Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's a highlight reel, so...

That said, I love his quick release, the way he finishes at the rim (obviously it's a highlight tape, and there is no interior defense being played whatsoever, so they're all going in, but I like the way he adjusts in the air when he does get challenged), his athleticism-fueled violent dunking and shot-blocking (pretty great for a guy his size), and his ability/motor to quickly recover after making a mistake.

They don't all go in the hoop in real life. I'd like to see his percentages.

Reaction Score
I think the things that sticks out is that he plays with a perfect pace to his game and can also play at rim level in terms of finishing rebounding and defending. He has his head up--hes a very willing passer. Hes got nice form of his shot. Hes an explosive athlete. What exactly more could we want? He also appears taller than all of the really good PGs we just had--maybe legit 6-1 /6-2. with a solid build. Hes got some Derek Rose on him when he dunks.

When you start to thin Purvis Hamilton Adams Samuel--that is pretty dam good. I have HUGE expectations next year and no reason not to.

Reaction Score
I think the things that sticks out is that he plays with a perfect pace to his game and can also play at rim level in terms of finishing rebounding and defending. He has his head up--hes a very willing passer. Hes got nice form of his shot. Hes an explosive athlete. What exactly more could we want? He also appears taller than all of the really good PGs we just had--maybe legit 6-1 /6-2. with a solid build. Hes got some Derek Rose on him when he dunks.

When you start to thin Purvis Hamilton Adams Samuel--that is pretty dam good. I have HUGE expectations next year and no reason not to.
By no means am I superstitious, but your team and player predictions were like a kiss of death this year.

Please stop.

Last edited:

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He's the next Russell Westbrook/Derrick Rose. So much athleticism but its controlled. You know when Rodney gets a little out of control? Or freshman Boatright? Jalen seems to be in under control. Cant wait.

Reaction Score

Purvis Hamilton Adams Samuel? Did you mean Purvis, Hamiton, Brimah and Adams?

Reaction Score
Purvis Hamilton Adams Samuel? Did you mean Purvis, Hamiton, Brimah and Adams?

No just our back-court alone will be incredibly explosive. Im personally looking forward to our frontcourt improvement--we will be deep and improved. The one thing we may need is an additional wing who can lock down and hit a three.

Reaction Score
No just our back-court alone will be incredibly explosive. Im personally looking forward to our frontcourt improvement--we will be deep and improved. The one thing we may need is an additional wing who can lock down and hit a three.

We need a ball handler scrappy. Not Samuel, someone who can support Adams in his freshman year understanding he may have bumps in the road. I like Terrence as the 4th guy off the bench, that would make it real exciting if we go lucky with another PG somehow, I agree.

Reaction Score
If Enoch and Lubin bring us something tangible we will be deep and improved. I don't think that AB can gain 30 pounds of muscle it's not his body type.

Reaction Score

TSam doesn't really belong with that group. I always hope for improvement, but he had as bad a year that I can remember from a guard in a regular rotation. A 5th year guy or a late spring addition that can push him further down or out of the rotation is a must.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I want to see what Sam Cassell Jr. can do. I feel like we didn't see enough of him this year to really define a role for him. He played very well in the preseason but struggled during the first half of the year. Think it was nerves or lack of confidence? He didn't look like he had great handle but he seemed to have enough. It's defensively that we need to worry about him because he just doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay in front of his man. But if he can score, we can rely on Brimah to bail him out if his man blows past him. That's what's great about having a rim protector like Amida.

I really hope that Cassell can be the reliable scorer and ball handler that we need. If we can't bring in someone else, it would be nice if he stepped up.

Reaction Score
Love the fire and passion he plays with. Seems to be fundamentally sound for an 18/19 year old kid. Should carry the torch nicely - Kemba to Shabazz to Boat to Adams.

Most recent comment on YT..."He reminds me of Rudy Gay." :eek:

Reaction Score
I don't want to conjure up bad memories, but could you imagine Adams playing alongside Prince Ali next year?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why not?

Because creating a delusional fantasy world due to our fanbase's inability to handle that some players didn't choose to play their college ball at UCONN is kinda sad...? You didn't ask for people's opinion of Prince Ali as a player. What I read was you asking people to step into a daydream of him playing for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Because creating a delusional fantasy world due to our fanbase's inability to handle that some players didn't choose to play their college ball at UCONN is kinda sad...? You didn't ask for people's opinion of Prince Ali as a player. What I read was you asking people to step into a daydream of him playing for UCONN.
Just trying to have a conversation in a place meant for conversation. Would you like me to send my posts to you before I send them out so you can make sure they fit what you deem reasonable topics Mr. Officer?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just trying to have a conversation in a place meant for conversation. Would you like me to send my posts to you before I send them out so you can make sure they fit what you deem reasonable topics Mr. Officer?

You can post whatever you want here. I can also voice my disagreement with the premise of what you post. Ain't that the beauty of the BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom