Kermit Buggs - New RB Coach? | The Boneyard

Kermit Buggs - New RB Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Desmond Conner (@desmondconner)
1/21/13, 7:00 PM
Hearing Kermit Buggs of #PennState and #Lock Haven will join #UConnFootball as RB coach

Desmond Conner (@desmondconner)
1/21/13, 7:00 PM
Story on Buggs' from Penn State to Lock Haven. http://www.centredaily.com/2012/04/13/3160993/former-assistant-joins-staff-at.html

From 2011 PSU site

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/buggs_kermit00.html

Edit: Another profile:

http://www.thefootballoffice.com/profile/KBuggs4

"Expertise - Pro Style Offense, Run n Shoot Offense, Spread Offense, 4-3 Defense, 4-4 Defense, Tampa Defense, Special Teams, Running Backs, Receivers, Secondary, XOS Video, Hudl Video"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Don't know how to feel about this one. Former QB that has spent the majority of the last decade on the defensive side of the ball becoming our RB coach. Also, the fact that he spent the last decade on the Penn State staff.....ughh!....I guess I'll just defer to the experts and hope for the best...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Also, the fact that he spent the last decade on the Penn State staff.....ughh!....I guess I'll just defer to the experts and hope for the best...

Are you suggesting he's a pedophile? Whats the problem with taking a coach from Penn State?

Reaction Score
A DB coach for RB coach. No thanks. Didn't like the Clayton White hire. Don't like this one.

Reaction Score
A DB coach for RB coach. No thanks. Didn't like the Clayton White hire. Don't like this one.

Many coaches flip to different sides of the ball. I will reserve judgment until I find out how he is as a recruiter.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting he's a pedophile? Whats the problem with taking a coach from Penn State?

Jesus, no! I'm suggesting he was part of a coaching staff that was complicit in another a being an active pedophile. I have never heard anything about him, so I'm sure he's so low on the totem pole as to have nothing to do with "being complicit", I would just prefer our university stay as far away from that situation as possible. However, I'm sure Coach P did his due diligence and if he's comfortable, so am I...

Reaction Score
Don't know how to feel about this one. Former QB that has spent the majority of the last decade on the defensive side of the ball becoming our RB coach.

After viewing the links on him, I feel like this is Clayton White all over again. No disrespect to either guys, but we CONTINUE TO MISS THE BOAT on hiring a RB coach... which makes me wonder, why are whiffing on true RB coaches? WTF is going on?

Reaction Score
After viewing the links on him, I feel like this is Clayton White all over again. No disrespect to either guys, but we CONTINUE TO MISS THE BOAT on hiring a RB coach... which makes me wonder, why are whiffing on true RB coaches? WTF is going on?

It is a rb coach. Not exactly a lot you can do as a running back coach aside from oversee drills. The key to these position coaches is how they can recruit.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Yeah, I don't know. Again, I'll just defer to the experts, but this looks pretty weird. Also, am I the only one that would have liked Weist (who still hasn't been officially named) to have some input on this hire? Maybe he did. Who knows...

Reaction Score

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Offensive line is a different animal than WR and RB. I would say of all the position coaches on a team, WR and RB have the least impact on their units.

Don't both of those units have to sync with the OL? Don't they have to all buy into the same philosophy?

Reaction Score
From Hampton, VA. High school coach in Virginia as well. Have to think that will be a focus. Looks like he recruited CT and NY area for Penn State as well. I would love for UCONN to make more headway into Virginia.

Reaction Score
Don't both of those units have to sync with the OL? Don't they have to all buy into the same philosophy?

A running back needs to know where a play is supposed to go. A rb coach can't make a rb faster, and he can't teach him vision.

Reaction Score
Tidewater VA area maybe? Still looking.

Yep, he is from Hampton Roads, Tidewater, Norfolk area. Went to Norfolk State University.

Dollars to donuts that's his recruiting area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom