Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

These Bunk references are really annoying, I gotta say...

It would be a lot less annoying if we actually get a commit from someone meaningful post Bunk. While I predicted the drop-off quite frankly I had no idea it would be this severe.
Just also realized there was 9 commits during the Bunk era - I had forgotten about Zack Brown who we later dropped. Would Calhoun have kept him?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It would be a lot less annoying if we actually get a commit from someone meaningful post Bunk. While I predicted the drop-off quite frankly I had no idea it would be this severe.
Just also realized there was 9 commits during the Bunk era - I had forgotten about Zack Brown who we later dropped. Would Calhoun have kept him?

Calhoun would be furious if he knew how you used Bunk to undermine KO.

Reaction Score
Are all the other top schools who haven't been getting commits also suffering from not having Bunkey? Because these kids haven't been committing anywhere, not just here

C

Chief00

Are all the other top schools who haven't been getting commits also suffering from not having Bunkey? Because these kids haven't been committing anywhere, not just here

That quite frankly misses my point and shows a lack of recruiting understanding.
In our position, we need to close hard and early. The longer a recruitment lingers at this time of year - the more likely a kid ends up at Duke, UK, Etc.

C

Chief00

Calhoun would be furious if he knew how you used Bunk to undermine KO.
What? I have always been a huge KO supporter. I want success for the guy.

Watch the tape it doesn't lie - zero commitments since he left. Even guys we are leading with and may well get - they are lingering - I like a hard close.

Some key visits coming up - I hope the new formula gets off the ground and gets some wins.

Reaction Score
That quite frankly misses my point and shows a lack of recruiting understanding.
In our position, we need to close hard and early. The longer a recruitment lingers at this time of year - the more likely a kid ends up at Duke, UK, Etc.
I'll give you that point, wasn't thinking about it that way. I still think we'll be fine with Diallo and not lose him to UK. But I would definitely agree with you on a larger scale that it would be in our best interest to close those guys out early

To play devil's advocate, I think guys like Waters/Beatty/recruits of that level are waiting on the top guys to commit before deciding, so they don't end up in a bad situation for themselves

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think Chief and all the people who want to agree/disagree with him or post to punk the Bunk, should start a thread and leave your comments off every other damn thread in the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Just read a zags article where an Anonymous scout was quoted saying if diallo went prep to pros he would be barely a second round pick . Some NBA scouts blow my mind, top ten recruit out of hs can't sniff first round ? Hilarious, he then went to say "he's no Malik Beasley or Dwayne bacon" . No he's a better prospect than both lol.

I do understand this to a degree.. At the end of the day, to credit all of the amazing things that Hami does - the glaring weakness is shooting. In the NBA, these high school / college studs who can't shoot are exposed very quickly and if they don't possess another + attribute like defending or passing, they disappear rather quickly (or drop into the 2nd round in this scout's opinion)

Listen, I've seen all the videos and plan to see him in person this winter, but the way that he attacks the rim does make up for his shooting at this level, but at the next level? How different does this make him from Tyreke Evans? First comparison that came to mind, a slasher like that couldn't expand his game in the NBA...

Reaction Score
I do understand this to a degree.. At the end of the day, to credit all of the amazing things that Hami does - the glaring weakness is shooting. In the NBA, these high school / college studs who can't shoot are exposed very quickly and if they don't possess another + attribute like defending or passing, they disappear rather quickly (or drop into the 2nd round in this scout's opinion)

Listen, I've seen all the videos and plan to see him in person this winter, but the way that he attacks the rim does make up for his shooting at this level, but at the next level? How different does this make him from Tyreke Evans? First comparison that came to mind, a slasher like that couldn't expand his game in the NBA...

Still think Reke' is a better shooter and he has great handle. Hami could use some seasoning at UConn. Jumper def needs to become more consistent and adding range would be beneficial.

Reaction Score

His trademark is defense and he plays nothing like herky jerky tyreke Evans, if anything he has qualities of avery Bradley , Westbrook and a more popular comp Latrell spreewell.

Reaction Score
So you're saying I've got 4 more years of this left?
The scary thing is its been 5 years since that day of chief's reckoning (almost to the day). The question remains, will it repeat itself this year, "soon", or never?

Until he gets something else right the cycle duration cannot be determined...so ya, we got more of this coming unfortunately

Reaction Score

He's certainly a more electric run jump athlete than Tyreke Evans.

Reaction Score
Not sure how the Bunky thing affects anyone, think it's kind of funny most of the time. Not a big deal here, if I don't want to read about Bunk I continue on it won't ruin my day!

C

Chief00

The scary thing is its been 5 years since that day of chief's reckoning (almost to the day). The question remains, will it repeat itself this year, "soon", or never?

Until he gets something else right the cycle duration cannot be determined...so ya, we got more of this coming unfortunately

That's one more than you got right - but I got Adams, Enoch, Jackson etc recently right -

I also predicted the 2011 run when the odds at the time were probably 100 to one.

I predicted Jerome's issue that led to his suspension.

My biggest prediction was probably the NCAA sanctions would be really bad when it was popular to say we would get a slap on the risk.

I also predicted Bunky's departure would negatively impact recruiting and the geniuses who try to censure that - rather or not they succeed - that prediction been proven.

We will get a recruit soon though after the 6 month drought.

My CR prediction last spring seems to be on track but may take a little more time - but the activity is clearly there.

Reaction Score
That's one more than you got right - but I got Adams, Enoch, Jackson etc recently right -

I also predicted the 2011 run when the odds at the time were probably 100 to one.

My biggest prediction was probably the NCAA sanctions would be really bad when it was popular to say we would get a slap on the risk.

I also predicted Bunky's departure would negatively impact recruiting and the geniuses who try to censure that - rather or not they succeed - that prediction been proven.

My CR prediction last spring seems to be on track but may take a little more time - but the activity is clearly there.
We've reached peak Chief.

Reaction Score

Is this real? Or is he playing to a character? And yes this is a serious question.

Predicting a recruit soon, is like predicting the weather will change at some point.

Reaction Score
Is this real? Or is he playing to a character? And yes this is a serious question.

Predicting a recruit soon, is like predicting the weather will change at some point.
Yeah, but if you don't make a prediction, no matter how vague, then you can never take credit.

Reaction Score
Is this real? Or is he playing to a character?
Some of both IMO. Part of it is clearly terrible shtick that he continues on with because it gets a big response on the board. Part of it is clearly a person who has a good chance of being let down by this country's mental health system.

C

Chief00

The Enoch prediction was by far the most impressive. That was a tough recruitment to get a read on.

Recruiting is a dirty business - I don't take any recruitment for granted. Can't believe the usual geniuses who think Ham is a lock - they have no idea how competitive things are.

Predicting a signing by Seotember is pretty good when I would have been wrong if I had predicted a signing before any one of the 6 prior months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom