I cannot believe our seniors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I cannot believe our seniors

Reaction Score
Swear I was Finna post the same thread. I know this team has been through alot. But these seniors just don't seem to have any heart. They are good kid. But man I'm starting to not even wanna watch them. I'm sick of watching, and seeing our seniors lay down. We get nothing from Purvis, and Brimah is just lost.

They have heart, but are lacking bbiq

Reaction Score
Purvis is a more likable version of Dyson. Otherwise their games and deficiencies are almost exactly the same. Some posters were ridiculed for making this comparison 2 years ago but it's been valid basically since Day 1.

Dyson was a much better player than Purvis.

As for Facey, I'm glad he's playing well, but you can't just exclude him from the blame party if you're gonna get on the seniors. He had plenty of chances to play like this when it actually mattered.

Reaction Score
As for Facey, I'm glad he's playing well, but you can't just exclude him from the blame party if you're gonna get on the seniors. He had plenty of chances to play like this when it actually mattered.

That's a frustration too. Why does it take 3.5 years for him to become serviceable?

For this reason I have a hard time putting him in the "success" category as far as player development.

Reaction Score
Brimah is one of the worst offensive centers I've ever seen. He has gotten worse.

Ollie should be thanking god he'll get another year without these bums and a full slate of his year after post season ban recruits.

UNWATCHABLE
I don't know, I think Brimah is very offensive

Reaction Score
After that timeout, Ollie was talking to Purvis and Purvis just kept walking. Then they showed the bench and he was sitting down, hanging his head.

I love Purvis, I really do, but this is inexcusable. If I walked away from my coach or displayed an attitude like that, my dad would have come down from the stands and thrown my ass in the car and taken me home. And I wasn't a 5th year senior Captain.

Purvis...you got to be a better leader than that.

I hope Ollie benches him for the rest of the game. Bad nights happen, but that kind of attitude cannot be tolerated. Thats a cancer for the team.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Purvis is a more likable version of Dyson. Otherwise their games and deficiencies are almost exactly the same. Some posters were ridiculed for making this comparison 2 years ago but it's been valid basically since Day 1.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
If Dyson doesn'the get hurt, ain't no telling what we could had done in that 2009 Final 4. Don't put Dyson and Purvis in the same sentence. Dyson was a pit bull, Purvis I don't even know what to say about the kid. I guess things just didn't pan out with him. He is not the type of Uconn guards we are use to. He been going through alot though.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If Dyson doesn'the get hurt, ain't no telling what we could had done in that 2009 Final 4.

Lost by 15 to North Carolina, despite whatever fantasy world some people believe in.

Reaction Score
Lost by 15 to North Carolina, despite whatever fantasy world some people believe in.
I know you like your role as contrarian, but they would've been far more competitive than MSU was. I still think UNC would've won, but they were soft defensively while that UConn team was elite on that end. Not to mention the coaching mismatch.

Reaction Score
One correction. Purvis is a poor ball handler for a guard/wing.

Not just a comment on Purvis, but it always surprises me when college players don't improve their handle. I've seen kids I've coached who work hard on their ball handling with drills and become much better at it. Guys like Rudy Gay and Stanley Robinson could have really improved their play in college if they improved their handle. Purvis needed to improve his handle and never did. Do players just not work on that any more?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have been a huge RP supporter
But after tonight and the way he walked away from KO when KO was trying to explain something to him - I'm on my last leg with him
AB - he is an utter disappointment this year
I hope both finish off better BUT I am really not going to miss either - it's so sad for me to say this

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I know you like your role as contrarian, but they would've been far more competitive than MSU was.

I'm really not trying to...I was at most of those games and the FF...they'd do better than Michigan State, but that UNC team was incredible. In person, they were frightening.

Amazing what can happen to a team when they don't have to spend any time in class and can just be basketball all the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom