Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 518 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
About the Colorado full share, it could simply be someone repeating what everyone already knows. The networks have guaranteed pro rata to any P5 invite, so in that sense, the conference automatically receives $32m with Colorado's addition.
Right, but that's the same deal for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
So if not this week, I think half time at the NCST game would be ideal. Honor the MBB Team followed by Brett Yormark and AD David Benedict at the mic. Does that work for an announcement?

Reaction Score

Yormark: "We also aren't just a football conference. On the basketball front, we've got to bring the product to all the right places, and New York is the place for it. I want us to have a big moment in New York".

If Yormark doesn't add UConn, he will never be satisfied.

Reaction Score
As he should be, he'd be losing his largest fanbase audience if we left.
He was dismissive though. Saying it made no sense and being disparaging of the school's FB aspirations. Came off like a penis to be honest.

Reaction Score
He was dismissive though. Saying it made no sense and being disparaging of the school's FB aspirations. Came off like a penis to be honest.
He loves the Big East and it's his life/job. It would be weird if it wasn't upsetting to him.

Reaction Score
Who cares. UConn in the Big 12, in all honesty, doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't mean it can't and won't happen, but it's absolutely not a move that "makes sense." Get off your high horse.

Reaction Score
He loves the Big East and it's his life/job. It would be weird if it wasn't upsetting to him.
Be a professional about it. He was a petulant child about it. He is not a boneyarder when he speaks publicly.

Reaction Score
What high horse? And what makes sense these days? Texas in the SEC? Nebraska and USC in the Big Ten? Get off yours asshat.
Correct, few of them do! That's the point he was making - it doesn't make sense. Doesn't mean it won't happen, or that it shouldn't. You're making this a strawman.

Reaction Score
Usually a lurker on the board since I’m a recent grad, really disappointed and feel like we’re gonna get left out. Being said, anyone really bothered by all the shots being taken at us by these big 12 fanbases? I can’t believe all these commuter schools who literally accept anyone with a pulse and don’t even have much history think they can talk down to us. Been in a foul mood because of all the vitriol UConn has been getting since yesterday.

Reaction Score
Usually a lurker on the board since I’m a recent grad, really disappointed and feel like we’re gonna get left out. Being said, anyone really bothered by all the shots being taken at us by these big 12 fanbases? I can’t believe all these commuter schools who literally accept anyone with a pulse and don’t even have much history think they can talk down to us. Been in a foul mood because of all the vitriol UConn has been getting since yesterday.

Good thing you missed the Louisville community college fiasco 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
Not really. We're outliers to them, and that's not an entirely incorrect thought. We're thousands of miles away and our football is historically not great. Can't expect a bunch of folks from the midwest and southwest to welcome that profile with open arms - whether those arguments are true or false.

We are not, and never will be a logical fit for the Big 12 like we were for the ACC. So it's not unexpected that a bunch of their fans think such a move would be illogical or stupid.

Reaction Score
“Petulant child” is simply a synonym for ”has an opinion I don’t like.” The need of many here to not be able to consume a dissenting opinion without attacking the author is really sad.
Depends on what the person's motivations are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom