Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 522 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
From the athletic article that said don’t sleep on UConn. It’s in Linda’s hands. Let’s go Linda. Get it done.

When it comes to deciding what’s next, this is not a one-man decision-making process. Yormark certainly has a lot of juice right now, but it’s his board of directors, now led in the chairperson role by Baylor president Linda Livingstone, that must sign off on making expansion moves. More Power 5 additions will garner unanimous support. If those aren’t coming next, those conference sources believe Yormark will want his board to get on board with UConn.
I think Baylor is in our corner. It was the Baylor AD who said that G5 schools could get pro-rata.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big 12 sponsors women’s soccer so that’s not an option per NCAA rules
It wouldn't surprise me if the Big XII starts sponsoring men's soccer. But then they'd have to add another women's sport. We'd hope that would be field hockey. WVU plays in the MAC and they are quite good.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if the Big XII starts sponsoring men's soccer. But then they'd have to add another women's sport. We'd hope that would be field hockey. WVU plays in the MAC and they are quite good.
LAX?

Reaction Score
I no longer live in CT but get back often. Seems like the New Haven and Bridgeport legacy newspaper media have at least written about this saga. Has the Courant Are they still the paper of record or have they basically given up and ceded that to CT Post and NH Register.

Before you get snarky I know it’s a dying medium but wondering who holds the most sway in it limited as it might be

Reaction Score
I no longer live in CT but get back often. Seems like the New Haven and Bridgeport legacy newspaper media have at least written about this saga. Has the Courant Are they still the paper of record or have they basically given up and ceded that to CT Post and NH Register.

Before you get snarky I know it’s a dying medium but wondering who holds the most sway in it limited as it might be

Ask yourself when was the last time the local writers ever had a scoop

They write what they are able to cobble together from the Boneyard

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The JI was killed about a month ago. Swallowed up into the Borg.

Reaction Score
The Courant is now owned by vulture capitalists who have hollowed it out. They have very few staff and most sports content they buy from other services or gig columnists some of which are very respected retirees from the paper. They no longer print the paper themselves and that is done in Springfield. It will most likely disappear in its current form within a decade.

Reaction Score
The Courant is now owned by vulture capitalists who have hollowed it out. They have very few staff and most sports content they buy from other services or gig columnists some of which are very respected retirees from the paper. They no longer print the paper themselves and that is done in Springfield. It will most likely disappear in its current form within a decade.
I guess that shows I'm old, but even though I've lived in Fairfield County for 40 years and rarely see it, for the 7 years I lived in Hartford, New Haven and Hamden in the late 70s and early 80s the Courant was a very solid paper. It still makes me said to think that not even what were good local papers aren't going to survive. And it's not good for our nation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What high horse? And what makes sense these days? Texas in the SEC? Nebraska and USC in the Big Ten? Get off yours asshat.
Tonight Show Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

CL82

Reaction Score
Not really. We're outliers to them, and that's not an entirely incorrect thought. We're thousands of miles away and our football is historically not great. Can't expect a bunch of folks from the midwest and southwest to welcome that profile with open arms - whether those arguments are true or false.

We are not, and never will be a logical fit for the Big 12 like we were for the ACC. So it's not unexpected that a bunch of their fans think such a move would be illogical or stupid.
This. We have been historically bad at the thing that matters most to them and historically good at something that most of them don't really care about. Plus, as much as some on the board are critical of the regional bias of The Boneyard, there's a lot of chatter about how "a liberal New England school" won't be a good "cultural fit" in the big 12.

We are kind of a square peg in a round hole for the big 12, but the stuff the Twitter versus latching on to is kind of silly. Hopefully in the near future other big 12 fans can hate us because we are beating them regularly. I can live with that.

Reaction Score
This. We have been historically bad at the thing that matters most to them and historically good at something that most of them don't really care about. Plus, as much as some on the board are critical of the regional bias of The Boneyard, there's a lot of chatter about how "a liberal New England school" won't be a good "cultural fit" in the big 12.

We are kind of a square peg in a round hole for the big 12, but the stuff the Twitter versus latching on to is kind of silly. Hopefully in the near future other big 12 fans can hate us because we are beating them regularly. I can live with that.
Thanks for understanding my comment! A lot of folks on here can't separate the that UConn not being a logical fit to the Big 12 does not preclude it from being invited to the Big 12. But we can't expect everyone to look at us, an unequivocal outlier in multiple categories, and roll out the red carpet.

CL82

Reaction Score
They will grab WVU when the Big 12 GOR is up in a couple years.
I doubt it. I've never wanted them before and it is hard to see how West Virginia is additive to use the current buzzword.

Reaction Score
I guess that shows I'm old, but even though I've lived in Fairfield County for 40 years and rarely see it, for the 7 years I lived in Hartford, New Haven and Hamden in the late 70s and early 80s the Courant was a very solid paper. It still makes me said to think that not even what were good local papers aren't going to survive. And it's not good for our nation.
Yeah but now we have bloggers and influencers so we should be ok. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom