Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 521 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wish the ACC would just sack up and take WVU and UConn while everything is shaking up right now. I bet WVU’s buy-out is nuts but I’d have to think they’d consider it, their fans definitely want it.
They will grab WVU when the Big 12 GOR is up in a couple years.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I wish the ACC would just sack up and take WVU and UConn while everything is shaking up right now. I bet WVU’s buy-out is nuts but I’d have to think they’d consider it, their fans definitely want it.
West Virginia signed a GOR with the Big 12 until 2031. So it’s a non starter. Plus they make more in the b12.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Usually a lurker on the board since I’m a recent grad, really disappointed and feel like we’re gonna get left out. Being said, anyone really bothered by all the shots being taken at us by these big 12 fanbases? I can’t believe all these commuter schools who literally accept anyone with a pulse and don’t even have much history think they can talk down to us. Been in a foul mood because of all the vitriol UConn has been getting since yesterday.
They should show us the same type of respect we show PC and their fans.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there someone on here about a month ago insisting we were in talks with 2 separate p5 conferences?
A couple of us. And not the ACC. And to be frank it might have been exploratory with a mid major for a home soccer if they jump to the B12. (As I recall the B12 does not do soccer.) I would not automatically assume that it was B1G.

Reaction Score
A couple of us. And not the ACC. And to be frank it might have been exploratory with a mid major for a home soccer if they jump to the B12. (As I recall the B12 does not do soccer.) I would not automatically assume that it was B1G.

If it wasn't the ACC or the B1G, are you trying to say we were in talks with the SEC?

Reaction Score
If it wasn't the ACC or the B1G, are you trying to say we were in talks with the SEC?
If I am trying for humor I generally post a smiley face so no one thinks I am serious. No, a G5 home for soccer. But I was incorrect. B12 does have soccer. Must be another sport. But you get the general idea.

Reaction Score
If I am trying for humor I generally post a smiley face so no one thinks I am serious. No, a G5 home for soccer. But I was incorrect. B12 does have soccer. Must be another sport. But you get the general idea.
Big XII has women's soccer. West Virginia men's soccer now play in the Sun Belt Conference which also includes Kentucky and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Big XII has women's soccer. West Virginia men's soccer now play in the Sun Belt Conference which also includes Kentucky and South Carolina.
Oh, the issue is women's soccer, thanks. And UConn's program is high quality so finding a home should not be a big challenge.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Cinci shut down their men’s soccer with the move the big 12 but I think UCF still plays. Not sure if Houston shut theirs down.

Possible that with UConn, WVU and UCF that we the Big 12 could muster enough teams to sponsor men’s soccer. Cinci and Houston to play again. Plus Colorado to add? Kansas / K State to add?

I think you only need 8 teams right?

If in the remote chance Washington goes to Big 12 they also play soccer.

Reaction Score
Cinci shut down their men’s soccer with the move the big 12 but I think UCF still plays. Not sure if Houston shut theirs down.

Possible that with UConn, WVU and UCF that we the Big 12 could muster enough teams to sponsor men’s soccer. Cinci and Houston to play again. Plus Colorado to add? Kansas / K State to add?

Keep soccer regional!!!!!

Reaction Score

According to the PAC 12 site, the men's soccer standings are below. Women's soccer includes all 12 programs with UCLA and USC top of the standings. So with UCLA leaving, not sure what the PAC 12 will do with men's soccer, shut it down I suppose and join the Big West or West Coast, but I'm surprised it only has 6 programs, including SDSU:

Washington
Stanford
Oregon State
UCLA
SDSU
California

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Keep soccer regional!!!!!
I think the best option would be to keep it in the big east but they won’t have it. Do we want to downgrade to another league?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
From the athletic article that said don’t sleep on UConn. It’s in Linda’s hands. Let’s go Linda. Get it done.

When it comes to deciding what’s next, this is not a one-man decision-making process. Yormark certainly has a lot of juice right now, but it’s his board of directors, now led in the chairperson role by Baylor president Linda Livingstone, that must sign off on making expansion moves. More Power 5 additions will garner unanimous support. If those aren’t coming next, those conference sources believe Yormark will want his board to get on board with UConn.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
From the athletic article that said don’t sleep on UConn. It’s in Linda’s hands. Let’s go Linda. Get it done.

When it comes to deciding what’s next, this is not a one-man decision-making process. Yormark certainly has a lot of juice right now, but it’s his board of directors, now led in the chairperson role by Baylor president Linda Livingstone, that must sign off on making expansion moves. More Power 5 additions will garner unanimous support. If those aren’t coming next, those conference sources believe Yormark will want his board to get on board with UConn.
Linda Livingston sounds like a future villain name in UConn lore. Right next to Donna Shalala.

Reaction Score
Linda Livingstone is one of the finest human beings in academia today and it would be an honor and a privilege to welcome her to our Husky family and to the Boneyard. Welcome aboard Linda!

"Linda Parrack was born to Doyle Parrack and his wife Charlotte. She grew up in Perkins, Oklahoma, and attended Oklahoma State University, where she also played basketball.[1] Livingstone earned her bachelor's degree in economics and management and graduated Omicron Delta Kappa in 1982, where she later returned to school for a master's in business administration (MBA).[2] She received a doctorate in 1992."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom