Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Reuter is a much better player - he's played well this year. But Sherburne sure looked like he belonged tonight. And he's now off the board! He committed to Maryland-Baltimore County tonight.

Good for that kid...COULD WE BEAT UMBC FOR A RECRUIT?!?!?!?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Were we ever in on him?

Yes. He took an official visit in January.

Leon Tolksdorf scared him off even though we showed him all the lockers to prove Leon was gone.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Were we ever in on him?
no no no...not many were aka why he is going to UMBC... Boneyarders really freaking out about recruiting... I mean yeah its not running as smoothly as we would expect after an NCAA ship but Ollie being a young coach that gets along great with players we should be fine...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
from mid-court! Too bad that kid missed the dunk, he ruins everything beautiful. Mojo.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-03-12/uconn-huskies-jalen-adams-pass-alley-oop?eadid=SOC/FB/SNMain

FR01Brj.gif

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
My first reaction is the flash wasn't necessary and probably contributed to the missed dunk, but after my 10th loop, I actually think it froze the defender.

Reaction Score
My first reaction is the flash wasn't necessary and probably contributed to the missed dunk, but after my 10th loop, I actually think it froze the defender.
Don't worry about the flash...the play had already been called dead after someone on STM was whistled for a foul.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, this type of thing will impress the casual fan - and yes we need them to fill the seats. From a coach's perspective it is unnecessary and brings more risk into the play than is necessary. However, I think this kid can play and he is definitely a winner.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From a coach's perspective it is unnecessary and brings more risk into the play than is necessary.

So, wait - a coach doesn't think a half-court pass for an alley-oop is a great idea?

Thanks, Coach Chief!

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this type of thing will impress the casual fan - and yes we need them to fill the seats. From a coach's perspective it is unnecessary and brings more risk into the play than is necessary. However, I think this kid can play and he is definitely a winner.

What does Andre think about it?

Reaction Score

Notwithstanding that the play had been whistled dead, check the time and score, coach.

Reaction Score

Are you OCD or is there another reason you have to use the phrase Quite Frankly in every post?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, quite frankly! #quitefrankly

Reaction Score
There's a good reason why D-Ham didn't take more shots in the McDonald's AA game: he didn't play in it.

lol you are right. Another high school style all-star game? I think there is a lessor one he was in. Cant remember the name of it.

Reaction Score
lol you are right. Another high school style all-star game? I think there is a lessor one he was in. Cant remember the name of it.

I believe you're referring to the Jordan Brand Classic game (the other big high school all-star game) in which D-Ham played but didn't really get the ball frequently enough in.

Reaction Score

he was in the jordan brand classic and played well in limited time i believe. he shot a lot in the the ballislife all american game. jalen is in this year's game.

Reaction Score
Many things to like, but what stands out for me is his ability to see the whole floor on the break and his stroke on the three and at the FT line. He has that exaggerated into-the-basket finish that Giffey somehow found between his jr and sr years (as opposed to the Purvis-Calhoun flip.) He just looks like a smart player out there -- and his athleticism is, of course, off the charts, Can't wait.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Nice highlights - Thanks. Agree with comments above from Sphinx.

Anyone know the FT % Adams shoots at? It will be nice if he can consistently knock those down - something we were accustomed to with Boat, Bazz, Kemba.

Reaction Score
Many things to like, but what stands out for me is his ability to see the whole floor on the break and his stroke on the three and at the FT line. He has that exaggerated into-the-basket finish that Giffey somehow found between his jr and sr years (as opposed to the Purvis-Calhoun flip.) He just looks like a smart player out there -- and his athleticism is, of course, off the charts, Can't wait.
From the half a dozen games I've watched, I think his shot could use some tightening up (both FTs and 3s), but the form is terrific. Even better, he already has a complete offensive arsenal. Floaters, mid-range pull-up, finishing around the rim - you name it, and he can do it.

And contrary to some early reports, he's absolutely a point guard. He does a really good job running the offense both in the halfcourt and on the break, and as we saw from that half-court alley-oop, he has the ability to do the spectacular. Like any young guard, he still makes a few lazy passes from time to time, but I expect that to get cleaned up fairly quickly.

I generally don't care about players rankings, but there's just no way he's not a top 10-15 guy in his class.

Reaction Score
He has the Gretzky thing where he never hurries. He seems to be moving slowly to open space but no one beats him there. Not as good a passer but no one is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So much to like about this kid. I think what really stands out along with his athleticsm is his wingspan. Some of the rebounds and dunks he produces are not like many, if any, PG's we've had. Don't want to get my hopes up with too high of expectations, but the kid could be special at UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom