Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 519 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
UConn is constantly in a no-win situation with the media. It's not just Fanta.

It's okay for every other school to chase P5 dollars except UConn.
yup. I really don't get it. we are a national punching bag and as far as I can tell, have done nothing to deserve it?

We're the only school I've ever seen people tell to shut down their football program, and then when we go independent to play basketball in the Big East, the same exact people ask why we left a football conference to doom our football team and go on and on about how we don't take athletics seriously.

Remember when UAB shut down their program and people just about rioted? If we did that people would cheer.

Reaction Score
yup. I really don't get it. we are a national punching bag and as far as I can tell, have done nothing to deserve it?

We're the only school I've ever seen people tell to shut down their football program, and then when we go independent to play basketball in the Big East, the same exact people ask why we left a football conference to doom our football team and go on and on about how we don't take athletics seriously.

Remember when UAB shut down their program and people just about rioted? If we did that people would cheer.
And we have one of the most successful athletic departments all around out there. It's wild.

Reaction Score
E
“Petulant child” is simply a synonym for ”has an opinion I don’t like.” The need of many here to not be able to consume a dissenting opinion without attacking the author is really sad.
Eh it's my opinion he was unprofessional. Feel free to disagree with it. He is a professional jumping on a twitter space or whatever it was saying he hopes UConn's administration is smarter than to chase Big12 offer. So if this comes to fruition are they dumb. Yeah i don't like how represented the opinion. He ranted like a child in my opinion. Feel free to have your own.

Reaction Score
Usually a lurker on the board since I’m a recent grad, really disappointed and feel like we’re gonna get left out. Being said, anyone really bothered by all the shots being taken at us by these big 12 fanbases? I can’t believe all these commuter schools who literally accept anyone with a pulse and don’t even have much history think they can talk down to us. Been in a foul mood because of all the vitriol UConn has been getting since yesterday.
Way too early. So far this is playing out exactly as we need for it to plan out. There's a lot of ways it can go wrong but so far the steps are in our favor.

Reaction Score
Who cares. UConn in the Big 12, in all honesty, doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't mean it can't and won't happen, but it's absolutely not a move that "makes sense." Get off your high horse.
Of course it makes sense!
You’re logic is outdated and not aligned with todays college athletic landscape. It’s actually outdated by about 20 years.

BC, Syracuse and Pitt in ACC? WVU in Big 12? Penn state, MD and Rutgers in Big????

USC and UCLA in Big?

So why shouldn’t UConn get it’s piece? Why should UConn forever be linked to a bunch of small private Catholic schools that have a very different mission, a very different AD budget, and specifically don’t play football? Because you have some fond memory of playing in MSG against DePaul or Marquette?

I’m so tired of hearing the Big East crowd whine about nostalgia? Where are the Yankee conference people claiming we should be playing RI, Umass, UNH and UVM? Go debate with them, and when you realize why the Big East was the right decision, you’ll realize why the Big 12 makes sense now.

In 10-15 years you want to have another debate when the ACC deal comes up, fine.
But I don’t know anyone that passes up money today for potential money in 15 years.

Reaction Score
E
Eh it's my opinion he was unprofessional. Feel free to disagree with it. He is a professional jumping on a twitter space or whatever it was saying he hopes UConn's administration is smarter than to chase Big12 offer. So if this comes to fruition are they dumb. Yeah i don't like how represented the opinion. He ranted like a child in my opinion. Feel free to have your own.
Noey — to be fair and honest, I’m much less focused on your statement than the fact that for the last week everyone who posts an opinion that we shouldn’t be asked to join the XII gets immediately attacked. Not the opinion, which is fine, but the poster. And I do think that is a “thing” in our society right now.

Reaction Score
And we have one of the most successful athletic departments all around out there. It's wild.
Yeah it's crazy how that never gets brought up nationally...

I'll be honest I think part of it is that people stuck in the 90s still have a "women's basketball school" mentality about us and that there are some feelings and stigmas around that.

Reaction Score
Noey — to be fair and honest, I’m much less focused on your statement than the fact that for the last week everyone who posts an opinion that we shouldn’t be asked to join the XII gets immediately attacked. Not the opinion, which is fine, but the poster. And I do think that is a “thing” in our society right now.
I respect that. But im on no high horse. His rant bothered me when he posted it, i didn't run here and start a thread about it. Now Fanta comes up in a thread and i bring up the context of his previous comments and i dont need no asshat telling me to get off my high horse. That is an example of what you are talking about. He disagress with my take on Fanta and I'm on a high horse? They can go lick the stains off Fanta's shirt for all i care.

Reaction Score
Of course it makes sense!
You’re logic is outdated and not aligned with todays college athletic landscape. It’s actually outdated by about 20 years.

BC, Syracuse and Pitt in ACC? WVU in Big 12? Penn state, MD and Rutgers in Big????

USC and UCLA in Big?

So why shouldn’t UConn get it’s piece? Why should UConn forever be linked to a bunch of small private Catholic schools that have a very different mission, a very different AD budget, and specifically don’t play football? Because you have some fond memory of playing in MSG against DePaul or Marquette?

I’m so tired of hearing the Big East crowd whine about nostalgia? Where are the Yankee conference people claiming we should be playing RI, Umass, UNH and UVM? Go debate with them, and when you realize why the Big East was the right decision, you’ll realize why the Big 12 makes sense now.

In 10-15 years you want to have another debate when the ACC deal comes up, fine.
But I don’t know anyone that passes up money today for potential money in 15 years.
Thank you. The only thing that makes sense to some is UConn in a conference with Nova, PC, St. John's etc.

Reaction Score
E
I guess you don’t agree with his opinion

Reaction Score
I've said this once; I'll say it again: the whole entire college sports world other than Yormark is underestimating the possibilities when it comes to Kansas versus UConn 2x a year. Think 2m eyeballs at least for that game.
Yep was thinking the same thing. For all the talk about leaving the Big East "rivalries," whatever those are, we'd play Kansas up to three times each season in what would be some of the most consequential games of the college basketball season. Maybe it won't be Duke-UNC, but I think that's a game that could quickly get to that level in importance. It would be a bit like the ND games on the women's side at the tail end of the old Big East where those were basically the biggest games of the season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
To be fair and honest?

When an attorney says something like this it's time to make sure everything that has any value is tied down.

As far as those who have opinions that we shouldn't be considered for the B-12, anyone who is willing to publicly express an opinion that ridiculous deserves whatever criticism that opinion generates.

Reaction Score
Usually a lurker on the board since I’m a recent grad, really disappointed and feel like we’re gonna get left out. Being said, anyone really bothered by all the shots being taken at us by these big 12 fanbases? I can’t believe all these commuter schools who literally accept anyone with a pulse and don’t even have much history think they can talk down to us. Been in a foul mood because of all the vitriol UConn has been getting since yesterday.
Most of the schools in the P5 look down at those not in the club despite having metrics much worse than us in almost every area. It's ridiculous how they talk about our football, and I'm thinking they should probably not be throwing stones considering they live in a glass house. If we're being honest, 2/3 of the P5 teams are hot garbage and if they were starting from scratch would be left out. Some of these schools' biggest accomplishment is getting grandfathered into the system.

Reaction Score
To be fair and honest?

When an attorney says something like this it's time to make sure everything that has any value is tied down.

As far as those who have opinions that we shouldn't be considered for the B-12, anyone who is willing to publicly express an opinion that ridiculous deserves whatever criticism that opinion generates.
I've tried to find it. It was over the top for a guy who gets paid to cover our teams and im sure is given access by the school. Again that was my opinion but I'm done with this topic unless i get some more unprovoked high horse remarks. My horse is very low to the ground.

Reaction Score
The problem is, because of the PAC dragging their feet on their media deal, it has slowed everything down to a crawl. And UConn is still in a waiting mode now to see what schools are leaving the PAC. This has given months of time to critics of UConn to voice their opinions.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UCF fans being like “I don’t think pulling in any G5 programs make sense.” Guys…who the were you like yesterday?

Reaction Score
Wow. Some of our fans have such an inferiority complex. We’re fine. We’re winning championships in basketball. We’re good at baseball and hockey. Our football is getting better, etc. When the time is right, we’ll get paid.

Reaction Score
Correct, there are many UConn basketball fans who root for BC and/or Notre Dame football.
Exactly. So the support for Uconn vs Uconn BB is a personal bias. It’s why there is such a rift in the uconn fan base.

But if that’s the logic you’re using to suggest Uconn in Big 12 doesn’t make sense, I stand by my comment that it’s outdated.

You like ND as the Catholic flag bearer for football, then you like the nice Catholic BB league where uconn is the 500lb gorilla. Uconn football is the annoyance that disrupts ND football and threatens Uconn in Big East for basketball. I don’t think it’s an uncommon position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom