March Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Loomis Chaffe's Carys Baker Class of 2023 is listed in the Hoopgirlz Super 60.
She's very athletic and plays volleyball too.
MaxPreps has many short videos of her.

UConn have interest or you just posting random players that you like?

Reaction Score
I was just watching the Texas-Baylor game and it dawned on me that Ayanna Patterson's game is incredibly similar to Naylssa Smith's. Probably not the first to mention that here but I went back to ESPN to compare the write ups on both of them.......lot's of similarities.....same height, similar skill set and crazy athletic abilities. Smith was actually ranked 13th in her 2018 class while Patterson is ranked 5th. Could it be that UConn has one of the great forwards in WBB in the next four years? Nobody knows for sure but I look forward to watching her development.

ESPN's analysis of Ayanna Patterson

Explosively athletic prospect with versatility; quick-leaper, competes on glass, wins the battle; rebounds and attacks in transition game; rises on jumper in mid-range game, manufactures shots with college-ready frame; an impact prospect in the class of 2022. (Olson)

Ultra-athletic perimeter prospect attacks off the dribble, elevates and finishes plays in the key; pogo-stick leaper attacks the glass; mid-range game producer; versatile defender; oozes potential. (Olson)

ESPN's analysis of Nalyssa Smith

Ultra-athletic faceup-4 performer attacks rim off the dribble, creates and finishes plays vs. contact; pounds glass, rebounds and finishes plays in transition; emerging offensive game moves to the arc; among the elite prospects in the class. (Olson)

Explosively athletic interior prospect with off-the-charts potential; quick-leaper, active on glass; emerging mid-post attack, elevates in key; shot blocker with superb mobility in uptempo game. (Olson)

Reaction Score
I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday during the Baylor / Texas game. The hair might have something to do with it, both afros, but they are similar in their games. Ayanna would do well to model her game after Nalyssa Smith. She is a force on the boards and can put up high efficiency numbers. It's also interesting that she improved substantially during her career at Baylor but her first year was by far her worst. I've seen several games by Rori Harmon now and her numbers don't look that great but both times I saw her play she dominated.

Reaction Score
Suddenly we’re becoming Louisville?
Initial interest letter and questionnaire is SOP for most all programs. Just lets the kids/parents know that only they can make contact with the coaches until their junior year.

Reaction Score
1647378451686.png

If we can land at least 1 more of the top 4, I promise to say my prayers and eat all my vegetables. C is MY pick.

Reaction Score

Loved videos of Prince. Unlike many you see where the recruit looks like she is playing against middle school students, Price is matched up against taller competitors as well as being double teamed. Reminds me of Paige's HS videos in terms of being able to create shots from anywhere.

Reaction Score
I still think Jadyn Donovan would be a great fit and fill the role of CW very well when she leaves. Great defender, gets out great on the break and can play up tempo with anyone. She would have a role with this team.

jadyn-donovan

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I’m hoping for 2. C who reminds me of Stewie and Mikayla Williams who can be our Maya Moore 2.0. Let’s go UConn go after them
Also Booker then when you add in Shade and Arnold they will be the royal flush class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom