Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 185 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This feels very Karmic to me. Yesterday, in a different vote, my employer all but certainly became a company near Austin TX. Now UConn could be in the Big 12. It just feels like too much for coincidence.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Doug Gottlieb

✔@GottliebShow

Big 12 will add Cinci, has to make travel partner for WVU... I think UConn is great,but crazy travel for Olympic sports

8:35 AM - 20 Jul 2016
I assume very few olympic sports in the B12 are bus rides now. All of them are plane trips to WV and same would hold for Cincy and UConn. Even the ACC would be mostly plane rides for our olympic sports. It's a red herring for people to throw out there without thinking.

Reaction Score
I think the selection process for better or worse is farther down the road than just starting. You would not get that appearance from their media releases, but i do not think they are just starting to look at this.

Reaction Score
How do you take UConn Football but not Hoops? It's total insanity and does nothing for the content that ALL our teams offer down the road towards the possibility of a network. That said, I suppose some selective scheduling in the other sports might be an option to extend our profile in the league. I think the admin would at least listen to it but would try to avoid that arrangement.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
How do you take UConn Football but not Hoops? It's total insanity and does nothing for the content that ALL our teams offer down the road towards the possibility of a network. That said, I suppose some selective scheduling in the other sports might be an option to extend our profile in the league. I think the admin would at least listen to it but would try to avoid that arrangement.
I assume a BE contact of Katz mentioned this now that the possibility of UConn finally getting out exists. The last thing the B12 would consider is UConn football only, the opposite may be true.

Reaction Score

I think because you get the media market in NYC/CT, but you don't incur all the travel headaches for Olympic sports. I agree it seems insane, but that's how I'd rationalize it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hopefully we are reminding them that UConn had crap athletics before the 90s and have excelled at everything since, regardless of the recent lagging of football. We went to the Fiesta bowl only a few years into have an FBS squad, so it is evident the potential is there. Now, whether or not the Big 12 recognizes this is a different story.

I like how much I'm hearing Academics as well. That puts us in a great position.
Mmm, maybe not the way I'd make that argument.

Reaction Score
I think because you get the media market in NYC/CT, but you don't incur all the travel headaches for Olympic sports. I agree it seems insane, but that's how I'd rationalize it.

Not arguing with you, but you don't get the media market in NYC without hoops. Which is why it's insane. CR hasn't always been completely logical, but this idea floating out there doesn't make any sense for anyone, including UConn. Why wouldn't we want to play Kansas, OU, Texas, and Iowa St as often as possible in hoops? I don't miss Nova and Gtown so much I'd pass on trips to see us play Kansas.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now comes the time to really #BegHarder. Anything has to be on the table. Offer to take a 1/2 share for 10 years.

Here I was thinking that I could disconnect while I'm on vacation next week. Not so much anymore . . .
#BegSmarter

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls@kbohls 21 mins ago
Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby tells me "the idea of (new teams) playing in the fall in 2017 is probably not realistic."

Kirk Bohls@kbohls 20 mins ago
Bowlsby says "most institutions would want to give (at least) a year's notice" before leaving their conferences.

Kirk Bohls@kbohls19 mins ago
Asked how many potential expansion schools he's heard from since Big 12 announcement of exploration, Bowlsby said, "Several."

Reaction Score
I suspect some sports may be in the Big East
If by a miracle we go to the Big 12 they don't typically support all the same sports as us
Could there have been contact between us an them about parking some sports in that conference. I don't think the Big 12 supports men Soccer or women's Field Hockey. If we go ,a fact which I am still skeptical we need a home for some sports
I suspect we will probably will be forced to leave the AAC . Katz may have got it half right. The ACC or B1G is not such a problem

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I suspect some sports may be in the Big East
If by a miracle we go to the Big 12 they don't typically support all the same sports as us
Could there have been contact between us an them about parking some sports in that conference. I don't think the Big 12 supports men Soccer or women's Field Hockey. If we go ,a fact which I am still skeptical we need a home for some sports
I suspect we will probably will be forced to leave the AAC . Katz may have got it half right. The ACC or B1G is not such a problem

Why is that a problem? I thought Field Hockey was already in the Big East. They'd take our soccer, or depending on who gets added, the Big XII might sponsor it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't know why the B12 would pass on adding our hoops. Other than baseball, the B12 really doesn't sponsor many Olympic sports that we play. I can see UConn moving or keeping baseball, soccer, field hockey, track, etc to the Big East. Hockey stays in Hockey East. Football and hoops go to the B12. But if there's one thing I don't see happening at all is the B12 adding UConn as a football only member. I can see that for Houston, BYU, Memphis, UCF/USF, CSU. But not UConn and not Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Why is that a problem? I thought Field Hockey was already in the Big East. They'd take our soccer, or depending on who gets added, the Big XII might sponsor it.
I never said there was a problem . I only said contact between UConn AD 's office and the NBE could be regarding parking additional Olympic sports there .
thats actually not a problem but a good sign if true

Reaction Score
I don't know why the B12 would pass on adding our hoops. Other than baseball, the B12 really doesn't sponsor many Olympic sports that we play. I can see UConn moving or keeping baseball, soccer, field hockey, track, etc to the Big East. Hockey stays in Hockey East. Football and hoops go to the B12. But if there's one thing I don't see happening at all is the B12 adding UConn as a football only member. I can see that for Houston, BYU, Memphis, UCF/USF, CSU. But not UConn and not Cincinnati.

With Big 12 $$ -- my sense is baseball goes Big 12.

Reaction Score
A personal opinion but a scenario I could see happening...

Cincinnati & UCF as full members, UConn & BYU as associate (football) members. BYU stays in WCC, UConn to Big East. East division... UConn, UC, UCF, WVU, Iowa State, Kansas & Kansas State with BYU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TCU, Baylor & Texas Tech in the West.

That said, I kinda think UConn gets left out but I'm not convinced the ACC or Big Ten are dead as options.

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 2h2 hours ago
Bowlsby added that the Big 12 presidents discussed the Longhorn Network "openly and frankly." Declined to say if Texas made any concessions.

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 2h2 hours ago
Asked how many potential expansion schools he's heard from since Big 12 announcement of exploration, Bowlsby said, "Several."

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 54m54 minutes ago
Bowlsby declined to give major criteria the Big 12 will now use for expansion, but it's clear the league is interested in a bigger number.

Reaction Score
A personal opinion but a scenario I could see happening...

Cincinnati & UCF as full members, UConn & BYU as associate (football) members. BYU stays in WCC, UConn to Big East. East division... UConn, UC, UCF, WVU, Iowa State, Kansas & Kansas State with BYU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TCU, Baylor & Texas Tech in the West.

That said, I kinda think UConn gets left out but I'm not convinced the ACC or Big Ten are dead as options.

Yet another genius at work. Take UConn football but leave the NC BB programs behind. Um, sure, ok.......Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom