Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow a chair that moves.

I hope you realize most point guards at the college level can't do what Jalen just did... even without anything in between them and the basket (whether its a chair or not)... The video is not meant to show his basketball skill, its only meant to give a glimpse of his athletic ability.

Kemba could not do that, Bazz couldn't do that, Boat had freakish hops but I am not sure he could do that one handed, (you could keep going AJ Price could not do that, Taliek, Khalid, etc.).

We at UCONN are Point Guard U, but I don't think we have had a PG who has Jalen's athletic ability and height.

This is whats exciting.

Reaction Score
I hope you realize most point guards at the college level can't do what Jalen just did... even without anything in between them and the basket (whether its a chair or not)... The video is not meant to show his basketball skill, its only meant to give a glimpse of his athletic ability.

Kemba could not do that, Bazz couldn't do that, Boat had freakish hops but I am not sure he could do that one handed, (you could keep going AJ Price could not do that, Taliek, Khalid, etc.).

We at UCONN are Point Guard U, but I don't think we have had a PG who has Jalen's athletic ability and height.

This is whats exciting.
AJ could do that in high school, I'd bet. AVM ruined that.

Reaction Score
AJ could do that in high school, I'd bet. AVM ruined that.
Exactly and Ben Gordon as well. Terrance Samuel could dunk. Purvis etc. These types of vids are for entertainment, fun, and giggles. They are not really to be taken seriously.

Anyway the windmill dunk was nice.

Reaction Score

This is whats exciting.
It scares me that he could be too good which translates in to less years in our program. I don't think his shooting is as good as Khalid's was though.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is a SICK athlete. I saw him play and he has handle, can shoot and is FAST and as you saw can get up. Comparing him to Ben Gordon is only driving home what the above poster said, that as a PG he is a ridiculous athlete. I mean Ben Gordon was one of the most EXPLOSIVE players uconn ever had and put up 50 in the playoffs in the nba against Ray Ray. Ben Gordon is also not a point guard...

Reaction Score
Exactly and Ben Gordon as well. Terrance Samuel could dunk. Purvis etc. These types of vids are for entertainment, fun, and giggles. They are not really to be taken seriously.

Anyway the windmill dunk was nice.

Ben Gordon was one of the more athletic freaks we've had at UConn. He threw down so many spectacular dunks. He often gets lost on our list of athletes because he was such an exceptional shooter. He was really 6'1", but he was oh so dynamic athletically. If he was say 6'4", imagine how great he would have been in the NBA? Loved his game at UConn and he needs to be on the Huskies of Honor...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ben Gordon was one of the more athletic freaks we've had at UConn. He threw down so many spectacular dunks. He often gets lost on our list of athletes because he was such an exceptional shooter. He was really 6'1", but he was oh so dynamic athletically. If he was say 6'4", imagine how great he would have been in the NBA? Loved his game at UConn and he needs to be on the Huskies of Honor...
if he stayed with the bulls his career would've been soooooo much better... the bulls should've kept him

Reaction Score
This is going to be a looooooooooooong off season of predictions based off of home movies.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he's our highest rated guard recruit since Kemba. He has some big shoes to fill. I don't see him putting up D'Angelo Russell numbers as a freshman - 19PPG, 5 and 5. However I think he's more than capable of putting up 12PPG, 3 and 3, in his first year which is pretty impressive. He's going to be a huge part of this team next season and I think how good he is will determine how good this team can be. If comes and plays how he's capable of playing, we can easily make the Sweet 16. If he struggles, which I'm confident he won't, we could be in trouble again next year. What do you guys think?

Reaction Score
I've never seen him play, but I've heard comparisons to Melo Trimble, who averaged 16, 4, and 3 at Maryland this season. Not sure if those are accurate or not.

Reaction Score
I've never seen him play, but I've heard comparisons to Melo Trimble, who averaged 16, 4, and 3 at Maryland this season. Not sure if those are accurate or not.

I think those comparisons were more like "we need Jalen Adams to be as good as Melo Trimble if we're going to have anything that would be considered a successful UConn-caliber season".

Reaction Score
Trimble was great this year, and I'd be ecstatic if we got that kind of production out of Adams. For someone who isn't touted as an elite one-and-done type talent, Trimble type production is about as good as you can ask for from a freshman.

What I'm hoping Adams can give us is a solid ball handler, and someone who can get into the lane to set up teammates or finish at the rim. Any sort of shooting consistency behind the arc would be great as well.

For those saying that Adams needs to "replace" Boatright, I think that's the wrong mentality. We can be a much improved team if the rest of our roster improves this offseason and Adams can serve as a primary ball handler and facilitator. I think many of our offensive woes this past season stemmed from the fact that Boat was the clearcut leader and go-to guy, to the point where our other players sometimes appeared scared to shoot. How many times did Hamilton, Purvis, or others pass up wide open shots this past season? It's not ideal when your only ball handler is also the dominant shot taker on a team. I think with a more balanced offensive approach, our offense will benefit.

It's hard to project how freshmen will fare in their transitions to college, but from all accounts, Adams is the real deal. He's touted as an explosive athlete with a tight handle, shotmaking ability, and good court vision. I'll keep my expectations in check, but Adams can be a special player here. I haven't been this excited about an incoming recruit since Drummond.

Reaction Score
I would be disappointed if he wasn't a mix of Westbrook and Chris Paul. Seriously, lets not do this.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he's our highest rated guard recruit since Kemba. He has some big shoes to fill. I don't see him putting up D'Angelo Russell numbers as a freshman - 19PPG, 5 and 5. However I think he's more than capable of putting up 12PPG, 3 and 3, in his first year which is pretty impressive. He's going to be a huge part of this team next season and I think how good he is will determine how good this team can be. If comes and plays how he's capable of playing, we can easily make the Sweet 16. If he struggles, which I'm confident he won't, we could be in trouble again next year. What do you guys think?

I think 7.8 points and 3 assists a game is a reasonable expectation. That's what 4 star recruit and 1st round pick Shabazz Napier averaged as a freshman.

Reaction Score
While I'm thrilled to have him and believe he will be an outstanding player at UConn, the kid is a freshman who must adjust to Div. 1. He will likely have an up and down season but better on the second half of the schedule. His success will have a lot to do with how much the returning players improve.

Reaction Score
I think he will eventually be a serious player, but will also have growing pains at times. I also think he will have some wtf? moments with decision making/passing, which comes with guys who are young and are primary ball handlers. I think Ollie will have a huge impact on the development of this kid. I think once he adjusts to D1 strength and quickness the sky is the limit. We are lucky to have signed him, especially with an open spot at PG.

Reaction Score
Adams plays above the rim and is the long, athletic type. Trimble is incredibly skilled and is a deadly shooter. They're not really comparable, and you shouldn't set expectations as high as Trimble's results this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom