Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This " Hamidou Diallo Graduates " thread is all over the place...

Can I get one update on this kid? If he graduated does that mean he may end up playing college ball this Fall somewhere? or will he be coming to the nearest school near you for the Spring Semester? or is he spending an extra year at the prep level?

What's his actual status?

Reaction Score
This " Hamidou Diallo Graduates " thread is all over the place...

Can I get one update on this kid? If he graduated does that mean he may end up playing college ball this Fall somewhere? or will he be coming to the nearest school near you for the Spring Semester? or is he spending an extra year at the prep level?

What's his actual status?
He graduated from PSA and is eligible for a post grad year or reclassifying into '16 and playing college basketball this upcoming season. Reclassification seems unlikely, but who knows. Anyone know where he'd play post grad? Can't recall seeing something on that

Reaction Score
image.png

Nothing really new.

Reaction Score
Oz said a few times that's not going to happen the 2016

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He graduated from PSA and is eligible for a post grad year or reclassifying into '16 and playing college basketball this upcoming season. Reclassification seems unlikely, but who knows. Anyone know where he'd play post grad? Can't recall seeing something on that
Unless something new develops he would play his postgrad year at PSA like Diarra did

Reaction Score
I had heard early spring it could happen. But all signs say no.

C

Chief00

Just saying that we have all known for over a year that he is a favorite to come here. And we have known for a while that it's possible that he can reclassify this year. So anybody can just predict two things that are public knowledge and cash in on that cow when they hit the lotto.

Show me where I said he was coming early or coming to UConn - the above is a bizarre post.

Reaction Score
Show me where I said he was coming early or coming to UConn - the above is a bizarre post.
I never once have directly said you.

Jeez, don't get your briefs in a bunch

Reaction Score
Yes - I am about the only person who predicted in early August 2011 - that Drummond would leave school in the next 3 weeks and come to UConn a year early. How did I know that? That's a fact.

Yes, NBA All Stars change their social plans all the time and sometimes miscommunications happen. I told the board Andre would be at Calhoun's game in the last few weeks and was right about that - of course you don't mention that.

Those guys you know - could learn from Bunkey - since he left we have gotten zero commitments - when Samuel left - Bunk took over and ran the table - 8 dudes including Gibbs, Shonn and Larrier and the Top 5. Pretty amazing and if you really know those other coaches well - other schools negative recruited - bad mouthing Bunk and Sam and it failed. Why would they do that if it he wasn't a threat. Ollie does a great job - but Bunk had his role and performed very well. Why the Bunkey hate?

Can you link the articles of the players saying that Bunkey put them over the top for UConn? Because I don't remember ever reading a player saying that

Reaction Score
Just read a zags article where an Anonymous scout was quoted saying if diallo went prep to pros he would be barely a second round pick . Some NBA scouts blow my mind, top ten recruit out of hs can't sniff first round ? Hilarious, he then went to say "he's no Malik Beasley or Dwayne bacon" . No he's a better prospect than both lol.

Reaction Score
I am trying to understand all of this. Why the need to "reclassify" if Diallo has graduated high school ? I guess I just don't understand why a post grad year was/is planned for him. If someone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.

Reaction Score
I am trying to understand all of this. Why the need to "reclassify" if Diallo has graduated high school ? I guess I just don't understand why a post grad year was/is planned for him. If someone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.

I'm not sure but there's something about all of this, the new "potential news of going straight tot he pro's" as well as the Coach Cal stuff that makes me think they should be focusing elsewhere. I don't pretend to know anything but I just think there's players out there we may miss because of staying with this dream, which could turn nightmare.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure but there's something about all of this, the new "potential news of going straight tot he pro's" as well as the Coach Cal stuff that makes me think they should be focusing elsewhere. I don't pretend to know anything but I just think there's players out there we may miss because of staying with this dream, which could turn nightmare.
Would be surprised if he doesn't come here.

Reaction Score
I agree with you to an extent mau but the staff has already expended a lot of time and energy recruiting him. At some point they have probably decided we put so much work into this already we have to see it through especially since the staff has such a good relationship with him and one of his good friends (Mamadou) is already on the team. If you add a kid of his caliber to the 2017 class a bunch of other kids fall our way most likely around him. Every major D1 program in the country would take this kid right now if he committed to them. I don't think we will miss on other kids because we are recruiting him otherwise all the other schools would be concerned about the same thing. And they don't seem to be either.
One thing I do agree with however is if we put all our eggs in his basket, and he goes somewhere else, it will be painful. But recruiting often is. If you told me right now I could have Wilkes, Mal and Richards but we would lose him I would sign for that in a second. Or even Beatty, Nwora and Polley. Diallo could be a program changing player, but how often is a "one and done" player a major factor in a National Championship? Only twice I believe have teams with one and done players won a NC. I'd rather have a two to three year guy who develops and turns into a top player. We have to continue to push for Diallo though because the staff has put so much into his recruitment, he is electric, and would help put fannies in the seats if nothing else.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm with Mau, I really really like this kid and he's the best kid we are recruiting but I think he goes elsewhere.

Although we got on Wilkes late I hope we actually have a shot with him, he'd be an amazing plan B.

Reaction Score
Based on what I've been told, it's us in 2017 as of right now. He's really only considering us UK and Cuse seriously. With UConn and Kentucky likely ahead of Cuse by a small margin. But grains of salt and all that.
I would be shocked if he ends up at Syracuse. 2017 is going to be a huge swing and miss for the orange. Most likely won't add any of their big targets. They messed up by not locking in Quade Greeen early. As they like to say in OrangeLande, He gone.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if he ends up at Syracuse. 2017 is going to be a huge swing and miss for the orange. Most likely won't add any of their big targets. They messed up by not locking in Quade Greeen early. As they like to say in OrangeLande, He gone.
Don't they lead for Richards? Boeheim is DESPERATE to win a second championship to cement his legacy. Right now he is lumped in with every other one championship coach and people have said that he wouldn't even have that one if he hadn't landed Carmelo. The sanctions they got are a JOKE. All he needs to win a championship are 8 scholarships. If he does "whatever it takes" to fill those 8 slots with the right players, he can win another one. And that is what he is doing. By the time the NCAA figures out what he is doing, if they ever do, he will be long gone so he has nothing to lose.

Reaction Score
Don't they lead for Richards? Boeheim is DESPERATE to win a second championship to cement his legacy. Right now he is lumped in with every other one championship coach and people have said that he wouldn't even have that one if he hadn't landed Carmelo. The sanctions they got are a JOKE. All he needs to win a championship are 8 scholarships. If he does "whatever it takes" to fill those 8 slots with the right players, he can win another one. And that is what he is doing. By the time the NCAA figures out what he is doing, if they ever do, he will be long gone so he has nothing to lose.
No, Kentucky leads.

Reaction Score
the thing with hamidou is, the uconn roster is such a good fit for him, both lockerroom and court . Not all best friends do the 'package deal' thing but we've got a lot of new york guys who know him extremely well. He's been recruited the hardest by KO and thats no question, also been coached by him... KO was recruiting him well before he became a top 50 kid. On the floor he will be able to step right in as an immediate starter and have the ball in his hands quite a bit, he can turn into a top 3 pick here if his game continues to grow. I'm leaning with @superjohn here even though i have no inside on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom