March Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
ZZ...only a frosh! I wonder if Ayanna Patterson would look at this video and think 'that reminds me
of me when I was a frosh!'

Reaction Score
Might mean no senior season.
That would certainly be a huge disappointment for her. However, another big loss for her in terms of her game development will be not being able to play against decent AAU competition this spring and summer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Report on new POI Zaniah Zellous for WV players though she is a '25 not a '26.

Zaniah Zellous, Linsly, 6-2, Post – Zellous stands as the undisputed best player in the class of 2026.

Yes, already. Any time someone can touch the rim as a ninth-grader, it tends to make a big splash. That’s not all that stands out about the Linsly frosh. Not even close. Looking at her entire game gives a more in-depth diagnosis of her early development.

As a shot blocker, she’s nailed the concept of letting the ball come to her instead of swatting down at smaller plays. As a tall wing, she can run the floor and bring the ball up the court with confidence.

Her floor presence brings it all together, especially on the offensive end. By already being so plugged into the Linsly offense, she actively reads when a teammate is driving and clears out of the lane but gets back down in the post for the rebound in two or three steps. She covers so much ground, it’s not surprising when she snags the board.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Shavonte Zellous is 35. Might she be Zaniah's Mom???
Shavonte went to Pittsburgh for her college career....kinda close to West Virginia.

Is it possible that our very own Huskie forever Shea Ralph was an assistant at Pitt when Shavonte played there?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Shavonte Zellous is 35. Might she be Zaniah's Mom???
Shavonte went to Pittsburgh for her college career....kinda close to West Virginia.

Is it possible that our very own Husky forever Shea Ralph was an assistant at Pitt when Shavonte played there?

A younger sister?

Reaction Score
"I don't know what to say about Coach Shea other than we just loved her," Zellous said. "She was a great inspiration to us because she's been there and knows what it takes to get to the next level, the one I'm trying to reach"

Reaction Score
Since we don’t have transfer thread on the main board Coach Valley just followed grad transfer Kari Niblack formerly of WVU.
Her numbers don't really stand out - she's a 6'1" forward with an inside game........in 20 minutes she averaged 7.6 pts/ 4 rebounds per game this past season at WVU but she was Honorable Mention Big 12 twice, Academic Big12 First Team and Big 12 Sixth Man of the Year.........she could serve a role off the bench spotting Edwards for a few minutes.......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Her numbers don't really stand out - she's a 6'1" forward with an inside game........in 20 minutes she averaged 7.6 pts/ 4 rebounds per game this past season at WVU but she was Honorable Mention Big 12 twice, Academic Big12 First Team and Big 12 Sixth Man of the Year.........she could serve a role off the bench spotting Edwards for a few minutes.......

Niblack has averaged 5.8 rebounds a game over her career in 23 minutes. Plus 1.6 blocks. That's not shabby.

Reaction Score
Zealous is extremely impressive. Exceptional with both hands. Runs the foor well. Good size. Could be an athletic wing with shooting ability. How many freshmen have a left hand like that when they are right handed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom