - Sacramento
Arizona and Baylor - Denver
Kansas St - Greensboro

That now places the question on positioning of the next 5 seeds (the final 3 and the four 4s) and where their closest site is out of Greensboro (1), Orlando (2), and Albany (2)

Tennessee - Greensboro then Orlando
Xavier - Greensboro then Albany
Indiana - Greensboro then Albany
UConn - Albany then Greensboro
Virginia - Greensboro then Albany

So that being said. Tennessee shouldnt effect us. If they dont get Greensboro they will get Orlando.

But if we fall behind 2 of the 3 of Xavier, Indiana, Virginia…we are going to be sent to Orlando.

Just a small subplot to follow today. We should be comfortably ahead of Indiana and Virginia, but the committees gonna committee.

Reaction Score
Yes I'll be satisfied with a sweet 16, I've said that all season but that needs to be the minimum with this team. That would at least be a next step and take a bunch of the pressure off. If that doesn't happen, the pressure to win next season will be insane and there will be a ton of talk about if we need to go in a different direction.
Short of some disaster sub 500 season there’s literally no chance we’ll be looking for a new coach after next year. Anyone who thinks this has no clue how the university values him.

Reaction Score
Lets talk about Albany

Teams certainly ahead of us and their closest site.

Alabama and Houston - Birmingham
Kansas and Texas - Des Moines
Purdue and Marquette - Columbus
UCLA and Gonzaga - Sacramento
Arizona and Baylor - Denver
Kansas St - Greensboro

That now places the question on positioning of the next 5 seeds (the final 3 and the four 4s) and where their closest site is out of Greensboro (1), Orlando (2), and Albany (2)

Tennessee - Greensboro then Orlando
Xavier - Greensboro then Albany
Indiana - Greensboro then Albany
UConn - Albany then Greensboro
Virginia - Greensboro then Albany

So that being said. Tennessee shouldnt effect us. If they dont get Greensboro they will get Orlando.

But if we fall behind 2 of the 3 of Xavier, Indiana, Virginia…we are going to be sent to Orlando.

Just a small subplot to follow today. We should be comfortably ahead of Indiana and Virginia, but the committees gonna committee.
We discussed this in another thread a week ago or so, and the question of whether Arizona wants Denver or Sacramento is intriguing. By a straight line, Denver is closer, but by best driving route, Sac is less miles. The brackets I've seen are split about where to put them. But it does have a ripple effect of possibly sending Gonzaga to Albany. But this depends on where committee slots in Gonzaga. They improved their profile and may get a 2 above Baylor. If so, then that would push Baylor to one of the southern sites and still leave Albany open.

Reaction Score
This hasn't been brought up yet, I don't think. But unfortunately true. Duke will be trouble

Reaction Score
We discussed this in another thread a week ago or so, and the question of whether Arizona wants Denver or Sacramento is intriguing. By a straight line, Denver is closer, but by best driving route, Sac is less miles. The brackets I've seen are split about where to put them. But it does have a ripple effect of possibly sending Gonzaga to Albany. But this depends on where committee slots in Gonzaga. They improved their profile and may get a 2 above Baylor. If so, then that would push Baylor to one of the southern sites and still leave Albany open.
Yeah an interesting situation. But also Gonzaga being above Marquette could also push Marquette to Albany too. Theres a few more ripples for sure.

There just seems to be a large percentage of our fan base who thinks Albany is a lock for us, but truth be told its not

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This might be a very hot take, but I sort of think if we get sent out West we’ll perform better.

MSG comes with big expectations, and even bigger pressure.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I hope that I am wrong, but after our performances in the 2nd half of the tourney win over PC, and last night's horrible overall showing, we drop to a 5 seed.
Last night wasn’t horrible. The team that lined up on the other side of the court from us has lost 6 times all year, once to us. We had 5 shots to win the game. They didn’t fall.

We missed a few free throws, had two failed switches that cost us 6 points and paid our tax for Taliek’s 3 against Pitt 20 years later to Cam Jones.

I’m really tired of this we’re UConn this is unacceptable BS. Respect this team. It’s a great one. They lost a tough game against a great team and yes it wasn’t our A game. Great teams survive bad shooting nights, this was a bounce away from being a scenario where we did.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Every school in D1 is required to submit their preferences for first/second round sites as well as regionals. This submission is considered for reasons like this.

Reaction Score
Horrible showing? How so?
I reference Chief's Briefs that explains it all. It was a winnable game that was lost due to many mental errors, not the least of which was the poor play by Hawk and AJ and poor in-game coaching decisions (yet again). Example: no TO during the last drive to put in the double BIG during the last play of the game.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think it's a tossup between a three seed and a four seed and in all candor, considering what I've seen across all of college hoops this year I'm not sure there really would be that much difference (with exceptions of any specific matchups that would be more unfavorable than seedings would normally indicate) between the seeds numbers.

While I hope I am wrong, I strongly believe that we won't be in the east as this would lead to a one seed having to play us at MSG in the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Lunardi still has us as a 3, and we actually passed Tennessee despite the loss.

1678557977285.gif

Reaction Score
Last night wasn’t horrible. The team that lined up on the other side of the court from us has lost 6 times all year, once to us. We had 5 shots to win the game. They didn’t fall.

We missed a few free throws, had two failed switches that cost us 6 points and paid our tax for Taliek’s 3 against Pitt 20 years later to Cam Jones.

I’m really tired of this we’re UConn this is unacceptable BS. Respect this team. It’s a great one. They lost a tough game against a great team and yes it wasn’t our A game. Great teams survive bad shooting nights, this was a bounce away from being a scenario where we did.
Finally someone that sees the picture clearly. Joey C hits one of those 3's or Hawk hits his we are not hearing this stuff. Comes down to we missed too many open 3s and too many free throws. Again, how did we lose by only two with poor performances from more than one player? I think it means we are a good team but we can't afford to lay another egg, especially Andre. We go as Andre goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom