I cannot believe our seniors | The Boneyard

I cannot believe our seniors

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
it is mind blowing.
We are in big trouble tonight

Reaction Score
That tech was intolerable from a senior. You're a grown man at this point, brimah.

This SMU run is on him.

Reaction Score
I like Facey, wanted to clarify. The other two are just beyond awful. Brimah makes Hilton look like Okafor, hell, he makes Justin Brown look like Okafor and Purvis I don't even have any words for...

Reaction Score
First time I can ever remember being able to watch the game and choosing not to. It's better for my own health and I'll wind up saying something really awful about Purvis and Brimah. All I'll say is I can't wait until they graduate. Time to finish season 2 of The Wire.

Reaction Score
When, decades from now, we look back on the last 3 years, they will be known as the Purvis-Brimah era, and we will know exactly what that means.

Let's just hope that we can do so with a chuckle (knowing that the program ultimately recovered), and not with fists raised (knowing that this period ultimately killed the program).

Reaction Score
First time I can ever remember being able to watch the game and choosing not to. It's better for my own health and I'll wind up saying something really awful about Purvis and Brimah. All I'll say is I can't wait until they graduate. Time to finish season 2 of The Wire.
5-impt-UCONN-1.-Brimah-David-Butler-II-USA.jpg

"What --- did I do?"

Reaction Score
Swear I was Finna post the same thread. I know this team has been through alot. But these seniors just don't seem to have any heart. They are good kid. But man I'm starting to not even wanna watch them. I'm sick of watching, and seeing our seniors lay down. We get nothing from Purvis, and Brimah is just lost.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they're getting pretty darn close to accomplishing the unthinkable, making me give up on the season

it's not just the losses, it's not competing, I thought we got through this and now we revert to old habits

Reaction Score
I don't blame Brimah. he never gets any calls. I was glad to see him blow up. I would like to see Ollie blow up.

Reaction Score
they're getting pretty darn close to accomplishing the unthinkable, making me give up on the season

it's not just the losses, it's not competing, I thought we got through this and now we revert to old habits

The only thing worth watching at this point is whether we get any development from Adams, Vital, Jackson, Durham, and Enoch.

Otherwise, wake me up for the AACT -- maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle again.

Reaction Score
23-5 run when the bonehead AB got his technical. Can we trade AB and RP for Grayson Allen?

Reaction Score
I don't blame Brimah. he never gets any calls. I was glad to see him blow up. I would like to see Ollie blow up.
What?? He acted like an idiot, it was an obvious foul.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I've been a long, LONG time defender of Brimah. But you're a senior, knowing you're shorthanded at the center position, and you do something like That!? We had just tied the game at 10-10. Now, the game is a blowout.

Aside from Facey, our seniors have been atrocious this year. I know Brimah and Purvis are great guys off the basketball court who play hard, but goshdarn they have been so frustrating this year.

Brimah, in 4 years, has not learned how to play defense without fouling(granted, he gets a lot of bs calls on him). He brings nothing offensively. His rebounding is poor. If he's not blocking shots, he's a liability. Simply put, he hasn't progressed.

Purvis has always sort of been an enigma. He's a streaky shooter with plus athleticism, and a great teammate. Other than that, he doesn't excel anywhere. He's an average ball handler, he is poor in transition, makes bad decisions, has low BBQ, and is a turnover waiting to happen.

I've always blasted posters here when they unfairly criticize Brimah and Purvis, but I've reached my breaking point. I'm starting to believe we'll be better off next year when they're gone if we can get some decent guys on the recruiting trail.

I'll still be respectful of them and continue to watch and support this team, but I can't defend AB or RP anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

They didn't show the first foul, but the second foul was him posting up with his elbow into his defender's head. It's a foul every single freaking time.

This is actually quite sad to watch. While I have never been the biggest fan of Brimah or Purvis, I always valued their personalities and the fact that they are good guys. But they are both just crashing and burning this year. This reminds me a lot of the 2010 team with Dyson, Sticks, and Gavin Edwards where the seniors basically quit (except for Gavin). Same deal with Facey. The guy is working so hard out there and we ignore them for one pass contested 3's every possession.

Reaction Score
They didn't show the first foul, but the second foul was him posting up with his elbow into his defender's head. It's a foul every single freaking time.

This is actually quite sad to watch. While I have never been the biggest fan of Brimah or Purvis, I always valued their personalities and the fact that they are good guys. But they are both just crashing and burning this year. This reminds me a lot of the 2010 team with Dyson, Sticks, and Gavin Edwards where the seniors basically quit (except for Gavin). Same deal with Facey. The guy is working so hard out there and we ignore them for one pass contested 3's every possession.

Purvis is a more likable version of Dyson. Otherwise their games and deficiencies are almost exactly the same. Some posters were ridiculed for making this comparison 2 years ago but it's been valid basically since Day 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom