I cannot believe our seniors | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I cannot believe our seniors

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some nights we arent even competent. We.aren't that lacking in talent.
Thats what's worse brimah and purvis can't be so game unaware. They both always lacked that but actually regressed

Reaction Score
I'm really not trying to...I was at most of those games and the FF...they'd do better than Michigan State, but that UNC team was incredible. In person, they were frightening.

Amazing what can happen to a team when they don't have to spend any time in class and can just be basketball all the time.
They were a machine, especially when they decided to turn it up a level for the tourney.

But I think you're overlooking how frightening that UConn team was too before Dyson went down. They were so complete on both ends, and then they could just blitz you out of the arena when they went to the 3-guard lineup.

It might not have been enough to beat an experienced UNC team, but a 15-point blowout? Nah.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thats what's worse brimah and purvis can't be so game unaware. They both always lacked that but actually regressed
I was almost positive that the Georgetown game would end up taking the last wind out of the sails for this team. If there was to be any hope that the players in the year long funk would break out of the funk it was probably ended after that game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Purvis is a more likable version of Dyson. Otherwise their games and deficiencies are almost exactly the same. Some posters were ridiculed for making this comparison 2 years ago but it's been valid basically since Day 1.
Not even close Tens not even close
JD was a junkyard dog and gave 110% all game every game
I am quite sure if he didn't get hurt there was a very good chance for ring #5
Sure he was out of control at times but he gave his all
You do realize that he did play some ball in the NBA?
Do you think RP will even sniff the D League???

Reaction Score
Took 4 shots, all of them either behind the perimeter or with a foot on the line. He saw SMUs big guys and wanted no part of it.

Also after SMU missed the front end of the one and one Durham got the board and gave it to Purvis. Purvis just dribbled the time out! If you are not going to shoot the ball with 7 seconds left give it to a player like Vance who was diving for the ball even in the last few seconds!!!

KO said after the GTown 2nd half collapse that there were some players who saw a fight and ran the other way. Purvis was that player tonight.

Reaction Score
So the rest of the team must just really, really not know how to fight.

Incidentally, I though the second foul against Georgetown was Brimah's dumbest play of the year, but the foul and ensuing T tonight blows that out of the water.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I have been a huge RP supporter
But after tonight and the way he walked away from KO when KO was trying to explain something to him - I'm on my last leg with him
AB - he is an utter disappointment this year
I hope both finish off better BUT I am really not going to miss either - it's so sad for me to say this
Several players did that to KO and not just Rodney. I understand why they did it but I wish they would not be affected by the season. These are normal responses from utter disappointment. Sorry to see you capitulating as well. Everyone is supportive when things are going well. Felt you were one of the people who could throw out some positives even when most others couldn't. Still look forward to your posts.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It really irked me how Purvis just dribbled out the clock. I never want to see a player to that to end a game unless we're leading by 10+ points.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
End of game:

Brimah: 1-4 shooting, 2 pts, 5 reb, 2 TO, 4 fouls. One of which his momentum-shifting technical.
Purvis: 0-7 shooting, 2 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast, 2 TO.

Reaction Score
All this talk of the '09 team makes me feel better about this team. That team was loaded with freshman who were really talented but not quite ready yet and didn't have any real leadership...they went 15-17 I believe and missed not only the NCAA but the NIT. Two years later? Final four...these kids have a ton of talent and are gaining invaluable experience this year. Who knows in a year or two where they end up.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you would want Purvis taking more shots. He does what he can, which is only so much when you can't put the ball in the bucket.

If there's one positive (which there really isn't)...the freshman were OK. Vital and Jackson combined for half our points and Durham showed some stuff.

Reaction Score
Players dribble out the clock all the time in blowouts--probably under coach's instructions.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
All this talk of the '09 team makes me feel better about this team. That team was loaded with freshman who were really talented but not quite ready yet and didn't have any real leadership...they went 15-17 I believe and missed not only the NCAA but the NIT. Two years later? Final four...these kids have a ton of talent and are gaining invaluable experience this year. Who knows in a year or two where they end up.
They developed probably because the injuries gave them playing time. And you need playing time to develop. So it will be understandable to see a delay in Alterique and Terry's play at the start of next season.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Before dissecting our boys shortcomings, I would like to say that SMU doesn't miss, and that includes threes. Seems every team we play rains down three's. Although perimeter defense is non existance, still that is a lot of three's. SMU didn't miss anything, 10 footers, 15 footers you name it. Not taking away from our guys playing terrible, but any kind of comeback was a beat down of a couple of three's.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
BOTH seniors can take this loss on their shoulders
With the team missing another big due to an injury, the team needed AB to step up but he failed
The SMU D were cutting JA off and the team need RP to step it up offensively but he failed
This year for the both of them has basically been a failure
Sad

Reaction Score
I know its impossible, but sometimes I wish we could ignore Purvis and Brimah and concentrate on the other players. Or just acknowledge Senior Facey.

After three/four years, these Purvis/Brimah threads are depressing and overwhelming, and distract from anything positive we can garner. It just might not be their fault they are not that good and could have maxed out their talent.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
BOTH seniors can take this loss on their shoulders
With the team missing another big due to an injury, the team needed AB to step up but he failed
The SMU D were cutting JA off and the team need RP to step it up offensively but he failed
This year for the both of them has basically been a failure
Sad
Wow, senior bandwagon basher over here.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
End of game:

Brimah: 1-4 shooting, 2 pts, 5 reb, 2 TO, 4 fouls. One of which his momentum-shifting technical.

This is hard to overcome . At this point no amount coaching would help. The only way to deal with this would be to cut playing time and that would've probably happened if we were healthy.

Reaction Score
That's a frustration too. Why does it take 3.5 years for him to become serviceable?

For this reason I have a hard time putting him in the "success" category as far as player development.

Actually quite the reverse to most - proves they took this long to get what they were teaching them. And with Brimah, well I will say it once again anyone who believes the coaches have ANY fault in his lack of development knows very little about the game,

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Purvis never ever helps when inbounding. He is always running away and never looking for the ball. Puts so much pressure on Adams and the inbounder. I think purvis is a great kid but vital should start over him. He should no aggression tonight and his attitude was poor. Brimah at least showed emotion.

Vance keeps impressing and Durham showed he's getting comfortable offensively. Defensively he's still slow. We will not do anything when our best player can't score the ball and has multiple turnovers.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
End of game:

Brimah showed effort and emotion. Can't say the same for purvis. Also facey is playing great

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom