Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 186 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Yet another genius at work. Take UConn football but leave the NC BB programs behind. Um, sure, ok..Head bang

Good grief man, take a chill pill. It's just an observation. This is the Big 12 we're talking about here. They're not coming from a position of strength so it's not like they aren't prone to do something that's a little different. It's not even remotely the most possible scenario that I see happening, but it was just commentary on the idea UConn could be looked at for just football. Contrary to your snide remark, I don't think it's impossible. Likely? No. Impossible? No.

Not sure if the condescending attitude is because you're just being a or because deep down you're insecure that such a scenario is actually possible, but this is a place for conversation... just deal with it.

Reaction Score
A personal opinion but a scenario I could see happening...

Cincinnati & UCF as full members, UConn & BYU as associate (football) members. BYU stays in WCC, UConn to Big East. East division... UConn, UC, UCF, WVU, Iowa State, Kansas & Kansas State with BYU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TCU, Baylor & Texas Tech in the West.

That said, I kinda think UConn gets left out but I'm not convinced the ACC or Big Ten are dead as options.
I'm with you ,I never bought in to the B12 as more than a flirtation , I 've always been a UConn to the B1G guy sometimes a lone voice .,but I've given up hope of seeing it my self.
My suspicions are if we haven't already been invited and accepted and invitation to the ACC . It's never going to happen.
The ACC have to be madmen to ignore us with the NE hole they currently have . If they passed on us again then shame on them,and I suspect that it will come back to haunt them.
The B1G through scheduling agreements could help keep UConn football viable
as best they can. UConn BB power will sustain,if we're AAU and football is respectable in 6-8 years then the B1G becomes more realistic
If what we're hearing about the ACCN and its GOR is true Delanley's eastern strategy has been thwarted. There is little desirable culturally , academicallyand strategical in the B12 besides Texas for the B1G to embrace. (Oklahoma has SEC written all over it .) By process of illimination that only leaves us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm with you ,I never bought in to the B12 as more than a flirtation , I 've always been a UConn to the B1G guy sometimes a lone voice .,but I've given up hope of seeing it my self.
My suspicions are if we haven't already been invited and accepted and invitation to the ACC . It's never going to happen.
The ACC have to be madmen to ignore us with the NE hole they currently have . If they passed on us again then shame on them,and I suspect that it will come back to haunt them.
The B1G through scheduling agreements could help keep UConn football viable
as best they can. UConn BB power will sustain,if we're AAU and football is respectable in 6-8 years then the B1G becomes more realistic
If what we're hearing about the ACCN and its GOR is true Delanley's eastern strategy has been thwarted. There is little desirable culturally , academicallyand strategical in the B12 besides Texas for the B1G to embrace. (Oklahoma has SEC written all over it .) By process of illimination that only leaves us.

And the reality is that the ACC doesn't need a partner to add UConn. ND means that they would be at an even number for every sport but football. Football would be unbalanced, but that won't matter much with the extra ND games on the schedule. Big Ten made it work with Penn State for years.

Reaction Score
I could see FB, Basketball and Baseball to B12.
Hockey is fine where it is.
Field Hockey Big East along with Men's soccer, Women's Soccer. (Soccer would be positive content if they ever thought about a network but whatever).
Track could go either way but BE again an option.
Swimming who knows.
You could possibly compete in gymnastics as there are few meets for travel. Right now I think it is a club sport though we have the athletes to recruit here.

What else am I missing?

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 1h1 hour ago
UConn source says there's not much more it can do to lobby Big 12. "They know us, they know Memphis, they know Houston."

Interesting response.
Yuck! I read that to say that 11 (and maybe 12) have been chosen (Cincy and BYU) and we're hoping to be a 13 or 14. Otherwise they would've said Cincy and BYU before Memphis and Houston. Also, I hope they are keeping the foot on the gas. Just because they know about us doesn't mean they don't want to be reminded. I would hope they are trying to find a champion among Texas

Reaction Score
UConn source says there's not much more it can do to lobby Big 12. "They know us, they know Memphis, they know Houston."

Interesting response.

Don't freak out over this quote. The source is right, we've already been vetted by both the Big 12 and their search firm.

The school isn't going to tip it's hand here in either direction.

Reaction Score

Interesting response.

Thinking these go hand and hand...

Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) 7/20/16, 2:33 PM
Fwiw I'm told admins in the AAC are conferencing this PM. My sense is any request to be respectful publicly will largely be ignored

Reaction Score
Don't freak out over this quote. The source is right, we've already been vetted by both the Big 12 and their search firm.

The school isn't going to tip it's hand here in either direction.
I interpreted it as coming from a position of strength not weakness.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Point of information to any self styled national media figures that might be trolling this site for insights.

WV is a travel problem because the nearest real airport is in Pittsburgh. Nothing like a 3hr flight followed by a 2hr bus ride.

Uconn is 30 min from an international airport. The FB stadium is closer than that.

Reaction Score
Point of information to any self styled national media figures that might be trolling this site for insights.

WV is a travel problem because the nearest real airport is in Pittsburgh. Nothing like a 3hr flight followed by a 2hr bus ride.

Uconn is 30 min from an international airport. The FB stadium is closer than that.
With a pit stop in Bristol so the coach can be interviewed for various on air programs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And BYU is just as far from most B12 schools. It too has only a small regional airport or a long drive from SLC.

Reaction Score
UConn's Approach To Getting In Big 12 Remains Same; School Waiting To Be Contacted

>>UConn is among the schools that have sent signals of interest to the Big 12. School officials have taken a quiet approach, contacting the Big 12 through back channels rather than publicly lobby like other candidates.

That approach is not changing, one UConn source said Wednesday. The school is waiting to hear from Bowlsby to learn what the expansion process will be like. The school is ready to present its case.<<

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
It's only a little over an hour to get from Pittsburgh Airport to Morgantown. Also a lot of teams are flying into Central WV Airport in Bridgeport which is only about 25 minutes south of Morgantown.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And BYU is just as far from most B12 schools. It too has only a small regional airport or a long drive from SLC.

I just checked, its 50 mins from SLC to BYU - all highway.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's only a little over an hour to get from Pittsburgh Airport to Morgantown. Also a lot of teams are flying into Central WV Airport in Bridgeport which is only about 25 minutes south of Morgantown.
Sure, if there aren't any cows loose on the highway.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
UConn's Approach To Getting In Big 12 Remains Same; School Waiting To Be Contacted

>>UConn is among the schools that have sent signals of interest to the Big 12. School officials have taken a quiet approach, contacting the Big 12 through back channels rather than publicly lobby like other candidates.

That approach is not changing, one UConn source said Wednesday. The school is waiting to hear from Bowlsby to learn what the expansion process will be like. The school is ready to present its case.<<
That's because we've been pitching them since February 2015. There's nothing left to say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom