Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recruiting is a dirty business - I don't take any recruitment for granted. Can't believe the usual geniuses who think Ham is a lock - they have no idea how competitive things are.

Predicting a signing by Seotember is pretty good when I would have been wrong if I had predicted a signing before any one of the 6 prior months!
Can't sign before till November chief. You are already wrong buddy.

Reaction Score
I also predicted the 2011 run when the odds at the time were probably 100 to one
I predict uconn will win the NC every year, and I've got the bracket winnings to prove it 4 of the last 16 years

None of those predictions required you to take any real leap of faith. The majority of this board probably made all those same predictions without any alleged inside info

Reaction Score
Some of both IMO. Part of it is clearly terrible shtick that he continues on with because it gets a big response on the board. Part of it is clearly a person who has a good chance of being let down by this country's mental health system.
Let's face it, he's become insufferable. I used to like his schtick for comedic value, but his recent antics have earned an ignore. He's become the Dick Vitale of the Boneyard....at one point he was informative and knowledgable....now he has become a caricature of himself.

Reaction Score
Let's face it, he's become insufferable. I used to like his schtick for comedic value, but his recent antics have earned an ignore. He's become the Dick Vitale of the Boneyard....at one point he was informative and knowledgable....now he has become a caricature of himself.
I agree with everything you've said except the part where at one point he was informative and knowledgable. I don't ever recall that. I do remember being able to laugh at the dumb things he would say, but the lies about Drummond were a tipping point for me where it became too sad to even laugh at anymore. It's unfortunate that he gets such a response here from the "quite frankly" and the comments about Bunky, because it only causes him to latch onto those things even more.

Reaction Score
He got caught in a lie on the Drummond thing and was obviously extremely embarrassed. You would think he would have owned up to it and played around with the joke, instead he doubled down making himself look more foolish. He knows he lost any credibility around here, that's why he's gone into full caricature mode. He's probably a nice guy just has a really weird penchant to pretend he's close friends with a bunch of teens and people over 30 years younger than him. Sure he's annoying but he just seems like someone who wants to be in the know and wants to be loved.

Reaction Score
His trademark is defense and he plays nothing like herky jerky tyreke Evans, if anything he has qualities of avery Bradley , Westbrook and a more popular comp Latrell spreewell.

The Spreewell comp is interesting.. No way on Westbrook.. Spreewell might be spot on, still need to see more.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you've said except the part where at one point he was informative and knowledgable. I don't ever recall that. I do remember being able to laugh at the dumb things he would say, but the lies about Drummond were a tipping point for me where it became too sad to even laugh at anymore. It's unfortunate that he gets such a response here from the "quite frankly" and the comments about Bunky, because it only causes him to latch onto those things even more.
He's like a child, or a girl with daddy issues, or a troll; even negative response to his behavior somehow reinforces said behavior. He loves it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't think Chief is a UConn fan. Just a Calhoun groupie/loyalist. If he hadn't stayed here long term, Chief would be on some other team's message board lampooning his successor and making up stories about how he still new the guys on the team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Screen_Shot_2016_08_25_at_8_26_27_PM.png

C

Chief00

In all seriousness, I don't think Chief is a UConn fan. Just a Calhoun groupie/loyalist. If he hadn't stayed here long term, Chief would be on some other team's message board lampooning his successor and making up stories about how he still new the guys on the team.

Always taking shots at Calhoun - yes I am a Calhoun loyalist.
You must of had a bad interaction with Coach!

C

Chief00

You forgot "Cry for Help"

A
Fishy, actually you were the guy who thought we would get slapped on the wrist. I said it would be "really bad" - it was.

In 2011 I was hung for mojo and I predicted every game nearly to the point spread.

Facts are facts.

The obvious is only obvious in retrospect - as daring predictions become conventional wisdom - because they turn out to be true.

C

Chief00

The best was when he or someone impersonating him was showing up on the Courant articles for a while as literally the only comment and it was still as unintelligible as before

Not me! Someone fooled you again.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Always taking shots at Calhoun - yes I am a Calhoun loyalist.
You must of had a bad interaction with Coach!

"Coach" has caused trouble for people I know before, yes. He's also been great to others who are close to me. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for JC building this program. I wouldn't change a thing about his time at the university. What differentiates you from me is that I have come to terms with the fact that JC has retired from coaching, and that he placed the utmost faith in KO even though KO employs different methods than he does. Your insistence that KO does everything the same way that JC does shows that you care not one bit about respecting the mind and the talent of one of the best young coaches in the game, who landed a top 10 recruiting class last year on account of his personal skills, not anyone else's. Additionally, whenever you're posting about the historical side of the game, I never see Wes B or Art Quimby or Vin Yokabaskas or Tony Hanson. Anytime you talk about basketball pre-1986, it's someone on the Celtics. It's as if you have no knowledge of the culture or history of the program - did you ever see a UConn game pre-Calhoun, or did you only jump on the wagon once he was hired? Part of me thinks you literally only post here because you're buddies with Calhoun and Blaney from the old scene in the 60s/70s, and you hitched yourself here as one of their groupies.

Calhoun was wonderful, but there was a UConn basketball before him and there is a UConn basketball after him. And I am a UConn basketball fan before I am a fan of any one person, Calhoun included.

C

Chief00

"Coach" has caused trouble for people I know before, yes. He's also been great to others who are close to me. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for JC building this program. I wouldn't change a thing about his time at the university. What differentiates you from me is that I have come to terms with the fact that JC has retired from coaching, and that he placed the utmost faith in KO even though KO employs different methods than he does. Your insistence that KO does everything the same way that JC does shows that you care not one bit about respecting the mind and the talent of one of the best young coaches in the game, who landed a top 10 recruiting class last year on account of his personal skills, not anyone else's. Additionally, whenever you're posting about the historical side of the game, I never see Wes B or Art Quimby or Vin Yokabaskas or Tony Hanson. Anytime you talk about basketball pre-1986, it's someone on the Celtics. It's as if you have no knowledge of the culture or history of the program - did you ever see a UConn game pre-Calhoun, or did you only jump on the wagon once he was hired? Part of me thinks you literally only post here because you're buddies with Calhoun and Blaney from the old scene in the 60s/70s, and you hitched yourself here as one of their groupies.

Calhoun was wonderful, but there was a UConn basketball before him and there is a UConn basketball after him. And I am a UConn basketball fan before I am a fan of any one person, Calhoun included.

Pretty clear you have a thing against Coach and George. Again, KO has always been great to me as has Calhoun. You seem to have an axe to grind and view pro Coach and pro KO as mutually exclusive and they are the same core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom