Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

"Coach" has caused trouble for people I know before, yes. He's also been great to others who are close to me. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for JC building this program. I wouldn't change a thing about his time at the university. What differentiates you from me is that I have come to terms with the fact that JC has retired from coaching, and that he placed the utmost faith in KO even though KO employs different methods than he does. Your insistence that KO does everything the same way that JC does shows that you care not one bit about respecting the mind and the talent of one of the best young coaches in the game, who landed a top 10 recruiting class last year on account of his personal skills, not anyone else's. Additionally, whenever you're posting about the historical side of the game, I never see Wes B or Art Quimby or Vin Yokabaskas or Tony Hanson. Anytime you talk about basketball pre-1986, it's someone on the Celtics. It's as if you have no knowledge of the culture or history of the program - did you ever see a UConn game pre-Calhoun, or did you only jump on the wagon once he was hired? Part of me thinks you literally only post here because you're buddies with Calhoun and Blaney from the old scene in the 60s/70s, and you hitched yourself here as one of their groupies.

Calhoun was wonderful, but there was a UConn basketball before him and there is a UConn basketball after him. And I am a UConn basketball fan before I am a fan of any one person, Calhoun included.

Around and in - does that answer the historic recall

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Pretty clear you have a thing against Coach and George. Again, KO has always been great to me as has Calhoun. You seem to have an axe to grind and view pro Coach and pro KO as mutually exclusive and they are the same core.

I'm wondering if you could point out where you're getting that from.

Calhoun and Blaney deserve respect for their past service to the program, but they are not the current coaches anymore. I have full trust in the current people on staff even if "this would've never flown when JC was in charge". Basketball is a changing game; it's different now from 2012 when JC retired and it will continue to change. UConn's ability to adapt to change is directly related to its ability to survive as a top-tier program, and blind adherence to past strategies and policies gets in the way of that.

Reaction Score
So back to something chief said, a little back he said "good news coming soon". Any updates on his recruitment?

Reaction Score
What's the last day allowed to enroll in classes?

Need to know when to stop clicking on this thread twice a day.
Classes started today. Wave goodbye to that pipe dream lol

Reaction Score
Classes started today. Wave goodbye to that pipe dream lol
Not true, last day to enroll in classes is September 12 I believe. Exact date could be wrong but it's usually about a week or 2 into the semester

Reaction Score
Some dickwad just prophesied Diallo to Syracuse. Is that a joke or is there some evidence to back that up? I mean I get the MAL suspicion, but why Syracuse? Not that I know much, but first I've heard of Syracuse being involved. Or maybe he's just trying to damper our otherwise elated day? If we have to lose him, just don't lose him to Syracuse. I could handle Kentucky better.

Reaction Score
Some dickwad just prophesied Diallo to Syracuse. Is that a joke or is there some evidence to back that up? I mean I get the MAL suspicion, but why Syracuse? Not that I know much, but first I've heard of Syracuse being involved. Or maybe he's just trying to damper our otherwise elated day? If we have to lose him, just don't lose him to Syracuse. I could handle Kentucky better.

I think hami visited this summer. But could be wrong. It blends all together

Reaction Score
Step back from that ledge. He is NOT going to Syracuse.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
um, context?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
um, context?
The Maryland Insider just gave Syracuse a crystal ball pick on 247.

There's no smoke to this particular fire that I can suss out, though it should be noted that 'Cuse fans have always been confident about their chances of landing the kid. I don't think they will -- it's between us & Kentucky IMO -- but 'Cuse isn't out of the running entirely.

That said, we are back into the Harvey sweepstakes all of a sudden after seemingly pulling back in July. So who knows?

Reaction Score
Friday marks the first day this fall college coaches can go out and visit with prospects, and many of the biggest names in college basketball will be out on the recruiting trail.

Kentucky assistant Tony Barbee and UConn assistant Glen Miller are expected to see 2017 Putnam (CT) Science Academy shooting guard Hamidou Diallo on Friday. UConn head man Kevin Ollie may also come for Diallo, who could opt to enter the 2017 NBA Draft but told me he wants to go the college route.

Recruiting Roundup: What coaches and players are going where this weekend?

Reaction Score
As a follow up to @HooperScooper see we will be at Putnam Science tomorrow showing out for Diallo. Having trouble getting Tweet to link this time for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom