Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 520 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
So let's try to get this back together.

I think some folks thought that wasn't just opinion but more propaganda from the BE and more than a little disrespectful. At least it came across that way. In the overall scheme of things this argument has less importance than a piss hole in the snow.

Reaction Score
So let's try to get this back together.

I think some folks thought that wasn't just opinion but more propaganda from the BE and more than a little disrespectful. At least it came across that way. In the overall scheme of things this argument has less importance than a piss hole in the snow

Sing it with me brotha!

Kumbaya…. Kumbaya….

Reaction Score
Wow. Some of our fans have such an inferiority complex. We’re fine. We’re winning championships in basketball. We’re good at baseball and hockey. Our football is getting better, etc. When the time is right, we’ll get paid.

The time was right in 2011. Over a decade later, here we are still. We're "good" at baseball but the pitiful Big East is hamstringing us. And the rise of super-conferences and ever-growing TV deals is gonna leave us in the dust if we don't our ticket on the train and fast

Reaction Score
The time was right in 2011. Over a decade later, here we are still. We're "good" at baseball but the pitiful Big East is hamstringing us. And the rise of super-conferences and ever-growing TV deals is gonna leave us in the dust if we don't our ticket on the train and fast
OK. Sounds like I can’t convince you. Please feel free to be miserable. By the way, I love Green Day. Best show ever at the Webster in Hartford in 1997.

Reaction Score
OK. Sounds like I can’t convince you. Please feel free to be miserable. By the way, I love Green Day. Best show ever at the Webster in Hartford in 1997.
As successful as American Idiot was, if they never made that album they'd be remembered much more fondly. It was a case of too much mainstream appeal running a bands reputation.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the Big East is definitely what's holding UConn back from having successful athletic programs. Can't win anything in the Big East.

/sarcasm

Of course we could win in the Big 12 too. But the Big East "hamstringing us" in baseball is absolutely not the reason to go to the Big 12. Arguments like this are why segments of this fanbase think the other segments are delusional.

Reaction Score

Not Big12 related but sounds like ACC might be looking at teams?

No, they're at the chump table and want to pretend they're successful. The rump of the ACC will add the rest of the top of the AAC when the time comes and they've met their maker.

Reaction Score
No, they're at the chump table and want to pretend they're successful. The rump of the ACC will add the rest of the top of the AAC when the time comes and they've met their maker.
I believe this is going to be our future. We’ll eventually end up in the ACC sans Clemson and FSU and probably some others.

Maybe we even add some basketball only members from the big east and hey, that starts to look a lot like the old big east.

Reaction Score
I believe this is going to be our future. We’ll eventually end up in the ACC sans Clemson and FSU and probably some others.

Maybe we even add some basketball only members from the big east and hey, that starts to look a lot like the old big east.
That WAS our most likely destination. Now it's looking like our worst-case long-term destination. UConn is trending up! The next few weeks will be interesting.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We are a good fit for the acc …
Late To The Party GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score

If you read the article... not great

"Since the first major realignment dominoes fell with Texas and Oklahoma's decision to leave the Big 12 for the SEC happened in summer 2021, the ACC has explored possible expansion options, according to multiple league administrators, running models on adding a number of potential targets, including West Virginia, SMU, Oregon and Washington. However, league officials haven't determined if any additional schools would help bridge the ACC's financial gap with the SEC and Big Ten."

Reaction Score
UCF fans being like “I don’t think pulling in any G5 programs make sense.” Guys…who the were you like yesterday?
I know we’ve been in a power conference for football longer than Cincinnati, UCF, or BYU, yet they’re looking down at us as a peasant, G5

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Unreal. You can't go to market as a 9-team league. They need to add at least one team pronto.

Reaction Score
If you read the article... not great

"Since the first major realignment dominoes fell with Texas and Oklahoma's decision to leave the Big 12 for the SEC happened in summer 2021, the ACC has explored possible expansion options, according to multiple league administrators, running models on adding a number of potential targets, including West Virginia, SMU, Oregon and Washington. However, league officials haven't determined if any additional schools would help bridge the ACC's financial gap with the SEC and Big Ten."
Of course no school added would bridge the revenue gap with the Big 10 and SEC. Notre Dame would be additive, but adding ND football doesn't close the gap that much. The ACC has too many existing schools that don't move the needle financially. Plus, the ACC dominates only 2 states, North Carolina and Virginia. Add in a terrible LT media contract and the ACC is stuck. Strategically, they are not playing for the LT, which will ultimately be their downfall.

Reaction Score

Maybe we even add some basketball only members from the big east and hey, that starts to look a lot like the old big east
I wish the ACC would just sack up and take WVU and UConn while everything is shaking up right now. I bet WVU’s buy-out is nuts but I’d have to think they’d consider it, their fans definitely want it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom